Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:14 AM

Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently (33324 Views)

How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? / American Girl That Speaks Yoruba Fluently / How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 8:08pm On May 15, 2011
Princek12:

tpia

many people are misinterpreting what those men are saying. The men said, "mo fe fe oo." That could mean either I want to date you, I want to phuck you, or I want to marry you. It most likely that first two.

^^still not an expected response to "good morning".
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Princek12(m): 8:17pm On May 15, 2011
tpia@:

^^still not an expected response to "good morning".

why not? Who are you to control when men holla at a girl? Most guys in every race in any country will  probably holla at a girl when the opportunity presents itself, whether she says good morning or not. A fine girl could step out of her house in the morning and guys will holla at her. The girls in these forum are probably just jealous that guys don't flirt with them like that.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 8:25pm On May 15, 2011
@SEFAGO, lol, i like kenpachi but Byakuya is my fave taichou. Zaraki next, then Kyouraku and Ukitake. Since. however, i don't think byakuya's name is as cool as his zanpakutou's. So its my moniker on a number of sites smiley .

@ Kravitz, nah, am completely omo naija, or part Italian by association and future naturalization. Lol@ speaking italiano due to excessive shopping
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by kandiikane(m): 8:28pm On May 15, 2011
lol@princek12, but you have to understand men will holla at anything with a hole. So I do not think n/l girls are jealous.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Rgp92: 8:40pm On May 15, 2011
kandiikane:

lol@princek12, but you have to understand men will holla at anything with a hole. So I do not think n/l girls are jealous.

tanned Albino hahahaha grin grin grin grin
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Princek12(m): 8:44pm On May 15, 2011
kandiikane:

But NL girls are making it seem like it is something strange because the guys holla'd at her. The guys are just being flirtatious and probably want to chop the girl, which is a common occurrence everywhere. They are also misinterpreting their holla as marriage proposal, some even dubbing it as instant marriage.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by zstranger: 8:46pm On May 15, 2011
You all should listen to this and repent:

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mWPJn2ev7M?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

Tpia, what do you think of this video?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by kandiikane(m): 8:47pm On May 15, 2011
@princek12. Well I do not think that should be a surprise to you because bush men tend to ask  white women for hand in marriage when they seen them because they think them might have a chance to go abroad.

Rgp92:

tanned Albino hahahaha  grin grin grin grin

cool cool
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Princek12(m): 8:54pm On May 15, 2011
kandiikane:

@princek12. Well I do not think that should be a surprise to you because bush men tend to ask  white women for hand in marriage when they seen them because they think them might have a chance to go abroad.

cool cool

I guess we just have a difference of opinion. I think those guys are just saying they want to date or chop her, and most likely did not want to wife her. But again, it is also a possibility that they meant that they wanted to wife her--which I doubt.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Jenifa1: 9:16pm On May 15, 2011
@princek12,

when you have your own children born and raised in the US, come back and report to us how great their yoruba skills are and how well you have taught them. how about that?
until then, this case is closed.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Princek12(m): 9:45pm On May 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

@princek12,

when you have your own children born and raised in the US, come back and report to us how great their yoruba skills are and how well you have taught them. how about that?
until then, this case is closed.

My cousins are a prime example. Their Yoruba skills are awesome. Not everyone suffers from inferiority complex; it is just that too many Nigerians suffer from inferiority complex.

It is not rocket science. All the parents have to do is speak ONLY the native language at home, and take the children around people who speak the native language. Again my point is really directed at parents who take affirmative steps not to speak the native language because of inferiority complex reasons, such as the erroneous reasoning that being bilingual will affect the child's ability to learn English.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by 9ja4eva: 2:46am On May 16, 2011
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 4:34am On May 16, 2011
PrinceK12

manners are important when you're talking of first impressions.

The lady didnt meet them in a night club or brothel did she?

Basic courtesy is a staple of yoruba culture. These agbero tout attitudes does nobody any good.

In the west that constitutes harassment.

Stop encouraging your brothers to do things that will make them unable to cope with the real world.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Jenifa1: 4:44am On May 16, 2011
Princek12:

My cousins are a prime example. Their Yoruba skills are awesome. Not everyone suffers from inferiority complex; it is just that too many Nigerians suffer from inferiority complex.

It is not rocket science. All the parents have to do is speak ONLY the native language at home, and take the children around people who speak the native language. Again my point is really directed at parents who take affirmative steps not to speak the native language because of inferiority complex reasons, such as the erroneous reasoning that being bilingual will affect the child's ability to learn English.

alright good for you and your cousins.
the only inferiority complex i see in this case is yours. judging by your reaction to seeing an oyinbo speaking yoruba.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 4:55am On May 16, 2011
Damn. Would be nice to get to know that girl cheesy
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 6:07am On May 16, 2011
^^i do check out your profile pictures once in a while and i wanted to let you know i offer invisible and inaudible prayers for you sometimes.

do you watch mount zion movies?

it shall be well with your soul.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 6:14am On May 16, 2011
^^ thanks Tpiah. Just so you know, a picture does not always reflect the real thing. It's all about anonimity on NL.
That was a costume party, not "everyday life".

There's also nothing wrong with a bachelor wanting to get to know a lady. You are I would have never had parents if that didn't happen at some point.

And Mount Zion movies rock  cheesy
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 6:15am On May 16, 2011
^^hmm.

i'll still go with my original statement. wink
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 6:18am On May 16, 2011
There's also nothing wrong with a bachelor wanting to get to know a lady. You are I would have never had parents if that didn't happen at some point.

manners are important else we'd all be swinging from trees.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by zstranger: 6:18am On May 16, 2011
^^^

Do you pray for me?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 6:22am On May 16, 2011
^yes, i pray every day that you'll give a yoruba, black, nigerian girl a chance to be your girlfriend.

you wish.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 6:25am On May 16, 2011
tpia@:

manners are important else we'd all be swinging from trees.

I agree. But it seems my codex of good manners seems to be outdated and might need to be updated.  cheesy
I didn't know "I'd like to get to know that girl" connoted bad manners. These ever-changing social definitions sef.

How's a man to keep up?  smiley
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 6:33am On May 16, 2011
^^correction:

as princeK12 pointed out, there are three ways to interpret what was said.

1. i want to date you

2. i want to sex you

3. i want to marry you.

and like I said, none is an appropriate response to "hello" unless you're in a nightclub or brothel.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 6:44am On May 16, 2011
lil sumpn sumpn to help you folks out:

Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 6:47am On May 16, 2011
tpia@:

^^correction:

as princeK12 pointed out, there are three ways to interpret what was said.

1. i want to date you

2. i want to sex you

3. i want to marry you.

and like I said, none is an appropriate response to "hello" unless you're in a nightclub or brothel.
I don't get you. Any type of relationship begins with 2 people getting to know each other. Be it a [b]friendship [/b]or anything further. Depending on her attitude/personality (and a long list of my requirements) she might not even make it past the friendship phase.  

Wait . . . are you just ticked that I said that cuz she's white?  cheesy You really just want me to take up a nigerian girl don't you? cheesy
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 6:47am On May 16, 2011
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 6:48am On May 16, 2011
@2buff

let the matter be.

i don explain tire.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by SEFAGO(m): 6:53am On May 16, 2011
^ Iyawo me how u dey tpia

All cuddly and cute cheesy
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 6:58am On May 16, 2011
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 7:02am On May 16, 2011
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by dayokanu(m): 7:08am On May 16, 2011
Tope Ololufe mi.

Tope my love How you dey
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by zstranger: 7:28am On May 16, 2011
tpia@:

@2buff

let the matter be.

i don explain tire.

Tpiah, see how guys dey fall over themselves for your dirty Yoruboid arse?

I dont think this is ordinary. O n te ndi, Tpiah. I have a feeling you are using jazz/ogun-ife on these guys.

It is working on them, but it will never work on me. Just telling you, in case you are thinking of doing some amudo/ogun-ife on me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

A Brief History Of Ikwerre.(port Harcourt) / Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives / "Amebo" In Nigeria Parlance: Its Origin And Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.