Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

"Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" (23006 Views)

I'll Like To Change My Tribe To Yoruba- Veteran Actor, Larry Koldsweat / Igbo Is The Most Popular Ethnic Group Outside Nigeria / Translate To Yoruba. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 10:26am On May 09, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Stop lying. . . i have couple of ibo friends and I have never hear them say anything ''Igbo".All I hear is ibo. .

You just wrote Igbo. Did your Yorooba hand itch you? You know the proper way to call it. You just don't want to call us that way because of some reasons best known to you. So, it is your choice. All I know is that if You call me Ibo, I'll call you Yorooba, God no go vex.
About your Igbo friends, I bet you will also jump into hell fire if they do. From your opinion, you do it because they do it. I also have Yorooba friends that call Yoruba "Yurba". I bet I should imitate them.

1 Like

Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 11:29am On May 09, 2011
Justcash:

You just wrote Igbo. Did your Yorooba hand itch you? You know the proper way to call it. You just don't want to call us that way because of some reasons best known to you. So, it is your choice. All I know is that if You call me Ibo, I'll call you Yorooba, God no go vex.
About your Igbo friends, I bet you will also jump into hell fire if they do. From your opinion, you do it because they do it. I also have Yorooba friends that call Yoruba "Yurba". I bet I should imitate them.

Stop stressing this issue. . .It's IBO to every yoruba man.take it or leave it.Omo nna.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 1:02pm On May 09, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Stop stressing this issue. . .It's IBO to every yoruba man.take it or leave it.Omo nna.

No, you are wrong my Yorooba friend. You are wrong.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by 12large1: 4:56am On May 10, 2011
damm sefago mehn i miss those my beautiful stinking Yorubas gurls chai i remember titi number 1 that gurl had confirm mark 11 in her face, smelling like a good pig everytime chai but the sweet thing about her be say her nyash big, tope wow i loved that one she's from ondo state the head quaters of chopping dogs anytime i need dog meat na tope i dey hala i love me some mbati mbati yorooooba gurls to the fullest
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by InkedNerd(f): 5:14am On May 10, 2011
@OP: I like your thread wink
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Ifygurl: 5:45am On May 10, 2011
I do not think it's out of spite ( well ppl in real life,  IDK about NL though).  People spell words the way they pronounce the words.  Most of my nigerian friends(yoruba, edo, isoko, etc) pronounce "igbo" as "ibo" and almost all of them write it the same way they pronounce it.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by bkbabe97y(m): 5:47am On May 10, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

@OP: I like your thread wink

Show ur ti*tties or shut the hell up! angry
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by bkbabe97y(m): 5:49am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

Now, from whose mouth did the "Homo" word come out from? BK Male/Babe 97y. I am totally not surprised.
Yorooba people must be very unfortunate to have a bigoted Akata Ga'y' Mofo claiming to be one of them. V'aga'bond grin grin grin grin grin grin

Even thru the internet u sound so uncouth and brash as all hell. . . . I bet u ugly as fxcuk too!

1 Like

Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by OgidiBoy(m): 5:49am On May 10, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Show your ti*tties or shut the hell up! angry

Why are you such a perv grin grin grin grin
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 5:50am On May 10, 2011
[size=15pt]Ibo Kwenu[/size]. Chei, na because of ordinary Igbo or no Igbo na him one man-pikin declare war on the Yorubas. Once again, [size=15pt]Ibo Kwenu. Awusa Kwenu. Yorooba Kwenu[/size]!  grin Only children get mad at stuff like this.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by bkbabe97y(m): 5:55am On May 10, 2011
OgidiBoy:

I'm not a perv, I just wanna see her ti*tties. . . . .
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by hugooh42(m): 5:58am On May 10, 2011
@ OP.A good thread.Spread the word and let the wise take corrections and the fools wallow in their folly.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by BABE3: 6:00am On May 10, 2011
omo_to_dun:

[size=15pt]Ibo Kwenu[/size]. Chei, na because of ordinary Igbo or no Igbo na him one man-pikin declare war on the Yorubas. Once again, [size=15pt]Ibo Kwenu. Awusa Kwenu. Yorooba Kwenu[/size]!  grin Only children get mad at stuff like this.

Emi o Kweenu o! I no won kweenu----lol

What's this thread all about?  undecided Irrelevant much!!
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by InkedNerd(f): 6:00am On May 10, 2011
omo_to_dun:

I don't think its childish. Would you want someone to call you outside of your name? I think all the OP wants if for people to be more aware that's all. I don't think he's trying to go on some verbal tirade.

OgidiBoy:

Please ask am o!! lipsrsealed

bk.babe97y:

Show your ti*tties or shut the hell up! angry

Do me a favor, take my .45 and shoot yourself between the legs grin

Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Jaideyone(m): 6:12am On May 10, 2011
this is the problem with Nigerians. We go about paying attention to unimportant things and ignore the important ones. Igbo or ibo i'll pronounce it anyhow i like and if u call me a Yoruba boy i won't feel offended.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 6:15am On May 10, 2011
^^^ um yes he was.

JustCash likes jabbing the Yorubas. No biggie, they jab back. This thread is a continuous fragment of his insulting posts in other threads.

We've been called Yerbia, Yorba, and many more to insult the Yorubas on politics.  grin
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 6:20am On May 10, 2011

@Inked_Nerd

Maybe it is because of the way that I am. I really wouldn't give a shiit. Some have called me Yorooba although I am Edo; I honestly do not mind. I believe we have much more important problems than this Ibo/Igbo, Awusa/Hausa, Yorooba/Yoruba non-issue. It doesn't take away anything from anyone. Nevertheless, the OP has a right to voice his opinion since people feel differently from one another.

@BABE

LOL@ emi o kwenu o. Babe, you are a trip.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by BABE3: 6:23am On May 10, 2011
omo_to_dun:

@BABE
LOL@ emi o kwenu o. Babe, you are a trip.

wink
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by dayokanu(m): 6:25am On May 10, 2011
Yurabu is actually better

Sai Yurabe
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 6:27am On May 10, 2011
Is it true that Ibo guys like smoking Igbó?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by BABE3: 6:28am On May 10, 2011
omo_to_dun:

Is it true that Ibo guys like smoking Igbó?

lol---You won cause trouble for here abi?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 6:31am On May 10, 2011
^
I couldn't help myself. Besides, trouble had already started before before I happened upon this thread.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by blackmale(m): 6:49am On May 10, 2011
@ topic, it doesnt make sense @ all, how long will you go correct the mistake?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by BABE3: 7:00am On May 10, 2011
blackmale:

@ topic, it doesnt make sense @ all, how long will you go correct the mistake?

Wetin you dey talk?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by bisotec(m): 7:00am On May 10, 2011
This is joblessness. Omo ajokuta ma mu omi. Ewa ise se
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 7:06am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

No, you are wrong my Yorooba friend. You are wrong.

Omo IBO. . .Take it easy.Go to Lagos and take a little survey;come back here and tell me you hear anything apart from ''IBO''.if you do,then I will stop using ''IBO''.But for now,it's ''IBO''
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by chamber2(m): 7:10am On May 10, 2011
I commend the poster for his effort and observation. I am Igbo but seem not to know the etymology of the word ''ibo''.I often make the mistake of saying ''Ibo'' instead of Igbo. It is good to make this correction to avoid it being a generational mistake. People are identified by their names, and when you lose your name you lose your identity.I pronounce and write both Hausa and Yoruba correctly though.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by UncleJJ(m): 7:13am On May 10, 2011
cool Nobody really cares tongue
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 7:16am On May 10, 2011
bisotec:

This is joblessness. Omo ajokuta ma mu omi. Ewa ise se

I use that one when I want to look for ezeagu's trouble.dude kinda find it more offensive than this ibo thingy.Awon omo eba o sofo.
lwkmd
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by blackmale(m): 7:17am On May 10, 2011
@ babe, i meant that, he doesnt need to be bothered about it, the mistake has been for long, so how how many pple does he want to tell this?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Mynd44: 7:18am On May 10, 2011
Another stupid thread by another joless nairalander with too much bandwidth on his hands

1 Like

Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by chamber2(m): 7:19am On May 10, 2011
Take it easy.Go to Lagos and take a little survey;come back here and tell me you hear anything apart from ''IBO''.if you do,then I will stop using

It's not about what people say rather what people feel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi With John Mahama In Ghana, Gets Lovely Art Gift On His Ghana Trip / Alafin's Supernatural Power Over Other Oba's In Yorubaland / DHA 2020: Ooni Of Ife Receives Imperial Royal Father Of The Year Awards In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.