Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,442 members, 7,850,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:26 AM

Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic (3703 Views)

Will The Igbos Team Up With Yoruba In Time Of War / Father Kukah Must Be Allowed To Practise His Faith And Politics - Garba Shehu / Senator Douye Diri Shows His Love For Sports And Youth Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by Xbobtage: 1:05am On Aug 09, 2021
at OP, You couldnt be anymore wrong about your assumptions about igbo people.

Yorubas excel as individuals and are also known to come together as a team to solve a problem.

Whilst the igbo people seem to genetically have a problem with working together as a group, igbo people are way too individualistic to come together to form a unified working group. Because the igbo people are extremely goal oriented and coupled with the fact that the people had to work twice as hard to survive Nigeria is why you see them exceling and also clinging together in major markets across nigeria. Their knack for profit taking can briefly unify them for collection of profits but once that is done, then whatever team that existed ceases.

The people who speak igbo dialects and bear igbo names are the only group of people that I have heard of that have issues being called igbo. Most of these people knowing fully that most people would first identify them as igbo because of their name/accent would automatically get offended and prefer to be known as person from so-so village/clan, ditching the igbo tag, regardless of the overall harm that it does to all igbo/igboic people.

So please, if there is anything igbo people need their ohaneze to be doing. its to help teach them how to work as an unshakable team.

On final note you people need to stop comparing igbo with yoruba, the only thing they have in common stats wise might be population. Comparing both tribes is like comparing two athletes running for a marathon, one was properly fed with the best of healthy foods, has the best shoes, and given the priviledge to start racing a day earlier while the other athlete is running without shoes, was beaten and has a broken ankle.

The advantage of having lagos in yoruba land is enough to keep the yorubas light years ahead of other nigerian tribes. To compare both tribes you should have a city like lagos in the SE first, and we arent talking about the fact that the igbos were killed by the millions during the civil war and had their property seized and stolen, have had their natural resources given to nearby states with the federal govt completely refusing to tap natural resources within the SE on a commercial level, and YET STILL and STILL, it feels like the igbos are neck and neck with the Yorubas when compared side by side.

Without bias, let us appreciate our igbo brothers, the people are too resilient, una dey try. But una Me Me Me attitude is not helping you guys.

2 Likes

Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by AlexBells(m): 1:10am On Aug 09, 2021
kingawothefirst:

I’m not shifting the goal post. Accept that you were wrong, make necessary adjustments, and move on. Stop doubling down on your propaganda. Stop spreading lies.

Just because someone is the grand commander does not mean he/she is not working as a team. A president can’t just do whatever he/she wants, he needs the backing of his Congress and Cabinet. A president that goes rogue gets impeached. That my friend is TEAMWORK.
There is nothing to admit here, you can't be making sentimental arguments and expect me to admit, admit what, instead of finding strength in your uniqueness you think that your ideal is paramount, the president is about exceptional individualism not teamwork, why should the president employ all his ministers, why can't ministers be elected, it is his individual choice to take or drop any minister, I made mention from the beginning that there is line between teamwork and individualism but no, you have an ideal mental picture of your tribe that whatever anyone else observed is incorrect as far as it doesn't appeal to you.
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by AlexBells(m): 1:15am On Aug 09, 2021
Guestlander:

Do you even know anything about the previous footballers that I mentioned? The world did not start on the day you were born my friend. And Yorubas are still playing in the big leagues even now contrary to your warped hypothesis.
We have other footballers in their ranks and even better, Sam Okwaraji, Stephen Okechukwu Keshi, Kelechi Iheanacho, there are different levels in football's and achievements, and even now Igbos see no competition as far as football is concerned
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 09, 2021
AlexBells:

There is nothing to admit here, you can't be making sentimental arguments and expect me to admit, admit what, instead of finding strength in your uniqueness you think that your ideal is paramount, the president is about exceptional individualism not teamwork, why should the president employ all his ministers, why can't ministers be elected, it is his individual choice to take or drop any minister, I made mention from the beginning that there is line between teamwork and individualism but no, you have an ideal mental picture of your tribe that whatever anyone else observed is incorrect as far as it doesn't appeal to you.

Just because he picks his ministers does not mean he’s not working as a team. Actually it’s to ensure he functions well within the team structure. It’s imperative for the president to select ministers that he knows and works best with as a TEAM.

This is borderline insanity, you keep doubling down on your wrongness and falsehood. Heed to correction and be better for it.
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by AlexBells(m): 1:25am On Aug 09, 2021
Xbobtage:
at OP, You couldnt be anymore wrong about your assumptions about igbo people.

Yorubas excel as individuals and are also known to come together as a team to solve a problem.

Whilst the igbo people seem to genetically have a problem with working together as a group, igbo people are way too individualistic to come together to form a unified working group. Because the igbo people are extremely goal oriented and coupled with the fact that the people had to work twice as hard to survive Nigeria is why you see them exceling and also clinging together in major markets across nigeria. Their knack for profit taking can briefly unify them for collection of profits but once that is done, then whatever team that existed ceases.

The people who speak igbo dialects and bear igbo names are the only group of people that I have heard of that have issues being called igbo. Most of these people knowing fully that most people would first identify them as igbo because of their name/accent would automatically get offended and prefer to be known as person from so-so village/clan, ditching the igbo tag, regardless of the overall harm that it does to all igbo/igboic people.

So please, if there is anything igbo people need their ohaneze to be doing. its to help teach them how to work as an unshakable team.

On final note you people need to stop comparing igbo with yoruba, the only thing they have in common stats wise might be population. Comparing both tribes is like comparing two athletes running for a marathon, one was properly fed with the best of healthy foods, has the best shoes, and given the priviledge to start racing a day earlier while the other athlete is running without shoes, was beaten and has a broken ankle.

The advantage of having lagos in yoruba land is enough to keep the yorubas light years ahead of other nigerian tribes. To compare both tribes you should have a city like lagos in the SE first, and we arent talking about the fact that the igbos were killed by the millions during the civil war and had their property seized and stolen, have had their natural resources given to nearby states with the federal govt completely refusing to tap natural resources within the SE on a commercial level, and YET STILL and STILL, it feels like the igbos are neck and neck with the Yorubas when compared side by side.

Without bias, let us appreciate our igbo brothers, the people are too resilient, una dey try. But una Me Me Me attitude is not helping you guys.
First your argument shows you read about Igbos on the papers, not like someone who grew up here, secondly don't count your chicken before it hatch the day Nigeria divides is the day you will realise that the second most valuable city in Nigeria is in Igboland, Igboland also has a greater percentage of the second and third most richest state in Nigeria.

Igbos thrive as a team that's why we were even able to fight the wars in the first place and live in a team cluster outside Igboland.

The war effect had always made for denial in not just AlaIgbo but every other places where there was war but we had recovered and we would see how much those that denies will keep up with that.

If there is anything Ohaneze or anyone really need to do, it is to promote individualism rather than team approach, we give block vote that's unhealthy, we are majority Christians that's the impact of overtly team syndrome.

We form business cluster even in foreign land that had painted us as domineering.
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by ORIENTATION101: 1:29am On Aug 09, 2021
AlexBells:

the first nigerian to pay professional football is a Yoruba.
Bukayo saka(arsenal), tomori(chelsea), dele ali(totenham) balogun(Rangers) alaba (real madrid).

In music Nigerian A list re wizkid davido olamide ,tiwa salvage and burna who is half yoruba and half ijaw.

In movies funke akindele toyin ahimaku have highest movie revenues in nigeria.
E.t.c
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by AlexBells(m): 1:31am On Aug 09, 2021
kingawothefirst:

Just because he picks his ministers does not mean he’s not working as a team. Actually it’s to ensure he functions well within the team structure. It’s imperative for the president to select ministers that he knows and works best with as a TEAM.

This is borderline insanity, you keep doubling down on your wrongness and falsehood. Heed to correction and the better for it.
Have I not told you that for individualism to work you need a team to push you but the sole aim is the individual furnishing and I keep telling you that these are different side of the same coin, the fact is the president is the individual, and he is the head, there is no level playing ground, he chooses suggestion, there is no division of role, every command chains back to him, unless if he feels otherwise, he must approve everything and have power of overidess unless he feels otherwise, what you call team in this case are his subjects. There is nothing like a team of president, it is the president and he can chose to set up a team so the presidency itself is not a team but teams are some of the apparatus whom the presidency could be disposed to.
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by AlexBells(m): 1:34am On Aug 09, 2021
ORIENTATION101:
the first nigerian to pay professional football is a Yoruba.
Bukayo saka(arsenal), tomori(chelsea), dele ali(totenham) balogun(Rangers) alaba (real madrid).

In music Nigerian A list re wizkid davido olamide ,tiwa salvage and burna who is half yoruba and half ijaw.

In movies funke akindele toyin ahimaku have highest movie revenues in nigeria.
E.t.c
Who is talking about the first Nigerian, was messi, Pelle, Maradona, Ronaldo etc the first people to play football, as for music it was stated in my post that Yorubas edge out a little.

Movies don't go there, Nollywood is still the second biggest movie industry in the world lol, you sound somehow when you make these arguments just to drag something you are not.
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by Nobody: 1:38am On Aug 09, 2021
[s]
AlexBells:

Have I not told you that for individualism to work you need a team to push you but the sole aim is the individual furnishing and I keep telling you that these are different side of the same coin, the fact is the president is the individual, and he is the head, there is no level playing ground, he chooses suggestion, there is no division of role, every command chains back to him, unless if he feels otherwise, he must approve everything and have power of overidess unless he feels otherwise, what you call team in this case are his subjects. There is nothing like a team of president, it is the president and he can chose to set up a team so the presidency itself is not a team but teams are some of the apparatus whom the presidency could be disposed to.
[/s]

The sole aim is not for the president (individual) to flourish, it’s for the entire country (team) to flourish. The president is just the face of the country. That my friend is TEAMWORK. So no you have nothing to tell me.
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by BigIyanga: 1:43am On Aug 09, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Ohanneze is a team of puppets and rogues that Kanu Nnamdi commanded that should be stone to death, they are inconsequential imps looking for what to eat, obasanjo acted on behave of some people I guess on the instance of the Ooni of Ife, he must have requested to go alone to make it secluded. I prefer ⅛ of obasanjo to 5000 of ohanneze
How is Kanu part of this discussion.. Una too strong. OP is talking about most common traits found in Igbos vs Yorubas .. and you brought up outliers ..��‍♂️��‍♂️
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by AlexBells(m): 1:43am On Aug 09, 2021
kingawothefirst:
[s][/s]

The sole aim is not for the president (individual) to flourish, it’s for the entire country (team) to flourish. The president is just the face of the country. That my friend is TEAMWORK. So no you have nothing to tell me.
You have proved my point lol, so now you understand the president is about exceptional individualism thanks..., the argument was never about the entire country lol and besides the entire country is not a team but a complex society,
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by blues234: 1:45am On Aug 09, 2021
This Alexbell is among the most anoying characters here. Another one is that Bekkay of a guy, and IPOB die hard fanatic.
These guys attract unnecessary attention to Igbos because of their busy-body and warped perspective to issues.
You can imagine this very nonsense thread

2 Likes

Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by AlexBells(m): 1:48am On Aug 09, 2021
blues234:
This Alexbell is among the most anoying characters here. Another one is that Bekkay of a guy, and IPOB die hard fanatic.
These guys attract unnecessary attention to Igbos because of their busy-body and warped perspective to issues.
You can imagine this very nonsense thread
HeyyyAaa, kpele, the nonsense thread but you just cant jump and pass, your I feel your pain bro, lol we will keep stating the obvious for all to judge, lol
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by Nobody: 1:49am On Aug 09, 2021
AlexBells:

You have proved my point lol, so now you understand the president is about exceptional individualism thanks..., the argument was never about the entire country lol and besides the entire country is not a team but a complex society,

No I did not prove your point. The president is not about exceptional individualism, the president works within the construct of the congress and his cabinet and on behalf of the people. The team votes him in as the captain. That my friend is teamwork, not individualism. Your thread title is wrong, your assertion is wrong and you are propagating falsehood. Stop it.
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by AlexBells(m): 1:52am On Aug 09, 2021
kingawothefirst:

No I did not prove your point. The president is not about exceptional individualism, the president works within the construct of the congress and his cabinet and on behalf of the people. The team votes him in as the captain. That my friend is teamwork, not individualism. Your thread title is wrong, your assertion is wrong and you are propagating falsehood. Stop it.
Heyaa sorry, the president is in the executive arm of the government, Congress is in the legislative arms, or oh you mean to say the three arms of government working as a team then lol, that's flawed argument, in real sense there should be checks and balances and advanced societies prides an independent judiciary so how would the three arms work as a team, no team votes in the president it is the individual, unless however you are referring to the parliamentary system as seen in UK where the prime minister is the head of his party, lol
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by Nobody: 1:56am On Aug 09, 2021
AlexBells:

Heyaa sorry, the president is in the executive arm of the government, Congress is in the legislative arms, or oh you mean to say the three arms of government working as a team then lol, that's flawed argument, in real sense there should be checks and balances and advanced societies prides an independent judiciary so how would the three arms work as a team, no team votes in the president it is the individual, unless however you are referring to the parliamentary system as seen in UK where the prime minister is the head of his party, lol

You’ve obviously never heard of the electoral college. I need to get paid for this, I’ve been schooling you for 24 hrs straight, but still you remain a stubborn student grin

Your thread title is wrong, your assertion is wrong, your conclusion is wrong and you have been corrected too many times by the omoluabis in this thread and your fellow Ndi Igbo brothers, do we have to bring out koboko to beat sense into you grin

Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by AlexBells(m): 2:00am On Aug 09, 2021
kingawothefirst:

You’ve obviously never heard of the electoral college. I need to get paid for this, I’ve been schooling you for 24 hrs straight, but still you remain a stubborn student grin

Your three title is wrong, your assertion is wrong, your conclusion is wrong and you have been corrected too many times by the omoluabis in this thread and your fellow Ndi Igbo brothers, do we have to bring out koboko to beat sense into you grin
No you don't have to bring any Koboko, the electoral collage even makes it more interesting, that's if you quite understand the electoral collage system, even the electoral college is an extension of exceptional individualism, where the individual public handles their voting responsibilities to even a more exceptional individuals to finalise for them, that's not team work that's narrowing up the individualism, don't make blind arguments, forget whether my fellow Igbos or your fellow Yorubas said what they said, they all have an Eldorado mental aspect of their people noting that's is usually holds little truth and usual Utopia
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by ORIENTATION101: 2:34am On Aug 09, 2021
AlexBells:

Who is talking about the first Nigerian, was messi, Pelle, Maradona, Ronaldo etc the first people to play football, as for music it was stated in my post that Yorubas edge out a little.

Movies don't go there, Nollywood is still the second biggest movie industry in the world lol, you sound somehow when you make these arguments just to drag something you are not.
what about the names of the present footballers I listed.
Yoruba runs the music industry on 80%. Igbos re not even close.
The past ,present, and the future re Yoruba's.
The future of nigeria music industries re
Fireboy, joeboy, oxlade, mayorkun, zinolesky, ruger, ladipoe, e.t.c.
Not to mention the present wizkid,davido,olamide,falz, tiwa salvage, simi,kizz daniel, mayorkun, adekunle Gold, e.t.c

We re talking of rebranded nolywood of today not asabawood that igbos re still stuck with.
The recent crops of top actors and producers re yorubas. This is not nolywood of aki and paw paw, mr ibu , e.t.c those wack films decades ago.
Check the past winners of amvca,for the past 3 years and see for yourself.
In nolywood funke akindele and Toyin ahimaku still holds the number 1 and 2 highest movie revenue in nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by Oksman(m): 3:57am On Aug 09, 2021
Arda1000:
not everything is all about generalization,op analyzed everything based on fact or can you point out where he pointed out that is not accurate enough

Exactly my thought. You can't dismiss some ones observations without equally making your own submission. That's foolishness.
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by lionshare: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2021
kingawothefirst:

This is borderline insanity, you keep doubling down on your wrongness and falsehood. Heed to correction and be better for it.

Replace this word president with prime-minister. SW had a regional assembly led by the premier, that should provide a better context of team-work.
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by lionshare: 8:25am On Aug 09, 2021
AlexBells:

No you don't have to bring any Koboko, the electoral collage even makes it more interesting, that's if you quite understand the electoral collage system, even the electoral college is an extension of exceptional individualism, where the individual public handles their voting responsibilities to even a more exceptional individuals to finalise for them, that's not team work that's narrowing up the individualism, don't make blind arguments, forget whether my fellow Igbos or your fellow Yorubas said what they said, they all have an Eldorado mental aspect of their people noting that's is usually holds little truth and usual Utopia

Interesting perspective generally, I’ve a question for you. Considering the antecedents of the SW, if SW becomes a country today which system is it likely to adopt ; parliamentary or presidential?
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by AlexBells(m): 8:31am On Aug 09, 2021
ORIENTATION101:
what about the names of the present footballers I listed.
Yoruba runs the music industry on 80%. Igbos re not even close.
The past ,present, and the future re Yoruba's.
The future of nigeria music industries re
Fireboy, joeboy, oxlade, mayorkun, zinolesky, ruger, ladipoe, e.t.c.
Not to mention the present wizkid,davido,olamide,falz, tiwa salvage, simi,kizz daniel, mayorkun, adekunle Gold, e.t.c

We re talking of rebranded nolywood of today not asabawood that igbos re still stuck with.
The recent crops of top actors and producers re yorubas. This is not nolywood of aki and paw paw, mr ibu , e.t.c those wack films decades ago.
Check the past winners of amvca,for the past 3 years and see for yourself.
In nolywood funke akindele and Toyin ahimaku still holds the number 1 and 2 highest movie revenue in nigeria
Sentimentalism is allowed, coming to the music Yoruba isn't even so ahead it is Yorubas like you dishing out fake statistics that makes it look like you are having it all good in Nigeria.

Please leave Nollywood out of your tebranding, why leave your tribal yorubawood, to rebrand Bollywood. Ndi rebranding, you are not even ashamed of yourself.

As for football, you can compete with Arewa but you don't come close to the Igbos.

You forgot the likes of square, phyno, flavour, techno, etc, I sincerely noted that Yorubas are a little ahead in the music, please forget Nollywood don't try to use your false statistics to come on that, lol, whose culture is Nollywood pioneering lol.

Can you compare the so called Akindele and Lawani to the rest of Nollywood actresses,, it by most grossing or the mere number of people employed by the industry, even we appreciate more of the role of Nollywood on putting food on the tables of upcoming actors than some few gross still your account still support my assertion Igbos are team people whole Yoruba is exceptional individualism
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by theFilmtric: 8:34am On Aug 09, 2021
AlexBells:

Is Dahomi not almost another Yoruba clan or is there something I'm not getting and which particular Fulani, please and when did this happen, if you defeated Fulanis how come there is still a Fulani Emir in Ilorin
Dahomey speaks fọn
Not Yoruba
If we hadn't defeated the Fulani
You'll be a Muslim today
The Ilorin war was Yoruba vs Yoruba
If you can't read our history leave us alone
Stop creating foolish threads

1 Like

Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by AlexBells(m): 8:36am On Aug 09, 2021
lionshare:

Interesting perspective generally, I’ve a question for you. Considering the antecedents of the SW, if SW becomes a country today which system is it likely to adopt ; parliamentary or presidential?
Most likely a Unitary confederation like the UK, the ceremonial monarch and a prime minister which could also be referred to as president for familiarity sake
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by AlexBells(m): 8:39am On Aug 09, 2021
theFilmtric:
Dahomey speaks fọn
Not Yoruba
If we hadn't defeated the Fulani
You'll be a Muslim today
The Ilorin war was Yoruba vs Yoruba
If you can't read our history leave us alone
Stop creating foolish threads
There is nothing wrong with being a muslim it was all about timing, if the British delayed their arrival, the Igbos could have eventually been Muslim the question could have been whether we practice the moderate Yoruba brand or the extreme fulani brand of Islam we could have eventually succumbed to a new religion it wouldn't have mattered If it were christianity or Islam it could have been a matter of timing.

Forget about wanting me to read your history a certain way, why is there still a Fulanis Emir, and was the lugbalugba war about Yorubas fighting Yoruba.
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by lionshare: 9:00am On Aug 09, 2021
AlexBells:

Most likely a Unitary confederation like the UK, the ceremonial monarch and a prime minister which could also be referred to as president for familiarity sake

If you can predict that parliamentary system will be adopted, does that not invalidate your assertion on individualism?
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by AlexBells(m): 9:09am On Aug 09, 2021
lionshare:

If you can predict that parliamentary system will be adopted, does that not invalidate your assertion on individualism?
First of all, I did not say that it will be parliamentary, I said it will be a unitary confederation, a parliamentary system is about the absolute of the parliament with no strong constitution, I don't think the Yorubas are stupid to adopt the UK system in a whole it also got its flaws, it won't be a parliamentary system.

The UK has only one monarch, the UK is a Confederate kingdom not confederate kingdoms, you remember that the queen of England is also the queen of scotland, remember the Unification of the kingdom of Englabd and Scotland during the time of Marry the queen of scotlabd and Elizabeth the queen of England.

Yorubaland has more than 3 first class monarchs so there shall be a constitution, the parliament can not be absolute like seen in UK.

Then more power shall lie in the hand of an exceptional individual in Yorubaland to be known as the president or the prime minister just as seen in Germany
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by ORIENTATION101: 9:17am On Aug 09, 2021
AlexBells:

Sentimentalism is allowed, coming to the music Yoruba isn't even so ahead it is Yorubas like you dishing out fake statistics that makes it look like you are having it all good in Nigeria.

Please leave Nollywood out of your tebranding, why leave your tribal yorubawood, to rebrand Bollywood. Ndi rebranding, you are not even ashamed of yourself.

As for football, you can compete with Arewa but you don't come close to the Igbos.

You forgot the likes of square, phyno, flavour, techno, etc, I sincerely noted that Yorubas are a little ahead in the music, please forget Nollywood don't try to use your false statistics to come on that, lol, whose culture is Nollywood pioneering lol.

Can you compare the so called Akindele and Lawani to the rest of Nollywood actresses,, it by most grossing or the mere number of people employed by the industry, even we appreciate more of the role of Nollywood on putting food on the tables of upcoming actors than some few gross still your account still support my assertion Igbos are team people whole Yoruba is exceptional individualism
flavour and phyno tekno, cheesy like seriously i'm a joke to youcheesy you even mentioned dead psquarecheesy that the defunct members re now upcomingcheesy
Flavour teckno cant even compete with the likes of naira marley, zlatan, mohbad on music chart, shows, streams on all music platformcheesy
Forget music Yoruba's re supreme rulers of music in Africa. The streaming stats, achievements, awards , e.t.c Yoruba's have more than 7 grammy winners excluding the recent one wizkid got.
We re talking of nolywood quality of films and revenues that comes with it, maybe you re stuck to asabawood that have one storyline in igboland which is the king,queen,princess and prince, with The God of our landcheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by lionshare: 9:22am On Aug 09, 2021
AlexBells:

First of all, I did not say that it will be parliamentary, I said it will be a unitary confederation, a parliamentary system is about the absolute of the parliament with no strong constitution, I don't think the Yorubas are stupid to adopt the UK system in a whole it also got its flaws, it won't be a parliamentary system.

The UK has only one monarch, the UK is a Confederate kingdom not confederate kingdoms, you remember that the queen of England is also the queen of scotland, remember the Unification of the kingdom of Englabd and Scotland during the time of Marry the queen of scotlabd and Elizabeth the queen of England.

Yorubaland has more than 3 first class monarchs so there shall be a constitution, the parliament can not be absolute like seen in UK.

Then more power shall lie in the hand of an exceptional individual in Yorubaland to be known as the president or the prime minister just as seen in Germany

What I want to establish is that primarily SW will not operate a presidential democratic system like the USA and I think we both agree on that. I’m certain there will be certain uniqueness of its form of parliamentary system which is all about teamwork.

Lastly, which economic system do you think will prevail in a SW country; capitalism or socialism?

*** I presume we can both agree there’s no absolute system but every one has either capitalistic leanings or socialist leanings.
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by AlexBells(m): 9:22am On Aug 09, 2021
ORIENTATION101:
flavour and phyno tekno, cheesy like seriously i'm a joke to youcheesy you even mentioned dead psquarecheesy that the defunct members re now upcomingcheesy
Flavour teckno cant even compete with the likes of naira marley, zlatan, mohbad on music chart, shows, streams on all music platformcheesy
Forget music Yoruba's re supreme rulers of music in Africa. The streaming stats, achievements, awards , e.t.c Yoruba's have more than 7 grammy winners excluding the recent one wizkid got.
We re talking of nolywood quality of films and revenues that comes with it, maybe you re stuck to asabawood that have one storyline in igboland which is the king,queen,princess and prince, with The God of our landcheesy
You see why it is said never argue with a fool becuase he will drag you to his level and beat you with experience lol, why are you stressing on the obvious fact I stated. I stated that Yoruba edge out a little in music go read the post please as for Nollywood, because Igbos are accommodating Yorubas in Nollywood, shouldn't make you think there is anyway to make it a no man's land lol, please just leave it out for now. Peace.
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by AlexBells(m): 9:37am On Aug 09, 2021
lionshare:

What I want to establish is that primarily SW will not operate a presidential democratic system like the USA and I think we both agree on that. I’m certain there will be certain uniqueness of its form of parliamentary system which is all about teamwork.

Lastly, which economic system do you think will prevail in a SW country; capitalism or socialism?

*** I presume we can both agree there’s no absolute system but every one has either capitalistic leanings or socialist leanings.
Now we can talk on this, South West used to be a part of Nigeria so there are things you guys have gotten accustomed to being in Nigeria and your monarch has gotten used to being weaker, the point remains that a pure parliament system can work for the Igbos but not the Yorubas.

Your kings are used to commanding an army traditionally and give these kings an inch and they will take a mile, Western Nigeria Republic will evolve to be more like a federation yet will call it a confederation.

Look these Yoruba kings are exceptionally powerful and if there is no constitution to strip them off some powers they can turn the parliament to power struggle, and Yoruba tradition is more sophisticated than that of England other UK kingdom, the British monarch can only be admired, adored and respected. But Yorubas and most African monarchs are also feared especially in the bases of spiritual repercussions on disobedience.

So it is not wise for Yorubas to adopt a full blown parliament system becuase the monarchs will decide a lot on who gets to the parliament from their kingdom and controlling the parliament by a monarchs let's say the Ooni or Alafin will be easier than controlling the entire people especially in a voting scenario.

The best thing is not a parliamentary system for western Nigerian Republic, a president or prime minister with more individual power is the thing that can absorb the power shock from your powerful kings, and if it fails and your kings begin to keep their army as it used to be, there lies much danger and with a parliament system it is very easy to do since the parliament itself is absolute.

So an Oba or groups of Oba can sponsor Bill's to make them return their army ofcourse that's what it used to be but only a well thought constitution can make that avoidable.

Bro just sit back and relax all these agitation give us Igbos Biafra or Yorubas Oduduwa and you shall find another 50 years chaos in these territories at which time people like us will just sit back and laugh again getting it right for a country is not simple that's why this trying time in Nigeria is expected.
Re: Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic by OutOfContext: 9:49am On Aug 09, 2021
AlexBells:

You see why it is said never argue with a fool becuase he will drag you to his level and beat you with experience lol, why are you stressing on the obvious fact I stated. I stated that Yoruba edge out a little in music go read the post please as for Nollywood, because Igbos are accommodating Yorubas in Nollywood, shouldn't make you think there is anyway to make it a no man's land lol, please just leave it out for now. Peace.
shocked Igbos accommodating yorubase in nollywood Is this a joke cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Please Don't Abandon Yorubas In APC' - Tinubu Begs Northerners / Tinubu Should Have Stepped Down To Avoid This Humiliation Coming His Way / Photos: More Kidnappers Terrorizing FCT Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.