Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,340 members, 7,850,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:44 PM

Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? (3605 Views)

Woman Shunned By Jehovah Witnesses Kills Self, Family / Is Jesus God? / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Let's see the love first, at least Jesus said:

"I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.” John 13:34-35

I have not seen any other group of humble religionists who truly have LOVE among themselves apart from Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

I Love you, Max.
Have I not shown that to you ?
I'm not a JW, or an SDA, or a Catholic, or a Protestant.
Should I support any institution of men which says some right things, but still keeps wrong things ?
I cannot.

Even athiests do some good things, and also have social clubs where they interact with their own kind.

As Christians we are called to keep growing in God, and not to keep bad things as we seek, are convicted, and continually grow in the good.
That is, we are to shed the sin out of our lives, and sin no more.
Why ?
Because we Love God more than our "selves" !
Should we not expect the same of churches ?

All churches I know of have some right doctrines, and yet still keep false doctrines, thus proving that they do not wish grow in God.
Instead of growing in Spirit and in Truth, many churches simply become entrenched, immovable, defensive "things of men", clawing out a comfortable place for themselves in "the world".
Therefore, my church is only the Word of God.
And I worship with people who believe likewise.

But I do not hate the rest, because I was a massive sinner in my life, and God forgave me and led me out of it by His Word.
If He did that for me, as Christ Himself died on the Cross, should I hate anyone else who has sinned, even probably much less than I ?
Never.
Therefore, I do Love you, Max.
But as your Brother, not as a JW, I can tell you JWs are wrong on the issue of Michael, and yet mean no offense.

And please... for your sake... do not judge all non-JWs as false religionists, Max, and all JWs as right, for there is a mix of bad and good everywhere.

Therefore, the only issue is this:

God knows that "the bad keep bad, but the good do not".
This is all God needs to know about a person (or church) in order to judge them.
Thus, the lost will be lost merely by not seeking and acting on the Truth they know is good, no matter what good they might do otherwise (that is, Jesus will tell those who practice lawlessness and iniquity that He never knew them).
And that includes any who seek to keep willful sins, or willful ignorance, or who attempt to twist God's Word to suit themselves.

To repeat this critical point again, God is never deceived, and sees easily that:
Bad-hearted people (and churches) might still do "some" good things; but in not wanting Truth, they will still willfully keep bad.
Good-hearted people (and churches) will also do good; but in seeking Truth, they will not willfully keep any bad as they grow in conviction.
That's because good-hearted people (and churches) end up Loving God and Jesus more than themselves, and others as themselves, knowing God's Word is good.

Sadly, the "bad-hearted" category above includes the vast majority of "Christians" who claim to believe in Jesus, including preachers and other "church leaders".

That's why it is so important to read Jesus' Teachings for ourselves in the Gospel Books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in the Bible, to not be deceived by others.

3 Likes

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Janosky: 10:51pm On Jul 31, 2021
awitness41:

I don't see "two churches" as many, Max.
And I don't see any Adventists out here in Nairaland that I know of, although I have seen some people rightfully defending the Bible Sabbath.
That why I speculated that LivingChrist might not know any Adventists, but only JWs.

But... if you want me to tell someone that they are "wrong, period!", please do this:
Please consider the Truth of what I posted above regarding Jesus and Michael, and search your own heart and unbiased Scripture regarding it.

If you do that, then I will tell LivingChrist that I know of two churches, SDA and JW, each of which have many literal churches, (although they represent only small subset of Christian churches overall) that believe the (false) doctine that Michael is Jesus, or Jesus is Michael.

Fair enough ?
Genesis 3:15 & Revelation12:7-9, who is "the serpent"? Who is the "seed"?
What did the "seed" @ Genesis 3:15 do to the "serpent" @ Revelation 12:7-9 ?

@ Matthew 28:18 , was the seed of Genesis 3:15 "given authority" to defeat the serpent
@ 1 John3:8?

Bros, tell yourself the biblical truth.
Jesus Christ is Archangel Michael fulfilling the prophecy of Genesis 3:15 @ 1 John 3:8.

How come your Trinitarian mentors affirmed that JWs are correct about Jesus Christ the Archangel Michael?

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by livingchrist: 10:52pm On Jul 31, 2021
awitness41:

Good man ! smiley

If they truly Love God, they will humble themselves, will use His Word and seek the Truth, and then will be given what they ask for.

lol you dont know this people. Maximus started with insults and he is here trying to play the victim.

3 Likes

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Janosky: 10:55pm On Jul 31, 2021
awitness41:

Good man ! smiley

If they truly Love God, they will humble themselves, will use His Word and seek the Truth, and then will be given what they ask for.

Daniel 10:13 & Daniel 12:1, Geneva Bible.
Malachi 3:1, Genesis 16:7, Amplified Bible.
The truth your Trinitarian mentors confirmed since 1599 grin grin

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by livingchrist: 11:00pm On Jul 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Walahi Talahi you're a clown! cheesy

Instead of listening to reasoning you asked me to focus on the topic, now i told you what is wrong with your topic you said it pains.

No wahala at least i've exposed your ignorance that it's not only JWs that beleive Jesus is an angel! wink
I can call out any group I want after all Jesus called out the pharisees and even called them hypocrites. So max I follow Jesus foot step in calling out false groups. only the truth no matter how bitter it is , will set you free but I will not lie it hurts. Lies are very sweet but truth just spoil everything. I pray God opens your eyes.

4 Likes

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by livingchrist: 11:05pm On Jul 31, 2021
Janosky:

Daniel 10:13 & Daniel 12:1, Geneva Bible.
Malachi 3:1, Genesis 16:7, Amplified Bible.
The truth your Trinitarian mentors confirmed since 1599 grin grin
cutting out a part of spurgeons words proves nothing, surgeons words were only figurative. You called them Trinitarians right grin do you even know the meaning of it.
I can also call Jesus the true samson who defeat the enemies of God's people going by your logic I meant Jesus is samson right? Or Just like saying because the bible said Jesus is the lion of the tribe of Judah then Jesus is a lion or because God is called a rock then God is literally a rock.
A Trinitarian believes Jesus and the father are one God so it already defeats your premise.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:07pm On Jul 31, 2021
Your problem is too much stories!

Jesus declared to his audience in the presence of his mother and brothers that his relatives are not as important to him as his fellow believers {Matthew 12:46-49} he referred to those who are not with him as DEAD {Matthew 8:22} he revealed deep secrets only to his close confidants {Matthew 13:11} definitely Jesus loves all people but not equally! smiley

So he reminded all his listeners the commandments of God which says:
"Love God with everything you have and love your neighbour as yourself" {Mark 12:29-30} but to his own followers he said:

I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves. John 13:34-35

Undoubtedly Jesus is telling his followers that their love for those having the same line of thought with them must supercede that of other neighbours! Galatians 6:10

Only Jehovah's Witnesses practice this. That's what i'm saying i'm not interested in stories!

awitness41:

I Love you, Max.
Have I not shown that to you ?
I'm not a JW, or an SDA, or a Catholic, or a Protestant.
Should I support any institution of men which says some right things, but still keeps wrong things ?
I cannot.

Even athiests do some good things, and also have social clubs where they interact with their own kind.

As Christians we are called to keep growing in God, and not to keep bad things as we seek, are convicted, and continually grow in the good.
That is, we are to shed the sin out of our lives, and sin no more.
Why ?
Because we Love God more than our "selves" !
Should we not expect the same of churches ?

All churches I know of have some right doctrines, and yet still keep false doctrines, thus proving that they do not wish grow in God.
Instead of growing in Spirit and in Truth, many churches simply become entreched, immovable, defensive "things of men", clawing out a comfortable place for themselves in "the world".
Therefore, my church is only the Word of God.
And I worship with people who believe likewise.

But I do not hate the rest, because I was a massive sinner in my life, and God forgave me and led me out of it by His Word.
If He did that for me, as Christ Himself died on the Cross, should I hate anyone else who has sinned, even probably much less than I ?
Never.
Therefore, I do Love you, Max.
But as your Brother, not as a JW, I can tell you JWs are wrong on the issue of Michael, and yet mean no offense.

And please... for your sake... do not judge all non-JWs as false religionists, Max, and all JWs as right, for there is a mix of bad and good everywhere.

Therefore, the only issue is this:

God knows that "the bad keep bad, but the good do not".
This is all God needs to know about a person (or church) in order to judge them.
Thus, the lost will be lost merely by not seeking and acting on the Truth they know is good, no matter what good they might do otherwise (that is, Jesus will tell those who practice lawlessness and iniquity that He never knew them).
And that includes any who seek to keep willful sins, or willful ignorance, or who attempt to twist God's Word to suit themselves.

To repeat this critical point again, God is never deceived, and sees easily that:
Bad-hearted people (and churches) might still do "some" good things; but in not wanting Truth, they will still willfully keep bad.
Good-hearted people (and churches) will also do good; but in seeking Truth, they will not willfully keep any bad as they grow in conviction].
That's because good-hearted people (and churches) end up Loving God and Jesus more than themselves, and others as themselves, knowing God's Word is good.

Sadly, the "bad-hearted" category above includes the vast majority of "Christians" who claim to believe in Jesus, including preachers and other "church leaders".

That's why it is so important to read Jesus' Teachings for ourselves in the Gospel Books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in the Bible, to not be deceived by others.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:10pm On Jul 31, 2021
Can you prove the highlighted on this thread? smiley

livingchrist:
lol you dont know this people. Maximus started with insults and he is here trying to play the victim.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:13pm On Jul 31, 2021
Keep deceiving yourself with false reasoning! cheesy
What you're calling lies is able to achieve success throughout the earth while your so called truth remains unproductive! James 2:18-26 cheesy

livingchrist:
I can call out any group I want after all Jesus called out the pharisees and even called them hypocrites. So max I follow Jesus foot step in calling out false groups. only the truth no matter how bitter it is , will set you free but I will not lie it hurts. Lies are very sweet but truth just spoil everything. I pray God opens your eyes.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by livingchrist: 11:18pm On Jul 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Keep lying to your own soul! cheesy

So you're saying they will not open up even on FACELESS social media like Nairaland, shey?

Why are you people so stupid? cheesy

All of you are hiding your Churches because you know nobody can see your faces, then you now wish JWs are like you but they can't hide behind some faceless social media to air their personal opinion, shey?

Your brains needs a reset! grin
@ bolded what is this maximus? Is it not insult?

3 Likes

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by livingchrist: 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Keep deceiving yourself with false reasoning! cheesy
What you're calling lies is able to achieve success throughout the earth while your so called truth remains unproductive! James 2:18-26 cheesy

if you call this success then the pharisee were also successful after all the planned to kill Jesus and they succeed.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:33pm On Jul 31, 2021
livingchrist:
@ bolded what is this maximus? Is it not insult?

Stupidity is when you're pointing accusing fingers at someone when you're also guilty of the same thing! undecided

You are a trinitarian and here you called out a group because they believe what your fellow trinitarians also believe!
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2021
JWs have reached the most distant part of the earth with their message as archangel Michael is fully working with them. Act 1:8

They have removed weapons not only from the hands of their members but out of their hearts. Michael 4:3; Matthew 26:52

They have united people from all races under one umbrella. They have instilled the same line of thought in all their members globally. John 17:20-23; 1Corinthians 1:10

They have penetrated the stronghold of world's most racist nations and make peaceloving disciples out of them! Matthew 28:19-20

Their teachings is so high above all others that you can single them out of more than 42,000 religions claiming Christians {Matthew 5:13-16} you don't even know that it's not only them that beleive in what you're about to accuse them of! Matthew 5:11-12

You're here saying you want to point out heresy but the group you mentioned their name only believes the same thing others around you also believe, which means you only hated them for not been confused like you! Matthew 10:22-25; John 15:19

What other evidence is needed to prove that they've conquered all of you? smiley

livingchrist:
if you call this success then the pharisee were also successful after all the planned to kill Jesus and they succeed.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Try to be honest at least for once Mr Man! cheesy

SDA, JWs, Bethlehem Missionary Church, Celestial Church of Christ and many more believe that Jesus is an angel so let's settle that first because that's what brought us together, it's after that's settled we can now talk about the EVIDENCES to back what each person beleive about Jesus prehuman existence!

As for Jesus (archangel Michael) i've got more than enough EVIDENCES both in letters (Bible) and living evidence (spirit) that nobody can deny!

But i will not derail the topic unless you agree first that the OP guffed maybe deliberately or ignorantly. Your continuous arguments without addressing that is a sign of insincerity so i'll not switch over to the case of Jesus who is the Archangel Michael! smiley

I didn't know of all those churches, Max, nor was I being dishonest with you about the churches I did know about.
In fact, God Himself knows I've only been honest with you.
Therefore, your "Try to be honest at least for once Mr Man!" rhetoric is a lie in front of God, breaking Commandment #9, "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."
Is that proof of your type of love, Max ?

Regardless, if more churches want to believe a false doctrine, what is that to me ?

Matthew 15:13-14 (NKJV):
13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.
14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."

You can point to as many churches and people as you want, and claim your version of the Bible is accurate, although if it was Scripture, why would what you seek to prove be only in the footnotes ?

Footnotes are not Scripture.
They are placed there by men.
If a footnote merely tries to point to a cross-reference, that's one thing (although sometimes wrong as well).
But if footnotes try to influence the reader with whatever doctrine the man behind them is trying to push, that's not good, nor is it Scripture.

Ignoring footnotes-of-men, and keeping Scripture-and Scripture-only, even the Geneva Bible says "Michael one of the chief princes".

Again, it's blasphemy to believe that there is more than one Jesus Christ.

I know you don't blaspheme willfully, Max.
And I'm not your enemy.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Janosky: 11:49pm On Jul 31, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

John 6:29 ►
New International Version
Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

New Living Translation
Jesus told them, “This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent.”

You don't need to do anything once you believe Jesus is God
God will empower you to bring out his works but the work of God is only to believe who Jesus is....

No place in the Bible that God said you should call Jesus Michael lol
But God told you to call Jesus father, God, God with us

John 6:29 "Jesus told them, “This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent.”
John 6:29, your Father Jesus sent who ?
grin
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:54pm On Jul 31, 2021
Your trinitarian brother guffed here and instead of telling the truth that it's not only JWs you keep parting him at the back.

Then you raised the highlighted, shey?

Wetiin Musa no go see for gate? cheesy

awitness41:

I didn't know of all those churches, Max, nor was I being dishonest with you about the churches I did know about.
Therefore, your "Try to be honest at least for once Mr Man!" rhetoric is a lie in front of God, breaking Commandment #9, "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."

Regardless, if more churches want to believe a false doctrine, what is that to me ?

13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.
14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."

You can point to as many churches and people as you want, and claim your version of the Bible is accurate, although if it was Scripture, why would what you seek to prove be only in the footnotes ?

If a footnote merely tries to point to a cross-reference, that's one thing (although sometimes wrong as well).
But if footnotes try to influence the reader with whatever doctrine the man behind them is trying to push, that's not good, nor is it Scripture.

Ignoring footnotes-of-men, and keeping Scripture-and Scripture-only, even the Geneva Bible says "Michael one of the chief princes".

And I'm not your enemy.

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Janosky: 11:58pm On Jul 31, 2021
awitness41:

And I'm not your enemy.

Hebrew Lexicon 259, "One of" is NOT English language oh Bros..
Genesis 4:19 "One of was Ada, the second is Zillah. grin
"One of" Hebrew Lexicon meaning "the Head Commander of Princes/Angels" @Daniel 10:13.
Anyone God sent to the earth is his angel.
John 7:16, Jesus is the angel sent to teach his Father's doctrine.
That is the true meaning of Greek aggelos or Hebrew Malak.

Do you agree you understand Greek/Hebrew language manuscript more than your Trinitarian mentors who translated Amplified Bible & Geneva Bible?
What of others who said your Godhead is the angel of the Lord.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Your trinitarian brother guffed here and instead of telling the truth that it's not only JWs you keep parting him at the back.

Then you raised the highlighted, shey?

Wetiin Musa no go see for gate? cheesy

I did say the Adventists believe that as well, and you well know that I did.
Therefore, what you said above (in bold) is another false accusation (a lie), Max.
God sees it.
You might not apologize to me, but you should to Him.

That said, I'm out at this point, because discussing the Word of God with Max is not accomplishing anything.
Those who do not wish to receive Truth will get their wish.
And remember, I did not say the JWs are wrong on all things; like most churches they hold some right things, and sadly, some wrong things.

But no one, people or churches, should keep wrong things if we claim to Love God at all.

Even so, Peace to you.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:15am On Aug 01, 2021
Janosky:

John 6:29 "Jesus told them, “This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent.”
John 6:29, your Father Jesus sent who ?[/b] grin

your Father Jesus sent who...

Before I can answer that you need to understand trinity
Are you ready to understand it
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Janosky: 12:20am On Aug 01, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Mark 16:17

This is the real sign which no JW has..............

Mark 16

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

This sign no person in Jehovah's Witnesses has that sign in Mark 16:17
Why do you parrot a fake, DUBIOUS insertion into the holy Scriptures?
Mark chapter 16 ended at verse 8.
grin
Bishop, please stop DECEIVING yourself & misleading others.

Many Churchgoers have lost their life in America because they wish to practice Mark 16:10-20

The evidence abounds, just go do your research.
grin

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:33am On Aug 01, 2021
Janosky:

grin

Many Churchgoers have lost their life in America because they wish to practice Mark 16:10-20

grin

Is this the lie they teach you in JW
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:44am On Aug 01, 2021
Janosky:

grin

grin

https://biblesearch.com/where-did-mark-169-20-come-from/

Both the Vaticanus and Sinaitic do not contain the confession of faith by the blind man who said, “Lord, I believe!” (John 9:38). Also, both of these manuscripts do not contain Luke 6:1, which reads, “Now it happened on the second Sabbath after the first that He went through th grainfields. And His disciples plucked the heads of grain and ate them, rubbing them in their hands.”
The account in John 19:33-34 of the soldiers piercing the side of Jesus while He was on the cross is also omitted in both theVaticanus and Sinaitic manuscripts. Footnotes are not added in modern translations to warn us about any of these passages because all other Greek manuscripts docontain them.
Where is the consistency? All other Greek manuscripts also contain Mark 16:9-20! In the Sinaitic manuscript, the book of Hebrews ends at chapter 9 verse 8. According to this so called “reliable ancient manuscript”, Hebrews 9:14 to 13:25 do not belong in the Bible either! The passage, “Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him. And beingin agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground” ( Luke 22:43-44) is not found in the Sinaitic. Neither is the passage, “Then Jesus said, ‘Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.'” (Luke 23:34).
This is just a small sampling of the problems of these two manuscripts. The Greek Scholar Dean Burgon, writing of the Sinaitic and Vaticanus, along with the Codex Bezae, wrote that these three manuscripts, “are three of the most scandalously corrupt copies extant: exhibit the most shamefully mutilated texts which are anywhere to be met with: have become… the depositories of the largest amount of fabricated readings, ancient blunders, and intentional perversions of truth which are discoverable in any known copies of the word of God.” Dean Burgon, The Revision Revised, pg. 16.
There is an eighth or ninth century unical manuscript called Codex L that contains a different ending to Mark 16. This manuscript is interrupted at Mark 16:8 with the words, “something to this effect is met with,” and then, instead of the Great Commission in Mark, the author wrote, “All that was commanded them they immediately rehearsed to Peter and the rest. And after these thing from East even unto West, did Jesus Himself send forth by their means the holy and incorruptible message of eternal salvation.”
After examining this manuscript, Dean Burgon described the Codex L as, “the work of an ignorant foreign copyist who probably wrote with several manuscripts before him; but who is found to have been wholly incompetent to determine which reading to adopt and which to reject.” Dean Burgon, The Last Twelve Verses Of Mark, pg. 203.
The last twelve verses of Mark are included in all of the more than 500 known manuscripts of the New Testament except two, the Vaticanus and Sinaitic, and is in all of the more than two thousand manuscript copies, without exception, yet, modern editors add footnotes in the Bible to cast doubt on the authenticity of this passage! If the last twelve verses of Mark were rejected based on the authority of these two manuscripts, the gospel of Mark would end with, “for they were afraid” (Mark 16:8... ). Does it seem reasonable to anyone that God would have intentionally ended a gospel of Jesus Christ with the disciples being afraid?

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:48am On Aug 01, 2021
The evidence proves that the early Christians were familiar with the last twelve verses of the gospel of Mark and considered these verses to be authentic. How did they view the statement of Jesus concerning baptism in Mark 16:16? The “Constitutions of the Holy Apostles” quoted this verse to prove that anyone who is not baptized is to be condemned as an unbeliever. This was written over a century before the Vaticanus and Sinaitic manuscripts! “He that, out of contempt, will not be baptized, shall be condemned as an unbeliever, and shall be reproached as ungrateful and foolish. For the Lord says: ‘Except a man be baptized of water and of the Spirit, he shall by no means enter into the kingdom of heaven.’ And again: ‘He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved but he that believeth not shall be damned.'” “Constitutions of the Holy Apostles,” Ante-Nicene Fathers, vol. 7, pg. 456-457.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:56am On Aug 01, 2021
As far as i can perceive things you know next to nothing about what teaching is right or wrong because you don't even know what will signify falsehood.
All you have been doing here so far is to tell people they should accept TRINITY/Godhead anyhow they can perceive it. Whereas i am not replying on letters alone, i base my conviction on what i understand logically and what is happening as evidence of the truth.
If only JWs are doing God's work and yielding the positive fruit then you've got nothing to prove they are wrong in whatever they say! smiley

awitness41:

I did say the Adventists believe that as well, and you well know that I did.
Therefore, what you said above (in bold) is another false accusation (a lie), Max.
God sees it.
You might not apologize to me, but you should to Him.

That said, I'm out at this point, because discussing the Word of God with Max is not accomplishing anything.
Those who do not wish to receive Truth will get their wish.
And remember, I did not say the JWs are wrong on all things; like most churches they hold some right things, and sadly, some wrong things.

But no one, people or churches, should keep wrong things if we claim to Love God at all.

Even so, Peace to you.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Nancy2020(f): 7:17am On Aug 01, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

https://biblesearch.com/where-did-mark-169-20-come-from/

Both the Vaticanus and Sinaitic do not contain the confession of faith by the blind man who said, “Lord, I believe!” (John 9:38). Also, both of these manuscripts do not contain Luke 6:1, which reads, “Now it happened on the second Sabbath after the first that He went through th grainfields. And His disciples plucked the heads of grain and ate them, rubbing them in their hands.”
The account in John 19:33-34 of the soldiers piercing the side of Jesus while He was on the cross is also omitted in both theVaticanus and Sinaitic manuscripts. Footnotes are not added in modern translations to warn us about any of these passages because all other Greek manuscripts docontain them.
Where is the consistency? All other Greek manuscripts also contain Mark 16:9-20! In the Sinaitic manuscript, the book of Hebrews ends at chapter 9 verse 8. According to this so called “reliable ancient manuscript”, Hebrews 9:14 to 13:25 do not belong in the Bible either! The passage, “Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him. And beingin agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground” ( Luke 22:43-44) is not found in the Sinaitic. Neither is the passage, “Then Jesus said, ‘Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.'” (Luke 23:34).
This is just a small sampling of the problems of these two manuscripts. The Greek Scholar Dean Burgon, writing of the Sinaitic and Vaticanus, along with the Codex Bezae, wrote that these three manuscripts, “are three of the most scandalously corrupt copies extant: exhibit the most shamefully mutilated texts which are anywhere to be met with: have become… the depositories of the largest amount of fabricated readings, ancient blunders, and intentional perversions of truth which are discoverable in any known copies of the word of God.” Dean Burgon, The Revision Revised, pg. 16.
There is an eighth or ninth century unical manuscript called Codex L that contains a different ending to Mark 16. This manuscript is interrupted at Mark 16:8 with the words, “something to this effect is met with,” and then, instead of the Great Commission in Mark, the author wrote, “All that was commanded them they immediately rehearsed to Peter and the rest. And after these thing from East even unto West, did Jesus Himself send forth by their means the holy and incorruptible message of eternal salvation.”
After examining this manuscript, Dean Burgon described the Codex L as, “the work of an ignorant foreign copyist who probably wrote with several manuscripts before him; but who is found to have been wholly incompetent to determine which reading to adopt and which to reject.” Dean Burgon, The Last Twelve Verses Of Mark, pg. 203.
The last twelve verses of Mark are included in all of the more than 500 known manuscripts of the New Testament except two, the Vaticanus and Sinaitic, and is in all of the more than two thousand manuscript copies, without exception, yet, modern editors add footnotes in the Bible to cast doubt on the authenticity of this passage! If the last twelve verses of Mark were rejected based on the authority of these two manuscripts, the gospel of Mark would end with, “for they were afraid” (Mark 16:8... ). Does it seem reasonable to anyone that God would have intentionally ended a gospel of Jesus Christ with the disciples being afraid?
Does it seem reasonable to anyone that God would have intentionally ended a gospel of Jesus Christ with the disciples being afraid?

The Last Twelve Verses Of Mark, pg. 203.
The last twelve verses of Mark are included in all of the more than 500 known manuscripts of the New Testament except two, the Vaticanus and Sinaitic.

This proves JW Bible is incorrect.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Kingsnairaland(m): 7:22am On Aug 01, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
The evidence proves that the early Christians were familiar with the last twelve verses of the gospel of Mark and considered these verses to be authentic. How did they view the statement of Jesus concerning baptism in Mark 16:16? The “Constitutions of the Holy Apostles” quoted this verse to prove that anyone who is not baptized is to be condemned as an unbeliever. This was written over a century before the Vaticanus and Sinaitic manuscripts! “He that, out of contempt, will not be baptized, shall be condemned as an unbeliever, and shall be reproached as ungrateful and foolish. For the Lord says: ‘Except a man be baptized of water and of the Spirit, he shall by no means enter into the kingdom of heaven.’ And again: ‘He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved but he that believeth not shall be damned.'” “Constitutions of the Holy Apostles,” Ante-Nicene Fathers, vol. 7, pg. 456-457.

Correct
That is why the followers of Jesus in the new testaments kept saying in their books from acts Down.... He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved but he that believeth not shall be damned.'”.....

So the only reason they said it is because they hear it from Jesus so mark did not stop at 8 JW Bible is a perverted Bible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:15am On Aug 01, 2021
According to the Bible itself when talking about truth and falsehood it has always been falsehood that carries the majority!
In Noah's day only 8 persons were right about what God says the rest 99.999% people on this planet got it wrong!
In Lot's day only three persons got it right when 99.999% inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah got it wrong!
In the first century only Jesus' disciples of 12 in number got it right that Jesus is not mad when 99.999% Jews (including majority of Jesus' disciples) got it wrong! John 6:66
So what makes you think it's the majority that got it right now, despite the fact that all those translations never produce
©Any group of zealous preachers and industrious teachers of the word like JWs! Matthew 28:19-20; Act 1:8
©LOVE strong enough to unite adherents throughout the earth like JWs! John 13:34-35
©Teaching and doctrine that unite minds of all the adherents making them ONE like JWs! John 17:20-23
©Remove the use and production of weapons from the hearts of adherents like JWs! Isaiah 2:4 compare to Matthew 26:52
©Totally different from all to the extent that everyone could notice it like JWs! John 15:19; 17:14

Yet you're here talking about the majority of translations that's unproductive! Matthew 7:16-18

I'm sorry for you because the path leading of to life is so narrow and only a few that's finding it while the road to destruction is broad and many traveling through it! Matthew 7:13-14 compare to 24:14

Nancy2020:

Does it seem reasonable to anyone that God would have intentionally ended a gospel of Jesus Christ with the disciples being afraid?
The Last Twelve Verses Of Mark, pg. 203.
The last twelve verses of Mark are included in all of the more than 500 known manuscripts of the New Testament except two, the Vaticanus and Sinaitic.
This proves JW Bible is incorrect.

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by livingchrist: 8:35am On Aug 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Stupidity is when you're pointing accusing fingers at someone when you're also guilty of the same thing! undecided

You are a trinitarian and here you called out a group because they believe what your fellow trinitarians also believe!
where did I first insult you max? What others believe is not important what is important is what the bible teaches. Is it not so?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:45am On Aug 01, 2021
livingchrist:
where did I first insult you max? What others believe is not important what is important is what the bible teaches. Is it not so?

What Bible teaches is the ultimate YES!
But in this case you jumped at JWs accusing them as if your own fellow trinitarians aren't guilty of the same accusation you're laying against the JWs. That's where Matthew 7:1-4 perfectly applies in your case!

You should have removed the plank from the eyes of your fellow trinitarians first before calling out JWs.
However we are OK with our own beliefs, Jesus is an angel in fact the Archangel Michael so if you want to contest that then we can start by examining the scriptures together!

So go and correct your fellow trinitarians who are making a mess of your TRINITY before coming out to accuse JWs! smiley
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by livingchrist: 8:45am On Aug 01, 2021
Then why are you pained that your organisation is called out for her false doctrines?
I can how pissful your organisation is through her publication os vitriol against Christianedom and the uncouth and fool mouthed members like you.
Lucifer Angel michol is really doing using you to do his evil works.

MaxInDHouse:
JWs have reached the most distant part of the earth with their message as archangel Michael is fully working with them. Act 1:8

They have removed weapons not only from the hands of their members but out of their hearts. Michael 4:3; Matthew 26:52

They have united people from all races under one umbrella. They have instilled the same line of thought in all their members globally. John 17:20-23; 1Corinthians 1:10

They have penetrated the stronghold of world's most racist nations and make peaceloving disciples out of them! Matthew 28:19-20

Their teachings is so high above all others that you can single them out of more than 42,000 religions claiming Christians {Matthew 5:13-16} you don't even know that it's not only them that beleive in what you're about to accuse them of! Matthew 5:11-12

You're here saying you want to point out heresy but the group you mentioned their name only believes the same thing others around you also believe, which means you only hated them for not been confused like you! Matthew 10:22-25; John 15:19

What other evidence is needed to prove that they've conquered all of you? smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:48am On Aug 01, 2021
If you call what JWs achieved "EVIL" i congratulate you Sir! Isaiah 5:20 smiley

livingchrist:

Then why are you pained that your organisation is called out for her false doctrines?
I can how pissful your organisation is through her publication os vitriol against Christianedom and the uncouth and fool mouthed members like you.
Lucifer Angel michol is really doing using you to do his evil works.

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Nancy2020(f): 9:42am On Aug 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
According to the Bible itself when talking about truth and falsehood it has always been falsehood that carries the majority!
In Noah's day only 8 persons were right about what God says the rest 99.999% people on this planet got it wrong!
In Lot's day only three persons got it right when 99.999% inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah got it wrong!
In the first century only Jesus' disciples of 12 in number got it right that Jesus is not mad when 99.999% Jews (including majority of Jesus' disciples) got it wrong! John 6:66
So what makes you think it's the majority that got it right now, despite the fact that all those translations never produce
©Any group of zealous preachers and industrious teachers of the word like JWs! Matthew 28:19-20; Act 1:8
©LOVE strong enough to unite adherents throughout the earth like JWs! John 13:34-35
©Teaching and doctrine that unite minds of all the adherents making them ONE like JWs! John 17:20-23
©Remove the use and production of weapons from the hearts of adherents like JWs! Isaiah 2:4 compare to Matthew 26:52
©Totally different from all to the extent that everyone could notice it like JWs! John 15:19; 17:14

Yet you're here talking about the majority of translations that's unproductive! Matthew 7:16-18

I'm sorry for you because the path leading of to life is so narrow and only a few that's finding it while the road to destruction is broad and many traveling through it! Matthew 7:13-14 compare to 24:14

Let compare new world translation JW to use to show Michael is not Jesus.

JW Bible below
Jude one
9 But when Miʹcha·el+ the archangel+ had a difference with the Devil and was disputing about Moses’ body,+ he did not dare to bring a judgment against him in abusive terms,+ but said: “May Jehovah* rebuke you.”+

JW Bible
Matthew 16
23 But turning his back, he said to Peter: “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, because you think, not God’s thoughts, but those of men.”+
Luke 4:8

=======================
All through out the Bible no where Jesus call on the name of any one to deal with Satan.

Jesus spoke to the Satan directly and dealt with him.

From the above you can see examples where Jesus did that.

And where Michael used Jesus(God's) name to deal with the devil if Jesus is Micheal he (Michael) will not need to call on any body name to deal with the devil.

=================================
Look at real Bible below,

Jude 1:9
But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

New Living Translation
But even Michael, one of the mightiest of the angels, did not dare accuse the devil of blasphemy, but simply said, “The Lord rebuke you!” (This took place when Michael was arguing with the devil about Moses’ body.)

Matthew 16:23
Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

New Living Translation
Jesus turned to Peter and said, “Get away from me, Satan! You are a dangerous trap to me. You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God’s.”

All through out the Bible no where Jesus call on the name of any one to deal with Satan.

Jesus spoke to the Satan directly and dealt with him.

From the above you can see examples where Jesus did that.

And where Michael used (God's) Jesus name to deal with the devil, if Jesus is Micheal he (Michael) will not need to call on any body name to deal with the devil.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

God, Creation and Miracles or Evolution? / New Year Cross Over Night Themes In Churches / Vishwakarma Puja Mantra, Puja Vidhi, Vishwakarma Aarti Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.