Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? (1573 Views)

Does He Let His Wife To Be Know How Much He's Worth? / Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? / How Does A Wife Know She Has Received Love From Her Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? by okababa(m): 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2007
HELLO NAIRALANDERS,
DISCLOSING HOW MUCH ONE EARN IS A MAJOR PROBLEM SOME HUSBAND FACE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE HOMES.SOME WILL NOT DISCLOSE THE SALARY BECAUSE THE DEMAND OF THE WIFE MIGHT SUDDENLY INCREASE WHILE OTHERS PREFER TO KEEP IT TO THEMSELVES BECAUSE THE WIFE WILL HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE WAY THEY SPEND THE MONEY.ANOTHER SCHOOL OF THOUGHT BELIEVED THAT NOTHING SHOULD BE HIDDEN FROM THE WOMAN AND THERE4 SEE NOTHING WRONG IN DISCLOSING IT.
      I WANT ALL NAIRALANDERS TO GIVE THEIR CONCERNED OPPINION ON THIS BURNING ISSUE
Re: Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? by uyai(f): 10:26pm On Jul 16, 2007
don't you guys do tax returns together?
Re: Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? by CrazyMan(m): 11:42pm On Jul 16, 2007
For me to marry a girl, I have to open up to her.
Salary stuff is something she would already know even before you get married.
She must know your financial status before agreeing to commit herself to you all the rest of her life. And concerning the demanding stuff, all girls are not demanding. And no girl can tell me how to spend my own money.
And of course she would be working so we won’t have to start any unnecessary quarrel over money. We got married for love and not how much I earn, or how much I allocate to her.
Re: Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? by drrionelli(m): 12:40am On Jul 17, 2007
Good reply, crazykid! I concur!
Re: Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? by tectona(m): 2:58am On Jul 17, 2007
it depend on the kinda of woman she is ohhh. undecided
ain't want some one stripping me dry.
Re: Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? by Seun(m): 8:36am On Jul 17, 2007
Why would you marry such a woman? Don't you know what marriage is? If you are divorced, she gets 50%.
Re: Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? by Bolarge(m): 9:24am On Jul 17, 2007
@Topic
Of course nooww. Na wa ohh! Some questions make u wonder if peeps actually comprehend the basic tenets of trust and marriage. undecided
Re: Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? by Mandora(f): 10:19am On Jul 17, 2007
If u have a problem disclosing how much u earn, den u have a trust problem wit ur wife n it's going 2 lead 2 other issues. Cant say I blame u though because many women may capitalize on knowing how much u earn n begin 2 make selfish demands. But I hope if u dont reveal how much u earn u dont expect her 2 reveal how much she earns 2.
Re: Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? by Frankies(m): 10:34am On Jul 17, 2007
I Will not specifically disclose to my wife, how much I earn but to some extent she will know my financial capability.

I think I have an advantage on this issue, in the sense that I know how to cry about not having money even when I know I have enough. That is a good way to make her reduce her demands and at the same time value anything you provide for her.

I have to be plain as usual on this issue.
Re: Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? by Frankies(m): 10:37am On Jul 17, 2007
@ mandora

Even when I did not tell my wife, my take- home- pay, I must, I repeat, I must know her own exact amount in all aspect of knowing that
Re: Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? by Mandora(f): 12:02pm On Jul 17, 2007
That doesn't sound fair. Wats sauce 4 d goose shld also b sauce 4 gander n vice versa
Re: Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? by iice(f): 12:30pm On Jul 17, 2007
Hmmmm not every1's lucky in having a spouse who will understand and not care that much about your financial situation. Just know the person well enough to know how they will react (probability) to you finances.
Re: Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? by sssflora: 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2007
yes i think is tru.
Re: Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? by muyioye(m): 1:19pm On Jul 17, 2007
Fellow Nairalanders.

I am impressed by this posts and I have these to say.

Your wife is YOU and there4 efrything must be open.
My former office in Apapa, I have a secretary who was married b4 me and I am impressed by him wneh he told me that his wife knew how much he eanrs. At first, I disagreed wt him until I got married too and things started unfolding.

All said and done. I want to believe that no one is going to marry a money sucking woman, notwithstanding you have to maintain yr wife the way you take care of yr children and even yr automobiles, not wanting it to disappoint you, there4 maintaining her is the issue here. Make her look good and let yr in-laws know that you are capable of taking good care of their daughter.

Apart from all these. Love is all about sharing and giving, not taking and hidden.

God bless you all!

'MuyiOye
Re: Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? by nossycheek(f): 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2007
Some men continue to hide their salary and will only plead, 'BUT YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I EARN" when he cannot meet up with basic demands and wants the woman to foot the bill.

Men on their part want full disclosure of their salaries plus including how she spends the money. Different strokes for different folks you may say.
Re: Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? by hamabra(m): 6:47pm On Jul 17, 2007
my wife must know my pay, it are fundamental issue as trust is the name if ur marriage must succeed
Re: Should Your Wife Know How Much You Earn? by tnaidaR(f): 6:56pm On Jul 17, 2007
How about your wife feeding your broke sorry ass and taking care of you? Will you still hide the amount of pocket money she gives you?

You men think you're all that, huh? well, y'all got it all wrong. Oponu

(1) (Reply)

Can She Still Come Back / Why Does Nice People Get Hurt! / How Do You Handle An Abusive And Easily Angered Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.