Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,507 members, 7,770,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:25 AM

Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently (33329 Views)

How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? / American Girl That Speaks Yoruba Fluently / How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 5:58pm On May 16, 2011
^^ you sound suspiciously like kb1.

hmm.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by kandiikane(m): 5:59pm On May 16, 2011
Rgp92:

Dont generalize please!! angry angry
Nigerian men are liars and pretenders cool
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 16, 2011
Nigerians are really stu-pid people and they think disliking anything white means they're not dealing with inferiority complex.

They're never happy with anything, no sense of comending anyone.

75% of the people posting here can hardly speak correct English. They were brought up in a country where one of the official language is English, yet they can't speak it. Even our first lady cant speak English with her Igbotic EngRish.

The girl studied hard, tried hard to learn another language and she succeeded. How easy is it to learn a new language? Psychologically, at the after the age of 10, it's not so easy to learn a new language.

These same garbage Nigerians would be impressed anytime they meet a Nigerian that can speak French, German, Spanish etc. Why? Because to learn a new language so fluently is not so easy. It takes hard work and determination. It takes months of practice, learning new words, syntax, phonemes, and structuring those words together in a sensible sentence is not easy either. And to make it harder, speaking those words in their correct accent.

Nigerians will continue to deal with inferiority complex. A while ago, Igbos were congratulating themselves because of their ability to speak more than one languages, Hausas fro speaking Yoruba, and Yorubas for speaking Hausa. Now a white woman does the same thing and they're saying "so what"?

So you think congratulating the woman means you're dealing with IC? What about abusing her just because she's white? You guys have your mentality displaced.

Why not speak correct English before bashing another person for learning a language she was not born around? Shameless people.

+1
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 16, 2011
kandiikane:

Yes, any man can lie and pretend just like there are good looking men everywhere and Nigerian men I believe are the biggest liars and pretenders.
Pray your nigerian boyfriend is not an igbo man otherwise he might smack ya fat ikebe really hard for sterotyping us nigerian bobos cheesy cheesy
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Tokotaya: 9:16pm On May 16, 2011
This baba try o. She even knows ori e fonka sibe. Lol
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 16, 2011
tpia@:

^^ you sound suspiciously like kb1.

hmm.
Don't even know who that is,
But that is most definitely the vibe y'all are giving off in the thread.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by africhika(f): 10:20pm On May 16, 2011
queensmith on: May 14, 2011, 11:47 AM:
her name is titilayo- so im guessing shes nigerian. the only thing that makes it a big deal to me is if she was born and bred abroad. Unfortunately parents dont feel the need to teach thier children yoruba. . . . . well done titi

no she's not nigerian. she was born and bred in USA. she studied yoruba classes and journalism in college. she chose yoruba out of her interest in african studies. she chose the name titilayo. her real name is cara harshman. i give her kudos for her zeal to learn about africa in a world that constantly degrades anything african

Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 16, 2011
africhika:

no she's not nigerian. she was born and bred in USA. she studied yoruba classes and journalism in college. she chose yoruba out of her interest in african studies. she chose the name titilayo. her real name is cara harshman. i give her kudos for her zeal to learn about africa in a world that constantly degrades anything african

Lol she has fangs for teeth grin
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 10:55pm On May 16, 2011
Its quite possible she's not telling the whole story and she might have some history in nigeria through her ancestors.

As in, she may have ancestors who lived in nigeria ages or centuries ago.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 16, 2011
tpia@:

Its quite possible she's not telling the whole story and she might have some history in nigeria through her ancestors.

As in, she may have ancestors who lived in nigeria ages or centuries ago.
Ancestors in nigeria??
The only white ancestors she might have in nigeria were the ones who were selling africans as slaves to the new world
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 16, 2011
^^ The way you put it, makes it sound like you're also blaming her for slave-trade.
It's funny that those same slaves are now well-to-do basketball players, etc
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 11:57pm On May 16, 2011
Tom28

the colonial whites who left after independence.

Just guessing.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 16, 2011
mufuckin nigerians already blaming the poor girl, for choosing to learn about a culture that is totally downgradedd??
gah damn, can yall mofos have a better life than this, fucccking ignorant no good doers, set of ppl, life is not with yall, it left some of you years ago, Thank GOD for oxygen
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 12:09am On May 17, 2011
^^Tell dem
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 12:24am On May 17, 2011
2buff:

^^ The way you put it, makes it sound like you're also blaming her for slave-trade.
Not at all i am not blaming her for the slave.Tpia was saying she might have had ancestors in nigeria and i just replied that if that was true then it was probably her ancestors were slave traders.Its a fact that most europeans only came to africa at that period for slaves.Anyway thts off topic.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 12:26am On May 17, 2011
2buff:

And its great they are basket ball players and rich movie stars.Thats America for you cheesy a place you can make your dollars
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 12:27am On May 17, 2011
Tom28

not as far back as that.

A lot of whites left nigeria after independence.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 12:28am On May 17, 2011
Donlittle:

mufuckin nigerians already blaming the poor girl, for choosing to learn about a culture that is totally downgradedd??
gah damn, can yall mofos have a better life than this, fucccking ignorant no good doers, set of ppl, life is not with yall, it left some of you years ago, Thank GOD for oxygen
Why are you busting a blood vessel over her?
Is she your girlfriend?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 12:31am On May 17, 2011
tpia@:

Tom28

not as far back as that.

A few more also remained after indenpendence
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by kandiikane(m): 1:50am On May 17, 2011
Tom28, I thank God, he is yoruba? tongue

I know how to deal with Nigerian men, I wash their eyes before they try and wash mine. cool
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by SEFAGO(m): 1:56am On May 17, 2011
U guys are stooopid.

Cant you see her features. She is Jewish, probably closer in genetic similarity to the ibo. Na everyone be oyibo to u guys sef  undecided. How are her ancestors slave traders?

Anyways in the spirit of all creepy Yoruba men, I have friended her on facebook. Would tell you guys whats up later  cool.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by SEFAGO(m): 2:00am On May 17, 2011
tom28:

A few more also remained after indenpendence

Sttooooooopid. We were colonized by the brits. If she was gonna be european she would be likely brit. Does she look british to you?

tpia@:

Tom28

not as far back as that.

Even though you are my wife you are also stooooooooooooooooopid. She has ancestors in Nigeria undecided

Man so many stooopid people on NL.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 2:03am On May 17, 2011
First day of meeting:

Nigerian men : I'm sure I know you from somewhere. I love you. I want to marry you. Let us make babies together.

Creeps. They never change.

Even the girl was saying every man she met wanted to marry her. cheii!
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:04am On May 17, 2011
SEFAGO:

U guys are stooopid.

Cant you see her features. She is Jewish, probably closer in genetic similarity to the ibo. Na everyone be oyibo to u guys sef  undecided. How are her ancestors slave traders?

Anyways in the spirit of all creepy Yoruba men, I have friended her on facebook. Would tell you guys whats up later  cool.

Some Jews were slave merchants during the transatlantic slave trade.

And I'm not sure she's necessarily Jewish. (Maybe you're assuming she is because of her nose and hair color?).  I had a friend in high school who everybody thought looked Jewish, but it turned out he wasn't.

Also, she's a bit ugly (in my opinion). When I saw her face, the last thing I expected was to find out that anyone was hitting on her.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 2:05am On May 17, 2011
SEFAGO:

U guys are stooopid.

Her features.

I'm not sure if she's white or not, but I've seen many white chicks that looks like that.

Why dont you ask her for her DNA sample on FB, make we get down to the koko of this matter.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by SEFAGO(m): 2:13am On May 17, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Some Jews were slave merchants during the transatlantic slave trade.

And I'm not sure she's necessarily Jewish. (Maybe you're assuming she is because of her nose and hair color?).  I had a friend in high school who everybody thought looked Jewish, but it turned out he wasn't.

Also, she's a bit ugly (in my opinion). When I saw her face, the last thing I expected was to find out that anyone was hitting on her.

Yeah I knew about the Jewish merchants. Actually there is a place in the Caribs were a lot of the people are descendants of these merchants. I was hoping no one would notice so that I could call someone stooooopid grin. You are kind of disturbing my insults PhysicsMHD.

She is Jewish. Her name further confirms it. http://www.4crests.com/harshman-coat-of-arms.html

Maybe your friend was denying it? grin

Nah she is Ok, yeah not physically attractive or anything but at least she can make pounded yam. That would do for most of us.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 2:18am On May 17, 2011
Sefago,that white lady looks very much like an English girl.take for example she has a set of buck teeth and british women are known for having buck teeth.Could be her ancestors came from England and nope she does not look Jewish.So its obvious u are the one who is stupid cheesy
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by SEFAGO(m): 2:19am On May 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Her features.

I'm not sure if she's white or not, but I've seen many white chicks that looks like that.

Why dont you ask her for her DNA sample on FB, make we get down to the koko of this matter.

Yeah but there are distinctive features. Ask PhysicsMHD because I am not gonna say them  cheesy. I am kind of PC.

Well still on the chat level. We havent gotten to the DNA part yet, but instead of going that far I would be a bit more direct and ask her.  grin
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 2:22am On May 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

First day of meeting:

Nigerian men : I'm sure I know you from somewhere. I love you. I want to marry you. Let us make babies together.

Creeps. They never change.

Even the girl was saying every man she met wanted to marry her. cheii!
grin Those guys were just after the US visa.Get married to a white yankee girl and that gives you a free entry into the united states. grin.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 2:26am On May 17, 2011
kandiikane:

Tom28, I thank God, he is yoruba? tongue

I know how to deal with Nigerian men, I wash their eyes before they try and wash mine. cool
Tell me something , wink wink do u wash his eyes with pepper when he pisses you off? cheesy
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by kandiikane(m): 2:27am On May 17, 2011
No but I wash others eyes grin

We have come to the mutual understanding that we cannot wash eachothers eyes because we have learnt how the other works. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

A Brief History Of Ikwerre.(port Harcourt) / Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives / "Amebo" In Nigeria Parlance: Its Origin And Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.