Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently (33483 Views)

How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? / American Girl That Speaks Yoruba Fluently / How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:28am On May 17, 2011
SEFAGO:

Yeah I knew about the Jewish merchants. Actually there is a place in the Caribs were a lot of the people are descendants of these merchants.   I was hoping no one would notice so that I could call someone stooooopid  grin. You are kind of disturbing my insults PhysicsMHD.

She is Jewish. Her name further confirms it. http://www.4crests.com/harshman-coat-of-arms.html

Maybe your friend was denying it?  grin

Nah she is Ok, yeah not physically attractive or anything but at least she can make pounded yam. That would do for most of us.

lol, ok. I believe that she's Jewish now. You're probably right.

And no, he wasn't even part Jewish. Of course maybe somewhere down the line, way way back. . .he could have a Jewish ancestor that he doesn't know about.

@ tom28, she does not look English. She's very Jewish looking.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 2:28am On May 17, 2011
tom28:

grin Those guys were just after the US visa.Get married to a white yankee girl and that gives you a free entry into the united states. grin.

abegabegabeg, save that one, they do the same thing to Nigerian girls.

The reason does not matter. It should just stop jare. Too creepy and uncouth. haba!

Nigerian men should learn how to properly court women.

SEFAGO:

Yeah but there are distinctive features. Ask PhysicsMHD because I am not gonna say them  cheesy. I am kind of PC.

Well still on the chat level. We havent gotten to the DNA part yet, but instead of going that far I would be a bit more direct and ask her.  grin

LOL Okies, waiting on her answer. Dont fail me cheesy
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 2:37am On May 17, 2011
kandiikane:

No but I wash others eyes grin

We have come to the mutual understanding that we cannot wash eachothers eyes because we have learnt how the other works. smiley
lol grin grin grin
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by SEFAGO(m): 2:38am On May 17, 2011
LOL Okies, waiting on her answer. Dont fail me

I have not yet reached that level sha, I have already asked her to marry me though already and she don accept.

Are you guys thinking what I am thinking about?

Yes OO GREENCARD!!!
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 2:41am On May 17, 2011
LOL ! cheesy "
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 2:43am On May 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

abegabegabeg, save that one, they do the same thing to Nigerian girls.

The reason does not matter. It should just stop jare. Too creepy and uncouth. haba!

Nigerian men should learn how to properly court women.

LOL Okies, waiting on her answer. Dont fail me cheesy
Would u expect an agbero(street tout) to treat a woman with respect?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 2:47am On May 17, 2011
tom28:

Would u expect an agbero(street tout) to treat a woman with respect?

No sir.

But then are you calling 90% of NIgerian men agberos? shocked

Anywaz, which one is my own sef lol.  cheesy
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 2:52am On May 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

No sir.

But then are you calling 90% of NIgerian men agberos? shocked

Anywaz, which one is my own sef lol. cheesy
My brother i am a nigerian man as well so it would be foolish saying majority of us are agberos.I only said those men harrasing the white girl on the street are probably agberos.No educated nigerian man would engage in such a behaviour.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 2:54am On May 17, 2011
tom28:

My brother i am a nigerian man as well so it would be foolish saying majority of us are agberos.I only said those men harrasing the white girl on the street are probably agberos.No educated nigerian man would engage in such a behaviour.

I understand your point, which is partially true.
But then you're overlooking my point which stated that Nigerian men also speak to Nigerian women in that manner.

Why?

Anywaz, I know how we Nigerians never change. We still use the same 1950 house structure/ design, why not continue with the 1950 mating courtship?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by SEFAGO(m): 2:55am On May 17, 2011
tom28:

Ileke-Idi (I know its hard to believe) is actually female.

But speak for yourself mate. I behave just like the men in that video and take the opportunity (If a woman has the misfortune of talking to me), to seek her hand in marriage.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 2:58am On May 17, 2011
SEFAGO:

Ileke-Idi (I know its hard to believe) is actually female.

But speak for yourself mate.[b] I behave just like the men [/b]in that video and take the opportunity (If a woman has the misfortune of talking to me), to seek her hand in marriage.

Wow, this hurts coming from you cry

No you dont. You're such a e-loser. L.O.L!
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 3:11am On May 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I understand your point, which is partially true.
But then you're overlooking my point which stated that Nigerian men also speak to Nigerian women in that manner.

Why?

Anywaz, I know how we Nigerians never change. We still use the same 1950 house structure/ design, why not continue with the 1950 mating courtship?
I get your point and yes some nigerian men act in a raw way but like i said before its men who have been ingrown in the street.Reminds me of a case i heard about a nigerian policeman who was sent here to the US for a training programme and he was accused of sexual harrasement by an american woman for handling her behind.By the way i remember tht few yrs back in Benin city touts in ring road were fond of hooting and bothering women passing by.I dont know how it is now if the present state govt has evecuated these touts from the road.Some nigerian men really need dating lessons on her to approach women.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by isalegan2: 3:41am On May 17, 2011
Lots of comments about men asking for her hand in marriage.  Nothing wrong with that.  You get a lot worse chat-up minding your own business walking anywhere in America, or in some parts of Lagos. lol.  I mean, proposing marriage to someone on the spot is about the best way to compliment them.  I myself am guilty of such a thing. cheesy  It's not only Naija men that do it.  Women and men that appear on television for even 15 seconds report getting marriage proposals from all sorts of people.

buzugee:

what are ya marcus garvey ? 'look for me in the whirlwind'  grin ill look for ya

cap28:

sup my man? 
i posted that comment before listening to the video and going through the comments, halfway through i saw your comment and isale gan's and i thought . . . 

E kaale o, my brother and my bruda!  Wey my brutha?  wink
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by SEFAGO(m): 8:37am On May 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Wow, this hurts coming from you cry

No you dont. You're such a e-loser. L.O.L!

kiss kiss kiss, Everyone on NL has seen your massive b/oo/bs so you know I am kidding.

Also, she's a bit ugly (in my opinion). When I saw her face, the last thing I expected was to find out that anyone was hitting on her.

Just watched the video, yeah I gotta reluctantly agree with you on this one.

I only saw her pic on linkedin.com which was not that bad

PS: At the rate she is going, with her interest in Nigeria, she is gonna find Nairaland and be reading all this comments about her looks  grin

As for Ileke-Idi's comment actually white girls being chased about is pretty common and these girls are aware of it. Know a lot of girls who studied abroad (Middle East/Latin America/Africa) in a non-white and even some East European countries always complained about being chased and harassed. At least these men did not harass them or try to follow her home.

Kudos to these Nigerian men for being polite. In other countries their would have been attempts to grab her over-curious butt  grin
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by SEFAGO(m): 8:50am On May 17, 2011
And she keeps saying "Ahhn" in such a weak way and tries to mimic Yoruba body language, but sometimes it comes off as well just what it is photocopy.

Cpuld someone play 9ice's photocopy ko easy for this girl

Her Yoruba is fluent in the sense that she knows what words to use, but her accent sounds kind of weird.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by zstranger: 9:27am On May 17, 2011
Titilayo "oyinbo" iyawo Femi, this is for you.

Photocopy Ko easy:

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l038_GBnUlc?fs=1&hl=en_US[/b][/flash]

I am like a tanwingin, and I go spread over you like a disease, Titi

If I no lick your puccy, you know you are missin. . . grin
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by zstranger: 9:37am On May 17, 2011
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyvRZcN4RY0?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

Titilayo, je ka mafera wa.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by zstranger: 9:43am On May 17, 2011
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAgdxUcdFx0?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

Tpiah dey jelosi me and Titilayo

Hey Tpiah, As I was walking down the street of Lagos State

Mo ri sisi kan to re wa to tun lapon. . .

O ni Zstarnger, so o wa

Mo oni Titilayo mo wa . . .

Tpiah, stop jelosing me and Titilayo!
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by fetamy: 1:58pm On May 17, 2011
I like that smiley
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 17, 2011
Titilayo is as fluent as Christy Essien Igbokwe. Love this song tho. kiss kiss

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDrApu9APBk?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by armyofone(m): 3:02pm On May 17, 2011
agbegilodo !!

agbegilodooooooooooooooooo!!

ileke idi, o ti pe ti pe ti mo wa e!!

yeye, ni bo lo waaaa?

girl, whatsup? summer is coming. i'm gonna invite you to our Brick FEST cheesy

I envy Titilayo. the gal try no be small.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 17, 2011
armyofone:

agbegilodo !!

agbegilodooooooooooooooooo!!

ileke idi, o ti pe ti pe ti mo wa e!!

yeye, ni bo lo waaaa?

girl, whatsup? summer is coming. i'm gonna invite you to our Brick FEST cheesy

I envy Titilayo. the gal try no be small.

Ni bo ni mo wa ke?

Na here I dey jare. How far? kiss kiss

LOL Which one is Brick Fest? I was just got invited to Nigeria Student's 15th Reunion in Orlando, I am def going. Just 2 hrs drive from me. cheesy Why dont you leave your ogbona soup and ponmo, follow me. I heard it's going to be fun.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 4:58pm On May 17, 2011
I also envy titilayo for snatching a hotcake like fstranger.

Poor me- why this guy no dey gree for me nah. Am i that ugly or is it the dental issue.

Anyway, those are nice songs, will check them out sometime, and hopefully fstranger can be the dj at titilayo's wedding to her cool igbo guy.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Kenyanstar: 4:19pm On May 18, 2011
East African men and particularly Kenyan men are by far the most admired of native africans. I find it odd that comparisons brought forward by some people perpetuating that compared to Nigerians the allure that a Kenyan can emanate in front of your girls will sure ensnare them to us. We are just that good, the best if you might say,
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 18, 2011
Kenyanstar:

East African men and particularly Kenyan men are by far the most admired of native africans. I find it odd that comparisons brought forward by some people perpetuating that compared to Nigerians the allure that a Kenyan can emanate in front of your girls will sure ensnare them to us. We are just that good, the best if you might say,
why?? because obama is from kenya undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
gtfoh with ur crazy long legs, and go chase a dog, betta still run a 1000meter race,
she learning a nigerian language, and your here, talking bout kenya?? are we chasing chicken here? grin grin grin
how many ppl here have been to kenya tho?? i heard kunta kunte is from there, how true is that?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 5:01pm On May 18, 2011
Btw there are about 5 or 7 people in that group, so its not just the girl alone. She's popular because she opened a blog, that's all.

And they're students at the university of wisconsin, not ucal as people originally stated.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 5:03pm On May 18, 2011
@ kenyanlady

i dont believe there's a problem, unless you actually dont know much about kenya.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 9:34pm On May 18, 2011
@ topic

all the major talkers on the thread have vanished?

busy cooking up more scams?

even the op sef is nowhere to be found.

cowardly wannabe lions. undecided
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by ektbear: 9:48pm On May 18, 2011
rofl @ fstranger's video posts
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by ektbear: 9:51pm On May 18, 2011
Kenyanstar:

All of this is news to me
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 10:23pm On May 18, 2011
From this thread, one can safely deduce many nlers have never met a white person who can speak a nigerian language.

This is why it's important to go to a good school in nigeria, because foreign exchange students arent a rarity in some, and we should be beyond this level of staring with mouths agape like street hawkers, anytime we see white people.

Very embarassing but quite understandable given the high level of poverty in nigeria.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by ektbear: 10:26pm On May 18, 2011
^-- Not everyone is an ajebutter like you, tpiah

Some of us have humble origins, and were not born into the lap of luxury

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

A Brief History Of Ikwerre.(port Harcourt) / Emir Sanusi's Kano Emirate Admits Spending N3.4 Billion / Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives