Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,599 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife (5415 Views)

Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps / Insecurity: We Are Working Very Hard, I Hope Nigerians Will Understand – Buhari / Insecurity: We Are Handling Security Well, Osinbajo Tells Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Kaybee9033: 8:57am On Jul 31, 2021
Ooni of Ife, His Royal Majesty, HRM, Adeyeye Adewusi in his goodwill message intoned that Nigeria’s foundation was wrong.

He emphasized the inclusion of Nigerian youths in the system to help salvage the country.

“Our dear country Nigeria is the binding force for each and every one of us here today. We don’t have any other place. The nation belongs to all of us. We are here talking. “In our dear country that has brought all of us together here, the youngest serving governor is only 46 years old. And we all know the demography of this country.

“The demography of this country is above 50 all the way to the age of dependency is less than 30 per cent. But between the age of 18 and under 40, we have them in numbers of more than 70 per cent. And we are talking about security here.Who are the active participants whenever we have a breakdown of law and order? It is the average age of 18 and 39, and that is the truth. Are they ghosts? Are they invisible? The answer is no. They are human beings
“But every time we are talking the talk, the Number 2 man, Number 3 man, Number 4 man, they are all saying the same thing the way His Eminence said it. And the participants are not faceless; they are not ghosts. It is very idiotic and stupid for us to be doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. We will continue to get the same results.

“Let us be very truthful and honest to ourselves in this country, we all know the problems. How well are we carrying along with these people in that age bracket? Who is representing that age bracket in this hall? The answer is no one. We are not engaging them at all. But whenever we want to go for political posts and appointments, we go back to them. We know the good, the bad, and the ugly in their category.
“As traditional rulers, they are the most active in our system. Let us tell ourselves the truth, they are hungry and they are angry. I repeat: they are hungry and they are very angry. All of us that are here, I will be very happy if anybody can raise up their hand and say ‘I can go to my constituency, my local government area, and I can stay there in peace for one week.’ Who can do it here? Including our gatekeepers, who can do it here? Including the Senate President, including the Speaker.
“But you left the traditional rulers; you left district heads, the baales to continue to stay there. And you are saying all will be well in this country. We are the ones facing these youths; we know their problems and we have been talking every time. You sit in beautiful offices and you all think all will be well? Let us be very truthful in this country. Look at this beautiful building; as beautiful as this building is, if the foundation is wrong, the entire building will collapse because the foundation has a problem.
“In this gathering, the Senate President mentioned the key factor – the collapse of local government. It has collapsed. Let us be very truthful to ourselves, it has collapsed completely. That is the only arm of government that is the foundation of this country; you don’t have any other foundation. We are only building on a castle that has completely broken down. That is the foundation that will gather the most active age bracket for you in this country. You say we have 774 local governments and several wards. Where do we have the wards being put together?
“It is under the local government’s constituency. They are underfunded; you don’t even reference them for anything; you don’t even care about their administration. Where did we get it wrong in this country? We all have faults – all of us here. If we keep talking, we will not get any results. It is getting worse.
“They are getting more emboldened. They are not very bold and they are ready to face anybody because they are hungry and they are angry. Let us change our strategy. Let us change our style. You leave this age bracket. If there will be problems, you give them guns to start to move around. You will never see anybody above our age in our comfort zone here that is really ready to face the music.

“It is very important for all of us to know that we are not all safe; we are not safe at all. Let us engage a lot of youth organisations that are very relevant; that understand the local government administration and governance within every district and locality of this country. It is very important for us to continue to engage them in every programme we do in this country. You have neglected that category completely. In the hall we are right now, you have neglected them because they are not represented here; they are not at all. So, what are we going to come out here to talk about? And that is our foundation. It is our foundation.

“We should be very serious in this country. We should talk very seriously. This issue of security is not the problem of the service chiefs; it is not the problem of the lawmakers; it is not the problem of the executive arm of government; it is a problem of all of us.
“How many of this active population that is under you that you are taking care of? What is the essence of you being a politician that you cannot even move around freely? You cannot! Do you think only Abuja is Nigeria? Or Lagos? Thirty-six states of this country, people are there and you left them. You abandoned them. And you are making laws and administering. What are you administering? I do not know.

“So, let us talk to ourselves very seriously. The people that are not ghosts; these people that are agitating left and right, we need to engage them. We need to actually engage them and separate the corn from the chaff. We know the good and the bad amongst them.
“We can easily separate them by engaging them. Draw them closer. If we engage the people that are active, it will be a lot easier for us. On this note, I want to thank the organisers and I want to tell is that enough of talking the talk, let us walk the talk”, he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naKnbM8az3o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by donbachi(m): 9:06am On Jul 31, 2021
The youths na egbe wagers.
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 07, 2021
The true history of the yoruba:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llporKrPsbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2hU-ibkPfg

Please kindly help me locate one of these 5 things:

1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
4) ife battle against britain
5) ife republic
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 11:52am On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
5) ife republic
If you believe that shit then you are a fool

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:

If you believe that shit then you are fool
I believe only what is preceded by proof, and this video is a well researched work with proof.
The scientific way is to believe proof, I guess your own way of thinking is to believe your feelings. Truth hurts.

Also, what is there to believe in my question ?

1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
5) ife republic

Just answer the question.
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

I believe only what is preceded by proof, and this video is a well researched work with proof.
The scientific way is to believe proof, I guess your own way of thinking is to believe your feelings. Truth hurts.

Also, what is there to believe in my question ?

1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
5) ife republic

Mumu... If it's proof that you want I will give you ,so stay tuned....
And it's oyo empire not ife empire.. Olodo

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:

Mumu... If it's proof that you want I will give you ,so stay tuned....
And it's oyo empire not ife empire.. Olodo

1)Ok, so you agree ife empire never existed. Explain why oni of ifa is calling himself emperor. He is the emperor of an empire which never existed.
2) oyo was a small and weak kingdom which got obliterated by the fulani in its early days.
3) proof is already given in the videos about yoruba history, you can't prove the negation of an already proven fact.

1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
5) ife republic
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 12:30pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

1)Ok, so you agree ife empire never existed. Explain why oni of ifa is calling himself emperor. He is the emperor of an empire which never existed.
2) oyo was a small and weak kingdom which got obliterated by the fulani in its early days.
3) proof is already given in the videos about yoruba history, you can't prove the negation of an already proven fact.

1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
5) ife republic
Oya come let me lecture you.... Take a sit
..you see

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:

Oya come let me lecture you.... Take a sit
..you see
I doubt that your education excedes mine. You can't lecture a guy who can lecture your teachers. That guy is me.
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 12:49pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
5) ife republic

Olodo... Oya take a sit let me lecture you
The Yoruba country can be found around west of the Niger river and South quorra which is the western part of the same river..having Dahomey on the west and bight of Benin to the south.. It was between latitude 6° and 9° north and longitude 2° 30’ and 6° 30’ East.
Europeans firstly know this country from the north, through the explorers of the northern and central Africa,because of that in old records the Hausa and Fulani names have then been use to refer the country and it capital ...thus in that websters Gazetteer it was called Yarriba ..the west Africa east of Dahomey area 70,000 sq miles population 2miilln capital katunga. These are the Hausa terms for Yoruba and Oyo....

Olodo ..
Stay tuned..

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 12:54pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

I doubt that your education excedes mine. You can't lecture a guy who can lecture your teachers. That guy is me.

Your education doesn't count if you have nothing to show for it...
Personally i think you are dumber than a fvcking donkey ....believing that conspiracy theory...

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:

Olodo... Oya take a sit let me lecture you
The Yoruba country can be found around west of the Niger river and South quorra which is the western part of the same river..having Dahomey on the west and bight of Benin to the south.. It was between latitude 6° and 9° north and longitude 2° 30’ and 6° 30’ East.
Europeans firstly know this country from the north, through the explorers of the northern and central Africa,because of that in old records the Hausa and Fulani names have then been use to refer the country and it capital ...thus in that websters Gazetteer it was called Yarriba ..the west Africa east of Dahomey area 70,000 sq miles population 2miilln capital katunga. These are the Hausa terms for Yoruba and Oyo....

Olodo ..
Stay tuned..

ask a yoruba for proof, he give a story, you can't invent these guys. I really wonder how God did to invent them.
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:

Your education doesn't count if you have nothing to show for it...
Personally i think you are dumber than a fvcking donkey ....believing that conspiracy theory...

What is proven becomes fact, not conspiracy theory.
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 1:04pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
5) ife republic

The funniest part is... All those list you gave?
You lack proper understanding of....where did you come across those list...
The Yoruba history is bigger than that you can do better mumu....

You be olodo period
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 1:12pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:
ask a yoruba for proof, he give a story, you can't invent these guys. I really wonder how God did to invent them.

Those are the prerequisite that knowledge you need. and that simple short lecture,you called a story has countered every false on those conspiracy theory video .
And You call yourself historian ....

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 1:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
grin grin Truthbeatslies
Okay lemme cruise your life small.
Since you want references so bad
Go and read the history of Yoruba:from the earliest times to the beginning of Yoruba by Samuel Johnson.

But you have earned my attention with your stupidity.....

Do research yourself , don't just believe everything. Gather information from different source.

The worst part is those people making the videos will also tell you to make research and question them... They will tell you they are only here to share hidden knowledge ,it is a lie ..

This kind of people will tell you buhari is dead and it jubril from sudan and still dare you to come and proof them wrong.. It is a lie...
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:
grin grin Truthbeatslies
Okay lemme cruise your life small.
Since you want references so bad
Go and read the history of Yoruba:from the earliest times to the beginning of Yoruba by Samuel Johnson.

Samuel johnson is a yoruba who was serving his own ethnic agenda while writing his work of fiction about periods which he didn't witness. To do a real historical research, you need eye witness written documents, not fables and fairytales.
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 1:33pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

Samuel johnson is a yoruba who was serving his own ethnic agenda while writing his work of fiction about periods which he didn't witness. To do a real historical research, you need eye witness written documents, not fables and fairytales.
He was born in creole free town sierra leone
He did research on his ancestry he is also a very well know historian..

I asked you a question before, those list ,
How did you come about them let me start disintegrating you from there
Olodo

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:

He was born in creole free town sierra leone
He did research on his ancestry he is also a very well know historian..
You keep missing the point, samuel johnon was describing a period which he did not witness, that is not called history, it is called fiction, fairytale or action movie.
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
5) ife republic
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 2:07pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

You keep missing the point, samuel johnon was describing a period which he did not witness, that is not called history, it is called fiction, fairytale or action movie.
grin grin grin
You have no idea how stupid you sound....
Please answer my question let move on..
How did you come about those funny list...
D truth is, there is a lot you don't know about the Yoruba's...the language the culture...
The language alone is lenty to talk about.
The cultures the Orissa's or Orishas (pantheon of gods)...
The art and sciences in Yoruba (including the architecture)...
Wot amuses is the fact ..it wasn't your research
...there's more you don't know about the Yoruba's.
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:
grin grin grin
The art and sciences in Yoruba (including the architecture)...
Do people generally fall for this flagrant lie ? Why is it that it always boils down to telling lies when you and your tribesmen discuss history ?
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 2:12pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

he is an historian... Did you know what dat means?
Lol you make me laff
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:
grin grin ;.
The cultures the Orissa's or Orishas (pantheon of gods)...
you mean native doctor shrine ?
Stop trying to paint a picture of greatness where there is only mediocrity.
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

Do people generally fall for this flagrant lie ? Why is it that it always boils down to telling lies when you and your tribesmen discuss history ?
What lies..?
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:
he is an historian... Did you know what dat means?
Lol you make me laff

He could be a "historian" or the pope or a storyteller or a bar tender, all that is irrelevant, what matters is his work which we shall look at with objectivity irrespective of his claimed status. And objectively his work is a work of fiction.
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:

What lies..?
Let us start with the lie which I quoted in my comment which you are replying.

Show me ife architecture from the 1800's, and show me ife architecture from between 1900 to 1905.

Show me "yoruba science"
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 2:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:
you mean native doctor shrine ?
Stop trying to paint a picture of greatness where there is only mediocrity.

You see that's where you misunderstood...
Theres a more deeper cultural relationship between the yoruba and their orisha... That modeled some of the success In Yoruba land...
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:

You see that's where you misunderstood...
Theres a more deeper cultural relationship between the yoruba and their orisha... That modeled some of the success In Yoruba land...

It seems you are trying to recruit cult members, bro I'm not interested, serve that bullshit to brain-dead drug addicts, not me.
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 2:37pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

Let us start with the lie which I quoted in my comment which you are replying.

Show me ife architecture from the 1800's, and show me ife architecture from between 1900 to 1905.

Show me "yoruba science"

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by r4bbit: 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2021
YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTION ...
Re: Insecurity: We are building on a castle that is already collapsed — Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 07, 2021
r4bbit:

The drawing below is of the palace of the Oba of Benin. Stop including Benin heritage in your tales of yoruba greatness. Benin is not yoruba.

For the other photos, you are going to need to provide the link from which you got them, the recent photo is out of topic.

So you gave 3 photos, 1 of the ancient palace of the Oba of Benin (emperor of Benin empire) one which dates to somewhere around the 1930's and one which was taken by a person still alive today. What type of scam do you think you are operating ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anyim: inovation, Science, And Technology The Key To Nigeria’s Economic Survival / Breaking News: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Endorsed Mr Peter Obi / I Am A Father To All Nigerians - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.