Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,562 members, 7,861,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:33 PM

Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant (8045 Views)

Data Disproves Commissioner’s Claim That Lagos Is Africa’s 7th Largest Economy / Onanuga: S/Africa Has Worsening Insecurity Than Nigeria, Temper The Headlines / South West Governors And Ministers Visit Locations Destroyed In Lagos Riots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Freelancer2020(m): 9:25am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

When will you stop your landlord from collecting 10% commission on taxes of 20 million people tphrough Alpha Beta?

What is this one even saying?

do you have sense and work at all?

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by azpekuliar: 9:28am On Jul 17, 2021
DuwaRepublic:

Nah Nigeria has nothing to learn from this trash! Thank God we are Nigeria, we’ll deal with our own set of problems without the savagery and inhumane behaviour displayed by the South African masses

Lol... we won’t deal with anything. Shut up and stop disgracing us the more please.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by descarado: 9:34am On Jul 17, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
The deaths in these riots are not sacrifice please, it is an unfortunate scenario
Study history of changes in various countries and empires.
Because ediouts will kill and loot,we won't implement change again?
Seriously?
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by descarado: 9:36am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

I can never steal if I occupy public office. Steal to buy luxury cars like Dino Melaye or bullion vans like Tinubu to what end?
Guy leave matter.
By the way, it's not only tinubu and Dino that have stolen.
In as much as I like that you call them out, extend that vigour to the rest.

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Callisto1(m): 9:36am On Jul 17, 2021
This article makes no sense. how do u define a giant?

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Mangekyo: 9:44am On Jul 17, 2021
Broveens42:

You just said it all. Nigerians are just jealous that a former president of their kind can be sent to jail. This has exposed the average mindset of Nigerians to always side with their oppressors/corrupt politicians
"I no know who cook this juju for us"

You SA-tards are so funny. Tell me is there any of your ex president that has been to jail before? Nigga this is the VERY first time your ex president is being sent to jail, don't make it look like you guys have been sending your previous corrupt ass president to jail before.
We will never be jealous of lazy people like you sorry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Broveens42(m): 9:59am On Jul 17, 2021
Mangekyo:

You SA-tards are so funny. Tell me is there any of your ex president that has been to jail before? Nigga this is the VERY first time your ex president is being sent to jail, don't make it look like you guys have been sending your previous corrupt ass president to jail before.
We will never be jealous of lazy people like you sorry.

I'm disappointed at your response. Same old Nigeria mentality. So because it's there first time, they ain't getting anything right?

When are we going to have our first time?

2 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Broveens42(m): 10:02am On Jul 17, 2021
Callisto1:
This article makes no sense. how do u define a giant?

You define a giant by comparing and contrasting..
Now do this comparison between Nigeria and south Africa on the following;

Education
Road quality/network
Electricity
Social welfare/insurance
Sanitation
Health/medical dpt
Etc

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Mangekyo: 10:05am On Jul 17, 2021
Broveens42:

I'm disappointed at your response. Same old Nigeria mentality. So because it's there first time, they ain't getting anything right?

When are we going to have our first time?

First time doesn't immediately make them corruption free. There are so many countries in Europe that have done it consecutive times, they've never claimed to be the giant of the world or mock Africans for not being like them.
Apparently, the SA-tards think they're now the giant of Africa for doing it for the very first time. The idiot even said we're jealous of them because of it, can you imagine grin what a clown undecided
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Broveens42(m): 10:08am On Jul 17, 2021
Mangekyo:

First time doesn't immediately make them corruption free. There are so many countries in Europe that have done it consecutive times, they've never claimed to be the giant of the world or mock Africans for not being like them.
Apparently, the SA-tards think they're now the giant of Africa for doing it for the very first time. The idiot even said we're jealous of them because of it, can you imagine grin what a clown undecided

Who says having strong institutions imply corrupt free?.
Please read and understand. The political will to prosecute untouchables is the difference between them and us. And south Africa has demonstrated that.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Mangekyo: 10:22am On Jul 17, 2021
Broveens42:

Who says having strong institutions imply corrupt free?.
Please read and understand. The political will to prosecute untouchables is the difference between them and us. And south Africa has demonstrated that.

ololo12:
South Africa has stronger and credible institutions that act as check and balance to curb the excesses of ANY corrupt leader. You’ve seen it play out with Jacob Zuma being arrested for disobeying court order, now that’s a country that law works, and no matter how highly placed you are in the society, once you break the law. You must face the consequences.

Mate learn to read. The kid clearly said "ANY" currupt will be arrested and brought to book. Zuma is the very first president that has been imprisoned. He said "ANY", are you now telling me that there haven't been any corrupt politician before in your country? If yeah then obviously the dude doesn't know what he's doing because there hasn't been any ex president that has been brought to book, Zuma is first. He should say "any corrupt politician or ex president" when it has been done consecutive times. This is the first time a thing like this is happening, you folks make it sound like you've been prosecuting your corrupt politicians before in the past. Also, I'm not saying it isn't a good thing, it is and we're definitely gonna learn from it. But it isn't something to brag about or say people are jealous of you because of it. Also a thing like that doesn't make one the giants of a continent

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Mangekyo: 10:30am On Jul 17, 2021
Broveens42:

Education
[s] Road quality/network
Electricity
Social welfare/insurance
Sanitation
Health/medical dpt[/s]
Etc

Average SA-tard thinking. Roads, insurance, electricity are developments and they dont make a country the giant of a continent. There are so many countries that are a lot more developed than UK, USA, France but still, they are nowhere near them when it comes to being the best in a continent or Europe . Countries like Norway, Sweden, Lithuania etc are more developed than UK but can you really compare them? Sit down kid. Nigeria is and will always be above you lots. Accept fact and stop being pained about it
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by obaaderemi: 11:12am On Jul 17, 2021
joyandfaith:

It is not inferiority complex. Africa will develop if we are humble to accept that Caucasians and asians are better than us and willing to learn from them. We need strong institutions in Africa. I am happy south Africa is setting the pace. Granted , judiciary and police were in hurry to effect Zuma arrest. Security agents did not see it coming. Wrong intelligence!! But South Africa has passed a message to the world that nobody is greater than the Constitution. If this happens in Nigeria, Government will organize counter protests against pro-zuma protesters . Nigeria has weak institutions. Police seargant is even above the law. Any nurtw leader is above the law. Terrorist is above the law but agitators for self - determination are criminals . If we have strong institutions , we would not have like of Buhari as President- infamous Sharia and blood statements come to mind.
If you believe an average whiteman is better than you because you are African, that's your thing not mine.

And I don't know what institutions you are talking about if rioters can just loot a place dry because a thief was jailed. The same Zuma who was known as a thief and a rapist before the 2009 election only for him to be acquited in a case that divided his own party. Institutions indeed.
We will learn from saner people not a place where xenophobia is seen as normal.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by J2381: 1:08pm On Jul 17, 2021
Rossinkipp:

What a load of absolute GARBAGE.

200+ people have been killed in rioting so far, and over 3,000 injured, with thousands of shops looted, malls burnt down, and business establishments ransacked, burnt and looted across the country, with police nowhere to be seen, and THIS proves South Africa is the ''greatest country in Africa''??

I think you're a complete idiot.

Of course it wasn't your business that was destroyed by violent mobs. Neither was it your bother or sister that was killed by mobs, which is why your head dreams up rubbish to post on Nairaland.

Nna men. Dis is harsh oh. Chai!!
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Broveens42(m): 1:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
Mangekyo:

Average SA-tard thinking. Roads, insurance, electricity are developments and they dont make a country the giant of a continent. There are so many countries that are a lot more developed than UK, USA, France but still, they are nowhere near them when it comes to being the best in a continent or Europe . Countries like Norway, Sweden, Lithuania etc are more developed than UK but can you really compare them? Sit down kid. Nigeria is and will always be above you lots. Accept fact and stop being pained about it

Stop giving me empty submissions by comparing already developed countries.
The argument is between which is a giant? Nigeria or south Africa according to my indices.

Now give me your own indices for adjudging Nigeria as the giant over south Africa

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by joyandfaith: 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2021
obaaderemi:
If you believe an average whiteman is better than you because you are African, that's your thing not mine.

And I don't know what institutions you are talking about if rioters can just loot a place dry because a thief was jailed. The same Zuma who was known as a thief and a rapist before the 2009 election only for him to be acquited in a case that divided his own party. Institutions indeed.
We will learn from saner people not a place where xenophobia is seen as normal.

You are not getting it. Society defines who you are . Caucasians, Asians and likes used to be like us. In the course of exploring the world, new thind were discovered and harnessed ideas from around the world to develop their countries . Rioting and looting are symptoms of injustice in the society. Rioters and looters are opportunists. Remember US BLM.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
Broveens42:

Education
Road quality/network
Electricity
Social welfare/insurance
Sanitation
Health/medical dpt
Etc

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by htdot: 1:40pm On Jul 17, 2021
Rossinkipp:

200+ people have been killed in rioting so far, and over 3,000 injured, with thousands of shops looted, malls burnt down, and business establishments ransacked, burnt and looted across the country, with police nowhere to be seen, and THIS proves South Africa is the ''greatest country in Africa''??

Of course it wasn't your business that was destroyed by violent mobs. Neither was it your bother or sister that was killed by mobs, which is why your head dreams up rubbish to post on Nairaland.

If you have the fact bang it or forever bang the table... al what he/she said is nothing but the truth.... riot and looting are bound to happen in a developed country.. countries like germany, usa and france have had their own... But it doesnt stop the law from taken its effect.... Nigerian law doesnt apply to the elite... Take it or leave it, for now southAfrica is the giant of black continent, until Nigeria put its house together...

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by obaaderemi: 1:46pm On Jul 17, 2021
joyandfaith:

You are not getting it. Society defines who you are . Caucasians, Asians and likes used to be like us. In the course of exploring the world, new thind were discovered and harnessed ideas from around the world to develop their countries . Rioting and looting are symptoms of injustice in the society. Rioters and looters are opportunists. Remember US BLM.
When it comes to social disturbances, South Africa is on another level. Remember the incessant xenophobic attacks.
And society can only define you if you let it. Individuals define themselves not society, in the real sense of it. If you think an average white person is above you all because of where they come from, so be it.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by obaaderemi: 1:47pm On Jul 17, 2021
joyandfaith:

When it comes to social disturbances, South Africa is on another level. Remember the incessant xenophobic attacks.
And society can only define you if you let it. Individuals define themselves not society, in the real sense of it. If you think an average white person is above you all because of where they come from, so be it. wink
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by htdot: 1:48pm On Jul 17, 2021
DuwaRepublic:

Nah Nigeria has nothing to learn from this trash! Thank God we are Nigeria, we’ll deal with our own set of problems without the savagery and inhumane behaviour displayed by the South African masses
You call that inhumane? What happen in 2011 just because an aspirant of a particular region lose an election? Doesnt bamboo and blood soaked? What then happened to the initiator of such statement: he is now a president of the "mocked" giant of africa..
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 17, 2021
htdot:
You call that inhumane? What happen in 2011 just because an aspirant of a particular region lose an election? Doesnt bamboo and blood soaked? What then happened to the initiator of such statement: he is now a president of the "mocked" giant of africa..
Real talk
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Mangekyo: 2:41pm On Jul 17, 2021
Broveens42:

Stop giving me empty submissions by comparing already developed countries.
The argument is between which is a giant? Nigeria or south Africa according to my indices.

Now give me your own indices for adjudging Nigeria as the giant over south Africa

I was giving you a comparison between developed countries?
Lmfao is SA developed? Empty skull.
SA is a developing country, same with Nigeria.
SA have better roads and electricity than Nigeria and some few developments more than Nigeria, but we beat you guys in almost every other thing.

You guys are independence, so Maybe try giving you country a name first grin
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2021
Mangekyo:

SA have better roads and electricity than Nigeria and some few developments more than Nigeria, but we beat you guys in almost every other thing.

Name the thing you beat South Africa in:

Sanitation
Airport
Road Network
Transportation
Good governance
Rule of Law
Fighting corruption
Electricity
Education
Police Welfare
Social security
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:
Fantastically corrupt former President Jacob Zuma thought by instigating his supporters to cause havoc he will be released from his jail cell.

South Africa will emerge stronger from this and send a message to all citizens no one is above the law including the number one citizen.

South Africans united to irrespective of race-white,black,indian and asian to clean up the mess left by the Zuma mob who wanted corruption institutionalized through thuggery and brute force and create a nation where some people are above the law.

This is a lesson to Nigeria that has produced some of the most corrupt political leaders to ever walk the planet; that corruption can be fought holistically if you have strong state institutions.

TMKsouth
JaceBlaze
zhike
IronGalaxy
ololo12
Joziboi

South Africa will win the fight against corruption and be the big brother to inspire other African countries to build strong state institutions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkiqPq_EufA
Rubbish Analysis
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 17, 2021
Frontail:
Rubbish Analysis

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Broveens42(m): 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2021
Mangekyo:

Please read before you comment.
I said stop making comparison of developed countries...
You cited some developed countries better than USA
And I'm saying we are arguing about which is giant of Africa or not..
Nigeria or south Africa.
I also requested to give me your indices for ajudging Nigeria the giant over south Africa, but you chose to display your ignorance here, typical of Nigeria's poor education system

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
obaaderemi:
How can a sane person praise South Africa where the people are rioting against the government for jailing a thief?
Even the police in South Africa are looting during the protests. grin grin
Nigerians are all prisoners in the country hijacked by the most corrupt politicians the world has produced at local,state and federal level.

South African legend Lucky Dube song applies to Nigerians living in slavery and bondage under their fantastically corrupt leaders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1bjgVGuSQo

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Mangekyo: 2:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Sanitation
Airport
Road Network
Transportation
Good governance
Rule of Law
Fighting corruption
Electricity
Education
Police Welfare

All these don't make a country the giant of a continent,kid.
Nigeria has a better economy. Nigeria beat you guys hands down when it comes to having artists who are international and internationally recognized. The nollywood is the biggest in Africa and one of the best in the world. Even the whites and citizens from other countries watch them, same with listening to our music's. Our sport teams are more internationally recognized, we always deal with you folks when we meet up.
You don't expect people from other countries to use your roads and electricity for you, do you? No. But whatever yoour country is known for by by every other country makes you more recognized and the giant hence of the continents. When someone here's of Nigeria, he easily thinks of their music, artists, movies etc because they've heard of them countless times. If the average USA citizen hears of South Africa, there's nothing good he can think of that's from your country. Maybe he would've praised the constant electricity you guys do have, but he's never been there before. Also, developments and other things do matter but they only matter a little.

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Okoroawusa: 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2021
Rossinkipp:

I couldn't have put it any better. He thought that we are fools.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2021
Mangekyo:

All these don't make a country the giant of a continent,kid.
Nigeria has a better economy. Nigeria beat you guys hands down when it comes to having artists who are international and internationally recognized. The nollywood is the biggest in Africa and one of the best in the world. Even the whites and citizens from other countries watch them, same with listening to our music's. Our sport teams are more internationally recognized, we always deal with you folks when we meet up.
You don't expect people from other countries to use your roads and electricity for you, do you? No. But whatever yoour country is known for by by every other country makes you more recognized and the giant hence of the continents. When someone here's of Nigeria, he easily thinks of their music, artists, movies etc because they've heard of them countless times. If the average USA citizen hears of South Africa, there's nothing good he can think of that's from your country. Maybe he would've praised the constant electricity you guys do have, but he's never been there before. Also, developments and other things do matter but they only matter a little.
Music and Nollywood is the only edge Nigeria has.

South African annual budget is over $100 billion dollars, while Nigeria annual budget is $25 billion dollars.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Mangekyo: 3:01pm On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Sanitation
Airport
Road Network
Transportation
Good governance
Rule of Law
Fighting corruption
Electricity
Education
Police Welfare
Social security

Also you should stop mentioning these trashs.i get south Africa do have them better than us but it's not like they're miles better. Ours are pretty okay to even tho your are just a little bit better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu In French Airport Admiring His $38 Million Falcon VP-CBT Private Jet / Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers / Trump Reacts To Biafra Visit On Twitter PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.