Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,330 members, 7,826,310 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable (35352 Views)

80% Of Married Men, Who Are Not Financially Stable Are Not Happy / Advantages Of Marrying As A Virgin / 'There Is No Financially Stable Man In His 20's" - Nigerian Man Tell Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Gerrard59(m): 8:07am On Jul 08, 2021
Ifakiland:
Typical Nigerian he goat, thinking money can buy respect and love. Lol you SIMPs never seize to amaze someone with your high level stupidity

Nigeria is the world's poverty capital, love does not exist in such places. No one disrespects a rich person/someone with money. This cuts across the world. People (ditto rich countries) with more money are more respected or at least are not openly disrespected.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by echodrum(m): 8:15am On Jul 08, 2021
Romanoff:
As a woman, I advice strongly against it.

If you're a woman, don't get married without a source of income, no matter how small.

Either a job or a business. Just have something doing.
It is a recipe for disaster if you have nothing doing.
I disagree with you on that. I think the right thing to say is do not get married if neither of the couples do not have a source of income. if a man is fully capable of taking care of the family until the wife finds something doing what is the point of waiting for a source of income?

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by babyfaceafrica: 8:25am On Jul 08, 2021
yassjib:
Nothing but the truth, candid advice for the upcoming. I have married for 9 yrs now. I told my mother in-law that I have to get a job 1st before getting married but she said that I shouldn't worry that job will definitely come that I shouldn't mind, I agreed. To cut a long story short, after our 1st two kids my wife got a job with d FFS with d help from her mother side thinking that everything will be okay after d job since me I am not all that financially stable but the all things turned upside down. She started taking authorities over our homes since she have become d bread winner for now. Her mother started taking her side even if she is wrong as she started sending more money to her mum. I was not having peace again in our home because we both pay bills together she started feeling as if she does more. She and her mum collide together and brought her 25yr old sister to come and stay with us and that turned my home to hell. Pls guys be averagely better financially before getting marry
This is Sad.. God will provide for you

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by angelfallz(m): 8:26am On Jul 08, 2021
The bolded,

grin grin grin grin grin grin

pansophist:

Why not quote me directly? All this kpomo men sef grin

To the topic, contentment is fluid, it is not something that is benchmarked on a particular amount before it (contentment) has an effect. A good example of contentment are the northern shoe cobblers, hawkers, finger nail trimmers and cloth sewers. Think about it, you'll hardly hear or see an hausa man on the news stealing, engaging in ritualist or Internet fraud, even if they are the poorest and largest ethnic group in Nigeria.

Thats what contentment does to you. It kills envy for others, it's being at peace with yourself regardless of your earnings, with a sense of gratitude to top it all. I admire that trait in the Northerners, and it something you should learn from them. So my guy, the instant way to be rich right now, na you just comot mind for all the things wey you no fit afford. No go kill yaself. And next time, get balls quote me, no de go through woman, you hear? grin

cc. Bukatyne

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by womenareapess: 8:51am On Jul 08, 2021
Akuruoulo:

U ARE A TRUE WOMAN
oga read between the lines.

That useless naija woman said if giving the opportunity to start again she won't try what she did by staying with that poor man of her husband. undecided

Guy wise up and forget naija women

4 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by labisibrass(m): 10:59am On Jul 08, 2021
abimic:

Not entirely true, I've seen a woman who stayed with her husband when he lost his job, the woman did all she could to lift the family, she works in a good company, and earned a decent income. Funny thing is, the woman virtually won't let anyone rest, dead or alive angry, until she announces that her husband needs a job, and as God would have his way, she bankrolled the family for about six months or more till God helped the man with another job paying well. He never gave up and was always looking out for ways to help himself. Just marry right, marry a responsible person who believes in him/herself, and marry a goal getter, marry who has plans backed with actions. Funny thing is I've seen someone Got married, then things turned from grass to grace for them, from little to plenty, marriages open door for some, while for some, it spelt doom. Partners should be careful, know each other's plans, support and help eachother but above all, marry an understanding partner who pushes the best of you. Frankly, marriage is not for the faint-hearted, the bills are draining for both parties, more reason both parties should have good financial plans, plan A, plan B, plan c, plan d, plan e... Till you finally achieve close to your planned stable income level.

Correct!
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by amadaovie(m): 11:05am On Jul 08, 2021
aribisala0:
There are different dimensions to the issue.

Biologically there is a competition for whose genes will inherit the earth. If you don't make babies then the offspring of one idiot will inherit the world so you need to add your genes to the mix

Competition kill you dier!!!!!
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Hassanmaye(m): 12:39pm On Jul 08, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Lies from the pit from hell, marry a virgin, I repeat marry a virgin without experience, if you have money or not you wouldn't have issues, if you marry a harlot that even give her all heavens she will go to hell to have sex, I know a woman who had a jobless husband, she was more educated and more financially stable than the man that had nothing but they are living well, even the woman took loan several times in her office to buy two cars for him for transportation and some others to buy the house they are living, they have been together for about 9years now.
Oh my God do such women exist
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Hassanmaye(m): 12:42pm On Jul 08, 2021
labisibrass:
Marry am first, money will come later

The most useless advice ever!
Haha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Hassanmaye(m): 12:47pm On Jul 08, 2021
Mustiboy:
It's not a must you marry as a man.

A time will come when this thing they call marriage will become very unnecessary.
Are you sure
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Hassanmaye(m): 12:49pm On Jul 08, 2021
laxetude:

Nigga am riding on this same wave. Life is too darn short
Lol we are in the same shoe, no one can force to marry, daughters of jalila too much
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Hassanmaye(m): 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2021
MrNipplesLover:
Fear women...

I don talk my own.
Lol why have dey shown pepper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Hassanmaye(m): 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2021
authority2006:

You gotta do what you gotta do.
Look for a woman that will not expose your not-too-okay financial status to the world.
One or two kids should be enough.
Try something new for your source of income.

Funny thing is that I know a man who is like 44 now, instead of raising family even if it is just husband, wife and a kid, the man is after building his own house that may take three or more years to complete.
May be he doesn't want to marry like me
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Hassanmaye(m): 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2021
oloshun:

Bro, you make sense. I have come to realize that marriage is by luck. My former wife met me when I was much spending loud. We divorced and after few years that I came to my senses, I met my new wife who is even richer than me then, we have been happy together with kids for 6years.
Wow
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Hassanmaye(m): 1:00pm On Jul 08, 2021
Xj2020:
I married a virgin without experience like you advised and it's still same old same story. Money is everything in marriage if you must command the respect of any woman especially women that play the role of full time house wives
What do you mean same old story?
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Kirkman: 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2021
authority2006:

You gotta do what you gotta do.
Look for a woman that will not expose your not-too-okay financial status to the world.
One or two kids should be enough.
Try something new for your source of income.

Funny thing is that I know a man who is like 44 now, instead of raising family even if it is just husband, wife and a kid, the man is after building his own house that may take three or more years to complete.
That 44 years old man is very wise, he doesn't wanna be paying rent those monies can be invested elsewhere in his businesses.

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by HottieCoach(f): 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2021
ogashman:
Op

What if you are approaching your fifties and still have not made that money, so u die a single man?

yes
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Polynek(m): 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2021
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by authority2006(m): 1:30pm On Jul 08, 2021
Kirkman:

That 44 years old man is very wise,
I'm not going to say otherwise because he's like family.

he doesn't wanna be paying rent those monies can be invested elsewhere in his businesses.
But let address this sentiment because I heard this statement a lot of the time.

The money you need to build your house is far greater than your annual rent in ten years in my area.
Imagine you are paying annual house rent of 150k and channel the rest of your annual income into your business. You do this for five years, by the sixth year, you can build your own house within a year conveniently with no effect on your already expanded business. With this method, money will be available to take care of many responsibilities.

Versus using your annual income to build your own house which can take you five years to complete. Your business won't be able to grow while you will end up tying your money down for years on your house project. With this method, many things that need money won't be attended to.

As far as I'm concerned, paying house rent gives me opportunity to expand my business while embarking on house project prematurely will definitely hurt my business.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by authority2006(m): 1:33pm On Jul 08, 2021
Gerrard59:

But as a married man, your kids are expected to leave when they are 18 and divorce/separation is possible in his 50s or 60s

Yeah, but that's better than not trying at all.
Your grandkids could come in handy. And you could end up growing old with your old lady.
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by showafrica(m): 1:37pm On Jul 08, 2021
Rapmoney:
As a young man, DO NOT let anyone, whether married or not to deceive you that money does not matter in marriage. The truth is that money solves more than half of the problems in marriage, especially in a Nigerian society.

This does not mean that you must be a millionaire or be rolling in money, but have the financial capacity to provide the basic things humans need for living, and luxuries inclusive.

Any home you enter where the man commands maximum respect, observe closely, he is living up to his responsibilities as a man. There is no respect from any woman for that man who cannot provide the basic necessities. Don't let anyone deceive you. That girl that tells you today that she will run any length for you will turn to a tigress tomorrow in marriage if the major finance comes from her.

If you would be respected, make sure you have a source of income that brings a substantial amount that can provide basic necessities and at least, modest luxuries.

Nailed... I went into marriage with the heart of I am not expecting any financial help from her and got a good woman. If you dey find who is financially stable or who her papa get too much money with the mindset that she will support your finances, you don finish. Though there are exceptions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by showafrica(m): 1:40pm On Jul 08, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Lies from the pit from hell, marry a virgin, I repeat marry a virgin without experience, if you have money or not you wouldn't have issues, if you marry a harlot that even give her all heavens she will go to hell to have sex, I know a woman who had a jobless husband, she was more educated and more financially stable than the man that had nothing but they are living well, even the woman took loan several times in her office to buy two cars for him for transportation and some others to buy the house they are living, they have been together for about 9years now.

Look well, that man get powerful rod, and he sabi use am. Two things can make a woman love you unconditionally, 1) good sexx 2) too much money

2 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by seangy4konji: 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2021
No matter how sweet that toto is...

MY BROTHER...DONT TRY IT OOO.

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by showafrica(m): 1:46pm On Jul 08, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
If you are not financially stable, do not marry. Don't let anyone pressure you, cerelac is 4k now.. Na one week dem go finish am.. Be wise

Lol, Aptamil, 9k, (4 days)

2 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by maak400: 4:14pm On Jul 08, 2021
Lekan239:
pls what is ur definition of being financially stable?
Say for instance a man is earning 50k salary in Lagos.
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by kingcornel(m): 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
ogashman:
Op

What if you are approaching your fifties and still have not made that money, so u die a single man?
Read the very first sentence very well"AS A YOUNG MAN"fifty yrs man is not a young man.he's an old man ok
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by babyfaceafrica: 4:52pm On Jul 08, 2021
maak400:

Say for instance a man is earning 50k salary in Lagos.
A 50k salary in Lagos is not financially stable sir.. He is just passing by

2 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by weedfada(m): 3:10pm On Jul 09, 2021
Quim2:

I'm 41. Money delayed me.
I have it now and started searching since November last year. I'm glad I didn't mess up by marrying in poverty. It would have been a huge disaster

My only worry now is kids. I wanna marry before August, that if I see the kind of tall, curvy, light-skinned lady I like. I no dey fear all those high maintenance ladies again lolz.

The surprising part is I have parents calling me to marry their teenage daughters.

I can hook you up if you're interested... She's igbo (dad igbo, mum akwa ibom... tall, Young shawty)
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by weedfada(m): 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2021
Rubbiish:

Ewo! bukatyne!
U don go bring plenty write up come cheesy
U like argument.... wink
Person no dey win u lol
I miss those days in family section sha...

I just reflected on that nigga's write up tho... Do u know that's the road map to peace and happiness on earth, hidden in plain sight... #serendipity!

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by weedfada(m): 3:49pm On Jul 09, 2021
pansophist:

Why not quote me directly? All this kpomo men sef grin

To the topic, contentment is fluid, it is not something that is benchmarked on a particular amount before it (contentment) has an effect. A good example of contentment are the northern shoe cobblers, hawkers, finger nail trimmers and cloth sewers. Think about it, you'll hardly hear or see an hausa man on the news stealing, engaging in ritualist or Internet fraud, even if they are the poorest and largest ethnic group in Nigeria.

Thats what contentment does to you. It kills envy for others, it's being at peace with yourself regardless of your earnings, with a sense of gratitude to top it all. I admire that trait in the Northerners, and it something you should learn from them. So my guy, the instant way to be rich right now, na you just comot mind for all the things wey you no fit afford. No go kill yaself. And next time, get balls quote me, no de go through woman, you hear? grin

cc. Bukatyne

I wanna like this shii a million times... Real talk ma G!

2 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Akuruoulo(m): 7:46am On Jul 10, 2021
womenareapess:
oga read between the lines.

That useless naija woman said if giving the opportunity to start again she won't try what she did by staying with that poor man of her husband. undecided

Guy wise up and forget naija women

Hmmm
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Quim2: 9:18pm On Jul 10, 2021
weedfada:

I can hook you up if you're interested... She's igbo (dad igbo, mum akwa ibom... tall, Young shawty)

Very very interested.
Can we chat privatly pls. My whatsapps number and email are on my profile.

Note.
Pls don't send a PM I don't have access to the email associated with this moniker.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Things Guys Say When Caught Cheating / Benue Girls / Lady Calls Out Her Married Boss For Trying To Date Her, Boss Declares Her Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.