Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption (5428 Views)

Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. / Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Secure Nigeria, Fight Corruption - Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by toluxa1(m): 3:05pm On May 10, 2011
TWO VERSES:

", A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house." - MARK 6:4

"He is the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone." - ACTS 4:11
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Gekko(m): 3:34pm On May 10, 2011
Best wishes to the Mallam, cant really blame him for taking flight after all you cant expect him to work with a president that's jonesing with Otedola in Obudu ranch as we speak.

As charlie sheen would say "Keep Winning" Mallam!
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by BabaEleko(m): 3:35pm On May 10, 2011
NigerIA is becoming a failed state day by day.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by BigB11(m): 3:56pm On May 10, 2011
This is another confirmation that Ribadu doesn't give a sh1t about Nigeria or Nigerians. He cares about nothing but himself; all he wants more than anything else is power (relevance).
He lost presidential election not even 3 weeks ago and he has already started a new position in another country> Can you see anything wrong with this selfish move? And if you ask him any question, he is so quick to elaborate how much he loves power Nigeria.
Trust me, Ribadu is no Sarowiwa or Gani Faw and he can never be one of these 2 great Nigerians.

Anyway, I wish him the best and hope he stays there forever.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Pataki: 4:35pm On May 10, 2011
Big B1:

This is another confirmation that Ribadu doesn't give a sh1t about Nigeria or Nigerians. He cares about nothing but himself; all he wants more than anything else is power (relevance).
He lost presidential election not even 3 weeks ago and he has already started a new position in another country> Can you see anything wrong with this selfish move? And if you ask him any question, he is so quick to elaborate how much he loves power Nigeria.
Trust me, Ribadu is no Sarowiwa or Gani Faw and he can never be one of these 2 great Nigerians.

Anyway, I wish him the best and hope he stays there forever.
I disagree strongly with you.

Everyone who relocates out of Nigeria has a reason for it. Ribadu has his reasons for picking up this job position. It might be selfish, but heck, who is not selfish in Nigeria?! Everyone seeks for their own personal development. Would you call Okonjo-Iweala another selfish person?

All I would not expect of Ribadu is for him to come back in 2015 and be telling us: ''he has been in active Nigerian politics for 25 years or whatever years.''

I strongly wish him all the best in this new career position he has. At least, he is another Nigerian making us proud within the international community.

Unlike the useless bunch of PDP leaders we have been having in Nigeria.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by BigB11(m): 5:10pm On May 10, 2011
Pataki
I see your point, but i disagree. I would have agreed with you if Ribadu was another average Nigerian.
Looking @ Ribadu's track record, noise making technique and enormous level of his shakara in general, taking a job in another country in less than 3 weeks after he lost a presidential election was the last thing one should be expecting from this dude.
This quick move by Ribadu shows nothing but the level of his thinking and patriotism; its a complete indication that Ribadu never cared about this country from day 1.

I mean, this dude was just on the TV debating the best way to move this country forward and all of a sudden he has taken a new job in another country. Which means he had a plan B all along, no wonder why he mostly spoke with both sides of his mouth thru out the presidential campaign.
The truth is, you can never give all you got to plan A if plan B is lingering on your mind. Ribadu should have stepped aside and allowed someone else who was more promising and focused to carry AC N presidential flag while he pursued his ambition in Afghanstan. May be someone better than uncle Jonathan would have won the election.

Trust me, Ribadu isn't Sarowiwa, or Gani or Obama and he can never be, even if he takes another position in Libya.
He is not only a selfish human being, but also a hopeless coward.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by BigB11(m): 5:21pm On May 10, 2011
I still think Fola Adeola would have given a better fight than the fake one this dude, called Ribadu displayed. May be we should now call him Sugar Shane Mosley (it's all about me and what I want to eat, F@ck the fans)
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by TippyTop(m): 6:48pm On May 10, 2011
A prophet is never recognised at home Nigeria's loss is Afghanistan's gain
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by KA24DETT(m): 5:41am On May 11, 2011
Big B1:

I still think Fola Adeola would have given a better fight than the fake one this dude, called Ribadu displayed. May be we should now call him Sugar Shane Mosley (it's all about me and what I want to eat, F@ck the fans)

WTF do u want him to do,,, run to an election trubunal,,,wtf is wrong with u people, some people dont see election as a do or die affair like what ur politicians see it as. He lost and moved on, thats what it is, U all didnt want his services so he went to where his service is required,

Nobody has done a better job in EFCC than him. U need to reason before u say something, stop being a fool.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Gbawe: 6:38am On May 11, 2011
KA24DETT:

WTF do u want him to do,,, run  to an election trubunal,,,wtf is wrong with u people,  some people dont see election as a do or die affair like what your politicians see it as. He lost and moved on, thats what it is,  U all didnt want his services so he went to where his service is required,

Nobody has done a better job in EFCC than him. U need to reason before u say something,  stop being  a fool.

The guy is just an irredeemable hater - pure and simple. He supports IBB passionately yet hates Ribadu vehemently. How does that make sense to any Nigerian who is sane ? He should show us all the organisations (home and abroad) 'fighting' to secure IBB's assistance before he maligns a man who lost an election and has now taken up an important job with the UN that impacts on human lives positively whereas his own idol (IBB) only knows how to treacherously destroy the lives of others (Abiola et al). He says Ribadu is "selfish" for taking up a UN assignment yet he will be the first to accuse Ribadu of "treachery" and "deceit" if the former EFCC boss has accepted a job from Jonathan or began grovelling for a federal appointment as we see many of our current politicians doing shamelessly !!! 

The likes of IBB never do anything positive for humanity and I find it rich that his fans can criticise a man of Ribadu's standing so passionately. Extreme and warped myopia if you ask me. Rather than lobby IBB  to use his vast wealth to benefit even his local ward this fellow  is here consistently casting aspersion on the character of a man who is on the right path of development as a human being that marks him out as extremely different from the "evil genius" and cynical self-aggrandizing hedonist IBB is. Even if Ribadu fails at politics Nigerians can still be proud of him for his activities away from politics , and even benefit from his international standing and reputation, because he is someone who strive to be above average. Kofi Annan is no politician yet Ghanaians are proud of him.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Gbawe: 6:48am On May 11, 2011
Tippy Top:

A prophet is never recognised at home Nigeria's loss is Afghanistan's gain

Indeed. In a land where very few are genuinely principled , I wonder how some can have a problem with what Ribadu has done now. I would have had a problem if , straightaway, and like all the other desperado, Ribadu begins to ingratiate himself to GEJ merely because he wants to 'eat' . Instead the man chose the path of dignity in falling back on his core area of expertise to put food on the table for his family. How many Nigerians who participated in politics , aside the likes of Okonjo-Iweala, have done that or are even willing to do that ? Many would be busy kissing GEJ butt right now !!!!

There is no indication Ribadu will not be back playing politics in future. We can see he is already maturing with how he never made "do or die" noise and did not malign anybody. He did not heat up the polity which is what sensible politicians should do i.e only talk later when things have calmed down . He has not accused GEJ of election rigging . He kept his opinion to himself as per the election Instead he quietly took up his UN assignment without fanfare. I really don't know how Ribadu could have behaved more exemplary given what we have always seen from our politicians who have no dignity or pride.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by oyewolejos(m): 7:00am On May 11, 2011
Gbawe:

Indeed. In a land where very few are genuinely principled , I wonder how some can have a problem with what Ribadu has done now. I would have had a problem if , straightaway, and like all the other desperado, Ribadu begins to ingratiate himself to GEJ merely because he wants to 'eat' . Instead the man chose the path of dignity in falling back on his core area of expertise to put food on the table for his family. How many Nigerians who participated in politics , aside the likes of Okonjo-Iweala, have done that or are even willing to do that ? Many would be busy kissing GEJ butt right now !!!!

There is no indication Ribadu will not be back playing politics in future. We can see he is already maturing with how he never made "do or die" noise and did not malign anybody. He did not heat up the polity which is what sensible politicians should do i.e only talk later when things have calmed down . He has not accused GEJ of election rigging . He kept his opinion to himself as per the election Instead he quietly took up his UN assignment without fanfare. I really don't know how Ribadu could have behaved more exemplary given what we have always seen from our politicians who have no dignity or pride.

Unlike Bakare who used his mouth to run down the alliance. I commend Ribadu for taking a bow when the ovation was loud. Those who run away to fight today, they live to fight in 2015 God's willing.
Ribadu Again in 2015.
All my sanga Nigga$ that believe he can should drop a line
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by efisher(m): 9:29am On May 11, 2011
Ribadu has done well. He has proven once again that he is not a local champion. We should celebrate him.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by kabarka(m): 11:35am On May 11, 2011
efisher:

Ribadu has done well. He has proven once again that he is not a local champion. We should celebrate him.

This is the spirit expected of every nigerian concerning this man.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 11, 2011
Ribadu is of no use to the world. After his political stint in the ACN and a brief romance with tinubu, he now wants to continue his fight against corruption?
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Rossikk(m): 12:32pm On May 11, 2011
Gen Buhari wrote

I wish him the best.

This a job that would put food on the table.

I hope he stays safe - Afghanistan is a war zone.

We should be asking ourselves, if UN is providing Afghanistan an Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee what of Nigeria?

There is nowhere NIgeria is not the most corrupt country in the world - even simple elections could not be held with out rigging.

Corruption cannot even allow us to have constant electricity - I can bet you that 95% of those countries supposedly more corrupt than NIgeria, are able to at least provide electricity and clean water for their population.

You can bet because you are a brain-dead Almajiri with rocks for brains. You think you're talking to your fellow Almajiri unschooled vagabonds? Why don't you post all the countries listed as worse than Nigeria in corruption so we can CHECK them out and see if they all provide ''electricity and drinking water'' for all their people. By the way, when last did you - Almajiri - investigate the UN stats on availability of drinking water in Nigeria? Or were you too busy hating Nigeria and looking for who to slaughter in cold blood for being a southerner or christian to care about facts and figures?
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by kabarka(m): 12:56pm On May 11, 2011
J12:

Ribadu is of no use to the world. After his political stint in the ACN and a brief romance with tinubu, he now wants to continue his fight against corruption?

Is this what you think?
You call it ''stint''.
Do you think he has failed for not clinching the presidency @ the first attempt?
Let me tell you i did not vote for ribadu BUT I APPRECIATE AND RESPECT HIM COME TOMORROW.
You amaze me J12.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 11, 2011
@Rossikk
Do not make a fool of yourself.

Why are you upset?

Is it  untrue that  Nigeria  cannot  provide adequate clean drinking water and constant electricity for it population?

Or is it because you believe that the countries ranked to be more corrupt than Nigeria,  are also unable to provide clean water and adequate electricity for their populace?

Which is it? undecided

If you have the proof that my statement is untrue, then posting the link would have been a more mature response than spewiing out senseless insults. 

By the way I am a proud igbo man and your tirade appeared so bigotted, that it could seem to some observers that you are no better than the group of  people you were trying to insult.

Do not ever disrespect me again.

Nonesense angry

Rossikk:

Gen Buhari wrote

You can bet because you are a brain-dead Almajiri with rocks for brains. You think you're talking to your fellow Almajiri unschooled vagabonds? Why don't you post all the countries listed as worse than Nigeria in corruption so we can CHECK them out and see if they all provide ''electricity and drinking water'' for all their people. By the way, when last did you - Almajiri - investigate the UN stats on availability of drinking water in Nigeria? Or were you too busy hating Nigeria and looking for who to slaughter in cold blood for being a southerner or christian to care about facts and figures?
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Gbawe: 1:38pm On May 11, 2011
J12:

Why do some of you talk as if you are full of bitterness and bellicosity ? Is it you the UN approached with a job offer or Ribadu? Is it good , even for your own personal development, that you let emotion cloud your reasoning to this extent simply because you don't like Ribadu ? Look , Ribadu is in a different class internationally to many of the garbage folks worship in Nigeria. When even IBB fans can malign Ribadu we know that our Nation is full of highly irrational folks. Next time simply say Ribadu is of no use to you rather than inanely claim he "is of no use to the World". I don't know whether you think the UN hire just anybody to sensitive positions that impacts on the development of sovereign nations.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 11, 2011
kabarka:

Is this what you think?
You call it ''stint''.
Do you think he has failed for not clinching the presidency @ the first attempt?
Let me tell you i did not vote for ribadu BUT I APPRECIATE AND RESPECT HIM COME TOMORROW.
You amaze me J12.

Well, I don't appreciate or respect Ribadu. He has enmeshed himself in the corrupt ocean of Nigerian politics. His anti corruption campaign during his tenure at the EFCC was of very little value to the country. He has nothing valuable to offer.
That is what I think.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by seunlayi(m): 9:43am On May 12, 2011
Hop he can prove himself over their. Goodluck Ribadu
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by profibro(m): 12:47pm On May 16, 2011
Glad to know he will not be sitting around doing little like a certain Mr Buhari. Going to Afghanistan - a renowned battle zone - shows his selflessness and readiness to serve.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 16, 2011
Anything Buhari does or doesn't do, some corruption lover would criticize . chei!! angry
profibro:

Glad to know he will not be sitting around doing little like a certain Mr Buhari. Going to Afghanistan - a renowned battle zone - shows his selflessness and readiness to serve.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suicide Bombers Are Influenced by Drugs / Panic At Pdp Secretariat Over Explosion / Most Populous Cities In Nigeria 2015- TMTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.