Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:40 AM

Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? (3612 Views)

Woman Shunned By Jehovah Witnesses Kills Self, Family / Is Jesus God? / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:30pm On Aug 03, 2021
Nancy2020:

Bible says God will give the soul and spirit a new body to live in called the spiritual body, or equally called the resurrected body.

That's a lie!

God's word says "the spirit returns to God who gave it" {Psalms 146:4; Ecclesiastes 12:7} and where does God lives? Heavens! Psalms 115:16
So if the spirit has returned to heaven then it couldn't be part of what is to be resurrected here on earth again. Use Lazarus's resurrection as case study.

I deliberately ignore the other guy! smiley
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Bishopkingsley(m): 3:43pm On Aug 03, 2021
Lazarus was brought back to life
Why don't you read all that part I point out

Lazarus case is different that is not last day resurrection which God said will happen when Jesus comes don't mix things up

When some one dies yes the spirit which contains the soul returns to God in a sleeping mode. At the last day God will resurrect every one who has not been resurrected during the time when Jesus first resurrected

Every thing is in the Bible don't let GB lie to you that man is nothing

man is the image of God with three dimensions as God

Body soul spirit

Forever will remain that only that the earthly body will become spiritual body made from God spoken word no longer made from the earth
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Nancy2020(f): 3:45pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

That's a lie!

God's word says "the spirit returns to God who gave it" {Psalms 146:4; Ecclesiastes 12:7} and where does God lives? Heavens! Psalms 115:16
So if the spirit has returned to heaven then it couldn't be part of what is to be resurrected here on earth again. Use Lazarus's resurrection as case study.

I deliberately ignore the other guy! smiley
there is a difference between last day resurrection and Lazarus coming back to life don't you read the Bible. Many people came back to life by prayer in the Bible that is not last day resurrection.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Nancy2020(f): 3:53pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Brother Janosky can you now see that you're a TRINITY yourself?
At least you are
©Body Janosky
©Soul Janosky and
©Spirit Janosky

Let's assume that's man's formation (though it's senseless) during resurrection which of the three will Jesus bring back to life?
Is it the Soul, Body or Spirit?
Which of the three will be lying in the grave like Lazarus?
And where will the other two be? cheesy

1 Corinthians 15:35-44
But someone will say, “How are the dead raised? And with what kind of body do they come?” You fool! That which you sow does not come to life unless it dies; and that which you sow, you do not sow the body which is to be, but a bare grain, perhaps of wheat or of something

Sorry MaxInDHouse Paul called you fool here read it to see.

Holy spirit call those who don't believe in resurrection Sadducees

Matthew 22:23
On that day some Sadducees (who say there is no resurrection) came to Jesus and questioned Him,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Bishopkingsley(m): 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2021
Matthew 27:52
Verse Concepts
The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised;

Daniel 12:2
Verse Concepts
Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.

John 5:28-29
Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Revelation 20:12-13
And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.

Acts 17:31
Verse Concepts
because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.”

1 Corinthians 15:52
Verse Concepts
in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
Verse Concepts
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

Acts 24:15
Verse Concepts
having a hope in God, which these men cherish themselves, that there shall certainly be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

Matthew 25:31-32
“But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats;

1 Corinthians 15:12
Verse Concepts
Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?

Verse Concepts
On that day some Sadducees (who say there is no resurrection) came to Jesus and questioned Him,

Mark 12:18
Verse Concepts
Some Sadducees (who say that there is no resurrection) *came to Jesus, and began questioning Him, saying,

Luke 20:27
Verse Concepts
Now there came to Him some of the Sadducees (who say that there is no resurrection),

Acts 23:8
Verse Concepts
For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, nor an angel, nor a spirit, but the Pharisees acknowledge them all.

2 Timothy 2:18
Verse Concepts
men who have gone astray from the truth saying that the resurrection has already taken place, and they upset the faith of some.

Acts 17:18
Verse Concepts
And also some of the Epicurean and Stoic philosophers were conversing with him. Some were saying, “What would this idle babbler wish to say?” Others, “He seems to be a proclaimer of strange deities,”—because he was preaching Jesus and the resurrection.

Acts 26:8
Verse Concepts
Why is it considered incredible among you people if God does raise the dead?

Matthew 22:29-32
But Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. But regarding the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God:read more.
Mark 12:24-27
Jesus said to them, “Is this not the reason you are mistaken, that you do not understand the Scriptures or the power of God? For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. But regarding the fact that the dead rise again, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the passage about the burning bush, how God spoke to him, saying, ‘I

Luke 20:34-38
Jesus said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage, but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; for they cannot even die anymore, because they are like angels, and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.read more.
But someone will say, “How are the dead raised? And with what kind of body do they come?” You fool! That which you sow does not come to life unless it dies; and that which you sow, you do not sow the body which is to be, but a bare grain, perhaps of wheat or of something else.read more.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:02pm On Aug 03, 2021
Nancy2020:
there is a difference between last day resurrection and Lazarus coming back to life don't you read the Bible. Many people came back to life by prayer in the Bible that is not last day resurrection.
Well i only presented what i beleive in the Bible so if you believe a different thing no wahala.
God didn't create soul, spirit and body. Genesis 2:7
And God never said anything survives the body, what my Bible told me is that Adam completely will die and return to dust {Genesis 3:17-19} God will take away the actuating force (spirit) or breath of life. So Adam is not a spirit, soul and body rather Adam is a soul and death the soul seizes to exist "DIE!" Ezekiel 18:4 smiley
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2021
Nancy2020:

But someone will say, “How are the dead raised? And with what kind of body do they come?” You fool! That which you sow does not come to life unless it dies; and that which you sow, you do not sow the body which is to be, but a bare grain, perhaps of wheat or of something

Who first mentioned RESURRECTION here?
So if i don't believe in resurrection would i have mentioned it in line with what i told my brother?
Well there's no wahala.
God never created Adam with soul, spirit and body. Adam was a soul and at death the soul perish! smiley
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Nancy2020(f): 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

So if i don't believe in resurrection would i have mentioned it in line with what i told my brother?
Well there's no wahala.
God never created Adam with soul, spirit and body. Adam was a soul and at death the soul perish! smiley

For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, nor an angel, nor a spirit, but the Pharisees acknowledge them all.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Nancy2020(f): 4:09pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well there's no wahala.
Jesus said to them, “Is this not the reason you are mistaken, that you do not understand the Scriptures or the power of God? For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. But regarding the fact that the dead rise again, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the passage about the burning bush, how God spoke to him, saying, ‘I

Nothing will perish except those in hell
The Righteousness will live with God forever.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:16pm On Aug 03, 2021
Nancy2020:

Let me assist you!

There's nothing you can hing on to condemn the truth we PREACH and TEACH so if you have something tangible to say let's consider it now. We believe in resurrection, angels and spirits so stop deceiving yourself with false reasoning! smiley
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2021
You're just beating about the bush.
Jehovah's Witnesses believe in the resurrection so say something else! smiley

Nancy2020:

Nothing will perish except those in hell
The Righteousness will live with God forever.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Nancy2020(f): 4:25pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

you open your mouth to say

God never created Adam with soul, spirit and body. Adam was a soul and at death the soul perish!

If soul perish what is going to resurrect

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Nancy2020(f): 4:33pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.

On the last day you will see Adam awake too

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:38pm On Aug 03, 2021
Nancy2020:
you open your mouth to say

God never created Adam with soul, spirit and body. Adam was a soul and at death the soul perish!

If soul perish what is going to resurrect

The soul doesn't mean a living thing that survives death it connotes the character or person!
For instance we all have bodies and scientists can switch part of our bodies from on person to another but they can't transfer Bill Gate from an old body to start life again in a younger body. So when that body dies the character (soul) Bill perishes.
The only hope of seeing Bill again lies in the hands of God who has the power to store up that character in his memory book! Malachi 3:16 compare to Revelations 20:15
When a man is shot dead he's dead both body and soul (character) but if such a character is God's friend the killer only succeeded in keeping the deseased away from this wicked world. Genesis 4:10
God's friend is safe in God's memory book! Matthew 10:28; Revelations 20:15
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2021
Nancy2020:

On the last day you will see Adam awake too

Adam? smiley
Well Adam is gone forever!
Jesus' blood only covers innocent descendants of our first parents who were perfect, as for Adam and Eve who brought all these troubles there is no forgiveness for the both of them so they've been destroyed forever! smiley
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Nancy2020(f): 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The soul doesn't mean a living thing that survives death it connotes the character or person!
For instance we all have bodies and scientists can switch part of our bodies from on person to another but they can't transfer Bill Gate from an old body to start life again in a younger body. So when that body dies the character (soul) Bill perishes.
The only hope of seeing Bill again lies in the hands of God who has the power to store up that character in his memory book! Malachi 3:16 compare to Revelations 20:15
When a man is shot dead he's dead both body and soul (character) but if such a character is God's friend the killer only succeeded in keeping the deseased away from this wicked world. Genesis 4:10
God's friend is safe in God's memory book! Matthew 10:28; Revelations 20:15

You don't say what Is in Bible Genesis says Adam became a living soul

What type of person are you

Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:43pm On Aug 03, 2021
Nancy2020:

You don't say what Is in Bible Genesis says Adam became a living soul
What type of person are you

Adam became a living soul due to God's will {Genesis 2:7} but Adam CHOSE to be a DEAD soul! Genesis 2:17 compare to Genesis 3:6
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Nancy2020(f): 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Adam became a living soul but CHOSE to be a DEAD soul!
that is what God will resurrect to destroy the work of the devil did to Adam
Jesus came to give life to souls
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2021
Nancy2020:

that is what God will resurrect to destroy the work of the devil did to Adam
Resurrection is not for Adam and Eve, both of them doesn't deserve to live!
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Nancy2020(f): 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I don't have your time you can believe nonsense it is better you don't even believe so that only the people God wants will make heaven according to what he says not every one will be saved not every one will understand the things of God.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2021
Nancy2020:
I don't have your time you can believe nonsense it is better you don't even believe so that only the people God wants will make heaven according to what he says not every one will be saved not every one will understand the things of God.

Hanahanhaha I told you
They are cult they don't believe anything from Bible they twist it saying soul and spirit and body don't exist when Paul said it that man is body soul spirit and it in Bible
Run from cult on time lol
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2021
I never quoted you because i'm not interested in whatever misinformed churchgoers carry in their heads, you quoted me first! smiley

Nancy2020:

I don't have your time you can believe nonsense it better you don't even believe so that only the people God wants will make heaven according to what he says not every one will be saved not every one will understand the things of God.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by livingchrist: 4:55pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Adam? smiley
Well Adam is gone forever!
Jesus' blood only covers innocent descendants of our first parents who were perfect, as for Adam and Eve who brought all these troubles there is no forgiveness for the both of them so they've been destroyed forever! smiley
sorry, Adam is not gone for ever.
Spirit exist, the spirit of man knows what is in man and the spirit is in man.

The spirits of just men are in heaven

Hebrews 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
They say no body soul spirit when they see it many places in the Bible

Lol they only refuse to believe it because it will prove that God is three in one lol
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by livingchrist: 4:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

How did you came by this assertion?
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2021
livingchrist:

Don't mind him Adam and eve that God killed the first lamb of the world for to cover their naked meaning their sin

This people don't know God
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:00pm On Aug 03, 2021
God even said he killed the lamb of God before the foundation of the world to save Adam and human race
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by livingchrist: 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Don't mind him Adam and eve that God killed the first lamb of the world for to cover their naked meaning their sin

This people don't know God
He has no single proof.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:08pm On Aug 03, 2021
livingchrist:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm now i think you're wiser than them all but please go and have a rethink about the JWs because you're depriving yourself of sacred secrets hidden away from the world!

Adam and Eve directly sinned against God's Holy Spirit by listening to the voice of a stranger who asked them to rebel against their heavenly father, the person who gave them life and strictly warned them not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

But if you're interested in confirming this you can read the Bible book of Hebrews chapter 11, carefully note the first name of the person whose name is in God's memory book!

Adam, Eve and Cain were exempted while God's Holy Spirit inspired Apostle Paul to pen down Abel as the first human who bore Witness to our God! Hebrews 11:4

You may choose to argue this fact but know that Adam and Eve are presently in the lake of fire (everlasting destruction) smiley
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:14pm On Aug 03, 2021
livingchrist:
He has no single proof.
tell him to show you where Adam and eve will be destroyed forever
Bible said each will stand to be judge how did he know Adam judgements lol
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2021
Nancy2020:

So funny
Re: Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? by livingchrist: 5:45pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm now i think you're wiser than them all but please go and have a rethink about the JWs because you're depriving yourself of sacred secrets hidden away from the world!

Adam and Eve directly sinned against God's Holy Spirit by listening to the voice of a stranger who asked them to rebel against their heavenly father, the person who gave them life and strictly warned them not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

But if you're interested in confirming this you can read the Bible book of Hebrews chapter 11, carefully note the first name of the person whose name is in God's memory book!

Adam, Eve and Cain were exempted while God's Holy Spirit inspired Apostle Paul to pen down Abel as the first human who bore Witness to our God! Hebrews 11:4

You may choose to argue this fact but know that Adam and Eve are presently in the lake of fire (everlasting destruction) smiley
Hahahaha, your delusion is top notch,To be honest with you, you don not know the bible at all, all you know is watch tower magazine.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? / Purpose: Sent To Bear Grief And Sorrows / Raising Up Godly Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.