Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,025 members, 7,863,689 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:47 PM

Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant (8053 Views)

Data Disproves Commissioner’s Claim That Lagos Is Africa’s 7th Largest Economy / Onanuga: S/Africa Has Worsening Insecurity Than Nigeria, Temper The Headlines / South West Governors And Ministers Visit Locations Destroyed In Lagos Riots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 17, 2021
There are some post colonial realities we'll just have to deal with as Africans, laced with democracy with its own short comings. Nigerians, it's been rough, but we're doing well grin

2 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 17, 2021
Nonymine:
There are some post colonial realities we'll just have to deal with as Africans, laced with democracy with its own short comings. Nigerians, it's been rough, but we're doing well grin
Doing well in which of these indices:

Road network
electricity
corruption
education
security
social security
sanitation
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 17, 2021
Nonymine:

You're repeating yourself man, mental health issues?
You choose to put your head in the sand like an ostrich, rather than address valid questions.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by descarado: 6:36am On Jul 17, 2021
DuwaRepublic:

Nah Nigeria has nothing to learn from this trash! Thank God we are Nigeria, we’ll deal with our own set of problems without the savagery and inhumane behaviour displayed by the South African masses
It is not a trash.
That is one of the best thing to come out of Africa.
Sorry to those who died but people's mindset are currently being reprogrammed that presidents can go to jail in Africa.
If another person is convicted to go to jail, nothing will happen.
Change come with very great sacrifice.
Docile Nigerians wil rather moan on the Internet and curse themselves if the ones who made their lives miserable are jailed yet they want change.
You guys are not serious

2 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by KaluwisxPRO: 6:38am On Jul 17, 2021
Rossinkipp:

What a load of absolute GARBAGE.

200+ people have been killed in rioting so far, and over 3,000 injured, with thousands of shops looted, malls burnt down, and business establishments ransacked, burnt and looted across the country, with police nowhere to be seen, and THIS proves South Africa is the ''greatest country in Africa''??

I think you're a complete idiot.

Of course it wasn't your business that was destroyed by violent mobs. Neither was it your bother or sister that was killed by mobs, which is why your head dreams up rubbish to post on Nairaland.

In a weekend In Nigeria, Boko Haram and Bandits, kill and kidnap more than that. And this is on a regular basis, for the past 8years. You really do not want to compare.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 17, 2021
Rossinkipp:

What a load of absolute GARBAGE.

200+ people have been killed in rioting so far, and over 3,000 injured, with thousands of shops looted, malls burnt down, and business establishments ransacked, burnt and looted across the country, with police nowhere to be seen, and THIS proves South Africa is the ''greatest country in Africa''??

I think you're a complete idiot.

Of course it wasn't your business that was destroyed by violent mobs. Neither was it your bother or sister that was killed by mobs, which is why your head dreams up rubbish to post on Nairaland.

Thank you for this. They have lost their senses. They just create anything and post . I thought I was going to read something meaningful as I saw the trend only for him to come up with rubbish as if he's dead to what's currently happening in SA

5 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Damisic: 6:40am On Jul 17, 2021
No country can endure what Nigeria has endured in the last 20 years and still call itself a country. That's what makes us a giant! Even the British attested to this.
leave them,asif they can suffer for 8yrs and still be smilling
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Ovamboland(m): 6:40am On Jul 17, 2021
Broveens42:

Bro looting is looting.. whether it was hoard or not.. that's the sad truth. But the point I was trying to make earlier is this; it's not a thing of skin colour. Other factors come into play like transfer of aggression which may be unconnected to the event.

It's just like those days some cheats will be revealed and you load up to 5k airtime. Is that not someone's business you are looting? grin

You don't reason like that ko

Don't mind the guy, like they were hoarding palliatives in all the malls that got looted. What of the numerous corner shops? Are those govt owned? The guy has no issues with stealing, that's it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by descarado: 6:44am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Nigeria has some of the brighest minds in the world, but also has the most corrupt politicians in the world. Don't use my criticism of corrupt politicians to conclude I have inferiority complex.

Which bright minds. Forget that hype to console ourselves.
Check IQ grading of countries and see where we are. That's why we feel inferior before whites and the rest of them instead of developing our land.
That's why we buy coffin worth millions to Bury a dead person.

Remind me what Queen Elizabeth's husband was buried in please? This my dear, is how people with bright mind reason. We behave like cowards trying to measure up against imaginary foes competing with us. The reason politicians steal billions in dollars and keep in foreign accounts

And no, don't blame the politicians cos if you find yourself in that position tomorrow, you will do the same or more.
That's how bright we are.

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 17, 2021
descarado:

Which bright minds. Forget that hype to console ourselves.
Check IQ grading of countries and see where we are. That's why we feel inferior before whites and the rest of them instead of developing our land.
That's why we buy coffin worth millions to Bury a dead person.

Remind me what Queen Elizabeth's husband was buried in please? This my dear, is how people with bright mind reason. We behave like cowards trying to measure up against imaginary foes competing with us. The reason politicians steal billions in dollars and keep in foreign accounts

And no, don't blame the politicians cos if you find yourself in that position tomorrow, you will do the same or more.
That's how bright we are.
I can never steal if I occupy public office. Steal to buy luxury cars like Dino Melaye or bullion vans like Tinubu to what end?

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Menace2Society(m): 6:58am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

The picture of Jacob Zuma being processed to his jail cell by female prison wardens makes my eyes watery that Africa will take it's place as a shining star in the world. South Africa has set an example for other African countries to follow.
This guy must be an IPOB
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 17, 2021
Menace2Society:
This guy must be an IPOB
What is IPOB?
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by ololo12: 7:09am On Jul 17, 2021
Ofcourse, South Africa will always be the giant of Africa. Sorry, Nigeria doesn’t even come to close. Will never be until they put their house in order. South Africa has stronger and credible institutions that act as check and balance to curb the excesses of any corrupt leader. You’ve seen it play out with Jacob Zuma being arrested for disobeying court order, now that’s a country that law works, and no matter how highly placed you are in the society, once you break the law. You must face the consequences. We both know if Zuma were to be a Nigerian president, arresting and prosecuting would not be a possible. Hopefully, Nigeria can learn from South Africa to build strong institutions. Throughout the riots, not one live ammunition was used by the police. It was rubber bullets. We all know if it happened in Nigeria, scores of people would have been killed with live ammunition by the killer and Bandit police. I’m glad I made the decision to relocate to South Africa. I’m fully integrated into the society and in just few years I’ll be a citizen

2 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by ololo12: 7:14am On Jul 17, 2021
Oh and yes, we will come out of this stronger.. My grouse now is stupid and racist Indian private security company killing black people in Phoenix, KZN. WhatsApp video making rounds shows these racist Indian private security guards attack black folks in the Phoenix area in collaboration with white folks.. Jaceblaze & TMKsouth.. Y’all heard any of that? Seen the videos making rounds on WhatsApp??
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by omoharry(f): 7:17am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:
Fantastically corrupt former President Jacob Zuma thought by instigating his supporters to cause havoc he will be released from his jail cell.

South Africa will emerge stronger from this and send a message to all citizens no one is above the law including the number one citizen.

South Africans united to irrespective of race-white,black,indian and asian to clean up the mess left by the Zuma mob who wanted corruption institutionalized through thuggery and brute force and create a nation where some people are above the law.

This is a lesson to Nigeria that has produced some of the most corrupt political leaders to ever walk the planet; that corruption can be fought holistically if you have strong state institutions.

TMKsouth
JaceBlaze
zhike
IronGalaxy
ololo12
Joziboi

South Africa will win the fight against corruption and be the big brother to inspire other African countries to build strong state institutions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkiqPq_EufA
Pls stop posting pictures of xenophobic people on a Nigeria forum . Pls Bleep off you bloody SA

2 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Mangekyo: 7:23am On Jul 17, 2021
So a country is the giant of a continent because their citizens are able unite to clean up their own shitty mess? Lmfao what a clown

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Mangekyo: 7:34am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

I love the country more than anyone in the 36 states. I just hate the fantastically corrupt politicians.

Very funny how you make it look as if your white owned South afric-tard isn't as corrupt.
Imagine losing 1.5trillion Rands, which is equivalent to 150BILLION USD, in JUST five years lmfao

3 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 17, 2021
This op and black SA, in general, are just too dumb for my liking or the average Nigerian at least, just look at how stupid his point sounds.

I'm not just throwing insults, but I believe Nigerians are intelligent higher breed of humans compared to black SA. In fact black SA are the most primitive and dumb set of people on earth. If you want to know the reason I made such claims please ask me WHY?

2 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by obaaderemi: 7:42am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Nigeria has some of the brighest minds in the world, but also has the most corrupt politicians in the world. Don't use my criticism of corrupt politicians to conclude I have inferiority complex.

How can a sane person praise South Africa where the people are rioting against the government for jailing a thief?
Even the police in South Africa are looting during the protests. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by obaaderemi: 7:44am On Jul 17, 2021
spendoon:
This op and black SA, in general, are just too dumb for my liking or the average Nigerian at least, just look at how stupid his point sounds.

I'm not just throwing insults, but I believe Nigerians are intelligent higher breed of humans compared to black SA. In fact black SA are the most primitive and dumb set of people on earth. If you want to know the reason I made such claims please ask me WHY?
You don't know this op.
He believes any foreigner is better than he is. His inferiority complex is very strong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Kondomatic(m): 7:47am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

South Africans united irrespective of race to clean up the damage done by the Zuma mob to protect vested interests of the fantastically corrupt.

They have proven state institutions are greater than any single individual.
Just keep quiet Akpai.

Those people that destroyed lives and properties are from where? Are they not South Africans? Are they not united in crime?

I have heard people say stuffs like "prepare for your grave" but I have not seen a person do it until your people started protesting. Stealing coffins upandan to make burial expenses less burdensome for their people. Very ingenious if you ask me.

Your people killed each other in hundreds, wounded each other in hundreds and destroyed and vandalized anything in sight but you want to drag Nigeria because of ordinary clean up?

Who was supposed to clean it up? The Pope?

It will take a sophisticated terrorist organization several months do to South Africa what South Africans did to her in a few days.

2 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by amc: 7:53am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

I love the country more than anyone in the 36 states. I just hate the fantastically corrupt politicians.

If Nigeria was working, Obasanjo and Jonathan should be in jail. But they are forming statesman and heroes all over the place.

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by babyfaceafrica: 7:55am On Jul 17, 2021
descarado:

It is not a trash.
That is one of the best thing to come out of Africa.
Sorry to those who died but people's mindset are currently being reprogrammed that presidents can go to jail in Africa.
If another person is convicted to go to jail, nothing will happen.
Change come with very great sacrifice.
Docile Nigerians wil rather moan on the Internet and curse themselves if the ones who made their lives miserable are jailed yet they want change.
You guys are not serious
The deaths in these riots are not sacrifice please, it is an unfortunate scenario

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by lkillbrokehoes: 7:56am On Jul 17, 2021
Mangekyo:

Very funny how you make it look as if your white owned South afric-tard isn't as corrupt.
Imagine losing 1.5trillion Rands, which is equivalent to 150BILLION USD, in JUST five years lmfao
Stop arguing with that lazy xenophobic zulu asslicker, I've noticed he's mentally deranged. just ignore him.

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by 7lives: 7:57am On Jul 17, 2021
Ever8090:
What I observed is that, there was no group to counter the other...

Yeah they all agreed to loot people's business.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by 7lives: 8:00am On Jul 17, 2021
DuwaRepublic:

Nah Nigeria has nothing to learn from this trash! Thank God we are Nigeria, we’ll deal with our own set of problems without the savagery and inhumane behaviour displayed by the South African masses

Haba?, South Africa is saner climes o. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by rottennaija(m): 8:02am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

I don't agree, France and England have experienced rioting and looting. This was a case of a principality of corruption instigating the poor and least educated to try and get him out of jail.

Even Pablo Escobar had people on his side when the government declared him wanted during his reign of terror.

They allow the looting to get out of control. It was not just looking, buildings were burnt witj people inside it. Businesses were destroyed completely, infrastructures as well. They allow it get to the level before responding and even till then, they still could not get it under control. The people stopped on they own after they basically destroyed the region and they was nothing to loot anymore.

This was a terrible failure of leadership.

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Mangekyo: 8:03am On Jul 17, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Stop arguing with that lazy xenophobic zulu boy, I've noticed he's mentally deranged. just ignore him.
The way he was displaying the screenshot showing how Nigeria lost 600billion to corruption since independence is annoying. Somehow his brain forgot south Africa also lost 1.5trillion in just five years to corruption and are pretty much still losing. So much for being deranged undecided. Thanks, I'll try as much as possible to start paying less attention to that his empty skull

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Mangekyo: 8:12am On Jul 17, 2021
rottennaija:

They allow the looting to get out of control. It was not just looking, buildings were burnt witj people inside it. Businesses were destroyed completely, infrastructures as well. They allow it get to the level before responding and even till then, they still could not get it under control. The people stopped on they own after they basically destroyed the region and they was nothing to loot anymore.

This was a terrible failure of leadership.

After all these, a nigga concluded they're the giant of Africa because a few of their citizens volunteered to clean of up their own mess, a clean up that still doesn't fix the damaged properties and brings back the dead and looted items grin
Maybe he was actually expecting nigerians or non other indegenes, who are currently battling with their own problems, to go clean up the mess for them grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by joyandfaith: 8:13am On Jul 17, 2021
obaaderemi:
Your threads shows you always believe foreigners are better than you because you are a Nigerian. That's inferiority complex.

It is not inferiority complex. Africa will develop if we are humble to accept that Caucasians and asians are better than us and willing to learn from them. We need strong institutions in Africa. I am happy south Africa is setting the pace. Granted , judiciary and police were in hurry to effect Zuma arrest. Security agents did not see it coming. Wrong intelligence!! But South Africa has passed a message to the world that nobody is greater than the Constitution. If this happens in Nigeria, Government will organize counter protests against pro-zuma protesters . Nigeria has weak institutions. Police seargant is even above the law. Any nurtw leader is above the law. Terrorist is above the law but agitators for self - determination are criminals . If we have strong institutions , we would not have like of Buhari as President- infamous Sharia and blood statements come to mind.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Broveens42(m): 8:13am On Jul 17, 2021
ololo12:
Ofcourse, South Africa will always be the giant of Africa. Sorry, Nigeria doesn’t even come to close. Will never be until they put their house in order. South Africa has stronger and credible institutions that act as check and balance to curb the excesses of any corrupt leader. You’ve seen it play out with Jacob Zuma being arrested for disobeying court order, now that’s a country that law works, and no matter how highly placed you are in the society, once you break the law. You must face the consequences. We both know if Zuma were to be a Nigerian president, arresting and prosecuting would not be a possible. Hopefully, Nigeria can learn from South Africa to build strong institutions. Throughout the riots, not one live ammunition was used by the police. It was rubber bullets. We all know if it happened in Nigeria, scores of people would have been killed with live ammunition by the killer and Bandit police. I’m glad I made the decision to relocate to South Africa. I’m fully integrated into the society and in just few years I’ll be a citizen

You just said it all. Nigerians are just jealous that a former president of their kind can be sent to jail. This has exposed the average mindset of Nigerians to always side with their oppressors/corrupt politicians
"I no know who cook this juju for us"

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by rottennaija(m): 8:39am On Jul 17, 2021
Mangekyo:

After all these, a nigga concluded they're the giant of Africa because a few of their citizens volunteered to clean of up their own mess, a clean up that still doesn't fix the damaged properties and brings back the dead and looted items grin
Maybe he was actually expecting nigerians or non other indegenes, who are currently battling with their own problems, to go clean up the mess for them grin

That's what Delusion leads to

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Ugwuanyi Inspects Ongoing Projects At ESUT Teaching Hospital / Obasanjo Celebrating The Fall Of Biafra At Uli Airstrip / 2023: My Re-election Means More Prosperity For Anambra North - Stella Oduah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.