Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,172 members, 7,864,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:58 AM

Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death (39643 Views)

Remembering Michael Jackson On His 64th Birthday / Remembering Michael Jackson On His 63rd Birthday / Remembering Michael Jackson, 10 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 25, 2021
Fuckthamods:

Stfu! What do you know? Every artists of today is influenced by Michael Jackson in one way or the other. He revolutionized music into what music is today. He's the undisputed king of music and entertainment as a whole... If you don't know then go make more research about him!

Tell them.

Someone on the thread is even comparing Penaldo with MJ.

Kids in this generation are so dumb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Fuckthamods: 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2021
Edusouls:
We grew up with his music, when I heard about his death I felt so sad that I didn’t attend school for one week, infact i lost concentration for almost a month..
Same here bro.. Till today I'm always on youtube watching anything about him.
I'm his number one fan and thinking he's dead always makes me emotional
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Marpol2021(m): 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2021
Don’t worry he is resting and entertaining satan in hell..
Rilley:
I remember the day he died, that day it rained heavily, when I heared the sad news I couldn't believe it, I was just so sad because he was my favourite musician, may his soul continue to rest in peace.
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Fuckthamods: 6:33pm On Jun 25, 2021
richmond500:
well, there was social media but its wasnt this rampant.

CR7 is still the most popular and has online fanbase greater than the population of Nigeria and that is not all of his fans, having a fan base that triple CR7 followers is like having 10% of the world population as ur followers, MJ cannot pull that

MJ didn't have that much fan bruh
While there wasn't any social media in his time, Michael Jackson was known in every corner of the earth even in uncivilized communities, there's this video on YouTube, white men went with tv into amazon forest to meet some locals.. The white men showed this villagers videos of zidane, ronaldinho, Neil Armstrong on the moon and many other things, these villagers didn't know any of them, but when they was shown Michael Jackson they jumped up in happiness.
Mehn you don't know MJ abeg... Someone kings and queens from all over the world invite to perform, Michael Jackson can never walk publicly without heavy security, he's always in disguise and you're saying CR7

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2021
maziuwa:
Which club did he played ball
Arsenal
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Superpack589: 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2021
I love you Michael Jackson. Rest in peace legend.

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Fuckthamods: 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2021
Gratefulheart1:

Tell them.

Someone on the thread is even comparing Penaldo with MJ.

Kids in this generation are so dumb.
Ronaldo over Messi though grin
I'm a big fan of CR7 but a bigger fan of MJ
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by stubbornman(m): 6:44pm On Jun 25, 2021
blowjohn:
Entertainment wise, he was perhaps the greatest ever.
Musically(lyrics, message,deliver, poetry,etc), I'll rank these artists above him.

1. Paul simon
2. Nas
3. U2
4. Bee gees
5. Bob Dylan
6. Lobo
7. Prodigy of mobb deep
8. Arcade fire
9. The National
10. Radiohead
11. Lucky Dube
12. Scarface
13. Manic street preachers
14. Bruce springsteen
15. Smokie
16. Nirvana
17. The eagles
18. Oasis
19. R.E.M
20. The killers
..............and so many more artists.

C'mon gettat of here.....talking rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Mustiboy(m): 6:44pm On Jun 25, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

Some people don't know him
Every household, not person.

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Fuckthamods: 6:44pm On Jun 25, 2021
Ishilove:
I was asleep when someone tapped me awake around 8.30pm and told me MJ had died. PEOPLE WERE SCREAMING.

Sleep fled my eyes for most of the night
8:30pm?? Which country? grin
It was afternoon here in naija when the news of his death broke out
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by skuribeebo: 6:44pm On Jun 25, 2021
maziuwa:
Which club did he played ball
He was a Gunner.
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Fuckthamods: 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:
Dude touched underaged boys angry

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by stubbornman(m): 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
azpekuliar:

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha... if social media was around when MJ was a performimg artiste, he will triple CR7’s followership on IG! Easy peasy.

Some of these children go just open mouth dey talk nonsense..... After CR7 retire he will not be as popular as Michael Jackson 10years later

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by stubbornman(m): 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2021
richmond500:
well, there was social media but its wasnt this rampant.

CR7 is still the most popular and has online fanbase greater than the population of Nigeria and that is not all of his fans, having a fan base that triple CR7 followers is like having 10% of the world population as ur followers, MJ cannot pull that

MJ didn't have that much fan bruh

Bro you're very very very embarrassing.....damnnnn

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
Fuckthamods:

Ronaldo over Messi though grin
I'm a big fan of CR7 but a bigger fan of MJ

Good to hear bro, but I'm neither a fan of either Pessi or Penaldo though.
But sentiment aside Messi is the better one, they're not on the same level.

Indeed, Ronaldo is a great inspiration, hardworking and would deliver any day, anytime when it comes to goals even with his age. And goals is very important in football.
All the same when it comes to overall, Messi is just the magnificence of football.
Messi is the greatest footballer (overall), Ronaldo is the greatest goal scorer.

Those who pick Ronaldo over Messi always do that because of sentiment.
Let us shun sentiment in our judgment. You see people come here to defend Buhari, Tinubu because of sentiment. And it really sucks.
If we all learn not to be partial in our judgment, the world will be a better place. Always give it to the right person that deserves it. Thanks
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 25, 2021
Hmm see money and fame,millions of people died everyday only the rich and famous among will be remembered,what a world!

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by blowjohn(m): 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
Fuckthamods:

Stfu! What do you know? Every artists of today is influenced by Michael Jackson in one way or the other. He revolutionized music into what music is today. He's the undisputed king of music and entertainment as a whole... Till today his album is being sold in massive numbers, his music is still toping charts on spotify and other online music platforms. If you don't know then go make more research about him!

If u dont know anything about music , u can use google.
Go and google paul simon or bob Dylan or nirvana.
Even more, go and Google radiohead.
People like u dont listen wide, that's why.
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Fuckthamods: 7:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
blowjohn:

If u dont know anything about music , u can use google.
Go and google paul simon or bob Dylan or nirvana.
Even more, go and Google radiohead.
People like u dont listen wide, that's why.
cheesy you must be a clown.. How many albums did they sell? grin

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by hedonido: 7:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
DarkCaesar:
Rest on wacko jacko

No true fan of his would ever address him by that derogatory term, "Wacko Jacko", coined by the soulless tabloids.

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by blowjohn(m): 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
Fuckthamods:

cheesy you must be a clown.. How many albums did they sell? grin

U no well o.
The eagle's greatest hits album is the best selling album in America.
If I mention artists eh u go fear.
Go and Google Radiohead and understand why all their albums have critical acclaim on metacritic
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by charleyboy(m): 7:27pm On Jun 25, 2021
This was taken from a fan;

Whether you like Michael Jackson or not, one cannot argue that he was unique. He was a lot more than a good dancer or a good singer. He was extraordinary, unique, no one else was ever or ever will be like him again, whether a fan or a hater. He was the consummate performer in my opinion because he combined perfect, non stop, on the spot dance moves along with great vocals. His music made you actually think you can fly, his songs are unique, speak directly to your heart, his music is timeless with no limitations , no barriers, appeals to people of all races, cultures, ages. While others dance to the beat, Michael was the beat. Are there better vocalists than him? Absolutely. But can they take your breath away or give you goosebumps the way Michael did? No, because Michael danced and sang from his heart, he gave his all on stage, his heart and soul , everything he had. Apart from the special effects he could just stand on stage without even moving and have people all over the world faint, scream, cry, not just girls, but straight grown up men. That is an effect that nobody else ever had before or ever will. That is sheer charisma, an inexplicable ‘’je ne sais quoi’’ , a mesmerizing aura that surrounded him, something with which he was born and cannot be taught or acquired through hard word. He did not become a great entertainer, he was born one. Since day one he was destined to entertain the world, which is why he broke racial, cultural, geographical and generational barriers more than any other artist. While other artists - from whom i take absolutely nothing away - put on a great show, Michael was from another planet, otherworldly, electrifying. So, yes , Michael is hands down the best entertainer of all time.

4 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 7:33pm On Jun 25, 2021
[quote author=Fuckthamods post=103088332][/quote]
It's a big lie to say they found nothing.
Go and properly do your research.
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Fuckthamods: 7:36pm On Jun 25, 2021
blowjohn:

U no well o.
Go and Google Radiohead and understand why all their albums have critical acclaim on metacritic
grin those ones no even reach our fela.. Abeggy

4 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by blowjohn(m): 7:50pm On Jun 25, 2021
Fuckthamods:

grin those ones no even reach our fela.. Abeggy

I tire for u o
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Rilley(m): 8:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
Marpol2021:
Don’t worry he is resting and entertaining satan in hell..
When you are not assistant God, abeg get out

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by lascos912(m): 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2021
richmond500:
MJ when he was alive was not as popular as Ronaldo.

He got 45-55% of his fans posthumously.
Most people became his fan after he died
my guy go and watch Michael Jackson lives stage perform and look at Spectators whose only came to watch Michael Jackson compared to spectators whose come to watch Ronaldo and other 21 players

4 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Kennyking1234: 9:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
richmond500:

And to this day, I don't think there is anyone more popular than MJ, maybe except Christiano Ronaldo
I noticed Christiano looks like mj
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Kolena: 9:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
blowjohn:

U no well o.
Your argument is getting me annoyed. I know these artistes you're mentioning, and I must tell you that they are not close to MJ. Most of these artistes aren't known in many countries, but Michael Jackson is known worldwide.

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by blowjohn(m): 9:37pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kolena:

Your argument is getting me annoyed. I know these artistes you're mentioning, and I must tell you that they are not close to MJ. Most of these artistes aren't known in many countries, but Michael Jackson is known worldwide.

Did I say MJ isn't well known?
I only said, that musically, those artists I mentioned have better discographies.
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Kolena: 9:42pm On Jun 25, 2021
blowjohn:

Did I say MJ isn't well known?
I only said, that musically, those artists I mentioned have better discographies.
You're very wrong about that as well. IMO, he was better than them. Bro, there's MJ and then other artistes. MJ beats them in all aspects.

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by blowjohn(m): 9:59pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kolena:

You're very wrong about that as well. IMO, he was better than them. Bro, there's MJ and then other artistes. MJ beats them in all aspects.

MJ better than bob Dylan lyrically?
Better than Bruce Springsteen?
Better than Nas lyrically?
Better than paul simon lyrically?

Better than R.E.M ?
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by amliftedhigher: 10:06pm On Jun 25, 2021
We miss you Michael Jackson. The greatest creature of all time

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Simi And Adekunle Gold Celebrate Christmas With Their Daughter, Deja (Photos) / Two Men Blast Each Other Over Who Will Date Mercy Aigbe’s 14yr Old Daughter(Pics / Actress Angela Okorie Shares Morning Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.