Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Is The Person We Love The Right Person For Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is The Person We Love The Right Person For Marriage? (879 Views)

Can You Marry The Person You Are Currently Dating? / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / 16 Funny Ways To Reply 'i Love You' (if You Don't Love The Person Back) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Person We Love The Right Person For Marriage? by pinkrex(m): 4:12am On May 11, 2011
Eros love is the widely experienced love nowadays, with people lusting and eros true loving over a period of time then decides to solve the necessity of marriage in relevance to their various cultures and traditions. Do we just need to love and get married or they must be an infusion of agape love cos some women turn out to become witches and pithons in their spouse's home after the successfully make their pretentius yerrz of 'eros' love relationships.
Re: Is The Person We Love The Right Person For Marriage? by ayomide202(f): 5:35am On May 11, 2011
eros love is very important and strengthens the bond esp in the beginning but i believe before you can say you love someone enough to say 'i do' your love must have progressed way beyond eros not necessarily agape cos i take agape as spiritual, Agape is the ultimate love unconditional, even if you turn to witch or python agape still loves. I take in-between as good enough just like 'do me i do u' or 'give and take' kind, as long as it is human being you wan marry, all we can do is pray and hope for the best but people change and makes you wonder. As individuals too everyone has their elastic limit a point they can no longer tolerate their partner's madness or whatever it is. I dont believe agape love works with humans cos 'angel' can turn 'devil' overnight
Re: Is The Person We Love The Right Person For Marriage? by Onchedu(m): 8:51am On May 15, 2011
Not necessarily, especially seeing how mankind has come to define love to suit his sensual desires.

Its more important for a man to love the wife he marries than it it for him to marry the man he love(s)(d).

U can love someone and be incompatible with that someone in the institution of marriage.

Love is not a feeling. There are feelings associated with love and the presence or absence of these is not a sign that there is or is no love. Virtually everything in live is seasonal except God & He is Love. We don't see God or feel Him there all the time but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

The love of a man for his wife was designed to be complete in a trinity, just as God is the trinity. Agape, Phileo & Eros, the three complete as one.
We learn to love first by coming to the knowledge of God's love for mankind by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, the same love that was ultimately expressed, even while we were in sin, in the free gift of salvation unto eternal life through Christ Jesus. This is Agape
We must then come to the expression in image and likeness of that holy in our relationships and interactions with our fellow humans & the world around us. That is Phileo.
It is when these two have been understood well and we learn that love is not self seeking but seeks the good of the loved, as is upholdable by heaven, that we can best express love in eros with our chosen partners in accordance with the instructions set for the expression of love in that manner.

God is Beginning & End; First & Last. Love that does not start and end in Him, or is not found in Him to the glory of His name, is at best an appearance of Love & is not whole.

Lets stop deceiving ourselves & desiring to be deceived just so we can feel good. There's no high like the Most High.
Re: Is The Person We Love The Right Person For Marriage? by Onchedu(m): 9:35am On May 15, 2011
@Ayomide, starting to love from eros is like starting the construction of a house from the roof. It is like living like backwards with no guarantee of getting to the beginning from the end.
Eros is sensual. The flesh desires it & souls respond to it in ways that are still a mystery to us. It is like a powerful glue that will hold together any two parts that have been put together with it.

If we do not believe in God's love for us we will continue to see his commandments as burdensome & live in reprobate existence to the damnation of our souls. God is not mocked. Should we all choose to continue in what is wrong, He will not be overwhelmed by our unity in sin to change His words.
Re: Is The Person We Love The Right Person For Marriage? by 190: 10:45am On May 15, 2011
ask ogugua grin
Re: Is The Person We Love The Right Person For Marriage? by ayomide202(f): 4:41am On May 16, 2011
Onchedu:

@Ayomide, starting to love from eros is like starting the construction of a house from the roof. It is like living like backwards with no guarantee of getting to the beginning from the end.
Eros is sensual. The flesh desires it & souls respond to it in ways that are still a mystery to us. It is like a powerful glue that will hold together any two parts that have been put together with it.

If we do not believe in God's love for us we will continue to see his commandments as burdensome & live in reprobate existence to the damnation of our souls. God is not mocked. Should we all choose to continue in what is wrong, He will not be overwhelmed by our unity in sin to change His words.
to the best of my knowledge eros is absolutely natural especially in this context of marriage,that is what 'sparks things' in the very first place, that is exactly what attracts a man to a woman, i totally disagree with your analogy cos if you will compare it to building then eros is the foundation. Or do you mean to say you just approach a lady you are not in any way attracted to, love her with the love of God and then hope the sensual love just happens eventually. It happens with old women in movies that say they never loved their husbands till they got married cos their parents had matched them up and then love happened along the way. Is your second paragraph part of the response or you just decided to evangelize/preach?[quote][/quote]
Re: Is The Person We Love The Right Person For Marriage? by Onchedu(m): 9:30am On May 16, 2011
I see.

(1) (Reply)

Suffering With A Man / Can You Cope With This? / You Are Happily Invited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.