Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,547 members, 7,861,592 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:07 PM

Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant (8044 Views)

Data Disproves Commissioner’s Claim That Lagos Is Africa’s 7th Largest Economy / Onanuga: S/Africa Has Worsening Insecurity Than Nigeria, Temper The Headlines / South West Governors And Ministers Visit Locations Destroyed In Lagos Riots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 3:45am On Jul 17, 2021
You think if those behind your unrest targeted your power stations, you'll be able to comment on nairaland? grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by lovelyefem(m): 3:46am On Jul 17, 2021
While I do not want to be confrontational, I still disagree with the OP.
The latent reason behind the jailing of Zuma is just to ridicule him, but the question is at what cost? Several people died, some are injured while several investment were destroyed all in the name of bringing an old man to book.

Will it not be better if all the monies he stole were investigated and recovered? If millions of dollars and properties were recovered from him and all the populace can see it then majority of the protesters would be reluctant to take to the street.

My view though.

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 3:46am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Which country can endure it's fantastically corrupt politicians lotting $600 billion dollars since 1960 to buy luxury cars,bullion vans, private jets and properties scattered around the world?
Corruption got you where you are and you're still quoting corruption in Nigeria? Are you thinking at all?

5 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 3:47am On Jul 17, 2021
lovelyefem:
While I do not want to be confrontational, I still disagree with the OP.
The latent reason behind the jailing of Zuma is just to ridicule him, but the question is at what cost? Several people died, some are injured while several investment were destroyed all in the name of bringing an old man to book.

Will it not be better if all the monies he stole were investigated and recovered? If millions of dollars and properties were recovered from him and all the populace can see it then majority of the protesters would be reluctant to take to the street.

My view though.
How has that worked in Nigeria not jailing the people that have looted $600 billion dollars since 1960?How was the Abacha loot and other recovered loot spent.

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 3:49am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

How has that worked in Nigeria not jailing the people that have looted $600 billion dollars since 1960?How was the Abacha loot and other recovered loot spent.
After you got democracy from your Masters, do you know how much was looted from your arms deal alone? From 94, and that's just the one we know grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 3:51am On Jul 17, 2021
Werey ti sa lo

3 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 3:53am On Jul 17, 2021
Nonymine:

After you got democracy from your Masters, do you know how much was looted from your arms deal? From 94, and that's just the one we know grin grin grin
Why are all Nigerian military general billionaires with houses in Dubai they bought from proceeds of their snake farm.

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 3:54am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Why are all Nigerians general billions with houses in Dubai they bought from proceeds of their snake farm.
you're still quoting corruption in Nigeria.. oga, you're very dumb

8 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 3:55am On Jul 17, 2021
Giant iranu wo. All these insults because we nor get stable light

2 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 4:03am On Jul 17, 2021
Nonymine:
you're still quoting corruption in Nigeria.. oga, you're very dumb
Corrupt South African politicians spend their money in Cape Town,Johanessburg,Durban and Pretoria.

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 4:18am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Corrupt South African politicians spend their money in Cape Town,Johanessburg,Durban and Pretoria.
That's your opinion and what they want you to think. The Gupta's are enjoying their proceeds in Dubai, other state actors have been initiated to this. Swiss accounts etc . You're still a child

What if your unrest is a smokescreen to buy time for those behind it to reunite with their loot abroad? Where there's a high propensity for witch hunting, people move money away lowkey

6 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 4:37am On Jul 17, 2021
Nonymine:

That's your opinion and what they want you to think. The Gupta's are enjoying their proceeds in Dubai, other state actors have been initiated to this. Swiss accounts etc . You're still a child

What if your unrest is a smokescreen to buy time for those behind it to reunite with their loot abroad? Where there's a high propensity for witch hunting, people move money away lowkey
South Africa is not like Nigerian were the popular lexicon witch hunting is used. It was Zuma that setup and inaugurated The State of Inquiry Into State Capture and fell on his own sword because of strong state institutions that are independent.

He thought he was untouchable, but underestimated how independent the South Africa judiciary was and has 15 months to think about his contempt for state institutions.

CC

TMKsouth
JaceBlaze
zhike
IronGalaxy
ololo12
Joziboi

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Capitalpunisher: 4:42am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

I love the country more than anyone in the 36 states. I just hate the fantastically corrupt politicians.
but you pretended that you didn't see the loosers mentality of the South African masses in looting the businesses of their people abd other fellow black men.

South Africa needs to be recolonized

8 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Broveens42(m): 4:42am On Jul 17, 2021
DuwaRepublic:

Nah Nigeria has nothing to learn from this trash! Thank God we are Nigeria, we’ll deal with our own set of problems without the savagery and inhumane behaviour displayed by the South African masses

Pride won't let you.
But I am impressed that a few(as expected) could not gag majority into submission.
This is one of the indices of a developed nation. Not like in Nigeria where a few take majority for a ride cool

2 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 4:47am On Jul 17, 2021
Broveens42:

Pride won't let you.
But I am impressed that a few(as expected) could not gag majority into submission.
This is one of the indices of a developed nation. Not like in Nigeria where a few take majority for a ride cool
Sad but true.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Broveens42(m): 4:52am On Jul 17, 2021
Nonymine:

You think all businesses can afford insurance? Your years of looting from foreigners set precedence to what you've just experienced and from the videos I've seen, it's clear how fragile your country is and how close you are to being a Zimbabwe v2. You should shut the hell up! Nigerians also cleaned Lagos after endsars protests and we didn't make a fuss about it

My bro you are well educated.
The idea is to test the strength of institutions.
It is not even about money lost.
Because I guess south is funded, there are also reserves.
If only we knew how much developed countries spend on nukes and missiles eeh, I guess we wouldn't preach to them on how those funds would solve poverty in their countries

2 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 4:55am On Jul 17, 2021
Capitalpunisher:
but you pretended that you didn't see the loosers mentality of the South African masses in looting the businesses of their people abd other fellow black men.

South Africa has made giants strides since Apartheid. Increased it's power capacity and slowly empowered the black middle and upper class. Do you know South African Airways was bought by a consortium of black capitalists.

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Broveens42(m): 5:02am On Jul 17, 2021
Capitalpunisher:

So who will recolonize some Americans who loot in the midst of crisis?

My brother, there is something we call opportunistic events. It has nothing to do with skin colour. It's just like a wave. Some are shy to show theirs(they can even partake in stolen goods while sitting tight at home), some are bold to come out, some cheer those who are bold to come out, while some are scared.
At the end, most people feel they are cheated by their government, even in developed nations and that is the only way to vent their anger even though the events may not be directly connected.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Broveens42(m): 5:03am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

South Africa has made giants strides since Apartheid. Increased it's power capacity and slowly empowered the black middle and upper class. Do you know South African Airways was bought by a consortium of black capitalists.

South Africa is doing well
No doubt
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Capitalpunisher: 5:06am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

hmmmm it hasn't gotten to chest beating. Iam talking about the quality of the mind of an average South African. Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa and that covers all that you just enunciated about South Africa but that's not my point.
My point is that South African masses are not reasoning the right way.
It's either they are fighting the foreigners or are looting their brothers business

7 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by SamPeeLamen(m): 5:11am On Jul 17, 2021
Nigeria is currupt, yes, but it's far from the most currupt country in Africa. as far as i'm bothererd, southy is as currupt as naija, SA just has a better organised currupt institutions . x

6 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Broveens42(m): 5:12am On Jul 17, 2021
SamPeeLamen:
Nigeria is currupt, yes, but it's far from the most currupt country in Africa. as far as i'm bothererd, southy is as currupt as naija, SA just has a better organised currupt institutions . x

Now you get the point.
Institutions make the difference.
There is no country on earth free from corruption

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by eastOFwest(m): 5:15am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:
Fantastically corrupt former President Jacob Zuma thought by instigating his supporters to cause havoc he will be released from his jail cell.

South Africa will emerge stronger from this and send a message to all citizens no one is above the law including the number one citizen.

South Africans united to irrespective of race-white,black,indian and asian to clean up the mess left by the Zuma mob who wanted corruption institutionalized through thuggery and brute force and create a nation where some people are above the law.

This is a lesson to Nigeria that has produced some of the most corrupt political leaders to ever walk the planet; that corruption can be fought holistically if you have strong state institutions.

TMKsouth
JaceBlaze
zhike
IronGalaxy
ololo12
Joziboi

South Africa will win the fight against corruption and be the big brother to inspire other African countries to build strong state institutions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkiqPq_EufA

Everything degenerates to tribal and ethnic level in. Something like this happening in Nigeria and certain tribes will be fingered and blamed. "They are jealous and want to destroy our town or region". We have a unique set of unsolvable problems in Nigeria. If our problem was just corruption (that is everywhere in this world) we would have been 1 million times better off.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Capitalpunisher: 5:15am On Jul 17, 2021
Broveens42:

So who will recolonize some Americans who loot in the midst of crisis?

My brother, there is something we call opportunistic events. It has nothing to do with skin colour. It's just like a wave. Some are shy to show theirs(they can even partake in stolen goods while sitting tight at home), some are bold to come out, some cheer those who are bold to come out, while some are scared.
At the end, most people feel they are cheated by their government, even in developed nations and that is the only way to vent their anger even though the events may not be directly connected.
sorry we don't reason like that in Nigeria. IMAGINE THE SUFFERING MASSES LOOTING THE BUSINESSES OF FELLOW SUFFERING MASSES. NO WE DON'T. If you remember the time of end sars in Nigeria. There were lootings, but it was the parliatives that were supposed to be distributed to the masses which the governors hoard that were looted. I applaud that act but not this one.

7 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Broveens42(m): 5:16am On Jul 17, 2021
eastOFwest:

Everything degenerates to tribal and ethnic level in. Something like this happening in Nigeria and certain tribes will be fingered and blamed. "They are jealous and want to destroy our town or region". We have a unique set of unsolvable problems in Nigeria. If our problem was just corruption (that is everywhere in this world) we would have been 1 million times better off.

Lol. You have a point.
To start with, we are not even a Nation
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 5:18am On Jul 17, 2021
SamPeeLamen:
South Africa corruption is different and most of the stolen wealth is spent in the country. They are able to maintain all the airports,electricity grid to provide 24 hour electricity, universities, maintain the road network. Unlike Nigerian that cannot maintain any of it's infrastructure.

4 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Broveens42(m): 5:19am On Jul 17, 2021
Capitalpunisher:
sorry we don't reason like that in Nigeria. IMAGINE THE SUFFERING MASSES LOOTING THE BUSINESSES OF FELLOW SUFFERING MASSES. NO WE DON'T. If you remember the time of end sars in Nigeria. There were lootings, but it was the parliatives that were supposed to be distributed to the masses which the governors hoard that were looted. I applaud that act but not this one.

You don't reason like that in Nigeria, yet you go tribal by blaming a certain tribe for looting instead of blaming yourselves as Nigerians. which is more callous?

2 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Capitalpunisher: 5:24am On Jul 17, 2021
Broveens42:

You don't reason like that in Nigeria, yet you go tribal by blaming a certain tribe for looting instead of blaming yourselves as Nigerians. which is more callous?
there was nothing tribal there because the looting happened every where there were hoardings

5 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Broveens42(m): 5:25am On Jul 17, 2021
Capitalpunisher:

Bro looting is looting.. whether it was hoard or not.. that's the sad truth. But the point I was trying to make earlier is this; it's not a thing of skin colour. Other factors come into play like transfer of aggression which may be unconnected to the event.

It's just like those days some cheats will be revealed and you load up to 5k airtime. Is that not someone's business you are looting? grin

You don't reason like that ko

2 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 5:27am On Jul 17, 2021
Broveens42:

Bro looting is looting.. whether it was hoard or not.. that's the sad truth. But the point I was trying to make earlier is this; it's not a thing of skin colour. Other factors come into play like transfer of aggression which may be unconnected to the event.

It's just like those days some cheats will be revealed and you load up to 5k airtime. Is that not someone's business you are looting? grin

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Capitalpunisher: 5:29am On Jul 17, 2021
Broveens42:

You don't reason like that ko
hmmmm
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by obaaderemi: 5:29am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

I love the country more than anyone in the 36 states. I just hate the fantastically corrupt politicians.
Your threads shows you always believe foreigners are better than you because you are a Nigerian. That's inferiority complex.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu In French Airport Admiring His $38 Million Falcon VP-CBT Private Jet / Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency / Breaking: Lagos, Kano Govts Agree On Economic Partnership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.