Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Wats An Open Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wats An Open Relationship? (1217 Views)

What Do People Mean When They Say They Are "In An Open Relationship"? / What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? / If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wats An Open Relationship? by Tunexsy(m): 5:50pm On May 07, 2011
A frend of mine and i were chatting, and he told me a open relationship is meant to be an affair which everyone should know about, or is it a relationship where u can till double date?
Re: Wats An Open Relationship? by lepasharon(f): 9:03pm On May 07, 2011
a relationship dat anybody can inject as many times as dey lyk
Re: Wats An Open Relationship? by jasman1: 3:30am On May 08, 2011
A pervated type of relationship at most. Open to keep boyfriends/girlfriends as back ups. Its UNAFRICAN, don't do it
Re: Wats An Open Relationship? by InkedNerd(f): 3:41am On May 08, 2011
@OP: An open relationship is a relationship in which both individuals are free to have physical and or emotional relationships with other partners. Usually both participating parties agree to some sort of terms or agreements when doing so.

jas man:

A pervated type of relationship at most. Open to keep boyfriends/girlfriends as back ups. Its UNAFRICAN, don't do it

Perverted yet its ok for a man to have more than one wife? Hypocrisy much!!
Re: Wats An Open Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 7:13am On May 08, 2011
jas man:

Oh my goodness! Did you say UNAFRICAN? I done heard it all. What is "unafrican" about open relationships? I do recall knowing polygamy is accepted in some African countries and polygamy is just as perverted as open relationships.

We have a winner. Ladies and gentlemen. Time to crown another unfortunate.
Re: Wats An Open Relationship? by IZUKWU(m): 7:28am On May 08, 2011
An open relationship is a relationship in which infidelity is encouraged or do i say not frowned upon.
Re: Wats An Open Relationship? by InkedNerd(f): 8:17am On May 08, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Oh my goodness! Did you say UNAFRICAN? I done heard it all. What is "unafrican" about open relationships? I do recall knowing polygamy is accepted in some African countries and polygamy is just as perverted as open relationships.

We have a winner. Ladies and gentlemen. Time to crown another unfortunate.

Although what he said sounds contradictory, polygamy and an open relationship aren't the same thing.

IZUKWU:

An open relationship is a relationship in which infidelity is encouraged or do i say not frowned upon.

It's not actually infidelity if your partner is aware and the two have set limits and terms to the relationship.
Re: Wats An Open Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 8:21am On May 08, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Although what he said sounds contradictory, polygamy and an open relationship aren't the same thing.

It's not actually infidelity if your partner is aware and the two have set limits and terms to the relationship.

You are right in the definition sense however it is both perverted because more than one person being bleeped and possible passing each other some sicklies.
Re: Wats An Open Relationship? by InkedNerd(f): 8:34am On May 08, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

You are right in the definition sense however it is both perverted because more than one person being bleeped and possible passing each other some sicklies.

That doesn't necessarily make it perverted [although that would be based on opinion], it would just make it unsanitary/unhygienic if no one is being tested.
Re: Wats An Open Relationship? by Nobody: 8:56am On May 08, 2011
@op
An open relationship is one where both partners try very much to eradicate the word cheating, but fail miserably at it. Or better still call it friends with benefits. Or non-exclusive.
They are both trying very hard not to get hurt, thats the way i see it.
Re: Wats An Open Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 9:04am On May 08, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

That doesn't necessarily make it perverted [although that would be based on opinion], it would just make it unsanitary/unhygienic if no one is being tested.

Perversion

a. The act of perverting.
b. The state of being perverted.
2. A sexual practice or act considered abnormal or deviant.

It is a matter of opinions when it come to sexing any and everything to most people it is a perversion and to the rest it is not. Open relationships and polygamy is consider a sexual deviant to me and therefore it is a perversion to me.

Open relationships and polygamy isn't for everyone and I wish them the best of luck and HEALTH prosperity. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Brothers What 's The Most Thing That Attracks You In A Woman / Romantic Suggestion / When She Says 'THANK YOU'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.