Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,305 members, 7,829,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife (5498 Views)

Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps / Insecurity: We Are Working Very Hard, I Hope Nigerians Will Understand – Buhari / Insecurity: We Are Handling Security Well, Osinbajo Tells Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 5:57pm On Aug 07, 2021
DEBUNKED!

Truthbeatslies:
[s]The true history of the yoruba:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIporKrPsbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2hU-ibkPfg

[/s]
I have debunked this false video many, many times. See one of my comments below:

(1) Regarding your bitter lies about the trans-Atlantic slave trade, the following piece-by-piece devastating refutation:

(A) Contrary to your ignorance, captives weren’t taken from “all across Africa” as you imagined.

Rather, captives were taken from Central Africa and West Africa — including people from Benin kingdom whom the Nupe, the Ibadan, Ogedengbe, etc. raided.

(B) Contrary to your ignorance, the Yoruba people have long been known by the name Yoruba (and they’ve been living in their present homeland) for centuries prior to the period when ex-captives began to be returned to Africa.

We know this because the process of returning ex-captives back ‘home’ to West Africa didn’t begin until circa the late-1700s.

Whereas, there are manuscripts written in the early-1600s which list Yorubas (by their name Yoruba) among some of the ethnic groups of our region of West Africa.

This manuscript which was written by Ahmed Baba in 1615 is attached below.

The name Yoruba is shown in red highlight (among the other ethnic groups) as can be seen in the original manuscript as well as in the translation embedded below respectively:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12934148_5117c6d550154217817d7c66b5fa0fe6_jpeg_jpeg2a73d5172c14cf7a7da91ff200688e3e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12934147_3336ed29985b499e82c4e140b455b9fa_jpeg_jpeg62ecafabb59c692d4ba471597fdf16bb

This translation was prepared by John Hunwick and Fatima Harrak for The Institute of African Studies Rabat, Morocco

Oh, I should add that we know that this manuscript was written by Ahmad Baba in the year 1615 because he himself penned his date as highlighted (in the attached verso) below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13082305_6e49d8d129844a578af9272699e1586a_jpeg_jpeg2d5891d724a6428e2c0f4e6898bd60cc

The highlight here literally shows the wording “(the year) one thousand and twenty four (of the Hijrah)”.

When converted from this Hijri “AH” calendar into our Gregorian “AD” calendar; the year 1024 AH falls into the year 1615 AD

The formula “D = 0.9692*H + 622” proves practically useful for this conversion.

In sum, your falsehood that returned-slaves (from all across Africa) are what became known as Yorubas is nothing but a but-hurt lie from a depressed bald-head.

(C) These ex-captives who were of West-African origin and Central African origin were repatriated directly to Sierra-Leone and Liberia.

Some began a new life there, while some decided to go back to their homeland from which they were taken ab-initio.

Nobody was repatriated to south-West Nigeria, bald-head.

A number of Yorubas among the returnees chose to return back to Yorubaland — just as many others who returned to their respective original homeland.

(2) The only ethnic-group whom I know of who couldn’t fight their way to freedom and be returned back to Africa are ……. [take a guess].

They couldn’t think of returning until about 400 years later when some of their descendants decided to tap into the science of Genetics as a guide to finding their way back home. ~ See video. below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxDve0rwQbM

The two attachments below also shows some earlier corroborative confessions made available to Dr. R. E. Bradbury by these people themselves.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996709_af6378be36104010b036a2f7ab4096cd_jpeg_jpeg07ca8a3f5b191f4126cdcd6bf2f7faf7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996710_b28de88ee10a4b7a83b95532f6609396_jpeg_jpegaca1a6203806c9d893c79b42b9a6c76e

[s]Please kindly help me locate one of these 5 things:
1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
4) ife battle against britain
5) ife republic[/s]

(1) Occupying a key site on the route from the Bend to Ife, Oyo was probably one of the earliest-founded provincial capitals in the Ife empire.

~ Robin Horton, “Ancient Ife,” (1979), p.115.

(2) A ”bight” is a feature of a water body (Atlantic ocean in this case).

Ife, in contrast, is deep in the Yoruba interior. It is in no way near the Atlantic coast.

How could the 1400s Portuguese then have named a part of the Atlantic Ocean (the bight) after it?

You see your life? cheesy See how you embarrassed yourself, family and friends.

(3) Yoruba is not one kingdom. It is a land of free-borns, where each of its many kingdoms has got some sovereignty.

As such, the bight could not have been named after a land as a whole. It was named after one of the two major polities near the coast — particularly the one which the Portuguese first had trade relations with.

Of the two major kingdoms near the coast in the late 1400s when the Portuguese first arrived, only Benin kingdom was willing to sell its people. The bight was thus named after that kingdom whom they knew.

*It wasn’t until in the 1520s before Benin embargoed the sale of its men (allowing only women) due to fear of depopulation of able-bodied men.

(4) First of all, Britain didn’t have any fight with Benin. It was a punishment, not a fight. It is called a “punitive expedition” for a reason. A punishment in relation to which Ovoramwen recanted and trembled in court.

Imaging “canning” a child as a punitive measure for mis-behaviors, and then the child suddenly turning around to say s(he) had a fight with you. No be juju be that? cheesy

There was no reason to punish Ife, hence no such expedition happened there. Instead, they helped to end the ongoing wars within Yorubaland.

(5) The country called Benin Republic did not take its name from Benin kingdom. Neither does it relate to Benin kingdom.

The country’s former name was “Dahomey” — a name which doesn’t reflect the diverse ethnicities in the country.

The name “Benin” (after the bight which the country sits on) was then settled for due to its neutrality.

In the late 19th century French colonizers making inroads from the coastal region into the interior borrowed the name of the defeated Dahomey kingdom for the entire territory that is now Benin; the current name derives from the Bight of Benin

~ https://www.britannica.com/place/Benin

In contrast, an entire group of people in today’s Togo, have insisted to be known by the name IFE. Yes, it is the “Ife” of present Nigeria they want to be associated with.

Yoruba language is being spoken in Benin Republic. Tell me where (outside of Edo state) Bini language is beinig spoken. cheesy

Peace! cheesy
Cc: r4bbit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:

You are fool here is anoda map to digest

Below is a true precolonial map

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b.r=Benin?rk=386268;0

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 6:00pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:
[s]Below is a true precolonial map

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b.r=Benin?rk=386268;0[/s]
Just like the precolonial map I’ve attached below which (from your laughable standpoint) proves that GUINEA conquered/owns Benin kingdom, right? LMAO!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:
[s]Also the house being called "typical yoruba house" is yet again a Benin house.[/s]
”Benin house”?? Lmao!

From a book you call a work of fiction?? cheesy

This baldie cracks me up every single time. grin

Nowhere is the word “Benin” shown there anyways. Who no like better thing? cheesy

Anyways, that style is typical of Yoruba houses.

The attached is a “photograph” proof from the 1800s.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
TAO11:
Just like the one I attached below which (from your laughable point of view) proves that GUINEA conquered/owns Benin kingdom, right? LMAO!

Thank yu.....

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
I don't consider quotes from papers which are not provided, also Ado is Benin. Yeah, Benin kingdom is not restricted to its capital Benin city.

The fact an idiot decided to write a paper and call a part of benin empire by the name yoruba doesn't change the fact it is still Benin empire.
Anyways, this is a talk on a void, because the document wasn't provided, instead as usual a picture of a supposed document which may or may not exist and whose context has been stripped off by the usual suspect.

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:
[s]Here we go again, "history books"... Writing the word history on a book doesn't make it's content to be history. History is what was recorded by eyewitnesses and oyo was only recorded as a small and weakling kingdom being obliterated by fula[/s]
No eyewitness called Benin an empire — if you want to go that route.

Instead, Cyril Punch who toured Yoruba cities and was also in Benin wrote in his 1889 Journal that:

As a town, Benin was inconsiderable compared with places like Ibadan, Iseyhin, Shaki, Modakeke, and Abeokuta. There was no wealth, nor was there even power, except the power of the influence of fetish, and the sense of the spirit of a long past of atrocities, which, if not supernatural, were at any rate unnatural to a degree which is indescribable. I remember the return of two of Miller Brothers' men from a visit they paid to Benin after I had been there. They arrived at Guatun one evening, and showed plainly in their faces the mental strain that their visit had been to them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:
[s]I don't consider quotes from papers which are not provided, also Ado is Benin. Yeah, Benin kingdom is not restricted to its capital Benin city.

The fact an idiot decided to write a paper and call a part if benin empire by the name yoruba doesn't change the fact it is still Benin empire.
Anyways, this is a talk on a void, because the document wasn't provided, instead as usual a picture of a supposed document which may or may not exist abd whose context has been stripped off by the usual suspect.[/s]

Ese-Ado is a Yoruba town, you fool of a joke. cheesy

And the picture was taken by Rev. J. T. F. Halligey. The reference is cited in the attachment itself.

Plus, the screenshot is as shown on page 180 of H. L. Roth (1903).

I have indulged your pleadings and excuses. Do you have anymore pleadings and excuses? cheesy

Your tears taste sweet.

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2021
Transgender(tao), stop obsessing about me, I am not willing to talk yo you, I have talked to you enough in the passed and corrected you severally. You are intellectually bankrupt and you are extremely ignorant. One of the reasons you keep harassing me is because you know I don't want to waste my time talking to you once again. Gregyboy is offering to talk to you, yet you keep running away from him.

As I know you, you are trying to hide your scams under my name by continually quoting me whereas you know and I have told you, that I wouldn't waste any more of my time discussing with you. I am not interested.

I actually don't even read what you write unless it is by mistake.
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by orisa37: 6:32pm On Aug 07, 2021
THAT'S THE CUSTODIAN OF ODU-DU-IWA LEGACIES. MAY OLODUMARE BLESS OONI OF IFE!!!
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:
•••
Oh I forgot to talk again on your attached map.

My map below shows that GUINEA conquered & owns Benin kingdom. cheesy

NB: I am only reading maps the same weird way you do. So you should be okay with my reading — if you’re a honest person.

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 6:35pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:
Transgender, stop obsessing about me, I sm not willing to talk yo you, I have talked to you enough in the passed and corrected you severally. You are intellectually bankrupt and you are extremely ignorant. One of the reasons you keep harassing me is because you know I don't want yo waste my time talking to you once again. Gregyboy is offering to talk yo you, yet you keep running away from him.

she seem more intelligent than you Though..
Remember you haven't answered my question..
Olodo

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 07, 2021
This is pure madness, this person's obsession with Benin has turned into obsession with me. Wow.
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 6:35pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:
[s]Transgender(tao), stop obsessing about me, I am not willing to talk yo you, I have talked to you enough in the passed and corrected you severally. You are intellectually bankrupt and you are extremely ignorant. One of the reasons you keep harassing me is because you know I don't want to waste my time talking to you once again. Gregyboy is offering to talk to you, yet you keep running away from him.

As I know you, you are trying to hide your scams under my name by continually quoting me whereas you know and I have told you, that I wouldn't waste any more of my time discussing with you. I am not interested.

I actually don't even read what you write unless it is by mistake.[/s]
I’m not interested in you.

I’m only interested in humiliating you wherever you lie.

@gregyboy is my rag. I have done a wonderful job of proving him to be a retard — even the Igbos testify to that. Do you need proof?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:

she seem more intelligent than you...
Remember you havn't answered my question..
Olodo

Well, you are hardly an impartial person in the matter.
Besides, I am educated, you and your transgender friend are not.
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:
[s]This is pure madness, this person's obsession with Benin has turned into obsession with me. Wow[/s]
If you won’t stop lying about Yorubas, then I won’t stop humiliating and exposing you.

That shouldn’t be a problem. You face your lies, while I face my pastime of humiliating you — it should be a win-win.

Oh I see, you need a free pass. No you ain’t getting that. Sorry! cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2021
When you call someone more than 10 times and the person doesn't call you once, then you might be harassing the person, especially if the person has told you before to stop harassing him.
Stop following me around, I am not following you, I don't care what nonsense you are saying anywhere. You are a nonentity to me.
I have always seen through your scams, the fact you keep producing them like a factory even after being clearly debunked and shamed is one of the reasons I don't see any interest in talking to you.
I talk to people who have a minimum of logics in their actions, not with mentally unstable people.
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 6:41pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:
[s]Well, you are hardly an impartial person in the matter. Besides, I am educated, you and your transgender friend are not.[/s]
Tell me what is impartial or honest in stealing “Ese-Ado” as “Benin”.

On one hand, you’re so covetous to want to steal a Yoruba town and call it Benin city.

In the same breath you thought that is too much of a stealing job, so you would claim the paper doesn’t exist.

Joke = Baldie = @Truthbeatslies. grin

————
PS: Picture by Rev. J. T. F. Halligey. Screenshot from H. L. Roth (1903), p. 180.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

Well, you are hardly an impartial person in the matter.
Besides, I am educated, you and your transgender friend are not.
Lol you are joke... grin grin
Educated ?..even a seven years old can see that you are twisted upstairs
You are too dumb to talk to lol...
You still havent answered my question

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:
[s]When you call someone more than 10 times and the person doesn't call you once, then you might be harassing the person, especially if the person has told you before to stop harassing him.
Stop following me around, I am not following you, I don't care what nonsense you are saying anywhere. You are a nonentity to me. I have always seen through your scams, the fact you keep producing them like a factory even after being clearly debunked and shamed is one of the reasons I don't see any interest in talking to you.
I talk to people who have a minimum of logics in their actions, not with mentally unstable people.[/s]
I am not calling you.

I am not following you.

I am not in need of you.

I am only humiliating you wherever you lie.

How is this simple difference difficult for your brain to grasp?

Face your lies squarely, while I also face my refutation of your lies squarely.

Why do you so badly need me to give you a free pass?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 6:46pm On Aug 07, 2021
TAO11:
I am not calling you.

I am not following you.

I am not in need of you.

I am only humiliating you wherever you lie.

How is this simple difference difficult for your brain to grasp?

He has a twisted ideology of everything grin

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:

Lol you are joke... grin grin
Educated ?..even a seven years old can see that you are twisted upstairs
You are too dumb to talk to lol...
You still havent answered my question
Weird then that you felt the need to thank the transgender. Why do you people love to lie.
For your info, I have been entertaining you not because you are smart, but because you make me laugh. You are not very smart but you are less mentally ill than the likes of the transgender. You also suffer less from a total lack of logical compass. In other words, you are deluded, but not too far gone.
I believe you can be saved before it is too late, but again you will probably end up becoming just like the transgender.
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

Weird then that you felt the need to thank the transgender. Why do you people love to lie.
For your info, I have been entertaining you not because you are smart, but because you make me laugh. You are nit very smart but you are less mentally ill than the likes of the transgender. You also suffer less from a total lack of logical compass. In other words, you are deluded, but not too far gone.
I believe you can be saved before it is too late, but again you will probably end up be oming just like the transgender.
Answer my question and i might leave you alonE with your madness. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

[s]Weird then that you felt the need to thank the transgender. Why do you people love to lie.
For your info, I have been entertaining you not because you are smart, but because you make me laugh. You are nit very smart but you are less mentally ill than the likes of the transgender. You also suffer less from a total lack of logical compass. In other words, you are deluded, but not too far gone.
I believe you can be saved before it is too late, but again you will probably end up becoming just like the transgender.[/s]
Let me know when you have another Benin lie to spread about Yoruba — then I will come humiliating you again.

I don’t reply to mindless rants. For now I would watch him flog you even as you rant.

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2021
TAO11:
Let me know when you have another Benin lie to spread about Yoruba — then I will come humiliating you again.

I don’t reply to mindless rants. For now I would watch him flog you even as you rant.

Dont worry, you can leave him To me
I have met idiots like him before...
grin

Don't let him waste your time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2021
Proving your claim is upon you, not upon those whom you are proving your claim to.
If you are quoting a book, then it is upon you yo provide the book. I am not going to waste money or time on essentially trying to prove your own claim which I believe to be a lie.

The fact someone claims a picture is from a certain book, doesn't make it true. I am not the one who has to prove your claims. Provide the book to prove your claim.
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:
Proving your claim is upon you, not upon those whom you are proving your claim to.
If you are quoting a book, then it is upon you yo provide the book. I am not going to waste money or time on essentially trying to prove your own claim which I believe to be a lie.

The fact someone claims a picture is from a certain book, doesn't make it true. I am not the one who has to prove your claims. Provide the book to prove your claim.
Answer my question fes..
Olodo

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:

Dont worry, you can leave him To me
I have met idiots like him before...
grin
Alright.

Going forward, please mention me whenever you find him spreading Benin lies about Yoruba.

I would love to join in the flogging. I got the medicine for his insanity.

He is known for deactivating his account whenever the going gets rough for him.

But it is easy to recognize him from his unique lies & spams.

More powers to your arm as you flog him.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:
[s]Proving your claim is upon you, not upon those whom you are proving your claim to.

The fact someone claims a picture is from a certain book, doesn't make it true. I am not the one who has to prove your claims. Provide the book to prove your claim.[/s]
I have provided all that you need as reference — even more than necessary.

Screenshot’s source: Page 180 of H. Ling Roth (1903).

Photographer: Rev. J. T. F. Halligey.

If what you’re begging me for is money, just say it. cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:

Answer my question fes..
Olodo
The question which you are asking is due to your lack of comprehension, I guess you are a teenager between 14 and 19 years old, you can't really understand much yet. I suggesst you read the comment which puzzled you again and again until you understand its meaning.
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2021
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
Debunked once, debunked forever. You and your fake videos have been debunked. I know it hurts, but it is what it is.

Truthbeatslies:
[s]The true history of the yoruba:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIporKrPsbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2hU-ibkPfg

[/s]
I have debunked this false video many, many times. See one of my comments below:

(1) Regarding your bitter lies about the trans-Atlantic slave trade, the following piece-by-piece devastating refutation:

(A) Contrary to your ignorance, captives weren’t taken from “all across Africa” as you imagined.

Rather, captives were taken from Central Africa and West Africa — including people from Benin kingdom whom the Nupe, the Ibadan, Ogedengbe, etc. raided.

(B) Contrary to your ignorance, the Yoruba people have long been known by the name Yoruba (and they’ve been living in their present homeland) for centuries prior to the period when ex-captives began to be returned to Africa.

We know this because the process of returning ex-captives back ‘home’ to West Africa didn’t begin until circa the late-1700s.

Whereas, there are manuscripts written in the early-1600s which list Yorubas (by their name Yoruba) among some of the ethnic groups of our region of West Africa.

This manuscript which was written by Ahmed Baba in 1615 is attached below.

The name Yoruba is shown in red highlight (among the other ethnic groups) as can be seen in the original manuscript as well as in the translation embedded below respectively:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12934148_5117c6d550154217817d7c66b5fa0fe6_jpeg_jpeg2a73d5172c14cf7a7da91ff200688e3e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12934147_3336ed29985b499e82c4e140b455b9fa_jpeg_jpeg62ecafabb59c692d4ba471597fdf16bb

This translation was prepared by John Hunwick and Fatima Harrak for The Institute of African Studies Rabat, Morocco

Oh, I should add that we know that this manuscript was written by Ahmad Baba in the year 1615 because he himself penned his date as highlighted (in the attached verso) below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13082305_6e49d8d129844a578af9272699e1586a_jpeg_jpeg2d5891d724a6428e2c0f4e6898bd60cc

The highlight here literally shows the wording “(the year) one thousand and twenty four (of the Hijrah)”.

When converted from this Hijri “AH” calendar into our Gregorian “AD” calendar; the year 1024 AH falls into the year 1615 AD

The formula “D = 0.9692*H + 622” proves practically useful for this conversion.

In sum, your falsehood that returned-slaves (from all across Africa) are what became known as Yorubas is nothing but a but-hurt lie from a depressed bald-head.

(C) These ex-captives who were of West-African origin and Central African origin were repatriated directly to Sierra-Leone and Liberia.

Some began a new life there, while some decided to go back to their homeland from which they were taken ab-initio.

Nobody was repatriated to south-West Nigeria, bald-head.

A number of Yorubas among the returnees chose to return back to Yorubaland — just as many others who returned to their respective original homeland.

(2) The only ethnic-group whom I know of who couldn’t fight their way to freedom and be returned back to Africa are ……. [take a guess].

They couldn’t think of returning until about 400 years later when some of their descendants decided to tap into the science of Genetics as a guide to finding their way back home. ~ See video. below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxDve0rwQbM

The two attachments below also shows some earlier corroborative confessions made available to Dr. R. E. Bradbury by these people themselves.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996709_af6378be36104010b036a2f7ab4096cd_jpeg_jpeg07ca8a3f5b191f4126cdcd6bf2f7faf7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996710_b28de88ee10a4b7a83b95532f6609396_jpeg_jpegaca1a6203806c9d893c79b42b9a6c76e

[s]Please kindly help me locate one of these 5 things:
1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
4) ife battle against britain
5) ife republic[/s]

(1) Occupying a key site on the route from the Bend to Ife, Oyo was probably one of the earliest-founded provincial capitals in the Ife empire.

~ Robin Horton, “Ancient Ife,” (1979), p.115.

(2) A ”bight” is a feature of a water body (Atlantic ocean in this case).

Ife, in contrast, is deep in the Yoruba interior. It is in no way near the Atlantic coast.

How could the 1400s Portuguese then have named a part of the Atlantic Ocean (the bight) after it?

You see your life? cheesy See how you embarrassed yourself, family and friends.

(3) Yoruba is not one kingdom. It is a land of free-borns, where each of its many kingdoms has got some sovereignty.

As such, the bight could not have been named after a land as a whole. It was named after one of the two major polities near the coast — particularly the one which the Portuguese first had trade relations with.

Of the two major kingdoms near the coast in the late 1400s when the Portuguese first arrived, only Benin kingdom was willing to sell its people. The bight was thus named after that kingdom whom they knew.

*It wasn’t until in the 1520s before Benin embargoed the sale of its men (allowing only women) due to fear of depopulation of able-bodied men.

(4) First of all, Britain didn’t have any fight with Benin. It was a punishment, not a fight. It is called a “punitive expedition” for a reason. A punishment in relation to which Ovoramwen recanted and trembled in court.

Imaging “canning” a child as a punitive measure for mis-behaviors, and then the child suddenly turning around to say s(he) had a fight with you. No be juju be that? cheesy

There was no reason to punish Ife, hence no such expedition happened there. Instead, they helped to end the ongoing wars within Yorubaland.

(5) The country called Benin Republic did not take its name from Benin kingdom. Neither does it relate to Benin kingdom.

The country’s former name was “Dahomey” — a name which doesn’t reflect the diverse ethnicities in the country.

The name “Benin” (after the bight which the country sits on) was then settled for due to its neutrality.

In the late 19th century French colonizers making inroads from the coastal region into the interior borrowed the name of the defeated Dahomey kingdom for the entire territory that is now Benin; the current name derives from the Bight of Benin

~ https://www.britannica.com/place/Benin

In contrast, an entire group of people in today’s Togo, have insisted to be known by the name IFE. Yes, it is the “Ife” of present Nigeria they want to be associated with.

Yoruba language is being spoken in Benin Republic. Tell me where (outside of Edo state) Bini language is beinig spoken. cheesy

Peace! cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Son Of DG Of DSS Spraying Wraps Of Money On A Senator's Wife At A Night Club / Cement Decrease Very Difficult - Dangote / A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.