Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife (5507 Views)

Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps / Insecurity: We Are Working Very Hard, I Hope Nigerians Will Understand – Buhari / Insecurity: We Are Handling Security Well, Osinbajo Tells Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 11:01pm On Aug 07, 2021
Congratulations to this Olodos for bringing up a baseless argument .
Congrats @
Gregyboy And Truthbeatslies

I laff grin in yoruba

Now i see why TAO11 keeps trashing you guys...
You people are too stupid to ignore

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 11:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
gregyboy:
[s]This ends it..... Our discussion has ended today. Bye bye[/s]
You’re fleeing because I debunked you and exposed your stupidity to onlookers? cheesy

Your moniker(s) has been associated with the word “disgrace”. Àlọ rámi-rámi! grin

[s]If ajayi crowther an oyo man as Samuel johson Could write in 1850s on yoruba history and skip Oduduwa and, johson wrote 30yrs after and it magically appeared... Is god not wonderful....lol[/s]
Again, Adaji Crowther is a linguist, not a historian. He never claimed to be writing a history book.

His writings which touch on Yoruba accounts is thus a side-step — nothing extensive.

Moreover, the Yorubas originated (and have been) in existence for millenniums before Oduduwa lived.

In contrast, S. Johnson was writing a book specifically on history — a comprehensive one at that.

As such, it is expected that his writings should extend to the latter period of our history — that is, it should extend to the Oduduwa period.

Having debunked your insinuation, you still haven’t proven that your great-grand father is real. grin

Peace! cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 11:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
gregyboy:
[s]Because they wanted some political goodies back then.... [/s]
Oh you now agree that Yorubas have been superior to the Binis since the 1800s (and prior).

Hence the supposed by-force-attaché-to-Yoruba that your ancestors did in those centuries.

That is an axe for you to grind based on your reply.

[s]But you my friend is forcing it to be true....

You're clown[/s]
But for me, evidence tells me that your ancestors (though inferior to Yorubas) are not really as foolishly inferior as you’ve painted them here.

Instead, they were simply insisting on an ethnic claim which as they’ve consistently maintained since the pre-1970s (and into the centuries past) that their oba dynasty originated from Yorubaland — Ife precisely.

Cc: r4bbit

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 11:34pm On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:
Congratulations to this Olodos for bringing up a baseless argument .
Congrats @
Gregyboy And Truthbeatslies

I laff grin in yoruba

Now i see why TAO11 keeps trashing you guys...
You people are too stupid to ignore
Flesh and blood did not reveal the bolded to you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 11:47pm On Aug 07, 2021
TAO11:
You’re fleeing because I debunked you and exposed your stupidity to onlookers? cheesy

Your moniker(s) has been associated with the word “disgrace”. Àlọ rámi-rámi! grin

Again, Adaji Crowther is a linguist, not a historian. He never claimed to be writing a history book.

His writings which touch on Yoruba accounts is thus a side-step — nothing extensive.

Moreover, the Yorubas originated (and have been) in existence for millenniums before Oduduwa lived.

In contrast, S. Johnson was writing a book specifically on history — a comprehensive one at that.

As such, it is expected that his writings should extend to the latter period of Yoruba history — that is, the Oduduwa period.

Having debunked your insinuation, you still haven’t proven that your great-grand father is real. grin

Peace! cheesy

Gibberish garbage.. No refrence no article, no logic just mere Words from a trans she hopes i take serious...

Since we been asking u to prove you're ain't a trans have you attempted proving us otherwise...

This one when you call am crowther adeji, eblike say u b know am reach e papa house, you come self know say na linguistic nor b historian... Lol..

Samuel johson e nor b linguistic abi... But e wrote a detailed vocabulary of yoruba language mire detailed than ajayi.

You know what Bleep off
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 11:52pm On Aug 07, 2021
gregyboy:
[s]Oduduwa was invented by Samuel johson in his book history of yorubas in 1897....[/s]
No he wasn’t.

But if you would insist, then prove your delusions by citing a peer-reviewed journal article backing you. cheesy

[s]Samuel ajayi crowther never mentioned any existence of oduduwa in his document on the origin of yoruba people ajayi had written is account earlier than Samuel.. J[/s]
Neither did he deny Oduduwa’s existence.

Moreover, he was a linguist, not a historian. He never claimed to be writing a history book. His witings are on grammar, etc.

As such, whenever his writings touch on some Yoruba accounts, it is understood to be a side-step and nothing extensive.

Moreover, the Yorubas originated, and have been in existence for millenniums before Oduduwa lived.

As such, it is expected that his writings should extend to the latter period of our history — that is, it should extend to the Oduduwa period.

Having debunked your insinuation, you are still yet to prove that your great-grand father is real.

[s]Benin attaching herself to the Oduduwa myth in the early 20th century in a bid for political favour gave life to the myth[/s]
No, Benin have been attaching herself to Yoruba since. at least, the 1800s — not “20th century”.

What political favour was Benin trying to get from the Yorubas in the 1800s (or earlier) that caused Benin to sell its supposedly different heritage?

Like I always say, you are a disgrace to yourself, your family members, and your friends.

And readers can agree with me on that obviously.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 11:54pm On Aug 07, 2021
gregyboy:

Since we been asking u to prove you're ain't a trans have you attempted proving us otherwise...

She no need to prove anything to you....
You are only a joke.....
Besides it's off the topic.. Mumu
Say something else

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 12:01am On Aug 08, 2021
gregyboy:
[s]Gibberish garbage.. No refrence no article, no logic just mere Words from a trans she hopes i take serious...[/s]
LMAO! He needs reference that Adjai Crowther is a linguist, and not a historian.

Do you have reading phobia, that you can’t check that out yourself?

Like I always say, you are a disgrace to yourself, your family members, and friends.

I hope your bitterness from this flogging session has not caused you to be considering Sniper as Fanta. Haha. grin

I also heard that your dad is not your real dad. Could you please prove that he is your real dad? Thanks.

[s]Since we been asking u to prove you're ain't a trans have you attempted proving us otherwise...[/s]
What kind of proof would you like to see? cheesy

Also, you haven’t proven that your father is your real father — don’t tell me he gave your verbal evidence.

You don’t agree with such evidence. Do you?

Hold your mom tight. She would confess.

[s]This one when you call am crowther adeji, eblike say u b know am reach e papa house, you come self know say na linguistic nor b historian... Lol..[/s]
Bishop Samuel Adjai Crowther is a linguist, not a historian.

You’re a disgrace to yourself and the Edo race for not knowing this before now.

[s]Samuel johson e nor b linguistic abi... But e wrote a detailed vocabulary of yoruba language mire detailed than ajayi.[/s]
Samuel Johson is not a linguistic linguist, and his work is not a linguistic work. His work is a work on history. A comprehensive one at that. cheesy

You know what Bleep off
Talk to a therapist before Sniper begins to look like Fanta to you oo. LMAO!

Peace. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 6:39am On Aug 08, 2021
TAO11:
LMAO! He needs reference that Adjai Crowther is a linguist, and not a historian.

Do you have reading phobia, that you can’t check that out yourself?

Like I always say, you are a disgrace to yourself, your family members, and friends.

I hope your bitterness from this flogging session has not caused you to be considering Sniper as Fanta. Haha. grin

I also heard that your dad is not your real dad. Could you please prove that he is your real dad? Thanks.

What kind of proof would you like to see? cheesy

Also, you haven’t proven that your father is your real father — don’t tell me he gave your verbal evidence.

You don’t agree with such evidence. Do you?

Hold your mom tight. She would confess.

Bishop Samuel Adjai Crowther is a linguist, not a historian.

You’re a disgrace to yourself and the Edo race for not knowing this before now.

Samuel Johson is not a linguistic linguist, and his work is not a linguistic work. His work is a work on history. A comprehensive one at that. cheesy

Talk to a therapist before Sniper begins to look like Fanta to you oo. LMAO!

Peace. cheesy

Lol, funny... Who is debatibg you on the lingustoc and historian issues i only dwelt on it... To make you see how silly and defenseless you're.... To me but trans wants to dwell on it to prove her point

Even if crowther is a lingistic are you telling me he doesn't know the history of his people so because he is not a Lingustic he wouldn't know his name of his father.... grin silly excuse

You can't even defend odudwa existence in Yoruba land but you're aiming to defend it in benin.... What an irony...

My damage is already done it is not you to concur... But the readers, your obsssesion is my drive...

Lingustic... Ni
Historian.... Ko

Lol
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 6:43am On Aug 08, 2021
r4bbit:

She no need to prove anything to you....
You are only a joke.....
Besides it's off the topic.. Mumu
Say something else

And her anology was not off the topic..

Sympathetic support,
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 7:27am On Aug 08, 2021
TAO11:
No he wasn’t.

But if you would insist, then prove your delusions by citing a peer-reviewed journal article backing you. cheesy

Neither did he deny Oduduwa’s existence.

Moreover, he was a linguist, not a historian. He never claimed to be writing a history book. His witings are on grammar, etc.

[s]As such, whenever his writings touch on some Yoruba accounts, it is understood to be a side-step and nothing extensive[/s]

Moreover, the Yorubas originated, and have been in existence for millenniums before Oduduwa lived

Having debunked your insinuation, you are still yet to prove that your great-grand father is real.

No, Benin have been attaching herself to Yoruba since. at least, the [b]1800[/b]s — not “20th century”.

What political favour was Benin trying to get from the Yorubas in the 1800s (or earlier) that caused Benin to sell its supposedly different heritage?

Like I always say, you are a disgrace to yourself, your family members, and your friends.

And readers can agree with me on that obviously.

The binis sold their history off after 1914

And ajayi. C gave s short history. Here is the screenshot, tell me if this is not compressive enough, i wonder what you call comprehensive.... Trans??

It was even samuel johson too that invented Oromiyan shit of an history into oyo .. There was nothing like Oromiyan in kantanga (oyo) described by ajayi crowther

Another debate here you and your brothers deniel is the word yoruba was not gotten from fulani Yoruba meaning cunning.. Lol.. And you Yorubas expect me to believe your own new version which says otherwise.... Cunning people

To your statement i slashed up there it was pointless so i slashed them out

Note : no one is arguing with you that Oduduwa Didn' meet niggas in ife prior to his arrival, get this right at the arrival of oduduwa in ife that he begot his own family which later originated various yoruba communities of today... You see why i slashed that point of yours out

I shouldn't even be doing this with you... I feel catching cruise for the main time

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 7:33am On Aug 08, 2021
gregyboy:
[s]Lol, funny... Who is debatibg you on the lingustoc and historian issues i only dwelt on it... To make you see how silly and defenseless you're.... To me but trans wants to dwell on it to prove her point

Even if crowther is a lingistic are you telling me he doesn't know the history of his people so because he is not a Lingustic he wouldn't know his name of his father.... grin silly excuse

You can't even defend odudwa existence in Yoruba land but you're aiming to defend it in benin.... What an irony...

My damage is already done it is not you to concur... But the readers, your obsssesion is my drive...

Lingustic... Ni
Historian.... Ko

Lol[/s]
I love how you don’t really try to hard to be foolish.

You basically asked why a linguist didn’t document an extensive history of the Yorubas (from the beginning all the way to the Oduduwa period) in his grammar books, his dictionary, etc.

If you can read in English language, then you should, by now, have realized how reta.rded you appear.

There is a reason why God has left stupid people (like you) to be alive. It is so that people like me may have someone to laugh at.

Peace! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 7:38am On Aug 08, 2021
TAO11:

You basically asked why a linguist didn’t document an extensive history of the Yorubas (from the beginning all the way to the Oduduwa period) in his grammar books, his dictionary, etc.

If you can read in English language, then you should, by now, have realized how reta.rded you appear.

There is a reason why God has left stupid people (like you) to be alive. It is so that people like me may have someone to laugh at.

Peace! cheesy

Yoruba history written by ajayi crowther...

I notice when you want to, make a big blow.. On benins... Lol trans you will tag up, all your yoruba supporters both far and near to watch you shoot on benins, the gun still hits no were just noise....

I suppose youre not doing that now because i am the one landing you blow but still help tag your brothers

Cc samuk

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 7:39am On Aug 08, 2021
gregyboy:
[s]The binis sold their history off after 1914[/s]
Well, unfortunately for your, the Benin kings have been attaching themselves to the Yorubas since the 1800s (and earlier), NOT from your fictional 1914.

You’re trying hard to push the idea that the ancestors of the Binis are inferior to the Yorubas. I agree.

However, I do not believe they’re so foolishly inferior as you’ve been painting them to be — i.e. that they LIED that their kingship originate from the Yorubas.

Instead, your ancestors’ claim that their monarchy did originate from the Yorubas — Ife precisely — is not a LIE.

No, they were simply insisting on their truth. A claim an ethnic claim which they’ve consistently maintained since the pre-1970s (to the 1800s and into the distant centuries past).

[s]And ajayi. C gave s short history. Here is the screenshot, tell me if this is not compressive enough, i wonder what you call comprehensive.... Trans??
It was even samuel johson too that invented Oromiyan shit of an history into oyo .. There was nothing like Oromiyan in kantanga (oyo) described by ajayi crowther
Another debate here you and your brothers deniel is the word yoruba was not gotten from fulani Yoruba meaning cunning.. Lol.. And you Yorubas expect me to believe your own new version which says otherwise.... Cunning people
Note : no one is arguing with you that Oduduwa Didn' meet niggas in ife prior to his arrival, get this right at the arrival of oduduwa in ife that he begot his own family which later originated various yoruba communities of today... You see why i slashed that point of yours out
I shouldn't even be doing this with you... I feel catching cruise for the main time[/s]
Gregyboy the receiver of humiliation on behalf of Benin kingdom.

Did your Oba Ewuare 2 forbid Binis from using their brains on Sundays?

It appears that this it the case as you have failed to let your brain do its job.

Quick Points:
(1) S. A. Crowther’s book (from which you attached 3 shots) is a book entitled “Vocabulary of the Yoruba Language” — a grammar book.

(2) This grammar book is actually 202 pages long (including the side-step on history).

(3) His side-step on history (i.e. the “Introductory Remarks”) covers only 7 pages out of the whole 202 pages.

In other words, what you call “comprehensive” is only about 3.5% of the whole written content. Lol.

(4) The short side-step on history actually deals with two parts — namely; (1) The account of creation at Ife, and (2) The Oyo kingdom.

(5) Nothing is said in this short “Introductory Remarks” about the kings of the 1st Ife dynasty, let alone about the kings of the 2nd Ife dynasty — that is, the Oduduwa period.

His short “Introductory Remarks” jumps from creation story at Ife to Oyo and some of its kings.

(6) No allusion was made at all (in his 3.5% side-step) to any of the two dynastic rules at Ife. As such the issue of Oduduwa’s name not appearing doesn’t come up.

(7) You may have had a point (not necessarily actually) if the period of Oduduwa’s rule had been related by S. A. Crowther without any mention of his name.

At this point, you should have realized that you proved yourself to be a disgrace to the Benin people yet again. cheesy

——————
Regarding Oyo, it is clear that English comprehension is the trouble here — and that is understandable as your first language is NOT English.

Could you please point out where S. A. Crowther said Ajagbo was the first Alaafin of Oyo?

Crowther can safely trace back the reigns to the king Ajagbo is NOT one and the same thing as saying that Ajagbo is the first. Enrol in a school. cheesy

——————
Lastly, “Edo” is from an Igala word meaning “natural slaves”. /s

But “Yoruba” (or any of its variant pronunciation) has nothing whatsoever to do with Hausa or Fulfude.

On the contrary, a European explorer named Richard F. Burton visited Yorubaland in the 1800s and found that the people are well-aware of the etymology of the name “Yoruba”.

This etymology (which R. Burton incorporated into his 1863 publication) is said by him to be well-known as “Ori-Obba” — the “Head King”.

Cry me an ocean! grin

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 7:40am On Aug 08, 2021
TAO11:
Y

Why what have you gone konkos
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 7:42am On Aug 08, 2021
TAO11:

Peace! cheesy

I like when you keep, it short tells me your lies
Are on hold because my truth is choking it down
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 9:07am On Aug 08, 2021
gregyboy:
[s]Yoruba history written by ajayi crowther...
I notice when you want to, make a big blow.. On benins... Lol trans you will tag up, all your yoruba supporters both far and near to watch you shoot on benins, the gun still hits no were just noise....
I suppose youre not doing that now because i am the one landing you blow but still help tag your brothers
Cc samuk[/s]

gregyboy:
[s]I like when you keep, it short tells me your lies Are on hold because my truth is choking it down[/s]

gregyboy:
[s]The binis sold their history off after 1914[/s]
Well, unfortunately for your, the Benin kings have been attaching themselves to the Yorubas since the 1800s (and earlier), NOT from your fictional 1914.

You’re trying hard to push the idea that the ancestors of the Binis are inferior to the Yorubas. I agree.

However, I do not believe they’re so foolishly inferior as you’ve been painting them to be — i.e. that they LIED that their kingship originate from the Yorubas.

Instead, your ancestors’ claim that their monarchy did originate from the Yorubas — Ife precisely — is not a LIE.

No, they were simply insisting on their truth. A claim an ethnic claim which they’ve consistently maintained since the pre-1970s (to the 1800s and into the distant centuries past).

[s]And ajayi. C gave s short history. Here is the screenshot, tell me if this is not compressive enough, i wonder what you call comprehensive.... Trans??
I shouldn't even be doing this with you... I feel catching cruise for the main time[/s]

It appears that this it the case as you have failed to let your brain do its job.

Quick Points:
(1) S. A. Crowther’s book (from which you attached 3 shots) is a book entitled “Vocabulary of the Yoruba Language” — a grammar book.

(2) This grammar book is actually 202 pages long (including the side-step on history).

(3) His side-step on history (i.e. the “Introductory Remarks”) covers only 7 pages out of the whole 202 pages.

In other words, what you call “comprehensive” is only about 3.5% of the whole written content. Lol.

(4) The short side-step on history actually deals with two parts — namely; (1) The account of creation at Ife, and (2) The Oyo kingdom.

(5) Nothing is said in this short “Introductory Remarks” about the kings of the 1st Ife dynasty, let alone about the kings of the 2nd Ife dynasty — that is, the Oduduwa period.

His short “Introductory Remarks” jumps from creation story at Ife to Oyo and some of its kings.

(6) No allusion was made at all (in his 3.5% side-step) to any of the two dynastic rules at Ife. As such the issue of Oduduwa’s name not appearing doesn’t come up.

(7) You may have had a point (not necessarily actually) if the period of Oduduwa’s rule had been related by S. A. Crowther without any mention of his name.

At this point, you should have realized that you proved yourself to be a disgrace to the Benin people yet again. cheesy

——————
Regarding Oyo, it is clear that English comprehension is the trouble here — and that is understandable as your first language is NOT English.

Could you please point out where S. A. Crowther said Ajagbo was the first Alaafin of Oyo?

Crowther can safely trace back the reigns to the king Ajagbo is NOT one and the same thing as saying that Ajagbo is the first. Enrol in a school. cheesy

——————

But “Yoruba” (or any of its variant pronunciation) has nothing whatsoever to do with Hausa or Fulfude.

On the contrary, a European explorer named Richard F. Burton visited Yorubaland in the 1800s and found that the people are well-aware of the etymology of the name “Yoruba”.

This etymology (which R. Burton incorporated into his 1863 publication) is said by him to be well-known as “Ori-Obba” — the “Head King”.

Cry me an ocean! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 10:35am On Aug 08, 2021
TAO11:

Quick Points:

——————

——————

This etymology (which R. Burton incorporated into his 1863 publication) lis said by him to be well-known as “Ori-Obba” — the “Head King”.

Cry me an ocean! grin

All i see is tears.....

Oduduwa and Oromiyan was skipped in the narration of yoruba history...

With the variant history of oduduwa by the yorubas some narrative believed he formed ife, the others believed he came after ife was found.....

But one general thing about these various accounts is the name Oduduwa is always present in the narration of ife ...
Since after samuel johson invented the frictional history the traditions has always been like that
Ajayi didnt follow such traditions because Oduduwa was not yet invented by johson

After Samuel johson invention of Oduduwa have you ever seen any historian mention ife without mentioning Oduduwa... They both are like beans and bread....

Johson (1897), invented Oduduwa narrative into ife a then very religious town of the yorubas, in a bid to unite the war raging yoruba people into one ancestory to promote oneness....

You can fight this with your tears if you can.. But your teeth won't tear my skin your tears could hurt me slightly if its bucket full

Very cunny Yoruba people no wonder the hausa tagged you lot with such name for centuries

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2021
gregyboy:

[s]And her analogy was not off the topic..
[/s]
It's off the topic, and Yet, you still got it wrong lol ,like all your stories. It's also baseless.

You have no idea how ridiculous you sound grin

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
gregyboy:

[s]
All i see is tears.....

With the variant history of oduduwa by the yorubas some narrative believed he formed ife, the others believed he came after ife was found.....

But one general thing about these various accounts is the name Oduduwa is always present in the narration of ife ...
Since after samuel johson invented the frictional history the traditions has always been like that
Ajayi didnt follow such traditions because Oduduwa was not yet invented by johson

After Samuel johson invention of Oduduwa have you ever seen any historian mention ife without mentioning Oduduwa... They both are like beans and bread....

Johson (1897), invented Oduduwa narrative into ife a then very religious town of the yorubas, in a bid to unite the war raging yoruba people into one ancestory to promote oneness....

You can fight this with your tears if you can.. But your teeth won't tear my skin your tears could hurt me slightly if its bucket full

Very cunny Yoruba people no wonder the hausa tagged you lot with such name for centuries[/s]
Johnson Samuel did not invent Oduduwa ..
Folktales of oduduwa have always been in the ears ...of yorubas even before he(johnson) was born....

You are a joke .... grin
Anything else you will like to say? cheesy

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 6:30pm On Aug 08, 2021
gregyboy:
[s]All i see is tears.....

Very cunny Yoruba people no wonder the hausa tagged you lot with such name for centuries[/s]
You this Edo boy (“Edo” means “natural slave” by the way). /s cheesy

When would you stop being humiliated on behalf of Benin Kingdom? grin Are you descended from a sword bearer’s family?

All your innuendos are being trashed one by one — is it because you yourself are a trash? grin

(1) You claimed that Bishop Samuel Adjai Crowther was a historian.

That was debunked as he was a linguist.

(2) You claimed he wrote a Yoruba history book and a comprehensive one at that.

That was debunked via the fact that he didn’t write a single Yoruba history book.

Instead, he wrote his grammar books, dictionaries, etc. one of which featured 7 pages (out of 202 pages) as an (obviously very brief) introductory remark on:

(A) The account of origin/creation in Ife

(B) The account of some of the kings of Oyo.

(3) You claimed that A. Crowther’s cOmPrEhEnSive account of Yoruba history [actually an extremely brief remark of 7 out of 202 pages] covers the period of kingships in Ife — and that Oduduwa’s name was omitted from the list of Ife kings.

That was debunked by the fact that Crowther’s very brief remark (on “history”) in that book of grammar has nothing to do with the period of kingships in Ife.

As such omitting Oduduwa’s name from the list of Ife kings doesn’t even come up. Stop hallucinating. cheesy

(4) You claimed that Oranmiyan was not the first king of Oyo according to S. Crowther.

That was the debunked by the fact that S. Crowther never talked about any first king of Oyo.

(5) You claimed that the name “Yoruba” (or any of its variant pronunciations by foreign tongues) originated from a Fulani/Hausa word.

That was debunked by the fact that it (i.e. “Yoruba” or any of its variant pronunciations by foreign tongues) has absolutely no meaning in Hausa or Fulfude.

It was also debunked by the fact that Richard Burton in 1863 published that the etymology of this name is something which is well-known among the Yorubas as being from the Yoruba phrase “Ori-Obba”— that is, the “Head King”.

(6) In conclusion, your laughable claim that S. Johnson (one of the Yoruba writers after S. Crowther) actually invented Oduduwa/Oranmiyan is one of those claims which are a figment of your wild/slavish imagination.

And since you’ve failed to prove your wish, could you then cite a peer-reviewed journal article which helps you to achieve what you intended? I hope not to wait forever.

As everyone now knows, you’re a disgrace to yourself, to your family and friends. cheesy

——————
Regarding your latest innuendos in your reply here:

(1) Again, S. A. Crowther’s 7-page brief side-step (out of his grammar book of 202 pages in sum) actually deals with only two things, viz.

(A) The account of origin/creation in Ife.

The first of these two is an allegorical creation story which no historian claims is literal history.

Neither did I claim it’s literal history at any point. This is simply a story foundational to religious beliefs.

It is an allegory, and as such may feature names that keeps changing from source to source.

For example, the Ifa source (Odu Oturupon-Wonifa to be precise) gives the names of these heavenly beings as Oduduwa, Orunmila, et al.

And there are books on the Yoruba people’s religion, etc. (published before Johnson’s history) which shows the name Oduduwa as one of these heavenly deities. See A.B. Ellis (1894).

Away from religious story and back to history now: In the whole of his 7 (out of 202) pages brief remark on the accounts of the Yorubas, his only touch on history is the half on Oyo and some of its kings.

No where in his very brief remark on “history” (in the grammar book) did he mention anything that has to do with the second dynasty of kings in Ife.

As such, your iSsuE of the OmMisSiOn of Oduduwa’s name from Ife’s history/kings is actually a very classic example of an absurd counter discourse. grin

———————
Regarding your attachment wherein you seem to be insinuating that Professor Robin Horton affirms the claim (by foreign elements) that Yorubas emerged in the Middle East and sometimes later migrated from there to occupy ancient Ife:

Well, I’m sorry to break it to you that I have a copy of Robin Horton’s work here with me, and what he did was simply to first list that story of migration from the Middle East, and then debunk it thoroughly based on evidence from archaeology, lexicostatistics, among others.

In the end, all the modern scientific evidence agrees with the Yorubas’ own traditions of autochthonous origin.

Why are you a serial loser? cheesy

Cheers!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 9:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
TAO11:
You this Edo boy (“Edo” means “natural slave”) by the way. /s cheesy

When would you stop being humiliated on behalf of Benin Kingdom? grin Are you descended from a sword bearer’s family?

All your innuendos are being trashed one by one — is it because you yourself are a trash? grin

That was debunked via the fact that he didn’t write a single Yoruba history book.

Instead, he wrote his grammar books, dictionaries, etc. one of which featured 7 pages (out of 202 pages) as an (obviously very brief) introductory remark on:

(3) You claimed that A. Crowther’s cOmPrEhEnSive account of Yoruba history [actually an extremely brief remark of 7 out of 202 pages] covers the period of kingships in Ife — and that Oduduwa’s name was omitted from the list of Ife Ife kings.

That was debunked by the fact that Crowther’s very brief remark (on “history”) in that book of grammar has nothing to do with the period of kingships in Ife.

As such omitting Oduduwa’s name from the list of Ife kings doesn’t even come up. Stop hallucinating. cheesy

(4) You claimed that Oranmiyan was not the first king of Oyo according to S. Crowther.

That was the debunked by the fact that S. Crowther never talked about any first king of Oyo.

(5) You claimed that the name “Yoruba” (or any of its variant pronunciations by foreign tongues) originated from a Fulani/Hausa word.

That was debunked by the fact that it (i.e. “Yoruba” or any of its variant pronunciations by foreign tongues) has absolutely no meaning in Hausa or Fulfude.

It was also debunked by the fact that Richard Burton in 1863 published that the etymology of this name is something which is well-known among the Yorubas as being from the Yoruba phrase “Ori-Obba”— that is, the “Head King”.

(6) In conclusion, your laughable claim that S. Johnson (one of the Yoruba writers after S. Crowther) actually invented Oduduwa/Oranmiyan is one of those claims which are a figment of your wild/slavish imagination.

And since you’ve failed to prove your wish, could you then cite a peer-reviewed journal article which helps you to achieve what you intended? I hope not to wait forever.

As everyone now knows, you’re a disgrace to yourself, to your family and friends. cheesy

——————

(1) Again, S. A. Crowther’s 7-page brief side-step (out of his grammar book of 202 pages in sum) actually deals with only two things, viz.

The first of these two is an allegorical creation story which no historian claims is literal history.

Neither did I claim it’s literal history at any point. This is simply a story foundational to religious beliefs.

It is an allegory, and as such may feature names, etc. that keeps changing from source to source.

For example, the Ifa source (Odu Oturupon-Wonifa to be precise) gives the names of these heavenly beings as Oduduwa, Orunmila, et al.

And there are books on the Yoruba people’s religion, etc. (published before Johnson’s history) which shows the name Oduduwa as one of these heavenly deities tasked with the creation. See A.B. Ellis (1894).

Away from religious story and back to history now: In the whole of his 7 (out of 202) pages brief remark on the accounts of the Yorubas, his only touch on history is the half on Oyo and some of its kings.

No where in his very brief remark on “history” (in the grammar book) did he mention anything that has to do with the second dynasty of kings in Ife.

As such, your iSsuE of the OmMisSiOn of Oduduwa’s name from Ife’s history/kings is actually a very classic example of an absurd counter discourse. grin

———————
Regarding your attachment wherein you seem to be insinuating that Professor Robin Horton affirms the claim (by foreign elements) that Yorubas emerged in the Middle East and sometimes later migrated from there to occupy ancient Ife:

Well, I’m sorry to break it to you that I have a copy of Robin Horton’s work here with me, and what he did was simply to first list that story of migration from the Middle East, and then debunk it thoroughly via evidence from archaeology, lexicostatistics, among others.

In the end, all the modern scientific evidence agrees with the Yorubas’ own traditions of autochthonous origin.

Cheers!

Mhen you like talk... All this talks were off point

What got my attentuon was there was a book published before johson talking about Oduduwa

I need to see the refrence date and the book
Presented to me directly and share me the link to the direct site were i can acess it

Lets see if he copied johson unpublished works

I love given you though times,...

As for the rest comment they were mere vibration
That would be left pending depending on the answer to the 1899 publication
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 10:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
TAO11:
You this Edo boy (“Edo” means “natural slave”) by the way. /s cheesy

(3) You claimed that A. Crowther’s cOmPrEhEnSive account of Yoruba history [actually an extremely brief remark of 7 out of 202 pages] covers the period of kingships in Ife — and that Oduduwa’s name was omitted from the list of Ife Ife kings.

——————

It is an allegory, and as such may feature names, etc. that keeps changing from source to source.

And there are books on the Yoruba people’s religion, etc. (published before Johnson’s history) which shows the name Oduduwa as one of these heavenly deities tasked with the creation. See A.B. Ellis (1894).

———————

Well, I’m sorry to break it to you that I have a copy of Robin Horton’s work here with me, and what he did was simply to first list that story of migration from the Middle East, and then debunk it thoroughly via evidence from archaeology, lexicostatistics, among others.

Cheers!

Be ashamed when you want to convince people about you lies... You write a whole article of mentions for it.... Who won read am mumu...

Only this writeup took 4 and half pace of my screen length ...

Non of your yoruba colleagues reads it... They would take poison than read your lengthy writeup, they just dish you likes for general support and call you out like a stray dog when they need you to scatter a thread
Fucking keep it short i barely read them... I only skim through.. Were i find intriguing i make my point

Keep it short ha, lieon...
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 10:14pm On Aug 08, 2021
gregyboy:
[s]More you like talk... All this talks were off point
What got my attentuon was there was a book published before johson talking about Oduduwa
I need to see the refrence date and the book
Presented to me directly and share me the link to the direct site were i can acess it
Lets see if he copied johson unpublished works
I love given you though times,...
As for the rest comment they were mere vibration
That would be left pending depending on the answer to the 1899 publication[/s]

gregyboy:
[s]Be ashamed whrn you want to convince people about you lies... You write a whole article for it.... Who won read am mumu...

Only this writeup took 4 and half pace of my screen from length to breadth...

Non of yoruba colleagues reads it... They would take poison than read your length writeup they just dish you likes for general support and calls you out like a dog when they need you to scatter a thread
Fucking keep it short i barely read it... I only skim through.. Were i find intriguing i make my point[/s]
The rants of a conquered slave. cheesy

Your tears taste sweet.

Give me more. grin

Peace. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 10:43pm On Aug 08, 2021
TAO11:

The rants of a conquered slave. cheesy

Your tears taste sweet.

Give me more. grin

Peace. cheesy

Still need to see the article of the mention of oduduwa prior to johson 1897 publication

Dont use the laff to evade it
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 10:52pm On Aug 08, 2021
gregyboy:
[s]Still need to see the article of the mention of oduduwa prior to johson 1897 publication. Dont use the laff to evade it[/s]
Go and see it now. I hold you? cheesy

By the way it is a book, not an article. Olodo! grin

A. B. Ellis, “The Yoruba Speaking Peoples,” (1894).

TAO11:

And there are books on the Yoruba people’s religion, etc. (published before Johnson’s history) which shows the name Oduduwa as one of these heavenly deities. See A.B. Ellis (1894).

Gregyboy, remember you’re still my conquered slave oo.

Peace! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 10:57pm On Aug 08, 2021
TAO11:
Go and see it now. I hold you? cheesy

By the way it is a book, not an article. Olodo! grin

A. B. Ellis, “The Yoruba Speaking Peoples,” (1894).

Lol... I don stress am... You u go hear am for my hand

Send me the direct link to the book make it accessible
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 11:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
gregyboy:
[s]Lol... I don stress am... You u go hear am for my hand
Send me the direct link to the book make it accessible[/s]
Stress me?

I am actually making you go viral as a dense. Those who didn’t know before, now know. cheesy

As for the link, talk to your parents, let them know you are in dire need of a book.

Also let them know that a Yoruba lady on Nairaland has refused to buy it for you.

Gregyboy, my slave. Thank God you’re on Nairaland, who would have been a greater laughing stock than you? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 11:13pm On Aug 08, 2021
gregyboy:

Lol... I don stress am... You u go hear am for my hand

Send me the direct link to the book make it accessible
TAO11 has given you everything you need to get the book.

Olodo grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 11:15pm On Aug 08, 2021
TAO11:
Stress me?

I am actually making you go viral as a dense. Those who didn’t know before, now know. cheesy

As for the link, talk to your parents, let them know you are in dire need of a book.

Also let them know that a Yoruba lady on Nairaland has refused to buy it for you.

Gregyboy, my slave. Thank God you’re on Nairaland, who would have been a greater laughing stock than you? cheesy
The guy is an idiot grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 11:30pm On Aug 08, 2021
gregyboy:

Only this writeup took 4 and half pace of my screen length ...

Non of your yoruba colleagues reads it... They would take poison than read your lengthy writeup, they just dish you likes for general support and call you out like a stray dog when they need you to scatter a thread
Fucking keep it short i barely read them... I only skim through.. Were i find intriguing i make my point

I read it ...
You should to,(to the full including the references) maybe daht way you go get some sense. I know it may take you days but when you finally finish reading it, am sure your life will neva remain de same grin
Olodo grin

I like you though cuz yu make me laff

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Supreme Court Judgement: Nwagboso Congratulates Governor Otti / UK Backs Nigeria On Mali Mission / Dakuku Peterside After His Defeat(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.