Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,936 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:06 PM

What Pisses You Off About Facebook? - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Pisses You Off About Facebook? (13496 Views)

Facts You Must Know About Facebook / 10 Unexpected Statistics And Facts About Facebook Users / What You Like About Facebook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by greatgeo(m): 2:50pm On May 07, 2011
senceless status updates.sumdont even know what facebook. mean,they dont know they are in public.they are not mindful of what they write.i believe 75 percent dont know what the initiator original plan is so they keep fooling themselves arround facebook.i stand to be corrected if am wrong.
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by Beync(f): 4:33pm On May 07, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

and you will also see comment like "Hot" "Sexy" "Angel" "toh bad" I will clean my face to make sure its the same fugly pictures I am looking at. Thats the number thing I hate about FB
lol
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by mikuz(m): 6:03pm On May 07, 2011
GOD! I hate those senseless and unreasonable notifications on facebook most!
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by kcjazz(m): 7:51pm On May 07, 2011
haha! I love FB

What annoys me, maybe birthday updates. The fact that everyone remembers so easily. grin My dad was so surprised on his birthday and felt so loved that folks remembered and am like duh! its on FB, stop being overly emotional dad!
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by intrepid: 8:33pm On May 07, 2011
The facebook craze or fever or even rush lately blew into Naija. Surely Mark Zukerberg did not envisage this kind of phenomenon. He meant it just from the Harvard students but eventually the thing got out of college and found much appeal among other folks outside the school. It also got down to Africa and finally Nigeria lately. Many Nigerians have been there but the rave got heated up recently, especially with the influx of mobile phone that can access the internet.

The media also helped to create this awareness. Facebook and indeed all the other social media sites (also known as web 2.0 sites) are very powerful tools if you can use them properly. Do you remember the 2008 presidential election in the US?A modest lawyer from Illinois garnered so big an election fund- few billion dollars and posed a colossal challenge for as seasoned a veteran as Senator John McCain.

Barack Obama knew the power of social media or web 2.0 sites especially facebook and manoeuvred it with classic élan. We all know the rest of the story.

However people use it or, whatever they do there now is not the owners’ problem as long as you do not attempt to take their cash in any way. Facebook makes an estimated $1.5million/week!

Do you have a calculator?

Those Nigerians you talk about help them to perform this feat in their own way, so no problems. Whatever they do there is not the issue. Fb keeps creating more features daily that will make their site not just attractive but addictive too, and many Nigerians are addicted to it like to cocaine. They spend so much money and time there without knowing that they can make a killing like many smart guys around the world are doing on that site. Facebook is a LEGAL money making machine if you know the secrets.

There are more than 600,000,000(six hundred million) active users of this site now. Out of this number about 3,000,000 are Nigerians. What amazes me is most of the people here do not actually know what they want or even how to use that site maximally. They do this not just on facebook but also, Tweeter (another big money machine).

Many people especially girls use it sometimes to upload the pics of their babies and husbands. Infact at a point some of my friends (school mates) who are now married had all their babies on fb. It was like a baby show or facebook baby fair. I almost thought it was some-unsaid-but-understood competition.

Many funny things happen there that sometimes are not worth the time but that site is great in another way. Infact fb is a very powerful weapon that can crank large chunks of cash into your account (100% LEGALLY) if you know the style and the rules.

There is an amazing mine of PURE GOLD on fb waiting for anybody who knows how to mine it. And you don’t do anything extraordinary, just the normal things you already always do on facebook. Check FACEBOOK GOLD here: www.fbkgold.webs.com
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by mamagee3(f): 8:49pm On May 07, 2011
Freestyl:

Adding me to useless groups without my consent and getting notifications that got nothing to do with me. angry
No need to frown. . .

Did Mark Zuckerberg force you to sign up? grin
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by remimartin(m): 9:07pm On May 07, 2011
The fact that you can´t leave when you want to.Ur membership seems to be for life
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by sayso: 9:38pm On May 07, 2011
facebook,peeps lie alot
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by mamagee3(f): 10:03pm On May 07, 2011
remimartin:

The fact that you can´t leave when you want to.your membership seems to be for life
I thought that's the what social networking sites are all about. . .
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by mithel(m): 12:29am On May 08, 2011
i think it depends on the kind of friends you have,for example though i have about 290 friends i can say i know 90 percent of dem physically,so i know wat to write to pull deir legs or tag dem just to disturb dem but most ppl dat complain abt fb mostly gals have abt 1000 friends or more on fb as if its a competition,and dey dnt usually know abt 90 percent of dem,hw wont they nw get useless mesages n tags.thats the main problem ppl av,u wud see a gal dat just opened an fb acbount aving 1k friends, smh for them.

The only annoying thing i can say i hate about fb is the comments gals picture gather.
If a wowo gal (dat is even an insult to the term wowo) uploads a pic,you would see guys commenting "sexy gal""i luv ur lips""u r hot"they would leave you thinking you have glaucoma or u need eye check up.

There was a day,a gal uploaded a pic which showed from the head to the waist,and a guy commented dat he luv her hips and i was lyk "WTF,guy,d pic aint showin her hips na",next tin d guy started abusing me. [:-/] .
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by leonaidas(m): 1:24am On May 08, 2011
receiving friend request from people who are actually enemies/frenemies, sux!
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by HotieTima(f): 6:18am On May 08, 2011
PPL OLD ENOUGH TO BE MY PAPA angry angry angry angry NASTY

PPL IN BOXING ME $HIT

PPL WANTING TO MARRY ME WITH OUT EVEN KNOWING ME WFT angry angry angry angry angry GOSH IT MAKES ME ANGRY.

GIRLS WARNING OTHER GIRLS ABOUT THEY BF, OOOOHH BIT*CH STAY AWAY HIS TAKEN WFT WE CAN ALL SEE YOUR IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM undecided undecided undecided undecided SO WHAT THE HELL ARE U ON ABOUT

PPL LYING TO UGLY GIRLS ON HOW HOT THEY LOOK UUUUMMM NIGGAH NO OFFENSE ARE U BLIND undecided undecided undecided undecided grin grin

AND LOSER SENDING MY THEY NUMBER THINKING I WILL CALL THEM OOOO U ARE DEAD WRONG MAN.

OOOMG I HATE PPL THAT DON'T HAVE PROFILES COMMENTING ON MY PICS

BUT ONE THING I LOVE ABOUT FACEBOOK IT ALLOWS U TO BUT UR CHAT OFF SO U WOULDN'T HAVE TO TALK TO SOME LOW LIVES
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by Nobody: 6:42am On May 08, 2011
Hotie Tima:

PPL OLD ENOUGH TO BE MY PAPA angry angry angry angry NASTY

PPL IN BOXING ME $HIT

PPL WANTING TO MARRY ME WITH OUT EVEN KNOWING ME WFT angry angry angry angry angry GOSH IT MAKES ME ANGRY.

GIRLS WARNING OTHER GIRLS ABOUT THEY BF, OOOOHH BIT*CH STAY AWAY HIS TAKEN WFT WE CAN ALL SEE YOUR IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM undecided undecided undecided undecided SO WHAT THE HELL ARE U ON ABOUT

PPL LYING TO UGLY GIRLS ON HOW HOT THEY LOOK UUUUMMM NIGGAH NO OFFENSE ARE U BLIND undecided undecided undecided undecided grin grin

AND LOSER SENDING MY THEY NUMBER THINKING I WILL CALL THEM OOOO U ARE DEAD WRONG MAN.

OOOMG I HATE PPL THAT DON'T HAVE PROFILES COMMENTING ON MY PICS

BUT ONE THING I LOVE ABOUT FACEBOOK IT ALLOWS U TO BUT your CHAT OFF SO U WOULDN'T HAVE TO TALK TO SOME LOW LIVES

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by webmining: 8:24am On May 08, 2011
I think what I dislike most is the viruses and the spam messages! And there are a lot of them now!
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by chuksme(m): 10:09am On May 08, 2011
There are so many people who don't know how to use FB,especialy girls the only thing they know is just to belong on facebook.but don't know what FB is realy about. They are the type of people that post all source of rubbish forgething that they are in a public place. I called ignorant.
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by Ignatio(m): 11:35am On May 08, 2011
1.The fact that people don't comment on other ppls sensible status.
2. Unnecessary event invites.
3. ' see who viewed your profile'

but, facebook is good. Have the ryt ppl as friends and make good use of it.
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by juliebest(f): 12:34pm On May 08, 2011
Getting added to a group which fills your inbox with updates.
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 08, 2011
its annoying when u read posts like this , "Long queue here man, All for a thousand bucks, Smh#", "Sometimes I do things so my 50 year old self won't have to. #TeamNoRegrets", "am more connected than telecom n more respected like d Jagaban" , "Am on my 12th Cup of Hennesy and 6th bottle of Alomo",

Who cares?

Not to mention the fact that people keep messing up their very good african names Bidemi becomes; Acceber BoSsladybeebie. Tunbosun is now; Wazza Fimilejo.
brb
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by uche77zero(m): 4:34pm On May 08, 2011
Saipem has a vendor registration site for vendors now for more information click on http://jeginconsult..com/ for more information
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by Princek12(m): 6:35pm On May 08, 2011
gist4real:

its annoying when u read posts like this ,  "Long queue here man,  All for a thousand bucks,  Smh#",  "Sometimes I do things so my 50 year old self won't have to. #TeamNoRegrets",  "am more connected than telecom n more respected like d Jagaban" ,  "Am on my 12th Cup of Hennesy and 6th bottle of Alomo",

Who cares?

Not to mention the fact that people keep [b]messing up their very good african names [/b]Bidemi  becomes; Acceber BoSsladybeebie. Tunbosun is now; Wazza Fimilejo.
brb

Gbadebo becomes gbabesky

Shakiratu becomes Shaniqua   grin

Onyekachi becomes Onyi

Tunde becomes Tuns

Yewande becomes Yewy

Adewale becomes Wallon

When all these names are used on your fb page, the essence of social networking is diluted, as in many cannot search and find you by the name with which they have associated you; therefore they cannot network with you.
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by ise82(m): 8:35pm On May 08, 2011
to me, there is nothin wrong with facebook. the only feature i want facebook to add is the dislike button. not evry1 will like what u post. u might want to disagree with som1's status or post; so ow do u do that? Facebook rocks!
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 08, 2011
The fact that it is addictive. angry
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by miracle4(m): 12:42am On May 09, 2011
tags is my grave enemy
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by Meristem: 2:35am On May 09, 2011
I hate the fakeness of it all. My guy wey dey drink garri for house has a profile picture of himself in front of a Jaguar car, wearing blings. Profile posts? '' ahh! Just came back from Prince William's wedding in Kabul, '' lol
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by Meristem: 2:37am On May 09, 2011
**mcheeew** nonsense!
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by cexplorer(m): 10:16am On May 09, 2011
More persons bearing the same name making it difficult finding your target friend e.g James Adams
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 09, 2011
the fAct that i cant Bleep thru it
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 09, 2011
lol lol lol
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by hlexzy: 5:45am On May 10, 2011
Facebook is proof that the world is terminally bored.”
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by Osama10(m): 5:46am On May 10, 2011
hlexzy:

Facebook is proof that the world is terminally bored.”

grin grin grin
Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by niyi09(m): 9:13am On May 10, 2011
If the world was Facebook!!!

Re: What Pisses You Off About Facebook? by Memunah(f): 11:12am On May 10, 2011
i really wish we could have somefin like "i hate this status" instead of the usual "like this" cos some status really sucks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do Nigerians Afford The N16,000 Per Month Internet Bill. This Is Like $160 / NEW!!! MTN New Unlimited Browsing Cheat / A Detailed Review About The Cashnetusa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.