Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:59 AM

9 Dangers Of Sleeping With Your Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Dangers Of Sleeping With Your Ex (1402 Views)

As A Married Woman, I'm Tired Of Sleeping With Different Men / Dear Men, Be Careful Of Sleeping With These Girls - Deji Adeyanju / Man Boasts Of Sleeping With His Ex In His Car; The Lady's Husband Responds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Dangers Of Sleeping With Your Ex by efogator(f): 10:21am On Jul 22, 2021
You dated someone, and you broke up; then at some point you started sleeping with them again, but you never "got back together." You knew this wasn't a great idea, but you did it anyways.

When I was 21 I dated a guy whom I had amazing sexual chemistry with. The sex was off the charts; however the downside was that our relationship was plagued with drama. Within a few weeks of us "breaking up" we were sleeping together again.

Speaking from experience, hooking up with your ex is a slippery slope. What usually ends in an emotional tailspin of epic proportions, often begins as a good idea, but puts you in a state you never wanted.

Below are 9 dangers of having sex with your ex:

1. Recipe for Disaster

“I went through this phase for quite a while with my ex and it was a recipe for disaster. It’s great in the moment, but it is ultimately the equivalent of an emotional disaster for at least one of the parties involved.”

2. It’ll set You Back

“If you want to hijack and dismantle all the grieving and healing work you’ve done up to this point, by all means, go sleep with your ex. But if you want to continue to move forward into healing with your head held high, refrain. Do not let a few moments of passion undo all the hard work you’ve done. It is not worth it. It will send you reeling and send you back months and months healing-wise.”

3. You may be putting your health at risk

After we had called it quits for good, I discovered my ex had been sleeping with several other people while he was still having regular sex with me. Luckily, we always practiced safe sex and neither of us ended up with any STIs. However, many people are not as lucky. If you're going to sleep with your ex, always use condoms and practice safe sex. No matter how much you think you still love this person, engaging in risky behavior with them is never worth the cost to your life.

4. It may complicate other relationships you're involved in.

“While we may view sex with an ex occurring when neither is in a new relationship, my experience suggests that more often it's more complicated,” says Block. Usually, one or both exes are in new relationships and, though sex with an ex might feel good in the moment, they have to deal with the guilt of cheating on someone or even run the risk of their new partners finding out.
This content is imported from {embed-name}. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

5. It may make you miss having a relationship.

“The continuation of the sexual relationship may be a longing for something that is no longer available,” says Block. Every time you're with your ex, you might end up feeling nostalgic for what used to be. And as keeping things strictly physical gets tougher, you mind find yourself wanting a fuller relationship, which, you've already determined cannot happen with your ex.

6. It may lead to a new beginning with your ex.

Sex with an ex might help you realize you want to give things another go. While it might have started out as just sex, both of you or maybe just one of you might start imagining reconciliation, says Block. Now, since both of you might not be up for it, you can take this as a negative, but if you talk it out and both find you can work through the things that separated you in the first place, sex with an ex might have been a great idea, after all.

7. It can lead to emotional attachment again.

“Sex can occur without a lot of emotional attachment, but [oftentimes] that is not what occurs,” says Block. “For some women, continuing a sexual relationship with an ex can bring back the hurt and anguish of the broken relationship creating a painful déjà vu.”

8. It may lead to a cycle of break-ups.

“A few couples may reconnect," O'Reilly says. But usually, couples who reconcile after having sex with each other will end up breaking up again. "Sex with your ex leads to a cycle of break-ups and disappointments all the way. For many, it’s a band-aid solution that delays that prevents you from moving on,” she adds. “Research shows that time heals heartbreak and rejection and the chemical process involved in sex can counteract this process—particularly for those for who sex is a bonding experience.”

9. It can reopen old wounds.

“Getting together sexually with an ex is risky," says Block. Being together again can force old issues and old pain to resurface just when you were starting to move forward.

"For example, what if the only part of a previous relationship that worked, and worked well, was the sex?" he asks. If one of you wanted children and the other wasn't ready, you might find yourself having those tough and heated conversations all over again and feeling down about how you could never work it out.

This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users get a better understanding of the subject matter.

Read more on: https://kenotips.com.ng/sex-with-your-ex-dangers-of-sleeping-with-your-former-partner/
Re: 9 Dangers Of Sleeping With Your Ex by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 22, 2021
Op seems you don't know that ex's always get hotter after...
Okafor's law of CongoDynamic fall on your head dia.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Dangers Of Sleeping With Your Ex by HONESTFACT101(m): 11:16am On Jul 22, 2021
10. you may get EXterminated

1 Like

Re: 9 Dangers Of Sleeping With Your Ex by OkuFaba(m): 11:27am On Jul 22, 2021
Sleeping with your ex is like collecting pension..

And moreover the best sex is sex with Ex

2 Likes

Re: 9 Dangers Of Sleeping With Your Ex by Vinnie2000(m): 11:32am On Jul 22, 2021
HONESTFACT101:
10. you may get EXterminated

Ha, Bros!!
You deserve N10,000 Alert.. smiley sad

You Will surely get Exterminated!
Once you have had an Affair with a Girl, fvccked her and Left hee, Never Go back There again..
Particularly if you have a Fine Girlfriend@dat Time..
The Ex Girlfriend Will say you are using her for only Sexx ..
Once a Woman has GRUDGE towards you, Run Very Far!!
@Smellysperm, Okafor Law Kee you dia.. sad cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Dangers Of Sleeping With Your Ex by NobleSeed(m): 11:36am On Jul 22, 2021
and Buhari was once our Ex undecidedthe picture is more clearer now

1 Like

Re: 9 Dangers Of Sleeping With Your Ex by Sonnobax15(m): 11:59am On Jul 22, 2021
shocked
Re: 9 Dangers Of Sleeping With Your Ex by EXLOVER(m): 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
Sex with an ex is very sweet, banged all my exes, but one keeps playing hard to bang because the way i left the relationship, i keep seeing her beautiful curvy pictures on WhatsApp, i won't give up on her.

(1) (Reply)

Kiss Challenge Between Emmarose And Crossangel / People On The Internet Are Doodling On Snake Pics And The Results Are Hilarious / Am 20yrs, I Need A Boyfriend For Serious Relationship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.