Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,610 members, 7,770,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:07 PM

Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently (33332 Views)

How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? / American Girl That Speaks Yoruba Fluently / How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by LKRavitz(m): 4:03pm On May 14, 2011
^^^^ i agree with u slave mentality. like we dont speak english and other foriegn languages. we give this white people too much credit for absolutely nothing. some people dont even know that there r white people that are bums.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by kandiikane(m): 4:04pm On May 14, 2011
I still have not had my appreciation for trying to learn Yoruba is it because I am African?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by LKRavitz(m): 4:06pm On May 14, 2011
^^^ try being white and you will get all the apreciation or maybe an award. who knows? cool
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by ektbear: 4:09pm On May 14, 2011
@kandiikane: I thought we appreciated you already and also gave you some things to help you on your way  lipsrsealed

At some of the rest of ya'll. . . I dunno why you are trying to racialize/dramatize this. All this "colonial mentality" nonsense you bring up is silly. If you as a black person go to China/India/Mexico City and speak fluently there, people will think it is pretty cool. It isn't that they are insecure or have "slave mentality."

Stop dramatizing simple things.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 4:12pm On May 14, 2011
the funny thisng is all those guys asking for marriage just after 2 questions do it mean that yoruba ppl dont know they will date first b4 marriage and they are loking haggard and poverty striken ,

wow, why this kind of double whammy. lol.

anyway, you just touched on a very distinctive feature of nigerian culture- instant marriage.

americans have fast food and instant oatmeal, we have fast marriage when we need visa or just dont like black skin.

ie people like me who dont like blacks, will just jump on the first white i see. Cant stand all this melanin. shikena. Iwonba ni nkan mo.

and what concerns dating with marriage?

how on earth can a babe like that marry them , its not possible

and why isnt it possible.

love knows no color, creed or appearance.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by kandiikane(m): 4:13pm On May 14, 2011
@ekt, oh was that it? I thought I was going to have a party or something.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by titsqueez(m): 4:14pm On May 14, 2011
I was more interested in the size f her boobzs than anything else. .  they are quite huge
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by ektbear: 4:14pm On May 14, 2011
kandiikane:

@ekt, oh was that it? I thought I was going to have a party or something.

Put up a youtube video of you speaking yoruba and we'll throw that party
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by kandiikane(m): 4:15pm On May 14, 2011
lol, Alright give me a few weeks.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Decryptor(m): 4:18pm On May 14, 2011
Ileke-idi:

Nigerian men asking if she is married and wanting to marry her. Naija men no get shame sha
Your problem with Nigerian men here is not because they are asking her (the white girl) for marriage. It's because none of them has asked YOU. tongue And by the way, which men would ask her for marriage like that if not YOUR SHAMELESS TRIBES MEN- Yoruba.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by kandiikane(m): 4:24pm On May 14, 2011
Decrytor, have you done your research on Africans using hair attachments eons before being colonized?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by ektbear: 4:26pm On May 14, 2011
tpia had me rolling with "instant marriage" grin
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 14, 2011
tit_squeez:

I was more interested in the size f her boobzs than anything else. .  they are quite huge
Those tits are fake and they are plastic.Dont let a white girl decieve you with those things
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Princek12(m): 4:32pm On May 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

tpia had me rolling with "instant marriage"   grin

like instant oatmeal. lmao
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 14, 2011
Decryptor:

Your problem with Nigerian men here is not because they are asking her (the white girl) for marriage. It's because none of them has asked YOU. tongue And by the way, which men would ask her for marriage like that if not YOUR SHAMELESS TRIBES MEN- Yoruba.
abeg let the girl alone.we nigerian men are despirate were oyibo girls are concerned
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by buzugee(m): 4:41pm On May 14, 2011
CIA spy
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 4:42pm On May 14, 2011
tpia had me rolling with "instant marriage"

like instant oatmeal. lmao

it's the truth na.

instant marriage, instantaneous dating, fast visa, quick flight out of nigeria, or quick papers somewhere, etc etc.

i personally was more concerned about the "looking haggard and poverty stricken" comment. Why would that be a hindrance to dating or marriage, especially when a few months or so is all it takes to erase the poverty stricken look.

better life for naija men.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by africhika(f): 4:49pm On May 14, 2011
zstranger on: Today at 06:23:56 AM:

Who know like good thing'

White women are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaay better tha Nigerian and Yoruba women.

I'd pick a crippled Titi to an able bodied Tpiah, anyday, anytime

I love White women. they are the best   

[size=14pt]S.T.U.P.I.D. nonsense
so ppl are still this backwards?  undecided
[/size]
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by africhika(f): 4:52pm On May 14, 2011
kandiikane on: Today at 08:07:04 AM:

Btw, I am trying to learn Yoruba, I think I should be appreciated cool

kudos! keep it up.
i'm trying to learn igbo.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 14, 2011
since i figured out from this page they take it college, will probably take it next fall,
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by isalegan2: 4:55pm On May 14, 2011
buzugee:

CIA spy

I concur. cheesy Looks more like Mossad.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by buzugee(m): 4:57pm On May 14, 2011
isale_gan2:

I concur. cheesy  Looks more like Mossad.
right. she just conveniently happens to be posted up at the election spots and speaks yoruba. she is being bred for spying work in nigeria. keep in mind USA has hugeeeeeeee interests in nigeria.

long time no see woman. whats good ?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by isalegan2: 5:13pm On May 14, 2011
buzugee:

right. she just conveniently happens to be posted up at the election spots and speaks yoruba. she is being bred for spying work in nigeria. keep in mind USA has hugeeeeeeee interests in nigeria.

You can't tell Naijas nothing!  Leave them.  grin

I am where I always am.  So mad at you, you have no idea.  angry We won't derail thread.  Look for me . . .  tongue cool
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by buzugee(m): 5:16pm On May 14, 2011
isale_gan2:

You can't tell Naijas nothing!  Leave them.  grin

I am where I always am.  So mad at you, you have no idea.  angry

We won't derail thread.  Look for me . . .  tongue cool

what are ya marcus garvey ? 'look for me in the whirlwind' grin ill look for ya
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tosinaded(m): 5:36pm On May 14, 2011
why are people getting unecessarily angry?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 14, 2011
cuz they mad, their dad didnt teach them how to speak yoruba., jealous mofos grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by 10cirenoh: 5:40pm On May 14, 2011
Yet some Nigerians don't want to teach their kids?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Mynd44: 5:44pm On May 14, 2011
buzugee:

CIA spy

GBAM
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 14, 2011
jerryben12
Is it a big deal for a caucasian to speak yoruba? Don't we all speak English and some French? Is the white man surprise that we speak his language?

exactly.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by vislabraye(m): 5:52pm On May 14, 2011
If she can speak Yoruba, its commendable. Dont see why people are yelling about it.

buzugee:

Spy in Nigeria and start from the market square? If they needed a spy, they could do with a black American at least.

tom28:

abeg let the girl alone.we nigerian men are despirate were oyibo girls are concerned

am not desperate about oyibo women although this one is pretty. There are also some oyibo women who are desperate for black men too
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by buzugee(m): 6:06pm On May 14, 2011
vislabraye:

If she can speak Yoruba, its commendable. Dont see why people are yelling about it.

Spy in Nigeria and start from the market square? If they needed a spy, they could do with a black American at least.

am not desperate about oyibo women although this one is pretty. There are also some oyibo women who are desperate for black men too
who told you they dont have black american spy as well ? you think it takes only 1 spy to cover the vast length of nigeria ? there are probably hundreds of them in nigeria. all those NGOs and relief organizations are incorporated with tonnes of them.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Striker1(m): 6:15pm On May 14, 2011
AND THIS AMAZES U BECAUSE ?, AM I SUPPOSED TO BE IMPRESSED BECAUSE SHE SPEAKS YORUBA ??, WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL I DON'T GIVE A FLYIN SHI1IT !

DON'T PEOPLE GOTO SCHOOLS TO LEARN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES /, WHY SHOULD ONE OF OUR LANGUAGES OR DIALECTS BE ANY DIFFERENT ?? OR WHY DOES IT DEN SURPRISE U DAT AN 'OYIBO' HAS LEARNT YORUBA,

IS YOUR AMAZEMENT A CONFIRMATION OF YOUR INFERIORITY COMPLEX !?, 'WOW !, SHE CAN SPEAK YORUBA, ' ERM , DUH !!,

ALMOST LIKE YOUR SAYING, SOMEONE OUTSIDE OUR RACE HAS ACTUALLY TAKEN THEIR TIME TO LEARN OUR LOWLY LANGUAGE , ARE OUR LANGUAGES NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BE LEARNT ??AREN'T THERE AMERICANS THAT SPEAK FLUENT CHINESE , AREN'T THERE FRENCH PEOPLE THAT SPEAK GOOD SPANISH ??, WHY OH WHY DOES IT AMAZE US SO MUCH THAT SHE CAN SPEAK YORUBA,

UNA DEY FALL MY HAND , HAVE SOME PRIDE, SHUT YOUR MOUTH U'VE OPENED SO MUCH IN AWE, AND GET SOME EXPOSURE !, SHIKENA !,

SHE SHOULD COME AND SPEAK MY ISHAN FOR ME , THEN JUST MAYBE, I'D GIVE A LITTLE BIT MORE SHIIIIIIIIT !,,IF NOT, SHE KNWS WHERE THE NEAREST TRANSFORMER IS, MAKE SHE HUG AM !, DAT NA IF PHCN GIVE AM LIGHT,

ONE LOVE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

A Brief History Of Ikwerre.(port Harcourt) / Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives / "Amebo" In Nigeria Parlance: Its Origin And Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.