Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,140 members, 7,852,886 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:57 AM

Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists (23862 Views)

Yinka Oyebode: EKSG Letter To Obas: Purely An Administrative Issue / Shocker APC Caught Sharing Money/envelop To Obas / Ekiti 2018: PDP Blasts Fayemi For Refusal To Pay Homage To Obas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by IprintMONEY: 6:18pm On Jul 14, 2021
Plead:

Culture must be respected! cool cheesy
this useless bleached legs bastard again
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by IprintMONEY: 6:20pm On Jul 14, 2021
tamonokare:

You're one of the fools that go about condemning African traditional religion because of human sacrifice and go back to celebrate the sacrifice of Jesus. Irredeemably colonised idiot.
thunder fire ur papa, do christians sacrifice humans regularly?
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by IprintMONEY: 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2021
PlayMaker14:
The way thunder destroyed mine grin
thunder destroy your mama toto in the next rain
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by PlayMaker14: 6:23pm On Jul 14, 2021
IprintMONEY:
thunder destroy your mama toto in the next rain
You're in serious pains. grin

1 Like

Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by IprintMONEY: 6:24pm On Jul 14, 2021
Komu1048:

The so called political elite doing everything to kill the tradition. Everything about them is politics, see how Obas( Ikeji Orisa) are now kidnapped as a child, Obas now turn to what courts decide.

The political Obas selected will be busy chasing contracts upandan and turn the throne to a joke.

Protect your tradition, protect your heritage, protect your pride omo Kaaro Ojire
they are proving to people that they traditionalist are scammers and have been scamming idiots for decades. let them send thunder to strike them na. idot like u
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by PlayMaker14: 6:39pm On Jul 14, 2021
murphyibiam15:

You have a worthless and useless dead father, no wonder u don't value people's father cheesy grin cheesy
Now I can feel your pains.... grin

1 Like

Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by theTranslator: 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2021
jackcanfield:
Anyway still reading IFA: A Forest of Mystery ...A very interesting book.

I pay my respect to the owner of Heaven and the spirits of the Earth
I pay my respect to the king of the World, He whom we praise first
As I give reverence to ÔrĂșnmĂŹlĂ , the Spirit of Destiny
I pay my respect to the sixteen wombs of the world
And their messenger
Whom we call the youngest one
The dearest one at the crossroads of the worlds,
Whom we call ÈáčŁĂč
I greet the powers of the East
I greet the powers of the West
I greet the powers of the South
I greet the powers of the North
I greet the king in the city of Love
I give homage to the winds in the invisible realms
I give homage to the owner of Earth
I who am just a child of mystery
I who am grateful
I give homage to the spirit of the Mountain
I give homage to the spirit of the Ocean
I give homage to Àkódà
I give homage to Àsedá
I give homage to the spirits that move the world
I give homage to the bones of my blood
I give reverence to the Oni of Ilé Ifɔ
For all that he represents in being the pillar
Between worlds
I give homage
I give respect
To my Fathers and Mothers
To the owner of Heaven and Earth
To my OrĂ­
I give homage to ÔrĂșnmĂŹlĂ , the spirit of Destiny
I give homage to IkĂș, the spirit of Death
I give homage to ÔnilĂ©, the owner of Earth
I give homage to ÌyĂ mĂ­ ÒáčŁĂČrɚngĂ , the Powerful One
And I pray that the power of the word
Will open the sixteen doors of creation
Wisely and gently
In humble love I give my words
To spread across the world
Gently and in dignity
May the words in this book
Bring honour to ÔrĂșnmĂŹlĂ 
And my family of IfĂĄ
Who are many
ÀáčŁáșč
Nicholaj de Mattos Frisvold
Awo BalogĂșn IfĂĄáčŁĂČtitọ ÔsÉłwalĂ© ÀgbefayÉ”lÉ”lÉ”
21st September 2014
I have the book
I'll start reading it now

Africa must awake

Check out my post on the first page
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by isaacprinz(m): 6:57pm On Jul 14, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Don't be a fool, the topic was modified by the Op....
#50 naira condom would have averted miscreants like you spits..
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by ThickSharon123(f): 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2021
Plead:

You don't seem to understand sarcasm or you're intellectually challenged. You seem to think you're smart but you're wrong, there's nothing I hate more than foolish people like your ilk trying to behave as if they're smart.
My posts so far are a mockery of people who always claim tradition/culture should be respected at all costs and shouldn't be set aside because of western values.
That was why I made reference to a supreme court judgement that women should be allowed to inherit properties in Igbo land only for said Igbos to start ranting that culture is culture and shouldn't be abolished. Or,when we say bride price should be abolished and it's proponents start arguing about how it is culture and shouldn't be set aside.
You'd never understand my point or where I'm trying to go with this because you lack the required mental and intellectual requisite to participate in this debate.

There's nothing sarcastic about that. Someone who knows less would think you're smart with the thing you said. Learn how to use caution when you are speaking.

1 Like

Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by AmazingELixir: 7:12pm On Jul 14, 2021
PlayMaker14:
You don't need to show me how daft you are....

The original topic has nothing to do with human sacrifice. It has been changed. The initial caption was just traditional practice.

So get lost.

So the reviewed topic also changed the content of the thread....or the old topic in anyway justifies your views on the harmful, inhuman and archaic traditional practices.

What is bad is bad no matter how you want to present it.
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by Ezelect: 7:49pm On Jul 14, 2021
Nkitara:
Yorubas are funny grin, are this the traditional rulers who ran away the day during protest grin grin
na dem, yeye people
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by mbaise1000: 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
duro4chang:
The original topic has nothing to do with human sacrifice. It has been changed. The initial caption was just traditional practice.

I was looking at the present topic and I felt you were talking on the present, since most of us may not have seen the original topic we are not wrong to assume that you are in support of killing human beings to bury dead ones or appeasing dead things with living things
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by duro4chang(m): 8:04pm On Jul 14, 2021
mbaise1000:
[color=#006600][/color]

I was looking at the present topic and I felt you were talking on the present, since most of us may not have seen the original topic we are not wrong to assume that you are in support of killing human beings to bury dead ones or appeasing dead things with living things
I am not in support of human sacrifice and will never. The caption and the contents of the original post have been altered. Human sacrifice was never mentioned anywhere in the original post. What we saw then was traditional practices.
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by Komu1048(m): 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2021
IprintMONEY:
they are proving to people that they traditionalist are scammers and have been scamming idiots for decades. let them send thunder to strike them na. idot like u

The traditionalist ain't scammers, the politicians that politicize the way Obas are selected are the ones to be blame. If they allow Ifa to decide who rules like the way tradition demands, and the rites are done adequately, the Obas will remain strong, powerful like they used to.

Can you compare the power Alaafin has compare to Onis own?

We need to go back to how we used to do things, then Yorubas Obas and his people will be powerful like they used to
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by Gfskw: 8:27pm On Jul 14, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by Coolgent(m): 8:33pm On Jul 14, 2021
DankemzI:
I'm proudly a traditionalist, I worship the gods of Mutanda
So you are supporting human sacrifice?
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by dragunov: 10:09pm On Jul 14, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Like I said, please don't mistake me for your dad.

Bros stop your broken record approach to this issue. The cintent of the write up is what matters and not necessarily the caption. The content made reference to human sacrifice being abolished and you are here trying to defend the savage custom.
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by PlayMaker14: 10:45pm On Jul 14, 2021
dragunov:

Bros stop your broken record approach to this issue. The cintent of the write up is what matters and not necessarily the caption. The content made reference to human sacrifice being abolished and you are here trying to defend the savage custom.
Please shut up.

The Op later modified it and included the sacrifice part, Human sacrifice was never mentioned anywhere in the original post. What we saw then was traditional practices. Stop being foolish.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by seeme2(f): 11:00pm On Jul 14, 2021
Shame on you and i am ashamed you are a member of my church. In your ignorance you interprete Amissa service as Ancestral Veneration. God rebuke you! And may God punish you for supporting evil. Oloriburuku.

PlayMaker14:
Trying to infringe on their Ancestral veneration as traditional worshippers is a silly thing to do.

This social intercourse among the worshippers and diety which the Ogun State Government considers fetish is also practiced by Celestial Church of Christ Members were most of the government officials do go for spiritual fortification.

In Celestial Church of Christ for example, they have this Ancestral veneration regarded as “Esin Amissa” or “Amissa Service” where they invoke the soul of the dead.

If the Celestial Church of Christ can go with this their Ancestral veneration uninterrupted, then, they should also allow the traditional worshippers.

Modified; The original topic has nothing to do with human sacrifice. It has been changed. The initial caption was just traditional practice.
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by superjab247: 11:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
theTranslator:
Our traditional practices must not be criminalized
As far as nobody's life is endangered
We should be able to worship our ÒrĂŹáčŁĂ 

Until Africans go back to thier roots and stop trying to be Europeans
Africa will remain backward

We should modify our ansestors practices not completely eliminate them

Africa is bad because we are living a false identity

Killing of people should be removed
But our culture must continue and flourish

Yoruba flourished when we were worshippers of orishĂĄ
We achieved so many feats that the "almighty" Europeans couldn't in the same time

Since the sudden taking up of the European's system Africa has been stagnant and retrogressive
Look at Ethiopia the most aged surviving black civilisation
Now ravished with war and tribal sentiments
I am not against the introduction of foreign civilisation
I am against the "sudden" introduction
Since the sudden taking up of the European's system we have been retrogressive

Look at Korea,Japan and China
The European civilisation came little by little not "suddenly"

Conclusion: Look inward not outward

disclaimer: this is what I feel
I do not claim to be an authority
I am very prone to mistakes

Nothing is good in our African tradition

Except colourful costumes
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by PlayMaker14: 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2021
seeme2:
Shame on you and i am ashamed you are a member of my church. In your ignorance you interprete Amissa service as Ancestral Veneration. God rebuke you! And may God punish you for supporting evil. Oloriburuku.

That God will punish you first for thinking I am one of your member.

Odé.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by castiello(m): 12:33am On Jul 15, 2021
Reason I can’t support their silly oduduwa republic it will be filled with ritualistic activities and human sacrifice Abeg make them park one side no Christian or Muslim should support oduduwa republic they are clamoring only to control dominate others who has a different religion from tradition
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by Ashirioluwa: 12:35am On Jul 15, 2021
They need to forget this old tradition of killing innocent individuals for sacrifice.

All these things doesn’t work anymore at this computer age where kidnappers are not afraid to kidnap obas or chiefs
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by Buckeyemedia1: 12:39am On Jul 15, 2021
Ashirioluwa:
They need to forget this old tradition of killing innocent individuals for sacrifice.

All these things doesn’t work anymore at this computer age where kidnappers are not afraid to kidnap obas or chiefs
These are the same people shouting Oduduwa? No wonder that fugitive on the run illiterate ethnic Secessionist had a voice.
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by Tundex911: 2:05am On Jul 15, 2021
E be thing

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: Don't Use Humans For Rituals - Ogun Assembly To Obas, Traditionalists by theTranslator: 2:21am On Jul 15, 2021
superjab247:

Nothing is good in our African tradition

Except colourful costumes
You suffer mental slavery

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu To APC SW Leaders: Please Don't Betray Tinubu / Even Hungry Dogs Will Reject Our Meals — Prison Inmates Lament / Army Orders 30 Units Of Locally Built Proforce MRAP, Foreign Customers Order 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.