Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,447 members, 7,861,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:01 AM

Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death (39626 Views)

Remembering Michael Jackson On His 64th Birthday / Remembering Michael Jackson On His 63rd Birthday / Remembering Michael Jackson, 10 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Mustiboy(m): 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2021
richmond500:

And to this day, I don't think there is anyone more popular than MJ, maybe except Christiano Ronaldo

There is no household that doesn't know the name Michael Jackson. The same cannot be said for Ronaldo.

Michael Jackson is the most popular man to ever walk the earth. Even old people in their dieing days know his name.

13 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Babyboyforeal(m): 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2021
Rip on mj no one like u
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by lascos912(m): 3:43pm On Jun 25, 2021
richmond500:

And to this day, I don't think there is anyone more popular than MJ, maybe except Christiano Ronaldo
not even Renaldo

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by SEGLIZ: 3:44pm On Jun 25, 2021
GeneralPula:
That’s the most gifted music artist ever liveth..

Micheal Jackson would still be very much alive if he was a white man. That, such a unique music artist with world wide fan base is a black man gave these evil whites people some sort of everyday disturbance..

I read it somewhere that he’s death wasn’t natural at all which I won’t doubt it..

There’s nothing CIA of America can’t do. There’s nothing they’ve not done..

conspiracy theory I believe.
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by harmony75: 3:44pm On Jun 25, 2021
Wow just like yesterday! 12years? Continue to rest great Michael ��
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Dikaveli(m): 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2021
richmond500:

2pac is even more popular than him even in death

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by sophxx: 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2021
wunmi590:
cool

You are a legend and you will continue to be a legend Miko.....

But truth be told, you killed yourself just because you want to belong....

Beyonce, jay z, west and co are black and they are great musicians today and have also written their name in gold in the history of music....

RIP
You nor sabi yet you nor wan learn. So for your eye you been think say Michael bleach too abi. Michael was always mostly unhappy when alive all cuz of supreme court judges like yourself. Always misjudging the poor dude. He sha don die for una but still e neva do. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by richmond500: 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
Mozegee:
Not only ,I refuse to eat and I shed tears like a baby
ona go just deh lie anyhow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by blowjohn(m): 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2021
Entertainment wise, he was perhaps the greatest ever.
Musically(lyrics, message,deliver, poetry,etc), I'll rank these artists above him.

1. Paul simon
2. Nas
3. U2
4. Bee gees
5. Bob Dylan
6. Lobo
7. Prodigy of mobb deep
8. Arcade fire
9. The National
10. Radiohead
11. Lucky Dube
12. Scarface
13. Manic street preachers
14. Bruce springsteen
15. Smokie
16. Nirvana
17. The eagles
18. Oasis
19. R.E.M
20. The killers
..............and so many more artists.
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Josywhyte: 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2021
'You're not alone' my best MJ track
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Bobbyjay001(m): 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2021
I will never forget his "world tour '92" packaged album
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by azpekuliar: 3:48pm On Jun 25, 2021
Tears rolled down my face when the news broke. No shame in it. I loved the man. Rest on king!

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by richmond500: 3:48pm On Jun 25, 2021
Mustiboy:

There is no household that doesn't know the name Michael Jackson. The same cannot be said for Ronaldo.

Michael Jackson is the most popular man to ever walk the earth. Even old people in their dieing days know his name.
MJ death made him more popular, though he was very popular when he was alive but he wasn't as popular as CR7, most of his fans never knew him when he was alive, up to 45% of his fans came after his dead

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by frankoben(m): 3:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
The greatest of them all, even children that came into the world after your passing feel the vacuum caused by ur permanent absence on the world music stage. The true #kingofpop, I will surely fish you out on resurrection day.

Continue to rest...
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by blowjohn(m): 3:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
PrinceMajestic:
He remains the greatest of all time. GOAT. When he asked god what about all the peace that you pledged your only son? He askd god to heal the world and make it a better place, what about flowering fields? What about africans? Just listen to "earth's song" by MJ. I love MJ and will always do regardless of any bad thing mad christians say about him. Rest On my legend

How na?
Calm down.
Most of u guys have not listened to up to a thousand artists before making such claims.
He was good. Very good.
But cant enter top 30 greatest of all time.
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by azpekuliar: 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2021
richmond500:
MJ death made him more popular, though he was very popular when he was alive but he wasn't as popular as CR7, most of his fans never knew him when he was alive, up to 45% of his fans came after his dead

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha... if social media was around when MJ was a performimg artiste, he will triple CR7’s followership on IG! Easy peasy.

10 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by lascos912(m): 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
the records this man has set in music ehn i don't think any other musician can break it
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by slimman007: 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
maziuwa:
Which club did he played ball

Napoli FC
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by richmond500: 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
lascos912:
not even Renaldo
MJ when he was alive was not as popular as Ronaldo.

He got 45-55% of his fans posthumously.
Most people became his fan after he died
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Bahamas95(m): 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2021
My favourite MJ's songs.

1. Thriller.

2. Billy Jean.

3. Beat it.
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by richmond500: 3:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
azpekuliar:

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha... if social media was around when MJ was a performimg artiste, he will triple CR7’s followership on IG! Easy peasy.
well, there was social media but its wasnt this rampant.

CR7 is still the most popular and has online fanbase greater than the population of Nigeria and that is not all of his fans, having a fan base that triple CR7 followers is like having 10% of the world population as ur followers, MJ cannot pull that

MJ didn't have that much fan bruh
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by BrazilAirport: 3:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
Billy jean
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Kobicove(m): 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2021
There will never be another Michael Jackson!

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by EmmanuelScott1(m): 3:59pm On Jun 25, 2021
Keep resting M.J cry
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Edusouls(m): 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
Christiano Ronaldo is a kid, mj was an icon, across many cultures
richmond500:

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by azpekuliar: 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
richmond500:
well, there was social media but its wasnt this rampant.

CR7 is still the most popular and has online fanbase greater than the population of Nigeria and that is not all of his fans, having a fan base that triple CR7 followers is like having 10% of the world population as ur followers, MJ cannot pull that

MJ didn't have that much fan bruh

There was no IG bro. I am not interested in a generation-biased argument. It’s your time, enjoy. We who lived through and witnessed MJ’s greatness know what we know. smiley

6 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Edusouls(m): 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2021
We grew up with his music, when I heard about his death I felt so sad that I didn’t attend school for one week, infact i lost concentration for almost a month..

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Mustiboy(m): 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2021
richmond500:

What the fvck are you on about? While MJ's death made him even more popular, you can't deny that he was and still is the most popular person to ever.

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Born2conquer: 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2021
wunmi590:
cool

You are a legend and you will continue to be a legend Miko.....

But truth be told, you killed yourself just because you want to belong....

Beyonce, jay z, west and co are black and they are great musicians today and have also written their name in gold in the history of music....

RIP
Belong where?

The industry he’s greater than

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2021
A man that designed and developed his own art in music...
Every part of his body was tuned to his art..
He left a footprint no artist would ever be able to fill... He was a musical icon..

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by damola1: 4:14pm On Jun 25, 2021
caesymore:
How much I loved this Legend and still do... I could recall I shed tears when I heard of his demise.
R.I.P Michael Joseph Jackson

I did too

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olubunmi Adedayo Is Dead (Son Of Tastee Fried Chicken Boss) / Dilly And Fifi Umenyiora Celebrate 8th Wedding Anniversary / Banky W And Adesua Etomi On Set Of 'The Wedding Party 2' (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.