Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? (26388 Views)

My Gf Reported Me To Her Siblings For Slapping Her / How To Emotionally Detach From Anyone / My Girlfriend Told Me She Is Not In Good Health And Wouldn't Want Me To Suffer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by bigpicture001: 7:06am On Jul 05, 2021
Yes it true that we always claim that family is everything, they will never desert you bla bla bla....but my main question is, is your family always right in taking your top ranking position of importance..?

Many atimes we have heard of family members betrayals just like friends do. We have heard of family abandonment of a sibling, we have seen a lot if times how elder siblibgs jettision youger ones and face thier own life...

My girlfriend is an orphan with four other siblings. Who grew apart in other relatives houses. Everyone is now adult..she cant seem to get over her emotional connections to her siblings, always claming they com first even before her lover or eventual hubby or even the children she will birth...

Looking at the family, I don't even see what is so special a sacrifice they have done for themselves. Example her eldest bro who earns over 600k monthly gave her a paltry 15k for a trip to sokoto for her NYSC. A place she has never been to..this includes t/fare, feeding etc. Her siblings would never feel like being around each other except it calls for a serious Holiday like xmas...there are many more I can't list here.

Wtf! My family have much more sacrifices for each other yet we understood the roles new person entering the family through love have in each and everybody's lives....

People are so two faced in this country claiming family family but dont really care..for the ladies that wil crop up on this thread..first ask yourself how many times have your brother bought you exmas gift or burthday gift before you open ur lieing mouth

Mind you this is not to underscore, the relevance of family bond, but everyone that affects your life should be rightly placed where they importantly belong.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Nwodosis(m): 7:09am On Jul 05, 2021
You are not a good person, a family that you are yet to be officially part of, you want to break the family love bond! You are materialistic and selfish but love is not about materialism and selfishness.

397 Likes 22 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Cunnilingus(m): 7:25am On Jul 05, 2021
Omo allow her love her Family. My wife knows I don't joke with my parents and siblings.

211 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Clinghton: 7:32am On Jul 05, 2021
If it isn't affecting your relationship...

8 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:38am On Jul 05, 2021
Just let her be for now, when she gives birth she might change, that's if you will marry her

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by bigpicture001: 7:46am On Jul 05, 2021
Nwodosis:
You are not a good person, a family that you are yet to be officially part of, you want to break the family love bond!

Must one be part of a family to show the most love and care....?

Which one is breaking..? Didnt youbread where she said she will always place her siblings over her hubby and even child she births.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Nwodosis(m): 7:51am On Jul 05, 2021
bigpicture001:

Must one be part of a family to show the most love and care....?

Which one is breaking..? Didnt youbread where she said she will always place her siblings over her hubby and even child she births.
That's an exaggeration to express the extent of love she has for her siblings
No woman plays with her child excerpt Tiwa Savage that swears with her child's life.

192 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by talk2hb1(m): 8:07am On Jul 05, 2021
bigpicture001:
..yes it true that we always claim that famiky is everything ,they will never desert you bla bla bla....but my main question is is your family always right in taking your top rankibg position of importance..?

Many atimes we have heard of family members betrayals just like friends do. We have heard of family abandonment of a sibling, we have seen a lot if times how elder siblibgs jettision youger ones and face thier own life...

My girlfriend is an orphan with four other siblings. Who grew apart in other relatives houses. Everyone is now adult..she cant seem to get over her emotional connections to her siblings, always claming they com first even before her lover or eventual hubby or even the children she will birth...

Looking at the family, I don't even see what is so special a scripture dey have done for themselves. Example her eldest bro who earns over 600k monday gave her a paltry 15k for a trip to sokoto for her NYSC. A place she has never been to..this includes t/fare, feeding etc. Her siblings wmouthnever feel like being around each other except it calls for a serious Holiday like xmas...there's are many more I cant list here.

Wtf! My family have much more sacrifices for each other yet we understood the roles new person entering the family through love have in each and everybody's lives....

People are so two faced in this country claiming family family but dont really care..for the senseless ladies ladies that wil crop up on this thread..first ask yourself how many times have your brother bought you exmas gift or burthday gift before you open ur lieing mouth

Mind you this is not to underscore, the relevance if family bond, but everyone that affects your life should be rightly placed where they importantly belong
I dey buy gift for my baby sister ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Nbotee(m): 8:08am On Jul 05, 2021
bigpicture001:
..yes it true that we always claim that famiky is everything ,they will never desert you bla bla bla....but my main question is is your family always right in taking your top rankibg position of importance..?

Looking at the family, I don't even see what is so special a scripture dey have done for themselves. Example her eldest bro who earns over 600k monday gave her a paltry 15k for a trip to sokoto for her NYSC. A place she has never been to..this includes t/fare, feeding etc. Her siblings wmouthnever feel like being around each other except it calls for a serious Holiday like xmas...there's are many more I cant list here.

People are so two faced in this country claiming family family but dont really care..for the senseless ladies ladies that wil crop up on this thread..first ask yourself how many times have your brother bought you exmas gift or burthday gift before you open ur lieing mouth

Mind you this is not to underscore, the relevance if family bond, but everyone that affects your life should be rightly placed where they importantly belong

Ur galfriend not wife... U haven't married her yet and have no right to complain about her attachments with her siblings. For someone who's an orphan U expect her to jus detach herself from her siblings ? And over a boyfriend? How selfish and unreasonable can U b.. If U marry her na complete isolation b dat na abi

230 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by bigpicture001: 8:12am On Jul 05, 2021
Nbotee:

Ur galfriend not wife... U haven't married her yet and have no right to complain about her attachments with her siblings. For someone who's an orphan U expect her to jus detach herself from her siblings ? And over a boyfriend? How selfish and unreasonable can U b.. If U marry her na complete isolation b dat na abi

But we are planning to marry...and I dint mean cut off from ur siblings...I mean pay more attention to ur relationship and and get more involved with ur man...ur brothers and sister wont take a biga risk for you than your loving husband and boyfriend...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Nbotee(m): 8:29am On Jul 05, 2021
bigpicture001:

But we are planning to marry...and I dint mean cut off from ur siblings...I mean pay more attention to ur relationship and and get more involved with ur man...ur brothers and sister wont take a biga risk for you than your loving husband and boyfriend...

As a boyfriend U asking her to pay more attention to U and get more involved with U and less with her family is unreasonable. What do U mean get more involved with u? Move into ur apartment? Spend more time with U than she does with them? U are asking her to chose between U and her siblings which is very wrong.

101 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by bigcee(m): 8:40am On Jul 05, 2021
undecided

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by chidekings(m): 9:02am On Jul 05, 2021
bigpicture001:

most won't understand where your heading.certain things can't be explained.but if you feel you can't cope better cut off now.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Kaybae(f): 9:18am On Jul 05, 2021
You are so selfish, if it happens that she is the one telling you to "detach" from your siblings now, you will come here and be playing victim. So she should leave her siblings, forget the fact that they don't do any special thing for themselves, it's none of your biz. You said she should pay attention to your relationship, do you know her mind? If she pays attention physically and not mentally nko. Just sit her down and let her know where your relationship is lacking attention and I believe an adjustment will be made.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by zed7: 9:33am On Jul 05, 2021
The OP thinks the importance of family is about giving money. You certainly don't understand the power of emotional support. No amount of money can replace that.
She is even an orphan, that means her siblings are probably the only ones to ever show her love.
You are insecure, the best way to make her get closer to you is to show greater love and emotional support than her siblings offer.
The average Nigerian thinks giving people stipends is a show of love. That's why we have lots of 'money miss road' people.

150 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by bigpicture001: 9:43am On Jul 05, 2021
zed7:
The OP thinks the importance of family is about giving money. You certainly don't understand the power of emotional support. No amount of money can replace that.
She is even an orphan, that means her siblings are probably the only ones to ever show her love.
You are insecure, the best way to make her get closer to you is to show greater love and emotional support than her siblings offer.
The average Nigerian thinks giving people stipends is a show of love. That's why we have lots of 'money miss road' people.

I found out the hospitals she now goes to for an ailment which is now past tense..its been there, no other person pays that much attention..I check on her tru calla almost every 4hours...I stand by her through thick and thin...

You don't get..I am totally involved in her day to day life..to say she cant do certain things for me cuz am not family is just so disgusting....
Mr. Emotions..who is more emotionally supportive of a lady when in need of it..ur sibling's or ur very loving girlfriend..

Would your adult brother stay days with you in the hospital if you are down..? As compared to ur fiancee..? If no..is she your family memeber yet..?

Guy cease to reason with just emotion..com to reality

13 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by zed7: 10:02am On Jul 05, 2021
bigpicture001:

I found out the hospitals she now goes to for an ailment which is now past tense..its been there, no other person pays that much attention..I check on her tru calla almost every 4hours...I stand by her through thick and thin...

You don't get..I am totally involved in her day to day life..to say she cant do certain things for me cuz am not family is just so disgusting....
Mr. Emotions..who is more emotionally supportive of a lady when in need of it..ur sibling's or ur very loving girlfriend..

Would your adult brother stay days with you in the hospital if you are down..? As compared to ur fiancee..? If no..is she your family memeber yet..?

Guy cease to reason with just emotion..com to reality
You are not married my man. People have done a thousand times more and ended up disappointing their partners.
No reasonable person invests so much until you are married. You're just a boyfriend. After marriage you will be a priority not before then. Come to terms with that reality.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Kondomatic(m): 11:27am On Jul 05, 2021
Nwodosis:
You are not a good person, a family that you are yet to be officially part of, you want to break the family love bond! You are materialistic and selfish but love is not about materialism and selfishness.
Ordinary boyfriend wants his girlfriend to detach from her family. Imagine what would happen when he eventually marries her.

I wish the relationship ends this evening, the girl deserves better.

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Creativeace(m): 11:58am On Jul 05, 2021
She's an orphan.
Its gonna be easier to break out of ikoyi prison in lagos than to sever a bond that has been forged by years of sorrow and ecstasy alike.

If you want her more on your side than theirs,you have to forge a stronger bond with her,and it takes time.

Women dont think the way men do.you analysed the situation with logic,added two to two and the subtracted two but it gave you one,dosent make sense right ? But she dosent think like that,to her,her obssession with her siblings is right as long as she feels good about it.

And to women the onlx thing that is better than feeling good,is "feeling better" give her that and she'll migrate,you cant just ask her to do it,flip the switch,no it dosent work that way.

I know how you feel though,it hurts your ego to know that your woman is more connected and more dependent on someone else when you're trying your best.

Ignore the people telling you you've not married yet,good marriages are forged by good relationships !

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by vernieu(f): 8:12pm On Jul 05, 2021
Let her be or walk away. She's an orphan for christ sake

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:12pm On Jul 05, 2021
Oga, that is how she is. You have seen it with your eyes. It is for you to take it or leave it. The choice is yours.

15 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by saphiere(f): 8:12pm On Jul 05, 2021
bigpicture001:
Yes it true that we always claim that family is everything, they will never desert you bla bla bla....but my main question is, is your family always right in taking your top ranking position of importance..?

Looking at the family, I don't even see what is so special a sacrifice they have done for themselves. Example her eldest bro who earns over 600k monthly gave her a paltry 15k for a trip to sokoto for her NYSC. A place she has never been to..this includes t/fare, feeding etc. Her siblings would never feel like being around each other except it calls for a serious Holiday like xmas...there are many more I can't list here.

People are so two faced in this country claiming family family but dont really care..for the ladies that wil crop up on this thread..first ask yourself how many times have your brother bought you exmas gift or burthday gift before you open ur lieing mouth

Mind you this is not to underscore, the relevance of family bond, but everyone that affects your life should be rightly placed where they importantly belong.
So where should you "boyfriend" should belong? Go and get a life please.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by ThinkSmarter: 8:12pm On Jul 05, 2021
Her siblings will always be there for her, for better for worse.
Blood is thicker than water
But you will only be there for her only when her beauty have not obeyed the law of diminishing marginal utility.
My kind of girl, loving with her brain.
Marry her and detach her
Yeye boyfriends! Lol

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Factfinder1(m): 8:12pm On Jul 05, 2021
Not entirely a bad sign.....when everyone gives up on you family won't

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 8:13pm On Jul 05, 2021
You like sex toomuch

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by eherbal(m): 8:14pm On Jul 05, 2021
Bad sign. When it comes to choosing between you and them. You know the answer grin

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by JovialJune(f): 8:14pm On Jul 05, 2021
Imagine Op already concluding that ladies here will be quick to condemn him and his obviously bad thought process, he is already making his in built selfishness a gender thing, I am so glad his own gender is also telling him the truth, even though there will be some to massage his ego, you reek of insecurity and very low esteem, imagine comparing yourself with her siblings as if it's a competition, are you a child? How old are you?

You are a very selfish person, I blame your gf for telling you things about her life and siblings, so because her bro gave her small funds she should cut off from him and the rest of them? You are a bad energy, their bond will always be there even if they have differences or misunderstandings, it is expected of siblings. If she focuses the whole of her attention on you and at the end of the day, you break up with her, who will loose? Will you help her make amends with her siblings that she neglected?

You are a bad energy, I wish she can see this thread and stay the hell away from you.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by kingajibola(m): 8:15pm On Jul 05, 2021
Op, calm down.

All you need is understanding and a lot of patience, with time you will adjust.
It's even better her siblings 're not all ladies, you for hear ham.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by OceanEye: 8:18pm On Jul 05, 2021
chidekings:

most won't understand where your heading.certain things can't be explained.but if you feel you can't cope better cut off now.

You are a very good observer

8 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by oneble: 8:20pm On Jul 05, 2021
Odaran, you want someone to smash

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by ford101: 8:20pm On Jul 05, 2021
bigpicture001:

I don't expect this from a man. Kai

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Lovers Share Adorable Pre-wedding Photos / Post Your Picture With A Lovely Caption And Let A Nairalander Rate You / Is Sex Really Compulsory In A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.