Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,425 members, 7,812,249 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') (31755 Views)

See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ Is May 21, 2011? / May 21, 2011 Is The Judgment Day Of Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by EvilBrain1(m): 1:25am On May 21, 2011
skydeexie:

[size=18pt]Now a Final Word to the Wise.[/size]
(The Lord Jesus Christ has allowed us to know the TIMES and the SEASON but not the day or hour!)

[size=14pt]The Importance of Watching[/size]
Luke 21-34-36

34  “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you
      unexpectedly.
35   For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36   Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the
      Son of Man.”

[size=14pt]God’s Promise Is Not Slack[/size]
2 Peter 3:1- 15

1   Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder),
2   that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord
    and Savior,
3   knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts,
4   and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of
    creation.”
5   For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water,
6   by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.
7   But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of
    ungodly men.
8   But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9  The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that
   all should come to repentance.

[size=14pt]The Day of the Lord[/size]

10   But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with
      fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
11   Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12    looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will
       melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

[size=14pt]Be Steadfast[/size]

14   Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless;
15   and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation-

(All Bible Quotations from New King James Version)

Typical of religious people to dismiss the claims outright without even trying to find out what they are based on. You can't just dismiss something by repeating the crap your pastor fed you and quoting random bible verses as "proof". Did any of you people even bother to find out why these people believe what they believe? Have you bothered to check out their claims before deciding they were junk? Or you think that because you've read a few posts on Nairaland, you are now an expert on the topic?

The least you can do is look at their evidence first, spend a few seconds evaluating it before coming to a conclusion. You people need to try using your brains more often.

For those who are interested, the group is called ebiblefellowship. Here's a link to one of their tracts: http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/outreach/tracts/may21/

I know none you will bother to click on it and instead just quote more bible verses and tell me I'm stu.pid for criticising you. And for the record I think the claims are complete bullshiat. I only object to you people dismissing something without event trying to find out what that thing actually is. That's the basic problem with religion, it trains people never to think for themselves.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by princeonx: 2:48am On May 21, 2011
Helloooooooooooooo people in naija! can anybody hear me? its already May 21 there watin dey happen? una still dey abi yawa don gazzz? let me know abeg, I still have time to move to where the time and date is still May 20.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by OAM4J: 3:10am On May 21, 2011
prince_onx:

Helloooooooooooooo people in naija! can anybody hear me? its already May 21 there watin dey happen? una still dey abi yawa don gazzz? let me know abeg, I still have time to move to where the time and date is still May 20.

its not yet may 21st here
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by lepasharon(f): 3:18am On May 21, 2011
oya who has been raptured??.awon fools!
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Nobody: 3:21am On May 21, 2011
May 21, 10am here and I am on nairaland.

Some gay need to screw that scientist ass for messing with people brain.

On a more serious note, I knew this shi**t was not gonna happen.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by OAM4J: 3:27am On May 21, 2011
10am?? Where are you rokiatu? Australia?

Anyway, God move by US time. wait for few more hours for US to cross into may 21st.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Nobody: 3:30am On May 21, 2011
OAM4J:

Anyway, God move by US time. wait for few more hours for US to cross into may 21st.
Thanks for the info. Time to call my relatives cry grin grin grin
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by sizzlers(m): 4:23am On May 21, 2011
is 4.30 here in naija, lets keep waiting maybe it will start from the north.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by xreal: 4:48am On May 21, 2011
^^^
nooo, why not from the south.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by sizzlers(m): 4:59am On May 21, 2011
xreal:

^^^
nooo, why not from the south.
cos the north has wasted so much innocent lives over the past decade. i think nemesis wil catch them first.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by pawn89(m): 5:01am On May 21, 2011
its 5.00 am, Nigeria, Delta-state warri, nothing has happened
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Nobody: 5:25am On May 21, 2011
Americans would be the ones who might end this world by the instigation of a nuclear war
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by pendusky(m): 5:51am On May 21, 2011
Today wil be termed GREAT DISAPOINTMENT PART 2. Jst got updates in new zealand its 5:30
pm n nothing seem to show uptil nw. So camping wil hav no excuse to tender. Life continues jor!
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by princeonx: 5:52am On May 21, 2011
OAM4J:

its not yet may 21st here
says who? you sabi time so?
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by xreal: 5:57am On May 21, 2011
pendusky:

Today wil be termed GREAT DISAPOINTMENT PART 2. Jst got updates in new zealand its 5:30
pm n nothing seem to show uptil nw
. So camping wil hav no excuse to tender. Life continues jor!
ok! Good news.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Nobody: 6:28am On May 21, 2011
06:27am in Asokoro,Abuja and nothing is happening.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Ekpoma1: 6:29am On May 21, 2011
I woke up 2:
45am, i checked d other side of d bed n didnt see my brother whom we both slept 2geda on d same bed. I was terrified and frightened thinking rapture has taken place leaving me behind. I was sweating in A.C n fan. Everywhere was dead silent. I searched 4 him bt couldnt find him n his phone was switched off. I was in shocked. To cut d story short, he came bck dis mornin around 6am from club. He said he left house 12:05 am after the anticipated rapture did nt take place. Hey d trauma i went thru no b small tin o.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Nobody: 6:31am On May 21, 2011
Ekpoma1:

I woke up 2:
45am, i checked d other side of d bed n didnt see my brother whom we both slept 2geda on d same bed. I was terrified and frightened thinking rapture has taken place leaving me behind. I was sweating in A.C n fan. Everywhere was dead silent. I searched 4 him bt couldnt find him n his phone was switched off. I was in shocked. To cut d story short, he came bck dis mornin around 6am from club. He said he left house 12:05 am after the anticipated rapture did nt take place. Hey d trauma i went thru no b small tin o.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! Oh god this shi**t is funny.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by apach4ever(m): 6:41am On May 21, 2011
Was I left behind?
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by campbell05: 6:45am On May 21, 2011
Less than 30minutes to 6PM in New Zea-land,  1 Thessalonians 5:2 For you know quite well that the day of the Lord's return will come [color=#006600]unexpectedly[/color], like a thief in the night, I dey wait ooo!!!
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by cvibe: 6:54am On May 21, 2011
The world ended at 12 midnight. You were left behind. lol
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Nobody: 6:56am On May 21, 2011
Are you typing from heaven or hell? lol.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Digriz(m): 7:03am On May 21, 2011
If d world ends today it then means there is no God,no heaven or hell meaning that we are just a waste and science is controlling us.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Ekpoma1: 7:08am On May 21, 2011
God have mercy. Harold Camping take time o.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by BabaO2: 7:09am On May 21, 2011
it is 6pm  grin
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by chelseabmw(m): 7:13am On May 21, 2011
Ȋ̝̊̅ swear the world has ended, Americans and arabs αrε̲̣̣̣̥ †̥ share the space i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ hell
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Nobody: 7:15am On May 21, 2011
May fool !
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Imohbyron(m): 7:16am On May 21, 2011
earthquakes neva still start,i'm waiting.(eating cold beans from the fridge)the last supper abi na last breakfast
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Chisnall: 7:24am On May 21, 2011
almost 7pm New zealand nothing happen.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Odunnu: 7:26am On May 21, 2011
Mcheeeew! I still woke up on earth?!
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:37am On May 21, 2011
Can somebody give me Harold Camping home address cos I dey vex
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by orbaxy(m): 7:43am On May 21, 2011
Ahhhhh, ! ain't we suppose to be in heaven today?

now i still have to go to work embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution / Facts About Orisa Aje: The Goddess Of Wealth & Prosperity - / Nsukka Catholic Bishop Vs Fr Obayi: ‘don’t Exceed Your Boundary’ – Mbaka Fumes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.