Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,264 members, 7,829,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal (40598 Views)

Matt Hancock And Gina Coladangelo Kissing, Caught On CCTV Video; Gina Packs Out / Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office / Jacob Zuma Resigns As South African President! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by adriano50: 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2021
Wetting dis gender go cause
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by ScotDan: 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2021
When PMB go resign like this.....we are waiting
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by Cj4charles(m): 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2021
Everyday we keep seeing over 1001 things that happens in sane country but can never happen in Nigeria
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by olarent: 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2021
My Nigeria appointing we tell you is the work of PDP vice versa they we never resign the have no shame.
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2021
what preak cannot destroy, does not exist. angry
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by Eriokanmi: 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2021
Great decision
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2021
i said it the guy would resign. in nogeria, they would say it was photoshopped.
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by Twoclans(f): 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2021
It can only happen outside the shores of Africa
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by polite2(m): 9:17pm On Jun 26, 2021
Ohhj
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by Jeromejnr(m): 9:18pm On Jun 26, 2021
Ask4bigneyo:
Sane Resignation from a Sane Man in a Country.

What is sane about that married man?
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by tosik(m): 9:18pm On Jun 26, 2021
Isa pantanmi case worst pass this man,yet
him still dey office...he should learn how to resign from this man

1 Like

Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by redsun(m): 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2021
He didn't resign for the fact that he is fcking someone else's wife, but because he broke the social distancing rules, he championed for others to follow. It is a law-abiding country where leaders are supposed to lead by example and play by the rules.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by Munzy14(m): 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2021
colorsofrainbow:
If it was lai Mohamed who was caught,he will tell you how the media is trying to promote fake news & explain how he was only trying to suck out bone that stuck in her throat after having lunch...

Lai Mohammed has a miracle working mouth undecided
Fantastically corrupt minister...grin
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by Minjim: 9:21pm On Jun 26, 2021
He's an honourable man. Many of our politicians like Garba Shehu, Boss Mustapha and even Buhari were caught flaunting covid- 19 rules here but they are above the law they made.
It's only for us

1 Like

Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by Dhury: 9:23pm On Jun 26, 2021
This reminds me of FCMB boss scandal that I never heard about since.
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by MoIbrahim: 9:23pm On Jun 26, 2021
See people wey get shame.

If to say na naija, his tribal or religious people would carry placard saying, "leave our son alone".

3 Likes

Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by Sambai65(m): 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2021
DropsMic:
Forget oo... Oyibo na oyibo... If na my country now the man no go even bother apologize and nothing, absolutely nothing go happen. Infact a week after the incident one Organization go give am best minister award.
even people from his region will start solidarity protest for him,infact the way naija take cast ehn! Na only God fit repair am walahi

1 Like

Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by topoftheworld(m): 9:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
Don't will never happen in this country rather they deny it.. kiss :'
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by platido(m): 9:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
Something for Naija here. Wey them for sweep am under carpet..then move on and continue to chop the kpekus and money. Nah him person the resign
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by kindlyheart: 9:26pm On Jun 26, 2021
pantami come and learn
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by GeneralPula: 9:28pm On Jun 26, 2021
gentlestdude:
can never happen in naija

If nah you, will you resign?
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by Masturbator2020: 9:29pm On Jun 26, 2021
wwwihy:
Previous thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/6620412/matt-hancock-gina-coladangelo-kissing

Matt Hancock, Britain's beleaguered health secretary, resigns after being caught kissing aide

Matt Hancock resigned as Britain's Health Secretary Saturday, one day after he apologized for breaching Covid regulations.

The married politician was pictured kissing and embracing his adviser, with whom British tabloid The Sun alleges he is having an affair. The newspaper reported that the images were from May 6, two weeks before cross-household contact was allowed indoors in England

I've been to see the Prime Minister to resign as Secretary of State for Health and Social care... Those of us who make these rules have got to stick by them, and that's why I've got to resign," Hancock said in a video posted on his Twitter page.
"I'm very proud of what we've done to protect the NHS at the peak, to deliver that vaccine rollout -- one of the fastest in the world -- and I look forward to supporting the government and the Prime Minister from the backbenches," he added.
In a letter to Boris Johnson, he apologized writing, "I want to reiterate my apology for breaking the guidance and apologise to my family and loved ones for putting them through this."

The Sun's report had sparked accusations of apparent cronyism -- an allegation that the health secretary has faced previously for awarding a contract to a former neighbor for Covid-19 test kits.
Hancock has been under pressure for months over his handling of the coronavirus pandemic in Britain, but had managed to cling onto his role.
He was accused by Prime Minister Boris Johnson's former chief adviser Dominic Cummings of botching the country's coronavirus testing program, as well as lying about the dire situation in care homes and the shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE). Hancock has denied the claims.
To date, more than 128,000 people have died in the United Kingdom from Covid-19 -- the highest death toll in Europe. One of the biggest early failures of the UK's response to Covid-19 was in building a test-and-trace system. The British government has also been criticized for neglecting care homes, allowing many facilities to go without sufficient PPE, testing and clear guidelines.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/26/uk/uk-health-secretary-matt-hancock-resigns-gbr-intl/index.html
I said it in my earlier that the next new will be he resigned.
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by chukwuibuipob: 9:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
sad Such can't ever happen here.Dem go either frustrate U with nah Photoshop,nor be me,old pic till the NOISE die
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by runningriot: 9:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
Such is life, in insane countries the result of scandals is resignation but in my country politicians don't care if they are seen with a woman's pant as a facemask they will either defend their actions or try to push blame.

we have seen terrorist apologist, we have seen a intimacy gadget buyer and a woman beater we have seen so many things that eyes will wept and ears will get deaf but what we know of them is heart of stones no remorse no feelings.
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by jonnyjustcome22: 9:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
Having multiple wife doesn't stop one from cheating. Intact most people that have multiple wife do cheat. Faithfulness is a matter of the mind and discipline.

1 Like

Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by Ogaga87(m): 9:41pm On Jun 26, 2021
FarahAideed:
Good thing the hideous wife Fuucka has resigned

Go read the news from BBC.. Nairaland is just trying to mislead people.. That is the man's wife and they even have three three children together but the offense here is that whether married, you have to keep social distance even at your place of work.. He broke the rule he created and the reason he is leading by example..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by NgoziLovelyn(f): 9:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
People that has conscience.....no fit happen for Naija
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by ORIAYO70(m): 9:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
wwwihy:
Previous thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/6620412/matt-hancock-gina-coladangelo-kissing

Matt Hancock, Britain's beleaguered health secretary, resigns after being caught kissing aide

Matt Hancock resigned as Britain's Health Secretary Saturday, one day after he apologized for breaching Covid regulations.

The married politician was pictured kissing and embracing his adviser, with whom British tabloid The Sun alleges he is having an affair. The newspaper reported that the images were from May 6, two weeks before cross-household contact was allowed indoors in England

I've been to see the Prime Minister to resign as Secretary of State for Health and Social care... Those of us who make these rules have got to stick by them, and that's why I've got to resign," Hancock said in a video posted on his Twitter page.
"I'm very proud of what we've done to protect the NHS at the peak, to deliver that vaccine rollout -- one of the fastest in the world -- and I look forward to supporting the government and the Prime Minister from the backbenches," he added.
In a letter to Boris Johnson, he apologized writing, "I want to reiterate my apology for breaking the guidance and apologise to my family and loved ones for putting them through this."

The Sun's report had sparked accusations of apparent cronyism -- an allegation that the health secretary has faced previously for awarding a contract to a former neighbor for Covid-19 test kits.
Hancock has been under pressure for months over his handling of the coronavirus pandemic in Britain, but had managed to cling onto his role.
He was accused by Prime Minister Boris Johnson's former chief adviser Dominic Cummings of botching the country's coronavirus testing program, as well as lying about the dire situation in care homes and the shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE). Hancock has denied the claims.
To date, more than 128,000 people have died in the United Kingdom from Covid-19 -- the highest death toll in Europe. One of the biggest early failures of the UK's response to Covid-19 was in building a test-and-trace system. The British government has also been criticized for neglecting care homes, allowing many facilities to go without sufficient PPE, testing and clear guidelines.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/26/uk/uk-health-secretary-matt-hancock-resigns-gbr-intl/index.html

The intention of joining politics in a sane country was service to humanity...

No wonder little thing you see them they withdrew n go home in peace.

But in Black land the die there cos their intention was to steal, kill n even rape...

They die there even if theirs an allegation of kiing millions before they assume office ..

Black land is Black
Re: Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal by Ashirioluwa: 9:43pm On Jun 26, 2021
Resignation is not in our politicians dictionaries. Those devil-like creatures will never resigned.

Dollar Ganduje will be in jail in a normal society

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Trump Develops Fever, Flown To Walter Reed Hospital / Aso Ebi For Biden/Harris Inauguration From Africa (Video) / Australia Welcomes 2021 With Sydney Fireworks Display

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.