Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,973 members, 7,852,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:16 PM

Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person (57068 Views)

Help Me Confirm If I Am HIV Positive / I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help / Can An HIV Negative Woman And Her HIV Positive Partner Conceive Naturally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 03, 2021
That you had unprotected sex with a person with HIV doesn't mean you will automatically become infected with HIV.

11 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by CSTRR: 10:19am On Jul 03, 2021
Saltybear:

I swear

Another one down I repeat another one down

Men I dey fear kpekus now a days

Condom no even safe at all. My guy wey dey blow with rubber 24 7 don catch hiv o
Damn
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Trustedpronet: 10:20am On Jul 03, 2021
crazymommy:
Do you know that the virus can be in your body for more than two weeks before it is detected??that is why you are advised to do test at least every three months...

Sure!
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by jojothunder: 10:20am On Jul 03, 2021
EzegeNdiigbo:
Kill yourself for this kind of naughty thread ya create

Outta yea

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 03, 2021
Irennediva:
The future is Female shocked shocked

Are you hiv positive?

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by crazymommy(f): 10:21am On Jul 03, 2021
Meninmen:

What do you mean if the person is undetectable for a consistent period of 6 months?
There is something called "viral load".....when the patient have a low viral load around 20 or below then the virus becomes undetectable....it is at that point you hear some people who will go to church to say they were HIV positive before but now Angel of GOD have turned them into HIV negative.....according to the world of science...undetectable makes it difficult to transmit to others .....so undetectable is untransmittable...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 03, 2021
Tzar:
Why will you think about sex with ANYONE without running a test. Even if you wear a comdom, it can have holes or tear.

At Mushin Lagos you can get the following home test kits and have some peace of mind! If you can give a girl 5k for cab, then spend another 5k to entertain her, you are a fool, if you cannot invest below amount once a year for your sexual health!!!!

Hiv home test kit- N5000 for 25pcs
HepatitisB home test kit- N7000 for 50pcs
HepatitisC home test kit- N7000 for 50pcs
Syphillis home test kit- N6000 for 50pcs
Post pill- N4000 pack of 12doses

How can I get it please.

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:21am On Jul 03, 2021
One way ticket to see Hades in hell
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Onyi22(f): 10:22am On Jul 03, 2021
Does HiV exist grin
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by CSTRR: 10:22am On Jul 03, 2021
Tzar:
Why will you think about sex with ANYONE without running a test. Even if you wear a comdom, it can have holes or tear.

At Mushin Lagos you can get the following home test kits and have some peace of mind! If you can give a girl 5k for cab, then spend another 5k to entertain her, you are a fool, if you cannot invest below amount once a year for your sexual health!!!!

Hiv home test kit- N5000 for 25pcs
HepatitisB home test kit- N7000 for 50pcs
HepatitisC home test kit- N7000 for 50pcs
Syphillis home test kit- N6000 for 50pcs
Post pill- N4000 pack of 12doses

Get vaccinated for hepatitis B and C instead of wasting money.

I am vaccinated for hepatitis. I don't fear it anymore.

The only thing I am worried about now is HIV.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 03, 2021
murphyibiam15:

Go and sit down, you're a careless monkey calling good people Ignorant , what an irony

If we check now, you are even HIV positive with all your "carefulness" without even knowing it because people like you will run at the mention of "HIV Test".

Keep bleating like a demented goat!

6 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by sam564: 10:22am On Jul 03, 2021
Wen men are talking, the bois sitdown and learn...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 03, 2021
Meninmen:

What do you mean if the person is undetectable for a consistent period of 6 months?

Viral load from the T cell count
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by crazymommy(f): 10:23am On Jul 03, 2021
Meninmen:
That you had unprotected sex with a person with HIV doesn't mean you will automatically become infected with HIV.
Sadly we still have alot of ignorant Nigerians that needs to be educated....there are more dangerous disease than HIV that people underrated....hepatitis kills faster ,cancer kills faster,even diabetes kills...but people focus more on HIV...even malaria kills millions of people worldwide but we underrate it....

12 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by McOluOmo: 10:23am On Jul 03, 2021
crazymommy:
Do you know that the virus can be in your body for more than two weeks before it is detected??that is why you are advised to do test at least every three months...
every 3 months abi? Until u find what you are looking for.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by crazymommy(f): 10:24am On Jul 03, 2021
McOluOmo:
every 3 months abi? Until u find what you are looking for.
Lame and insensitive joke...

3 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Lamanii22(f): 10:24am On Jul 03, 2021
Carparts888:
Please admin remove this thread, it's not educating about hiv but causing stigma to those living with it

Hmmmm right

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Lexusgs430: 10:25am On Jul 03, 2021
Emu4life:
No be juju be dat Ya head geh oil. If only ladies will continue to be this smart, the level of fornication will reduce drastically and the world would receive the creator's blessings

We wey dey print HIV letter put for table, make babe wey we wan dump see am......... grin

Nah she go take her leg waka............ smiley

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Gideon16(m): 10:25am On Jul 03, 2021
Fear those that are carrying it and don't know than those that have already know their status. You see those that have already know their status, they will have be on drug already which will suppress the viral load and once the viral load is low, they won't be present in the vaginal fluid or semen thereby reducing their risk of transmission. You see those that don't know their status............. They are the real military zone. Keep off

23 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by highchief1: 10:25am On Jul 03, 2021
OurBusinessIsPr:
Why..

Just play safe
d way I lash I no I must don meet who get am but I’m condom compliant so e no concern me.
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by CSTRR: 10:26am On Jul 03, 2021
Even syphilis, Chlamydia, and gonorrhea don't scare.

At all, na antibiotics go cure am.

But HIV?
No coming back from that one.

That is my only fear in sex.
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Abalado(f): 10:26am On Jul 03, 2021
To go do test self they fear me

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by crazymommy(f): 10:28am On Jul 03, 2021
Gideon16:
Fear those that are carrying it and don't know than those that have already know their status. You see those that have already know their status, they will have be on drug already which will suppress the viral load and once the viral load is low, they won't be present in the vaginal fluid or semen thereby reducing their risk of transmission. You see those that don't know their status............. They are the real military zone. Keep off
Lol...funny but true.....that is why they always advice everyone to go for a test...sadly many people married each other without even going for HIV test...

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by crazymommy(f): 10:29am On Jul 03, 2021
CSTRR:
Even syphilis, Chlamydia, and gonorrhea don't scare.

At all, na antibiotics go cure am.

But HIV?
No coming back from that one.

That is my only fear in sex.
Ignorance is another disease on its own...you are ignorant...People like you won't mind having raw sex as long as the person is not HIV positive but you have forgotten that there are more dangerous STDs that is x10 dangerous than HIV....

3 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Toks2008(m): 10:29am On Jul 03, 2021
Kewtt:
Share your experiences..... Have you ever been motivated enough to engage in sexual activities with a known HIV positive person? Or you did not know until it was too late?

There is nothing bad in sleeping with HIV P person but you must use protection.

For me I can't be with such cos I love eating snails a lot and there is no condom for the mouth.

7 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Hespee93: 10:30am On Jul 03, 2021
Well I never knew may be I have had sex with an HIV positive patient, just did HIV test yesterday and Glory be to God.

It came back negative. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Toks2008(m): 10:31am On Jul 03, 2021
Gideon16:

Low viral load yes but the problem is the occasional spike in the load due to several factors

It is because of the unexpected spike that makes it entirely dangerous to sleep with a positive person except you use protection.

5 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by CSTRR: 10:31am On Jul 03, 2021
crazymommy:
Ignorance is another disease on its own...you are ignorant...People like you won't mind having raw sex as long as the person is not HIV positive but you have forgotten that there are more dangerous STDs that is x10 dangerous than HIV....
Pls what are these STDs?
I am already vaccinated for hepatitis.

Which other STD apart from HIV should I be afraid of?
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by crazymommy(f): 10:31am On Jul 03, 2021
Toks2008:

There is nothing bad in sleeping with HIV P person but you must use protection.

For me I can't be with such cos I love eating snails a lot and there is no condom for the mouth.

If I may ask,those ladies or that lady you have slept with,have you confirmed her HIV status from the medical centres??confirm by yourself and not what she told you...
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by StreetFight: 10:33am On Jul 03, 2021
Bluntguy:

You don chop clean mouth come dey shout close shave Abi?

Yes, nah. Abi you no understand. Close shave means that you chop, shave, and close your mouth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Beware Of The Bad Postures And Save Yourself From Chronic Body Pain!! (pics) / Arya Permana: World Heaviest Kid Loses Over 100kg In Three Years (Photos) / Drama As Hospital Returns Patient To Husband’s Shop In Ibadan (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.