Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone (2610 Views)

10 Photos That Will Make You Fall In Love Again / Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? / Can You Fall In Love Online/fb With Someone You've Never Met? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by beejaei: 8:36pm On May 08, 2011
Okay as many of you know, I am surrounded with dumb bimbos and sexually-starved akatas. I have come to cherish the intangibles in a potential partner. Things like having a good brain and a good heart now mean more to me than ever. I see some people exhibit these qualities on NL but I do not know if I will be physically attracted to them. But I am totally in love with the idea of a smart and kind woman that I just fall in love with certain online personalities. It is just crazy. I actually org.asm to the thought of a smart and kind woman. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it ok? Should I date a smart and kind woman even if I do not find her physically attractive?
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by BABE3: 9:11pm On May 08, 2011
beejaei:

Okay as many of you know, I am surrounded with dumb bimbos and sexually-starved akatas. I have come to cherish the intangibles in a potential partner. Things like having a good brain and a good heart now mean more to me than ever. I see some people exhibit these qualities on NL but I do not know if I will be physically attracted to them. But I am totally in love with the idea of a smart and kind woman that I just fall in love with certain online personalities. It is just crazy. I actually org.asm to the thought of a smart and kind woman. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it ok? Should I date a smart and kind woman even if I do not find her physically attractive?

First of all, that's a dumb question for us: You should know what's best for yourself.

Secondly, Is there a particular woman(e) on NL, you're talking about?

Thirdly, You orga.sm to a thought of a smart woman? Without masturb-ting or non' like that? hmmm-that's serious o--weirdo!

Lastly, Falling in love with an online personality is not-so-smart! Anybody can create a facade online to trick people, or cover-up something. So, nuff said!
smiley
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 08, 2011
I don't see anything wrong with falling in love with the idea of someone. I happen to be a personlity/mind person myself, so I understand from where you're coming. I wouldn't take it to the next level and try to get with this person if you don't think you can love her in her entirety though. Whomever it is though, you should talk to her. I'm sure you've only seen a few pictures of this person anyway? Sometimes photos do no justice for people. Get to know her more first, and as a friendship develops, I'm sure you'll get to see and know more of her. Nothing wrong in that.

Do report back, too. I'd love to hear another NL love story grin lol.
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by Busybody2(f): 10:21pm On May 08, 2011
Hmmn, many-a-man have married a woman just because they liked her dimple when she smiled, now who was the wise person that said this lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by beejaei: 12:30am On May 09, 2011
First of all, that's a dumb question for us: You should know what's best for yourself.

Secondly, Is there a particular woman(e) on NL, you're talking about?

Thirdly, You orga.sm to a thought of a smart woman? Without masturb-ting or non' like that? hmmm-that's serious o--weirdo!

Lastly, Falling in love with an online personality is not-so-smart! Anybody can create a facade online to trick people, or cover-up something. So, nuff said!

BABE!, na me u dey say ask dumb question? As to your second question, are you badly praying that you are the one? And orga.sming to the thought of a smart woman is not weird. In fact it is very deep.

\
@others

I will report as the matter progresses.

@ogugua88

Is it necessary to love the person's entirety. Can I not just take the person for who he or she is although i do not like some things about the person?
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by BABE3: 12:33am On May 09, 2011
beejaei:

BABE!, na me u dey say ask dumb question? As to your second question, are you badly praying that you are the one? And orga.sming to the thought of a smart woman is not weird. In fact it is very deep.

\

**straight face**
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by Nobody: 1:02am On May 09, 2011
beejaei:
@ogugua88

Is it necessary to love the person's entirety. Can I not just take the person for who he or she is although i do not like some things about the person?

It is in your best interest that you love someone entirely before getting serious with him or her. That's my opinion. As humans, we tend to ignore what we love but can always recall what we don't love. Those few things you may not like in her, such as not being attracted to her physically, may and probably will stick out like an eyesore with time, and you may not be able to overcome it.
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by beejaei: 1:06am On May 09, 2011
@BABE!

I will take that as a "yes." Unfortaunately, you are not the one. I can make space for you in the future though. cool cool cool cool
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by bikokwe(m): 1:09am On May 09, 2011
why online love?
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by BABE3: 1:15am On May 09, 2011
beejaei:

@BABE!

I will take that as a "yes." Unfortaunately, you are not the one. I can make space for you in the future though.  cool cool cool cool

OH SHUT UP!!!! Eru yin la n so ni!
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by beejaei: 1:15am On May 09, 2011
^^^^^

Because ze person is smart and kind.

@bibokwe
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by Jenifa1: 1:15am On May 09, 2011
beejaei:

yes you can fall in love with the idea of someone but that would be a very unfulfilling relationship. it's called limerance or crush. not really the best kind of love

for you, you should cultivate a friendship with a smart and kind woman and over time, if it's meant to be, you will grow to appreciate her physical appearance or at least the appearance won't matter anymore.
true talk that happened to me.

do this in real life. definitely not online  lipsrsealed
one way is to stop surrounding yourself with the wrong people and start surrounding yourself with the right people
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by beejaei: 1:16am On May 09, 2011
@BABE!

You berra stop playing hard-to-get or I will move on right away. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by bikokwe(m): 1:22am On May 09, 2011
Someone Uve not met is already Smart n kind cuz of comments?
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by Nobody: 1:25am On May 09, 2011
Why not? It's more than possible. The same way someone can verbally express himself or herself in person, they can do while typing. Do intelligence and kindness exude only through physical interactions?
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by bikokwe(m): 1:30am On May 09, 2011
well people differ i dnt think i can fall 4 dat.True talk so watz wrong with all d ones u see on daily basis
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by Nobody: 1:32am On May 09, 2011
This isn't about me lol. OP is the one asking questions.
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by shyone1: 3:06am On May 09, 2011
Jenifa_:

for you, you should[b] cultivate a friendship with a smart and kind woman and over time, if it's meant to be, you will grow to appreciate her physical appearance or at least the appearance won't matter anymore[/b].
true talk that happened to me.

ogugua88:

Why not? It's more than possible. The same way someone can verbally express himself or herself in person, they can do while typing. Do intelligence and kindness exude only through physical interactions?

COMPLETE TRUTH SPOKEN ABOVE
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by beejaei: 3:18am On May 09, 2011
@bibokwe

I live among bimbos and the sex-starved.
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by Jenifa1: 3:34am On May 09, 2011
beejaei:

@bibokwe

I live among bimbos and  the sex-starved.

like they say, birds of d same feathers flock together.
i'm starting to question if you deserve a kind and smart woman going by my interactions with you so far. joking

but seriously, why not [b]move out [/b]from among bimbos and the sex-starved?
Re: Can You Fall In Love With The Idea Of Someone by beejaei: 4:24am On May 09, 2011
I have one more year to be here, then I will come to where you are. cool cool cool cool

I know you want me badly.

(1) (Reply)

Can One Be Inlove With Someone And Still Feel Bored Around Him/her? / Who Have U Got A Crush On? (mine Is Really Funny!) / HELP!! Dont Know The Step To Take

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.