Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,918 members, 7,852,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:32 PM

Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person (57062 Views)

Help Me Confirm If I Am HIV Positive / I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help / Can An HIV Negative Woman And Her HIV Positive Partner Conceive Naturally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2021
ukachy69:
U=U

Yeah. I know. My point is that undetectable viral load doesn't mean the person wouldn't be postive again on testing. I assumed that was what someone ( I think it was you) was trying to infer!
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Herbephe1(m): 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2021
CSTRR:
Pls what are these STDs? I am already vaccinated for hepatitis.
Which other STD apart from HIV should I be afraid of?

Pls where can I get vaccinated? public or private hospital??
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 03, 2021
murphyibiam15:

You have said it all at the emboldened that you're HIV positive, no wonder you're consoling your likes while dying a slow death in 2 years now you be dead. You're just a walking corpse

Ignoramuses like you don't know the meaning of the following:

Anti-retroviral...
Viral load...
CD4 count...
PReP...

All your dumb brain can process are rubbish like:

Bet9ja...
E choke...
Pepper dem...
Ment undecided
Sapa

So as you can see, we are not in the same class of life! I am not HIV Positive to he glory of God because I know my status but can't say same for a demented chicken like you who might be carrying the virus and will not stop at discriminating others who are suspected to even if it is a family member.

3 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by CSTRR: 6:03pm On Jul 03, 2021
Herbephe1:

Pls where can I get vaccinated? public or private hospital??
Go to public hospital, or go to NIMR, Yaba.
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2021
desoul2004:

Explain

Even if you have unprotected sex with someone that has HIV, there are factors that will determine if you get infected. It is not an automatic something

1. The infectivity of HIV for example is low as compared to hepatitis B virus (hbv) for example. It simply means that if you are exposed to both HIV and hbv, you are more than 50 times likely to contract hbv infection than HIV infection

2. The first few weeks after contracting HIV is the most infectious period. That is the period the virus is replicating very fast. So, if you have unprotected sex with someone who just contracted the virus few weeks ago, you are more likely to get the virus

2. If a person with HIV is compliant on his/her medications such that her viral load is very low or undetectable, such person can't transmit the virus to someone else.

3. If you have other STD like gonorrhea, herpes, syphilis, Chlamydia, etc , it increases your chances of getting HIV, the major reason being that these infections may cause sores in the genital area that may allow the virus to enter the body.

4. Men who are not circumcised are more likely to get hiv.

5. For those that engage in anal sex, the lady is more likely to contract hiv from an HIV infected guy than the guy contracting it from an HIV infected lady.

6. Once you have been exposed, you can take a medication (usually taken for a month) called post exposure prophylaxis that will make you not become infected. The earlier you start the medication, the better. Usually, not later than 72 hours after exposure.

PS: This is for enlightenment only. It should not take the place of consulting a Doctor neither doesn't in any way support unprotected sex or encourage living a sexually reckless life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by bizhop01: 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2021
So-called sexy girls out there are the major distributors

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Olisehinnocent: 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2021
That's nice idea. We are meeting tomorrow. I will do as u said
overdrive:

Ask her to follow you go carry out hiv test and watch her reaction.
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by murphyibiam15(m): 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2021
prince3009:

Ignoramuses like you don't know the meaning of the following:

Anti-retroviral...
Viral load...
CD4 count...
PReP...

All your dumb brain can process are rubbish like:

Bet9ja...
E choke...
Pepper dem...
Ment undecided
Sapa

So as you can see, we are not in the same class of life! I am not HIV Positive to he glory of God because I know my status but can't say same for a demented chicken like you who might be carrying the virus and will not stop at discriminating others who are suspected to even if it is a family member.

HIV positive man, spare me your sermon I didn't read them
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by eguarojeona: 7:42pm On Jul 03, 2021
Kewtt:
Share your experiences..... Have you ever been motivated enough to engage in sexual activities with a known HIV positive person? Or you did not know until it was too late?
As long the person is on regular ART's you are good.And they should check their CD counts regularly.Its not a big deal honestly.To me its safer you know than doing it someone who you were not sure of their status
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by eguarojeona: 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2021
RisenJoe:
Wahala go dey sleep on him own, una wan go wake am

No be to carry HIV be d Koko, but u go fit dey carry d drugs everywhere u dey go? You fit wake up by 2:23:13am to take the anti-retroviral drugs......

Like one mad man said, no madness be d issue but na d Waka Waka wey dey inside am!

But abstinence is still the best!!!
You can still abstain and still get infected though.Not only through sex you know

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Orlu15(m): 10:07pm On Jul 03, 2021
Kewtt:
Let's go:
I met this well endowed lady.,... Those that make your eyes turn Tom and Jerry.... We got together long and short I discovered she was positive.... Late into the night.... I froze spiritually and physically.... My mind was doing Usain Bolt... But I maintained civility....till the next morning when she left...... Hmmmm what a close shave!

After a nice rendezvous she calmly informed me of her status. As that was a requirement under the law in the country. My mind did a million somersaults.... Is she bluffing? Do I find out? Do I call her bluff? And the backside was like a mountain.... My oh my....the trauma was real.... I went out of the room... Consulted with my guys.... Some advised double condoms... Me? Mba! I maintained a civil relationship with her.... She slept over. Second day she left. We maintained good friendship afterwards... HIV infection is not a death sentence. Please let your partners know your status ahead of time. If he or she will stay, they will.

Gazzuzz kingreign nakoks share your experiences

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Trustedpronet: 10:14pm On Jul 03, 2021
dairykidd:

So u do a test everytime before sex? Do u know it doesn't show sometimes if she's newly infected and then if u dive in raw u might be contaminated? Stop wasting ur money on tests if its true at all.. Invest it in condoms

In case ticket cut
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Gideon16(m): 10:54pm On Jul 03, 2021
crazymommy:
Lol...funny but true.....that is why they always advice everyone to go for a test...sadly many people married each other without even going for HIV test...
God bless you. The awareness is not enough. That's why they say you fear what you don't understand. To go for the test self dey fear many people. I understand that it is the stigma associated associated with the virus sha.
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by osazsky(m): 11:08pm On Jul 03, 2021
CSTRR:

Get vaccinated for hepatitis B and C instead of wasting money.

I am vaccinated for hepatitis. I don't fear it anymore.

The only thing I am worried about now is HIV.
I tire o..I took mine free of charge
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by pfadom: 5:45am On Jul 04, 2021
ruggedtimi:
You can actually sleep with a positive patient... If the viral load is low

Are you going to personally conduct the test at the port of entry of you'll rely on old unconfirmed test results. Keep deceiving yourself with Psalm 23 - "... Even though you walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I'll fear no evil "

Flee every appearance of evil QED!
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by valiju: 5:52am On Jul 04, 2021
Please where in mushin can I get those test kit
Tzar:
Why will you think about sex with ANYONE without running a test. Even if you wear a comdom, it can have holes or tear.

At Mushin Lagos you can get the following home test kits and have some peace of mind! If you can give a girl 5k for cab, then spend another 5k to entertain her, you are a fool, if you cannot invest below amount once a year for your sexual health!!!!

Hiv home test kit- N5000 for 25pcs
HepatitisB home test kit- N7000 for 50pcs
HepatitisC home test kit- N7000 for 50pcs
Syphillis home test kit- N6000 for 50pcs
Post pill- N4000 pack of 12doses

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by JBoss25(m): 7:08am On Jul 04, 2021
Olisehinnocent:
My own us that I meet a girl last month and we are in relationship. Last Sunday after pressing her boobs and fingering, I want to insert my condom and knack her, the girl said, "Do you usually use condom to knack girls? I said Yes, she now said that she will like to have flesh to flesh with me that she doesn't like to feel me with any rubber on my dick". I thought that she's joking but she was damn serious. After trying to change her mind but she refused. I jejelyly wear my boxer and go home. The fear of hiv is the beginning of man's wisdom.
grin
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by JBoss25(m): 7:30am On Jul 04, 2021
vivalavida:
After going through this thread, I ran out to do a test to be sure of myself again before water pass garri without me knowing. Result is Negative. Man must marry this year.
the water pass garri part got me grin
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by phemmyflexxy(m): 8:01am On Jul 04, 2021
A more dangerous infection is herpes and over 60million Americans have it

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by cocococo: 8:18am On Jul 04, 2021
In my life, I’ve had exposures with 2 different HIV ladies (no protection). What saved me was strips in my house after the action, and the post-exposure drugs I took almost immediately.

For the first lady, we were just starting to date, and she didn’t even know her status, until after the first intimacy we had, and when we casually tested in my house that same day with the HIV strips, we found out she was positive. The next day, I started HIV post-exposure prophylaxis for 30 days o, no time. Later, we broke up because she opened up to me that she was seeing another guy, actually. And me sef, my mind no carry her again.

For the second lady, she knew she was positive, but didn’t tell me. One day, we started ‘action’ with protection, but for some reason, we ended up without protection, after which my come clear grin (reason why you should know your partner’s status before you start anything o, whether you wan use condom or not). I then told her ‘let’s do test in my house since I have strips’. She initially refused and said she was scared of needle pricks, but when I got angry, she confessed that she was positive and she only found out 5 months ago, but that she was now on HIV drugs. I thought she was joking o, but after we tested in my house, she was really positive. I weak again. shocked Shuo! Na only me waka come for this HIV matter? But I didn’t freak out, since I was now experienced in such issues. grin I just drove her home to be sure she was on drugs. She showed me the drugs, and I immediately knew those were the same drugs I used for my post-exposure prophylaxis after my first exposure with my ex. Omo, I just asked her for one tablet and swallowed one tablet from her drugs to start my post-exposure prophylaxis right there. wink The next day, I went to hospital to get new supply for the 30-days prophylaxis. Anyways, later on, we reduced our friendship and communication. We are still friends, though. After over six months after the exposure, I am still HIV-negative. That is the end of my story.

Condom is good, but please, test any body you want to start having sex regularly with. And please even try to test them regularly, and hope they are faithful, while you must be faithful too, or at least test whomever you want to do away match with. HIV no dey kill jare. It’s just the stress of taking drugs every day for the rest of your life. And by the way, the first HIV lady got married recently to a HIV-negative man, I believe, because she told me that even HIV-negative guys were asking her out a lot even when they knew she was positive, cos she fine.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by vivalavida(m): 8:45am On Jul 04, 2021
JBoss25:
the water pass garri part got me grin

Guy the thread put fear for my body. Man has always been careful while carrying out all these shenanigans. But I decided to be sure ooo. Thank God man is still good.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by azpekuliar: 9:24am On Jul 04, 2021
Meninmen:

Yeah. I know. My point is that undetectable viral load doesn't mean the person wouldn't be postive again on HIV testing. I assumed that was what someone was trying to infer!

Your point is wrong. When you’re undetectable (virus suppressed due to ARV medication) you will test negative if you are tested randomly. It does not mean you are no longer HIV positive. The virus still stays hidden in reservoirs within the human body. If the medication is stopped or adherence (to the ARV regimen) is poor then the virus will rebound within the body and a test will show positive.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by cocococo: 9:35am On Jul 04, 2021
azpekuliar:

Your point is wrong. When you’re undetectable (virus suppressed due to ARV medication) you will test negative if you are tested randomly. It does not mean you are no longer HIV positive. The virus still stays hidden in reservoirs within the human body. If the medication is stopped or adherence (to the ARV regimen) is poor then the virus will rebound within the body and a test will show positive.

Bros na lie. Once you test positive with the HIV strips, you will be positive for life with the test strips which test for antibodies (the antibodies in HIV people remain for life). However, if you do PCR test (which only very few advanced labs do) which checks for the virus itself, it will be undetectable if the person is on HIV drugs. (This “UNDETECTABLE”, is not the same as “negative” o). Once you positive, you are positive FOR LIFE, judging by your antibodies!
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by azpekuliar: 9:45am On Jul 04, 2021
cocococo:

Bros na lie. Once you test positive with the HIV strips, you will be positive for life with the test strips which test for antibodies (the antibodies in HIV people remain for life). However, if you do PCR test (which only very few advanced labs do) which checks for the virus itself, it will be undetectable if the person is on HIV drugs. (We call this “UNDETECTABLE”, not “negative”). Once you positive, you are positive FOR LIFE, judging by your antibodies!

You are wrong. Those very widely available rapid test kits test exactly for the presence of HIV antibodies to determine your status. It has been shown statistically that an undetectable person will return a negative result with a rapid test kit.

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by crazymommy(f): 9:57am On Jul 04, 2021
cocococo:

Bros na lie. Once you test positive with the HIV strips, you will be positive for life with the test strips which test for antibodies (the antibodies in HIV people remain for life). However, if you do PCR test (which only very few advanced labs do) which checks for the virus itself, it will be undetectable if the person is on HIV drugs. (We call this “UNDETECTABLE”, not “negative”). Once you positive, you are positive FOR LIFE, judging by your antibodies!
lol....PCR test will not be done if they do not know the history of the virus in your body....undetectable is used to describe a situation whereby the person with history of HIV is showing negative when tested...it is undetectable In the sense that he or she has the virus but the test keeps saying negative even when the history shows that the virus was in that body...so that is why it says the test is not detecting it...it does not mean it is not present but the viral load is very low and the basic test is not seeing it....that guy you are arguing with is right....you too are also right but your analysis of the "undetectable" is what is wrong...if the HIV patient stop their ART ,trust me after some months if the same person go for the test,the same kit that showed negative before will now show positive.......for now HIV has no total cure medically..but it can be treated medically and the person can live the normal life like the negative people...and even grow older than some negative people as long as they are on ART....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Tzar(m): 10:04am On Jul 04, 2021
It is on the Mushin side of LUTH (Lagos Univerity Teaching Hospital ). When you get to Mushin bustop, just park & ask anyone where they sell wholesale medical products.
valiju:
Please where in mushin can I get those test kit

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by SirLakes: 10:04am On Jul 04, 2021
CSTRR:

Get vaccinated for hepatitis B and C instead of wasting money.

I am vaccinated for hepatitis. I don't fear it anymore.

The only thing I am worried about now is HIV.
Where did you see your own C vaccine?

There's no vaccine for C

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 04, 2021
azpekuliar:

You are the one who is wrong actually.

A person who has an undetectable viral load will still test positive for HIV when tested randomly with antibody testing (which is actually the most common method for testing for HIV)

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by azpekuliar: 10:44am On Jul 04, 2021
Meninmen:

A person who has an undetectable viral load will still test positive for HIV when tested randomly with antibody testing (which is actually the most common method for testing for HIV)

I (and Crazymommy) have already debunked this in earlier posts. Go through the last few posts.

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 04, 2021
azpekuliar:

I (and Crazymommy) have already debunked this in earlier posts. Go through the last few posts.

Sorry, I don't understand.
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by crazymommy(f): 10:48am On Jul 04, 2021
Meninmen:

you guys should stop arguing with yourselves....just check out https://www.avert.org/living-with-hiv/antiretroviral-treatment/what-does-undetectable-mean get informed,stay informed
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 04, 2021
crazymommy:
you guys should stop arguing with yourselves....just check out https://www.avert.org/living-with-hiv/antiretroviral-treatment/what-does-undetectable-mean get informed,stay informed

I have opened the link to read it. So what is your understanding of the write up?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Beware Of The Bad Postures And Save Yourself From Chronic Body Pain!! (pics) / Arya Permana: World Heaviest Kid Loses Over 100kg In Three Years (Photos) / Drama As Hospital Returns Patient To Husband’s Shop In Ibadan (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.