Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? (7667 Views)

Poll: Should the CBN Be Involved In Hotel Building?

Yes. It's financial too!: 23% (6 votes)
No, he's over-reaching.: 76% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

CBN Now Conduit Pipe For Politicians –pastor Tunde Bakare / Is Sanusi Still Better Than Soludo? / Really, Who Is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by exago(m): 10:30am On May 17, 2011
lets just say, "if you want it done, do it yourself", maybe moving the economy forward needs the cbn's governor to be involved in every index related to the economy, so we might just expect building refineries, airports, tourist spots etc just to boost the economy, or until the private sector gets involved. . . . .
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by edoyad(m): 10:34am On May 17, 2011
kokoA:

Do not criticize this guy for the sake of criticism. Can any one here prove that Sanusi is going against the laws of CBN? Can we stop this market women gossip please.

I expect an expert in the financial sector to post a reply to this post telling us if the CBN also has rights to embark on projects like these. Get the right information before you jump on your keyboards please
Wise words, it's better to avoid jumping on the band wagon. I'm still waiting to hear from someone who knows about CBNs functions.
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by violent(m): 10:43am On May 17, 2011
702:

CBN undertakes 3 main fnx
1. Traditional fnx
2. Regulatory fnx &
3. Developmental fnx---they assist banks for commerce n industry. so no harm as such in constructn of 5 star hotel n conf centre,

Its only tryin 2 tap limitless opportunities in d real estate sector, huge investment, hpfully creatn of job n attrx of foreign investors

first, wtf is Traditional fnx?

Second, when talking about Developmental fnx, does that translate into building hotels? wht next? a CBN owned Cinema and restaurants?

Third, if you want to creat limitless opportunities in d real esatate sector. . blah blah blah, yur responsibility as a CBN governor should be ensuring that right people have access to cheap funds.  Inflation is soaring at the highest levels in Nigeria at the moment, yet Banks are holding this monies in their cash reserves, and our brilliant CBN governor thoughtfully decides to invest the nations resources in real estate. . . . seriously?

Is the CBN now a profit oriented org?
Isn't the real estate sector already oversaturated with big industrial players, who due to lack of land, now have resorted to sandfilling water bodies, just to make space for an extra house/hotel/office building, should the CBN really involve itself in this?
How many jobs will an hotel create? a million?

If the CBN diverts these resources into agricultural sector and ensures that rural farmers get access to cheap loans, how many jobs or families do you think this will benefit?

Sanusi must be high on some really cheap skate!
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by violent(m): 10:50am On May 17, 2011
kokoA:

Do not criticize this guy for the sake of criticism. Can any one here prove that Sanusi is going against the laws of CBN? Can we stop this market women gossip please.

I expect an expert in the financial sector to post a reply to this post telling us if the CBN also has rights to embark on projects like these. Get the right information before you jump on your keyboards please

edoyad:

Wise words, it's better to avoid jumping on the band wagon. I'm still waiting to hear from someone who knows about CBNs functions.

Let's not change "Akara" to "puff puff" bullshyt is bullshyt anywhere in the world.

The CBN's funnctions are;
*****implementing monetary policy
*****determining Interest rates,  used to manage both inflation and the country's exchange rate – and ensuring that this rate takes effect via a variety of policy mechanisms
*****controlling the nation's entire money supply
******the Government's banker and the bankers' bank ("lender of last resort"wink
******managing the country's foreign exchange and gold reserves and the Government's stock register
******regulating and supervising the banking industry

Building fancy cinemas, malls, hotels and public toilets isn't exactly what a CBN governor should be planning, more ashamedly given the fact that the nation currently moans under soaring rates of unemployement and starvation!

The hotel being planned, even though will gulp billions, has no immediate impact on the economy overall, i wouldn't think a foreign investor would be looking to invest millions of dollars in Nigeria simply because there are fancy hotels there, the Net Present Value of this shytty project is most likely negative in the medium term!
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by chamber2(m): 10:53am On May 17, 2011

Let's not change "Akara" to "puff puff" bullshyt is bullshyt anywhere in the world.

The CBN's funnctions are;
*****implementing monetary policy
*****determining Interest rates, used to manage both inflation and the country's exchange rate – and ensuring that this rate takes effect via a variety of policy mechanisms
*****controlling the nation's entire money supply
******the Government's banker and the bankers' bank ("lender of last resort"wink
******managing the country's foreign exchange and gold reserves and the Government's stock register
******regulating and supervising the banking industry

Building fancy cinemas, malls, hotels and public toilets isn't exactly what a CBN governor should be planning, more ashamedly given the fact that the nation currently moans under soaring rates of unemployement and starvation!

The hotel being planned, even though will gulp billions, has no immediate impact on the economy overall, i wouldn't think a foreign investor would be looking to invest millions of dollars in Nigeria simply because their are fancy hotels there, the Net Present Value of this shytty project is most likely negative in the medium

Gbam Gbam
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by chamber2(m): 11:06am On May 17, 2011
Is Sanusi Mad?

Yes, Sanusi is mad
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by Nobody: 11:16am On May 17, 2011
Na wa o!
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by Nobody: 11:26am On May 17, 2011
I suggest we study the underlying dynamics before commenting
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by kokoA(m): 11:30am On May 17, 2011
From all the replies I have seen so far, I can confidently say we are all looking at it fro a lay man's point of view. I refused to be convinced that CBN has done something wrong (that is if the report is true) until a reputable actor in the financial sector comes up ti criticize it.

If the Pat Utomis, Paschal Dozies, Ezekwesilis, Okonjo-iwealas, etc have not made any negative remarks about this move, then I don't think anybody here is well informed about the operations of the CBN.
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by Nobody: 11:32am On May 17, 2011
^^^
Thankyou
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by MaiSuya(m): 11:39am On May 17, 2011
this is serious. . .
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by violent(m): 11:54am On May 17, 2011
If the Pat Utomis, Paschal Dozies, Ezekwesilis, Okonjo-iwealas, etc have not made any negative remarks about this move, then I don't think anybody here is well informed about the operations of the CBN.

this has got to pass for the dumbest thing i've heard in decades!

Until you start believing in yourself, you will forever remain stunted in terms of growth!. . .does it mean that whatever these people say, holds to be the truth and should never be challenged? gosh!!!

Must you be an economics/banking&finance major to debate on policy developments? 

if dumb people abound on Nairaland, could someone please point me where intellectuals go?
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by Kcwarren: 11:55am On May 17, 2011
crispy007:

he took the CBN job because he wanted to return to his father's throne that had been denied him now - the Sultan. and to finance it, he will n[b]eed a Federal Government Project that he can convert afterwards like the heralded [b]OPERATIONS FEED the NATION (OFN) that later became Obasanjo Farms Nigeria (OFN).
Before  further ado, lets ask him what the name of the hotel is gonna be ,  thinking Seniora Lakeview Support Hotels (SLSH) and  Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Holdings (SLSH)    grin grin grin
lol,
Ur very funny
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by enyojo(f): 11:56am On May 17, 2011
[size=16pt]SANUSI IS NOT MAD!![/size]
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by RoadStar: 11:58am On May 17, 2011
kokoA:

From all the replies I have seen so far, I can confidently say we are all looking at it fro a lay man's point of view. I refused to be convinced that CBN has done something wrong (that is if the report is true) until a reputable actor in the financial sector comes up ti criticize it.

You're right, its either the CBN act needs to be checked or Sanusi's head needs to be checked !
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by fawazbruce: 12:03pm On May 17, 2011
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 17, 2011
fawazbruce:

For all sanusi supporters, i want to ask them if they heard of the Las vegas resorts that Alan Greenspan built during his tenure as chairman of the federal reserve bank system(America's ownCBN)?

How many Malls did Alan greenspan build? If you dont know much about finance, please keep shut or ask!!!.

How can the CBN whose job is managing the nation's economy be involved in building a hotel!!! cry

I have always said we know sanusi's true agenda when he was made CBN governor. We saw thru his tricks and we still are tracking his actions. That we know his end game should be enough for him to know we see thru all his funny moves.

The naira is depreciating, interest rates are in the range of 18-25%, loans are drying up, agriculture is not being encouraged and sanusi wants to become a hotelier

I dey laugh in egbesu!!! grin
Edit your post, you are contradicting yourself
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by isomadtech(m): 12:11pm On May 17, 2011
Hidden agenda is not always hidden forever. we are now seeing the true picture of the man. banks are crying, people are crying and he going ahead to build hotel. for who. the whole episode will be unfolded soon.
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by violent(m): 12:16pm On May 17, 2011
blink182:

Edit your post, you are contradicting yourself

how??
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by enyojo(f): 12:17pm On May 17, 2011
fawazbruce:

For all sanusi supporters, i want to ask them if they heard of the Las vegas resorts that Alan Greenspan built during his tenure as chairman of the federal reserve bank system(America's ownCBN)?

How many Malls did Alan greenspan build? If you dont know much about finance, please keep shut or ask!!!.

How can the CBN whose job is managing the nation's economy be involved in building a hotel!!! cry

I have always said we know sanusi's true agenda when he was made CBN governor. We saw thru his tricks and we still are tracking his actions. That we know his end game should be enough for him to know we see thru all his funny moves.

The naira is depreciating, interest rates are in the range of 18-25%, loans are drying up, agriculture is not being encouraged and sanusi wants to become a hotelier

The situations that confronted Alan Greenspan are very different from those in which Sanusi Lamido finds himself.
From the little I understand about this, he is trying to convert unreal financial resources into real profitable use.
Why in Abuja where the FG develops round the clock is what I don't get.

However lets not get ourselves dragged into the saga faced by the 'JEGA-MUST-GO' campaigners who hurriedly kicked against Jega for post-poning the NASS elections only to later confess that he is the best INEC Chief ever!
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 17, 2011
fawazbruce:

How many Malls did Alan greenspan build?
If you dont know much about finance, please keep shut or ask!!!.

In the first bolded, you seem to be supporting Sanusi's act by citing Alan as an example then you turn around to strongly kick against it undecided
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by violent(m): 12:22pm On May 17, 2011
he is trying to convert unreal financial resources into real profitable use

could you explain this? what are the unreal financial resources? liquid cash?

only to later confess that he is the best INEC Chief ever!

this is very debateble, and I'm among the group of naysayers who feel all those who support this notion have bubbles in place of brains.
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by fawazbruce: 12:24pm On May 17, 2011
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by violent(m): 12:25pm On May 17, 2011
blink182:

In the first bolded, you seem to be supporting Sanusi's act by citing Alan as an example then you turn around to strongly kick against it undecided

so you actually think Alan Greenspan built some Las vegas resort? hehehe, phew!

if you can recognize the slightest saracastic statements or play on words, i don't see a reason why you should be here to begin with
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by Kobojunkie: 12:27pm On May 17, 2011
edoyad:

Why not simply go to the CBN website to learn of the FUNCTIONS FOR YOURSELF? Or are you waiting for someone to feed you ONLY that which you are open to on this issue?? I mean the CBN site is right there for you to learn what CBN can/should do and what it can't/shouldn't do. Please don't post next that you are now waiting for someone who knows about the CBN website.

Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by enyojo(f): 12:39pm On May 17, 2011
violent:

1. could you explain this? what are the unreal financial resources? liquid cash?

2. this is very debateble, and I'm among the group of naysayers who feel all those who support this notion have bubbles in place of brains.

1. Like I said, I'm just guessing on this. But i sure know that the entire money available to the CBN is not in CASH. But in some crazy figures documented in computers. So those are the unreal financial resources. If CBN is to print all monies, then they will have unimaginably large warehouses to keep them.

2. If it is not Jega that leads the pack of Electoral Chiefs in Nigeria, then who? Prof Nwosu? For refusing to declare the MKO results and let the heavens fall, he missed it.
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by joecrack(m): 12:45pm On May 17, 2011
I mean WTF with some of these guys who bring these crappy stories and put a blog that is not credible as reference,i'd googled this story and cant get any credible source commenting on it,so pls lets stop commenting on it until we are sure its for real
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 17, 2011
joecrack:

I mean WTF with some of these guys who bring these crappy stories and put a blog that is not credible as reference,i'd googled this story and cant get any credible source commenting on it,so pls lets stop commenting on it until we are sure its for real
Welcome to nairaland, the internet beer parlour
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by violent(m): 1:04pm On May 17, 2011
1. Like I said, I'm just guessing on this. But i sure know that the entire money available to the CBN is not in CASH. But in some crazy figures documented in computers. So those are the unreal financial resources. If CBN is to print all monies, then they will have unimaginably large warehouses to keep them.

If it's those crazy figures you were refferring to, then they are as real as as daylight, they are the most liquid form of instrument available, and contrary to what you thought, they are about being tied down into some illiquid real estate asset!

joecrack:

this is a source from guardian,
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48038:tender-opens-for-cbns-abuja-hotel-design-competition&catid=25:property&Itemid=655

and guardian has been publishing news since 1983
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by okeymadu(m): 1:19pm On May 17, 2011
Sometimes, I become amused at the penny brains contributors in this forum demonstrate.

So he is building five star hotel, or converting a building that is fast becoming a monumental waste into something of national importance is wrong abi?

Please cut the CBN gov some slack!

which is better between selling that building to some corrupt government guys protege or converting it into some with ability to create jobs?
How many job opportunities do you guys think can be created by converting that building into a five star hotel. And I am sure some dimwits contributing and saying all sort of negative stuff here will be the first to apply for work when the job is complete.

Yeye
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by enyojo(f): 1:28pm On May 17, 2011
violent:

If it's those crazy figures you were refferring to, then they are as real as as daylight, they are the most liquid form of instrument available, and contrary to what you thought, they are about being tied down into some illiquid real estate asset!

YOU ARE WRONG THERE. WHAT IS ILLIQUID AGAIN?
IF AN ASSET IS NOT 'LIQUID', IS IT NOT 'SOLID'?
simple commonsense proves that a solid asset is better and more reliable than a liquid asset.
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by bisiaet: 1:33pm On May 17, 2011
Please poster and fellow Nigerians I think I seriously need help in relation to how Lamido and CBN of a thing are going. I,m a bit confuse right now because I had travelled far and wide live in some countries I realised is only in my country that that CBN governor or Central Bank is always at the hot spot or be the front page of National daily every time either CBN say this CBN want to do this, Lamido want that, Sanusi try that please "are these people mad or has nothing else to do again or may I say is Sanusi Lamido running mad

This is getting to a strange situation now because I can not understand what a h e l l is this unecessary popularity jingolo of CBN and Sanusi everytime on news for this and that. Presently in Nigeria as per CBN Is no longer the goverment want to do this again the new style now is CBN want to do ths or Sanusi want to introduce this, oh heaven who a hell is this man called Sanusi this is so weird to be honest CBN governor is now all in all decision maker on how over 150million people should go about their business so funny indeed.

He just sit there imtroducing this and that with no proper and due consultation with the populace and the business community in Nigeria forgeting that bringing all this good but wrongly implemented ideas will create more problem than doing good and now CBN want to go PLC again or would I call it CBN Hotel Nig Ltd or CBN petrol station Ltd isnit? I think Sanusi need to be relief of his post as soon as possible he is a confused man in total sorry to say this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APGA Suspends Victor Ike Oye As National Chairman For Gross Misconduct / 2019: PDP Will Bring Back Nigeria’s Economic Fortunes – Peter Obi / LASG Raises Team To Meet FG Towards Rehabilitation Of Badagry Expresway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.