Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,518 members, 7,861,503 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:20 PM

Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant (8040 Views)

Data Disproves Commissioner’s Claim That Lagos Is Africa’s 7th Largest Economy / Onanuga: S/Africa Has Worsening Insecurity Than Nigeria, Temper The Headlines / South West Governors And Ministers Visit Locations Destroyed In Lagos Riots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 5:35am On Jul 17, 2021
obaaderemi:
Your threads shows you always believe foreigners are better than you because you are a Nigerian. That's inferiority complex.
Nigeria has some of the brighest minds in the world, but also has the most corrupt politicians in the world. Don't use my criticism of corrupt politicians to conclude I have inferiority complex.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by rottennaija(m): 5:35am On Jul 17, 2021
Rossinkipp:

What a load of absolute GARBAGE.

200+ people have been killed in rioting so far, and over 3,000 injured, with thousands of shops looted, malls burnt down, and business establishments ransacked, burnt and looted across the country, with police nowhere to be seen, and THIS proves South Africa is the ''greatest country in Africa''??

I think you're a complete idiot.

Of course it wasn't your business that was destroyed by violent mobs. Neither was it your bother or sister that was killed by mobs, which is why your head dreams up rubbish to post on Nairaland.

This was a failure of leadership of the highest order

3 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Ishilove: 5:42am On Jul 17, 2021
I have a relative, a young man who is brash, arrogant and very disrespectful to his family members. He has no respect for anyone, his parents included. Sometimes he even uses terrible words on his mother. He is always quarrelling with his family because of his rotten attitude. However, if any outsider dares abuse his mother in public, he goes for the offender's jugular. His point of view is he is the ONLY ONE who has a right to disrespect his mum, nobody else does.

This is the lesson I have learned from this thread.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 5:43am On Jul 17, 2021
rottennaija:

This was a failure of leadership of the highest order
I don't agree, France and England have experienced rioting and looting. This was a case of a principality of corruption instigating the poor and least educated to try and get him out of jail.

Even Pablo Escobar had people on his side when the government declared him wanted during his reign of terror.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by ProfAmaben(m): 5:49am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

South Africans united irrespective of race to clean up the damage done by the Zuma mob to protect vested interests of the fantastically corrupt.

They have proven state institutions are greater than any single individual.

You can say your rubbish without involving Nigeria. What indices do you use to proclaim one African giant? African giant that cannot do without the white man? South Africans are big fools, jealous and hate filled souls. Spits.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

South Africa has made giants strides since Apartheid. Increased it's power capacity and slowly empowered the black middle and upper class. Do you know South African Airways was bought by a consortium of black capitalists.
Black capitalists empowered via BEE?

3 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

South Africa is not like Nigerian were the popular lexicon witch hunting is used. It was Zuma that setup and inaugurated The State of Inquiry Into State Capture and fell on his own sword because of strong state institutions that are independent.

He thought he was untouchable, but underestimated how independent the South Africa judiciary was and has 15 months to think about his contempt for state institutions.

CC

TMKsouth
JaceBlaze
zhike
IronGalaxy
ololo12
Joziboi
And you think this is unique to SA,? I'm done! I don't have this energy this morning, but Bro I'm more educated than you are when it comes to this. No cap

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 5:54am On Jul 17, 2021
ProfAmaben:

You can say your rubbish without involving Nigeria. What indices do you use to proclaim one African giant? African giant that cannot do without the white man? South Africans are big fools, jealous and hate filled souls. Spits.
Who is building and maintaining the road network
Who is maintaining the airports
Who is building and maintaining the universities
Who is the judge that sent Jacob Zuma to jail
Who is building and maintaining the electricity grid and nuclear power stations

BLACK SOUTH AFRICANS

2 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 5:54am On Jul 17, 2021
Nonymine:

And you think this is unique to SA,? I'm done! I don't have this energy this morning, but Bro I'm more educated than you are when it comes to this. No cap
Lies!I have PHD in politics.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by SmartPolician: 5:56am On Jul 17, 2021
DuwaRepublic:

Nah Nigeria has nothing to learn from this trash! Thank God we are Nigeria, we’ll deal with our own set of problems without the savagery and inhumane behaviour displayed by the South African masses

Keep deceiving yourself, you hear?
Nigeria is utterly irredeemable!
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 5:57am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

South Africa has made giants strides since Apartheid. Increased it's power capacity and slowly empowered the black middle and upper class. Do you know South African Airways was bought by a consortium of black capitalists.
Even if you have the highest number of malls in the world, it won't fill the poverty vacuum that exists in the majority black SA. Your people have been made to be consumers, even residents of Soweto are happy that this looting happend. They see it as an opportunity to strengthen their township economy. My friend, this is a space Nigeria has perfected. A puff puff seller here can send her 4 children to school, I can't say the same for SA.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 17, 2021
Even Shoprite succumbed to the entrepreneurial prowess of Nigerians and sold their business to us. Who's the giant again?

6 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:01am On Jul 17, 2021
Nonymine:

Even if you have the highest number of malls in the world, it won't fill the poverty vacuum that exists in the majority black SA. Your people have been made to be consumers, even residents of Soweto are happy that this looting happend. They see it as an opportunity to strengthen their township economy. My friend, this is a space Nigeria has perfected. A puff puff seller here can send her 4 children to school, I can't say the same for SA.
What quality of schools though is the question. Do you know South Africa has a social security payment system for those in active employment if they were to get fired or laid off?
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Lies!I have PHD in politics.
I don't care if you're the God of politics, I've lived both the Nigerian and South African reality, that my friend, makes me more knowledgeable than you are. I'm back in my country, trust me.. after living in Ghana, Kenya and SA, I realised how powerful Nigeria is. Our problem is just governance and tribalism

5 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

What quality of schools though is the question. Do you know South Africa has a social security payment system for those in active employment if they were to get fired or laid off?
Your cut off has been adjusted to as low as 29%.. this protests alone shows your grants has not helped anyone. Try again

4 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 17, 2021
Nonymine:

I don't care if you're the God of politics, I've lived both the Nigerian and South African reality, that my friend, makes me more knowledgeable than you are. I'm back in my country, trust me.. after living in Ghana, Kenya and SA, I realised how powerful Nigeria is. Our problem is just governance and tribalism
When will IBB,Abdusalami,OBJ,GEJ,Buhari,Tinubu,Atiku,Saraki and thousands of fantastically corrupt politicians be processed by female prison wardens and sent to jail for corruption and looting billions of dollars like Jacob Zuma?

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:13am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

When will IBB,Abdusalami,OBJ,GEJ,Buhari,Tinubu,Atiku,Saraki and thousands of fantastically corrupt politicians be processed by female prison wardens and sent to jail for corruption and looting billions of dollars like Jacob Zuma?
You'd have saved billions of dollars in damages from this protests and managed investors confidence better, if y'all are smart enough to have handled this Zuma saga. You're in Africa my friend. I can tell you what SA will look like after all this mess, enjoy the stability for now. Zim was once powerful too grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:16am On Jul 17, 2021
Here's my opinion,

The unrests was perpetrated by Zuma loyalists and there's some tribal undertone somewhere in the mix. Most probably a smokescreen to something more sinister. Watch this space

4 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 17, 2021
Nonymine:

You'd have saved billions of dollars in damages from this protests and managed investors confidence better, if y'all are smart enough to have handled the Zuma saga. You're in Africa my friend. I can tell you what SA will look like after all this mess, enjoy the stability for now. Zim was once powerful too grin grin grin grin
You are short sighted and you claim you have a high I.Q; South Africa has saved billions of dollars long-term by showing corruption will not be tolerated .Unlike, the impunity in Nigeria that created free for all looting by the military and political class to the tune of $600 billions dollars since 1960.

What is a few billions lost to the potential billion in saving by setting a precedent that no one is above the law, unlike what obtains in Nigeria were 99% of corrupt politicians get away with their loot.

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

The west is more corrupt

3 Likes

RuudVanNisteroy:

You are short sighted and you claim you have a high I.Q; South Africa has saved billions of dollars long-term by showing corruption will not be tolerated .Unlike, the impunity in Nigeria that created free for all looting by the military and political class to the tune of $600 billions dollars since 1960.

What is a few billions lost, the the precedent you send by showing some people are above the law that obtains in Nigeria were 99% of corrupt politicians get away with their loot.

I don't repeat myself, in 2 years you'll reference my words on this thread

2 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by denko(m): 6:21am On Jul 17, 2021
Buhari is definitely going to jail, if he is still around till then.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 17, 2021
denko:
Buhari is definitely going to jail, if he is still around till then.
No he won't.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:23am On Jul 17, 2021
Our diversity is our strength, no other country would have kept if together till now. CI@, Moss#d have tried to break it and failed. So Na Nnamdi and ighoho go do am? Keep deceiving yourselves

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 17, 2021
Nonymine:

I don't repeat myself, in 2 years you'll reference my words on this thread
Corruption had been dealt a deadly blow and South Africa will remember this is what made them stronger and proper in the future.

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Corruption had been dealt a deadly blow and South Africa will remember this is what made them stronger and proper in the future.
Yimu

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Ovamboland(m): 6:26am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

How they all united irrespective of race against the mob sponsored by the principalities of corruption to clean the country. It is all symbolic they are united,despite divide and rule tactics by the fantastical corrupt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX2DKmu7nmY

You mean the millions of South Africans who participated in looting are also united against the mob? Have they returned their loot? What nonsense unity is that

2 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 17, 2021
Nonymine:

Yimu
How many of the culprits that have looted $600 billion dollars since 1960 have been held accountable, with the exception of the late Sani Abacha.

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 17, 2021
Ovamboland:

You mean the millions of South Africans who participated in looting are also united against the mob? Have they returned their loot? What nonsense unity is that
They have been going door to door to recover some of the looted items.

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

How many of the culprits that have looted $600 billion dollars since 1960 have been held accountable, with the exception of the late Sani Abacha.
You're repeating yourself man, mental health issues?

5 Likes

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Ovamboland(m): 6:29am On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Insurance will cover the expense for the looted items and damaged shops. This experience was needed to strengthen South Africa state institutions and ensure no man born of a woman is above the law.

Has the law caught all the looters? Or is looting and arson lawful in south Africa?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Was Traveling And Saw These Fulani Women / Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? / 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.