Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,268 members, 7,853,324 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:22 PM

Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists (23865 Views)

Yinka Oyebode: EKSG Letter To Obas: Purely An Administrative Issue / Shocker APC Caught Sharing Money/envelop To Obas / Ekiti 2018: PDP Blasts Fayemi For Refusal To Pay Homage To Obas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 15, 2021
Skull mining is sill legit.
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by comffy(f): 8:52am On Jul 15, 2021
PlayMaker14:
If you're not a daft fellow who find it difficult to comprehend, you would have noticed where I said that the Amissa service practiced by the CCC is a ritual where they invoke the souls of the dead.

Amissa Service in CCC is an intercession service to intercede on behalf of deceased to God to repose his/her soul. It is also practiced in Roman Catholic as 'High Missa'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by AfroKnight: 9:00am On Jul 15, 2021
Last year or so, one guy was insulting me and denying the fact that human sacrifice was a part of the burial rites of kings.

Today, the government of Ogun state has banned the practice.

Question for those who believed that guy. Will a government create a law against something that doesn’t exist? Like? Will Ogun state ban smoking in space stations? Of course not.

So many of these traditional religion practitioners are hypocrites. They love practicing their religion under the shroud of mystery so they can deny the nefarious activities they also practice.

Good one by the House.
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by PlayMaker14: 9:06am On Jul 15, 2021
comffy:

Amissa Service in CCC is an intercession service to intercede on behalf of deceased to God to repose his/her soul. It is also practiced in Roman Catholic as 'High Missa'.
Intercede on behalf of the deceased for God to repose his/her soul?

You're wrong dear. Amissa worship is an invocation of the soul of the dead which is performed annually where capable spiritual leaders are devolved to conduct the service.

Be that as it may, the way Amissa service is conducted leaves one with the impression that it is a ritual for the Dead rather than a memorial service or interceding as you put it.

I can highlight some of the materials used for the Amissa service.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by Christistruth00: 9:57am On Jul 15, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Good!!

Let them fight for their right in a peaceful manner.

The Obas should also order all the Babalawo and People to stop Using Humans for Rituals and to report anybody doing so immediately
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by mbaise1000: 5:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
duro4chang:
I am not in support of human sacrifice and will never. The caption and the contents of the original post have been altered. Human sacrifice was never mentioned anywhere in the original post. What we saw then was traditional practices.
And now that they have explained what they mean by traditional practices?
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by comffy(f): 6:49pm On Jul 15, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Intercede on behalf of the deceased for God to repose his/her soul?

You're wrong dear. Amissa worship is an invocation of the soul of the dead which is performed annually where capable spiritual leaders are devolved to conduct the service.

Be that as it may, the way Amissa service is conducted leaves one with the impression that it is a ritual for the Dead rather than a memorial service or interceding as you put it.

I can highlight some of the materials used for the Amissa service.

Really?. I would like you to highlights the items used for the service.
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by omoharry(f): 8:21pm On Jul 15, 2021
tamonokare:

You're one of the fools that go about condemning African traditional religion because of human sacrifice and go back to celebrate the sacrifice of Jesus. The sacrifice of Jesus na animal sacrifice? Irredeemably colonised idiot.
You are a daylight black demon �����with a horn on your head and a tail behind your back . An idiot you are to still be advocating for human sacrifice in our time .
Don’t worry , I pray an opportunity will present itself whereby you or your family member will be chosen by the oracle to be use for thier sacrifice in order to install an oba . I believe that will be a wonderful new abi ? Stupid Idiot !. You think you are intelligent but you sounded more stupid from your comments . Tufiakwa!!
Someone gave birth to you. Then refers calls you as my child, not knowing that she gave birth to a monster in a human form .
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by Yankee101: 12:58am On Jul 16, 2021
To stomach that they still exist is a big shame
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by michaelbills(m): 10:22am On Jul 16, 2021
It was human sacrifice in this context. It is crystal clear.

PlayMaker14:
Trying to infringe on their Ancestral veneration as traditional worshippers is a silly thing to do.

This social intercourse among the worshippers and diety which the Ogun State Government considers fetish is also practiced by Celestial Church of Christ Members were most of the government officials do go for spiritual fortification.

In Celestial Church of Christ for example, they have this Ancestral veneration regarded as “Esin Amissa” or “Amissa Service” where they invoke the soul of the dead.

If the Celestial Church of Christ can go with this their Ancestral veneration uninterrupted, then, they should also allow the traditional worshippers.

Modified; The original topic has nothing to do with human sacrifice. It has been changed. The initial caption was just traditional practice.
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by PlayMaker14: 2:54pm On Jul 16, 2021
comffy:

Really?. I would like you to highlights the items used for the service.

1. Corn pap (Koko) and Bean Cake (Akara) to be prepared in abundance.

2. Seven types of fruits.

3. Nine sticks of candle for deceased adult.

4. Incense.

5. A Catafa (the replica of a coffin draped with black and white clothes)

And other sacred things.

1 Like

Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by comffy(f): 9:10pm On Jul 16, 2021
PlayMaker14:

1. Corn pap (Koko) and Bean Cake (Akara) to be prepared in abundance.

2. Seven types of fruits.

3. Nine sticks of candle for deceased adult.

4. Incense.

5. A Catafa (the replica of a coffin draped with black and white clothes)

And other sacred things.
There are no other sacred things they use again apart from the ones you listed above. So please don't paint the Church black.
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by Meshina(m): 9:35pm On Jul 16, 2021
https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/RZY7tzcM

kindly participate in this survey on "Perception on Youths Dissatisfaction with Nigeria's Political leadership in 2021". It's for my Data Lead Africa project.
Kindly feel free to share this survey link with your colleagues & associates.
Kind regards.
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by PlayMaker14: 10:06pm On Jul 16, 2021
comffy:

There are no other sacred things they use again apart from the ones you listed above. So please don't paint the Church black.
Lol, princess, I am not painting CCC black because literally, CCC is white, I am just stating the obvious.

By the way Comfort, do you still want me to list some of the other sacred stuff? cheesy

Good evening wink
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by comffy(f): 1:04pm On Jul 17, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Lol, princess, I am not painting CCC black because literally, CCC is white, I am just stating the obvious.

By the way Comfort, do you still want me to list some of the other sacred stuff? cheesy

Good evening wink
Sure. Go ahead.
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by PlayMaker14: 1:15pm On Jul 17, 2021
comffy:

Sure. Go ahead.
Fumnilayo, I will reveal that elsewhere, they're sacred and I don't want you to think I am painting your church black...

Can you invite me to your church tomorrow? smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan's Visit To Ekiti State (Photos) / Eyitayo Jegede Wins Ondo PDP Governorship Primary / Obasanjo: Atiku Associating Himself With Failures- Balarabe Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.