Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

"Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" (22946 Views)

I'll Like To Change My Tribe To Yoruba- Veteran Actor, Larry Koldsweat / Igbo Is The Most Popular Ethnic Group Outside Nigeria / Translate To Yoruba. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by BABE3: 8:04am On May 10, 2011
LeoMax:

Why do Yoruba people cook in front of their house and wash plates there even if they live in a 20 bedroom mansion ?

Ibos happen to be the most comfortable set of Nigerians, why do they love money more than their mothers ?

PLS CAN EVERYONE DO ME AND THEMSELVES A FAVOR BY IGNORING THE ABOVE COMMENT?! PLS!?

THANK YOU!
grin
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by CIMTHOG: 8:08am On May 10, 2011
This was meant to be an educative/corrective post by our brother/sister JustCash, but has unfortunately turned out in large to be a showing of our innate tribal antagonisms.
It is rather disheartening and shameful that at this level (i want to believe that for we NLers that post/comment regularly) we condescend to shallow places and we say we're One Nigeria.
These inherent tribal friction is the major reason why this great nation is struggling and can't develop at the rate it's supposed to.  angry  embarassed  cry  sad
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by BABE3: 8:09am On May 10, 2011
CIMTHOG:

This was meant to be an educative/corrective post by our brother/sister JustCash, but has unfortunately turned out in large to be a showing of our innate tribal antagonisms.
It is rather disheartening and shameful that at this level (i want to believe that for we NLers that post/comment regularly) we condescend to shallow places and we say we're One Nigeria.
These inherent tribal friction is the major reason why this great nation is struggling and can't develop at the rate it's supposed to.  angry  embarassed  cry  sad

Eyyaaa-- Pele. E go better! Shair up! wink
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 8:14am On May 10, 2011
CIMTHOG:

Like seanet02 use to say,it sucks to be ibo.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 8:18am On May 10, 2011
[img]http://"[/img]
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 8:29am On May 10, 2011
Why do Yoruba people look older at a tender age ? Is it because they shout too much ?

Why do ibo people boast so much about material things, it is because an average ibo man was born poor ?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by deniyor: 8:32am On May 10, 2011
omo ibo wassup?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by OlokoNla1(m): 8:32am On May 10, 2011
I am so in 100 percent with you. Yorooba folks on NL can be quite disrespectful.

Ass-oole! i reckon Ibo's understand the concept of respect ya?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by OlokoNla1(m): 8:34am On May 10, 2011
Ibo's generally suck! totally unexposed set of bigoted backward illiterates!
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 8:36am On May 10, 2011
Enough of this bullshit about "respect". Respect is not demanded, it is earned.  These divide amongst the Yorubas and ibos is why we have Nollywood and Yorobawood, running movies in Nigeria.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by BABE3: 8:39am On May 10, 2011
@ Oloko- Nla: That your username get serious asibi!

@all: haba, why the unecceassry hating? It's not making sense anymore. undecided
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by BABE3: 8:42am On May 10, 2011
LeoMax:

Enough of this bullshit about "respect". Respect is not demanded, it is earned.  These divide amongst the Yorubas and ibos is why we have Nollywood and Yorobawood, running movies in Nigeria.

See this one o! Who had been the one Buulshiting in their posts? Is it not you?. Thank God you were ignored! tongue

And pls what the french is Yorubawood? You made up that name yourself, hope you know-- undecided
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Felibaby(f): 8:44am On May 10, 2011
To start with, what does it matter if you are called ibo or yorooba or awusa as long as you know what the person saying it is refering to.
Its annoying to know what some people like the posters and all others that are spewing rubbish here found to be offensive.
The poster is just a senseless idiot showing how tribalistic  and immatured he is.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by chamber2(m): 8:51am On May 10, 2011
To start with, what does it matter if you are called ibo or yorooba or awusa as long as you know what the person saying it is refering to.
Its annoying to know what some people like the posters and all others that are spewing rubbish here found to be offensive.
The poster is just a senseless showing how tribalistic and immatured he is.

If it doesn't matter to you,it matters to me.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by firestar(f): 8:51am On May 10, 2011
So.  .  .
This is an equation.  "Igbo" is to "Yoruba" as "Ibo" is to "Yorooba".
Right?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by firestar(f): 8:54am On May 10, 2011
Huh.
undecided
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 8:59am On May 10, 2011
You know it will take absolutely nothing away from the anti-Igbo people here to be decent enough to simply spell Igbo the correct way. If you didn't know that you used to pronounce and spell it wrongly, you should know now and simply correct yourselves. You will totally lose nothing by doing that. Behaving like motor park touts is not a way to show supremacy. Believe me, it is totally not.

A careful and independent observer will really envy Igbos for generating so much hatred from people that claim to be superior.

You all keep saying that it sucks to be Igbo, at the same time you dedicate time and effort to discredit Igbos. Lots of effort. If you were better, why would you want to discredit someone that you claim to be better than? It goes to show who is really superior.
No wonder Igbos just read and smile, because they know say they pass una wey dey insult them here by far.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by legba1(m): 9:00am On May 10, 2011
Its really unfortunate.are you lot the naija LEADERS of tommorrow?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by BABE3: 9:04am On May 10, 2011
legba1:

Its really unfortunate.are you lot the naija LEADERS of tommorrow?

lmao--- Yes we are! Wetin happen?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by chamber2(m): 9:07am On May 10, 2011
You will totally lose nothing by doing that. Behaving like motor park touts is not a way to show supremacy. Believe me, it is totally not.

That is exactly what they are, both male and female.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 9:07am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

You know it will take absolutely nothing away from the anti-Igbo people here to be decent enough to simply spell Igbo the correct way. If you didn't know that you used to pronounce and spell it wrongly, you should know now and simply correct yourselves. You will totally lose nothing by doing that. Behaving like motor park touts is not a way to show supremacy. Believe me, it is totally not.

A careful and independent observer will really envy Igbos for generating so much hatred from people that claim to be superior.

You all keep saying that it sucks to be Igbo, at the same time you dedicate time and effort to discredit Igbos. Lots of effort. If you were better, why would you want to discredit someone that you claim to be better than? It goes to show who is really superior.
No wonder Igbos just read and smile, because they know say they pass una wey dey insult them here by far.

The same time and effort you put into Yoruba threads with unnecessary insults? We, in the politic section know the purpose of this thread before it was moved to cultural section.

You'd be the same one that would  say Yorubas are irrelevant, yet relevant enough to create threads for their sake.

You were simply in the free for all insult Yorubas spirit you and your minions were in this weekend abi? Posting anti-Yoruba threads up and down the politic section.

Nonsensical inyamiri.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 9:10am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

You know it will take absolutely nothing away from the anti-Igbo people here to be decent enough to simply spell Igbo the correct way.  [/b]
If we are anti-Ibo, why would we want to correct ourselves? I don't see the Yorubas complaining about folks calling them Yoroobas; do you know why? They have better shiit to do! You want respect my dear Biafran, then you have to earn it. grin
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 9:12am On May 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

The same time and effort you put into Yoruba threads with unnecessary insults? We, in the politic section know the purpose of this thread before it was moved to cultural section.

You'd be the same one that would  say Yorubas are irrelevant, yet relevant enough to create threads for their sake.

You were simply in the free for all insult Yorubas spirit you and your minions were in this weekend abi? Posting anti-Yoruba threads up and down the politic section.

Nonsensical inyamiri.

Hey, You keep your rant to your bloody self. Where did you see me insult your people? If you have any evidence, show it. You don't think before you talk. Primitive Yoruba.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by BABE3: 9:16am On May 10, 2011
@ Justwise, Chamber2 and everybody supporting the change: I have a fast and effective solution for you guys's problem.

Start by writing a letter(s) to WAEC, NECO, JAMB---e.t.c, that a national correction needs to be made! Tell them to start deducting huge marks from students that write "IBO" instead of "IGBO" in their exams!  cheesy

Trust me, from there, the news will spread. NTA and AIT will "carry" the news about the new development. wink

NL is not the way to go guys!

Don't thank me, thank God. smiley wink
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 9:16am On May 10, 2011
[size=18pt]Ibo Kwenu, Awusa Kwenu, Yorooba Kwenu. Nigeria Kwenu, Biafra double-Kwenu.[/size]
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 9:18am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

Hey, You keep your rant to your bloody self. Where did you see me insult your people? If you have any evidence, show it. You don't think before you talk. Primitive Yoruba.

You're very stu-pid, you must think I have the same  time you had to create this thread to dig up your post. You want to say you havent piled insult on the Yorubas? Esp the lack of respect for traditional tribal mark that you even posted on the first page? Or on the thread I was forced to show your place?

Who doesnt know "Yoruba" is a Igbo word for Yoruba? Unfortunately, we dont cry about it as you do for "Ibo".

You imbe-ciles will come on Yoruba threads insulting yorubas, even piling the politic section with Yoruba hating threads, then you get the attention you seek, you cry wolf.  "Oh the Yorubas are jelos" "Oh the Yorubas hate us" "Oh the Yoruba. . . .".  Why go into a burning kitchen? If you cant make the dish, step out of the kitchen and stop whinning for gosh sake.

Useless Inyamiri.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 9:19am On May 10, 2011
omo_to_dun:

If we are anti-Ibo, why would we want to correct ourselves? I don't see the Yorubas complaining about folks calling them Yoroobas; do you know why? They have better shiit to do! You want respect my dear Biafran, then you have to earn it. grin

And you think that I need to waste my time on an anti-Igbo Yoroobatic tout like you? LMAO! Nah. See who's talking of respect. Hahahahahahaha! Talking to you will mean descending too low from my level. Last response to you.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 9:20am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

And you think that I need to waste my time on an anti-Igbo Yoroobatic tout like you? LMAO! Nah. See who's talking of respect. Hahahahahahaha! Talking to you will mean descending too low from my level. Last response to you.

Dude is not even Yoruba. See your self.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by bisiaet: 9:21am On May 10, 2011
What is the issue about all these rant and blablabla spelling and mispelling saga to heat up the house again for goodness sake?

Why cant guys just for once stay out of all this stuffs of unecessary verbal confrontation on this site?

I cant really understand what is the problem of so many people are if Yoruba called "Igbo" as "Ibo" this to me is not sign of disrespect in anyway my parent are from the East based in South west many of my family and friends still pronounce "Yoruba" as "Yoruba" and the Yorubas are not angry or complaning about it or see it as sign of disrespect I dont know why my fellow Igbo man picking offence in this issue. Guys we need to understand ourselves and get it to our head that every tribe has its own way of tongue and pronounciation and let stop all these nasty sentiments.

As I often say it really baffles me all the time why we Igbo just like picking on Yoruba people at all time. Sorry to say this, these people has done us no wrong infact they should be our best friend because they are the most accomodating tribe in the whole Nigeria and these people are the only tribe a stranger from other tribe could live among them and they will not complain or treated you as stranger this is just the honest truth I know many will be upset by this fact BUT to me they are just the best tribe aside my own tribe Igbo that I can relate with without any issue or problem sometime I do tell my Igbo friends complaning about this people who has NOT done us any evil is this not sign of complexity on our side?, because to me these people are good to be honest Iam proud to say this about the Yoruba's. No apology for all I said and please no one should get offended as well its just a fact. God bless.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 9:24am On May 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You're very stu-pid, you must think I have the same  time you had to create this thread to dig up your post. You want to say you havent piled insult on the Yorubas? Esp the lack of respect for traditional tribal mark that you even posted on the first page? Or on the thread I was forced to show your place?

Who doesnt know "Yoruba" is a Igbo word for Yoruba? Unfortunately, we dont cry about it as you do for "Ibo".

You imbe-ciles will come on Yoruba threads insulting yorubas, even piling the politic section with Yoruba hating threads, then you get the attention you seek, you cry wolf.  "Oh the Yorubas are jelos" "Oh the Yorubas hate us" "Oh the Yoruba. . . .".  Why go into a burning kitchen? If you cant make the dish, step out of the kitchen and stop whinning for gosh sake.

Useless Inyamiri.

Stop biting yourself. I don't insult Yoroobas. If you really do have an evidence, present it. I am too decent to do that.
I face morons like you on a personal basis. You should feel privileged that I decide to face you at my spare times. Facing you does not mean insulting your tribe as you do to my tribe. Get some rest before you slump out of high blood pressure.
Okay Yoruba is for Yoruba, what is Inyamiri? Hypocrite. SMH.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 9:25am On May 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Dude is not even Yoruba. See your self.

Then just subtract the "Yoroobatic". My post remains the same.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by BABE3: 9:26am On May 10, 2011
bisiaet:

What is the issue about all these rant and blablabla spelling and mispelling saga to heat up the house again for goodness sake?

Why cant guys just for once stay out of all this stuffs of unecessary verbal confrontation on this site?

I cant really understand what is the problem of so many people are if Yoruba called "Igbo" as "Ibo" this to me is not sign of disrespect in anyway my parent are from the East based in South west many of my family and friends still pronounce "Yoruba" as "Yoruba" and the Yorubas are not angry or complaning about it or see it as sign of disrespect I dont know why my fellow Igbo man picking offence in this issue.

omo_to_dun:

GBAM!!!!!!! Watsup with that though? Why aren't we vexing!? We ain't vexing because its a non factor! Like I said, there're better and bigger issues to be dealt with.  undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Igbos Are Truely One Of The Original Jews! / Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead / Alafin's Supernatural Power Over Other Oba's In Yorubaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.