Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4604057 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) (1622) (1623) ... (6193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:47am On Jun 29, 2016
This pic perfectly descibes the Copa final,where were the rest of his team mates?.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by chic2pimp(m): 11:50am On Jun 29, 2016
TRendlona:

In 1998 france won d world cup (ligue 1)

In 2006 italy won the world cup (seria A)

In 2010 spain won the world cup (la liga)

In 2014 Germany won the world cup (bundesliga)

When England go win their own naww embarassed

Errrr 1998 was Serie A thank you very much
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
chic2pimp:

Errrr 1998 was Serie A thank you very much

undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:08pm On Jun 29, 2016
darkenedrebel:
I am not even Argentine and I still felt overwhelmingly distraught when Messi failed to seal his legendary status with a silverware for his country. Worse still, for being unable to do so for the fourth time that he's been in a cup final. Now I'm not trying to say that he isn't already a legend as it stands, except as we all know that a landmark attained in country football dedounds to the glory of any footballer and eclipses club achievements.

If a non-Argentine like me could have been so crest-fallen, then I can only imagine how broken Leo must have felt, the pinching paroxysms of pain, and how utterly flummoxed and frustrated he must have felt.
So believe me when I say that I fully understand why he breathed life to his primeval impulses and opted for a premature retirement from country football.

Nonetheless, Messi's inability to get a cop hold of the Copa America this year does not suffice for setting the sun on his yeoman service to the national squad. 'You mustn't make promises when you are too happy, or decisions when you are too sad'.

Bearing that in mind Leo must rethink, reconsider his retirement stance, and pay a dutiful heed to Maradonna's counsel.
Messi should also come alive to the fact that he is only 29 years old: which means that ATBE, he can still very much feature in two World Cup events,one Confederation Cup and even another Copa America.
The foregoing sentence adduces that Messi in fact still has four more opportunities to bedeck with bells and whistles, his footballing dossier nation-wise. And yet he just wants to cravenly throw in the towel? Not only do I think it would be foolhardy but also a very unthinking course of action to take, especially in view of Russia 2018 which is only two tequila shots away from now.

I can't even begin to picture Russia 2018 without the Leo Messis of this world in it. That's like a Wimbledon without Djokovic or Federer.
Mrs.Antonella Messi also has an integral role to play in assisting to untie the proverbial Gordian knot tightly crisscrossed round her husband.
I have always maintained the position that the most effective elixir for the sorrows of a man resides in between the thighs of a woman.
In light of that truism, Mrs. Messi must ensure that she is in her element when next she tumbles on the bed sheets with the Barcelona play-maker. She must do the universe a favor by giving him a knee-weakening ḟuck to jettison whatever residual of depression and sadness that is still lingering on the ledge of his consciousness.

The future of the earth and the four corners of the world lies in Antonella Roccuzzo's hands. . . . .or should I say in Antonella Roccuzzo's yin-yang.
who wrote this? Lwkmd.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:13pm On Jun 29, 2016
darkenedrebel:
I am not even Argentine and I still felt overwhelmingly distraught when Messi failed to seal his legendary status with a silverware for his country. Worse still, for being unable to do so for the fourth time that he's been in a cup final. Now I'm not trying to say that he isn't already a legend as it stands, except as we all know that a landmark attained in country football dedounds to the glory of any footballer and eclipses club achievements.

If a non-Argentine like me could have been so crest-fallen, then I can only imagine how broken Leo must have felt, the pinching paroxysms of pain, and how utterly flummoxed and frustrated he must have felt.
So believe me when I say that I fully understand why he breathed life to his primeval impulses and opted for a premature retirement from country football.

Nonetheless, Messi's inability to get a cop hold of the Copa America this year does not suffice for setting the sun on his yeoman service to the national squad. 'You mustn't make promises when you are too happy, or decisions when you are too sad'.

Bearing that in mind Leo must rethink, reconsider his retirement stance, and pay a dutiful heed to Maradonna's counsel.
Messi should also come alive to the fact that he is only 29 years old: which means that ATBE, he can still very much feature in two World Cup events,one Confederation Cup and even another Copa America.
The foregoing sentence adduces that Messi in fact still has four more opportunities to bedeck with bells and whistles, his footballing dossier nation-wise. And yet he just wants to cravenly throw in the towel? Not only do I think it would be foolhardy but also a very unthinking course of action to take, especially in view of Russia 2018 which is only two tequila shots away from now.

I can't even begin to picture Russia 2018 without the Leo Messis of this world in it. That's like a Wimbledon without Djokovic or Federer.
Mrs.Antonella Messi also has an integral role to play in assisting to untie the proverbial Gordian knot tightly crisscrossed round her husband.
I have always maintained the position that the most effective elixir for the sorrows of a man resides in between the thighs of a woman.
In light of that truism, Mrs. Messi must ensure that she is in her element when next she tumbles on the bed sheets with the Barcelona play-maker. She must do the universe a favor by giving him a knee-weakening ḟuck to jettison whatever residual of depression and sadness that is still lingering on the ledge of his consciousness.

The future of the earth and the four corners of the world lies in Antonella Roccuzzo's hands. . . . .or should I say in Antonella Roccuzzo's yin-yang.
messi has only 2 more international tournaments left: the world cup 2018 in russia and the copa America 2019 in Brazil.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 2:02pm On Jun 29, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Relax bro, ehn, grin grin grin Messi will be back in the NT.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by cumz(m): 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2016
*FC Barcelona - Mes Que Un Club* BREAKING: All Argentians clubs have voted not to participate in next season's Primiera division and Cups until Messi comes out of retirement.
BREAKING: Close to 12 million Argentians are outside Lionel Messi's house in order to convince him to come out of retirement. Power of Messi!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
Umtiti deal done. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pelvicky(m): 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2016
bykebyke:
Umtiti deal done. grin
best news since lifting d copa dey reycheesy

wey opener?

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 3:44pm On Jun 29, 2016
bykebyke:
Umtiti deal done. grin
Stew?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 4:04pm On Jun 29, 2016
bykebyke:
Umtiti deal done. grin
The deal cost around €30m. It's a good deal to me. We can now boast of additional leg in the defence. We can only pray and hope he comes good and lives up to expectation.

Next is a sound forward....
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 4:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
pelvicky:

wey opener?
nonsense, they Will still put him on the bench and pair pique and mascherano at centre back. Na today?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 4:09pm On Jun 29, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

The few times i've watched him,he has been really good.Fast,Aggressive,Good in the air,confident with the ball,strong,Intelligent,Can score,and his positioning is quite good.Besides,there was a Sqawka comparision of him,Larporte,Marq,Lemos and Romagnoli and he beat all of them in virtually every aspect,[ofcos the league he plays in might also be a factor].He is quite experienced for his age[over 160 matches].He has been called up by the French NT for Euros,I pray we see a bit of him there.I dont expect him to become a starter next season,he might be 3rd defender, learn from MasPiq,and play copa/few league matches,but i expect him to take over from Masc in 2017/2018.If things go as expected,He would be our Varane.
I could remember telling you to relax, you can now start the party bro as it's now a done deal.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

Umtiti!....I'd be the happiest man on earth if we get him.
You must be celebrating by now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 29, 2016
coded01:

Do not omit 2002... Brazil... cheesy Brasileiro... cool

I intentionally omitted it cos i'm basing it on Europe's top 5 league
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
sebod:

The deal cost around €30m. It's a good deal to me. We can now boast of additional leg in the defence. We can only pray and hope he comes good and lives up to expectation.

Next is a sound forward....
Nolito is off to City,so he's no more among our options.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 29, 2016
ddippset:
nonsense, they Will still put him on the bench and pair pique and mascherano at centre back. Na today?
That is the plan.

Masche is old,In two seasons Umtiti takes over from him.
For now,he is to learn.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 29, 2016
pelvicky:

wey opener?
Na coded01 use am last,when en deh celebrate the sale of Bartra. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
bykebyke:

Na coded01 use am last,when en deh celebrate the sale of Bartra. grin

grin grin

Actually na dmcdad use am last for legend stout... grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AbuMikey(m): 6:51pm On Jun 29, 2016
Goal.com don dey craze oo

about Brazil's u-23 coach.

Conceed 99 ke? gringrin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
bykebyke:

Nolito is off to City,so he's no more among our options.
I still can't fathom why we failed to get him.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 29, 2016
sebod:

I still can't fathom why we failed to get him.
We weren't serious.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by kinggogo: 8:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
We don't need nolito he's 29 already

We need young bloods

I still don't understand y we avn't sold Douglas and his bench brothers already oo
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 29, 2016
jstbeinhonest:
This pic perfectly descibes the Copa final,where were the rest of his team mates?.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3902862_messivs9chileans_jpeg3513bd55dcb8881c3ef36b30f184117b
Messi beat all those players,passed the ball to Aguero expecting him to pass back,a 1-2situation.

The idiot went to shoot.I shout that night eh. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:51pm On Jun 29, 2016
bykebyke:

That is the plan.

Masche is old,In two seasons Umtiti takes over from him.
For now,he is to learn.
no no no no. Send umtiti to pair pique straight away. Let mascherano provide options in midfield and only be a centre back cover incase umtiti or pique is unavailable. U don't bring in a world-class centre back and say he should learn. Learn what na? Abi dem swear for us? Is it rocket science to ever have complete 2 central defenders? Stop wasting masch at centre back,besides he doesn't have the height for central defence. If busquets, masch,rakitic,inesta and arda shuffle 3 midfield slots, they won't die. Besides,that way the midfield would be very well rested to cope with the over 60 matches we have in the season. Funny u would contemplate putting umtiti on the bench. We might as well just leave Mathieu and vermalen as back ups.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by kinggogo: 8:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 29, 2016
ddippset:
no no no no. Send umtiti to pair pique straight away. Let mascherano provide options in midfield and only be a centre back cover incase umtiti or pique is unavailable. U don't bring in a world-class centre back and say he should learn. Learn what na? Abi dem swear for us? Is it rocket science to ever have complete 2 central defenders? Stop wasting masch at centre back,besides he doesn't have the height for central defence. If busquets, masch,rakitic,inesta and arda shuffle 3 midfield slots, they won't die. Funny u are contemplating putting umtiti on the bench. We might as well just leave Mathieu and vermalen as back ups.
Umtiti is still a prospect..He is 22,Bartra is older than him.

Masche is not being wasted at centre back,not with the good performances he puts in every week at that position.

Have you watched a Barca match when Masche is played at midfield?
Creating chances becomes a problem,especially if it's a double pivot with Busquets.

You think if Pep hadn't discovered he could play as a centre back he would still be a Barca player?

Mathieu is shït,Vermaelen is almost always injured,Umtiti is going to be our 3rd choice centre back straight away,and I support that decision,He shouldn't be rushed.

Lyon is not Barcelona.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2016
kinggogo:
http://www.goal.com/euro2016/en/article/hate-ronaldo-all-you-want-but-he-would-never-quit-like-messi/1m4unmcaxy4li1150pmabotuus

Anoda pathetic post 4rm anoda goal.com writer Peter staunton
Was already expecting the article,after they wrote one about him not taking Penalties first that pained Madridiots. grin grin

Goal.com,anywhere an ass is,they pucker up and kiss it. grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2016
bykebyke:

Umtiti is still a prospect..He is 22,Bartra is older than him.

Masche is not being wasted at centre back,not with the good performances he puts in every week at that position.

Have you watched a Barca match when Masche is played at midfield?
Creating chances becomes a problem,especially if it's a double pivot with Busquets.

You think if Pep hadn't discovered he could play as a centre back he would still be a Barca player?

Mathieu is shït,Vermaelen is almost always injured,Umtiti is going to be our 3rd choice centre back straight away,and I support that decision,He shouldn't be rushed.

Lyon is not Barcelona.
I understand your angle but I still think that our problem and the problem of our coaches is the will to do away with,or bench either busquets or mascherano. One of them has to sit on the bench but no coach has had the liver to bench one of them. Yes masch has done very well at centre back. If he has performed 90 percent at centre back,trust me he would do 95 at defensive midfield. Mascherano is a destroyer. We need centre backs who are good in the air. When we have to defend a corner kick against an athletico or a real, we would be confident. When we have to score a corner,a centre back who would get forward and nod home. That might as well be our elusive plan B.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
ddippset:
I understand your angle but I still think that our problem and the problem of our coaches is the will to do away with,or bench either busquets or mascherano. One of them has to sit on the bench but no coach has had the liver to bench one of them. Yes masch has done very well at centre back. If he has performed 90 percent at centre back,trust me he would do 95 at defensive midfield. Mascherano is a destroyer. We need centre backs who are good in the air. When we have to defend a corner kick against an athletico or a real, we would be confident. When we have to score a corner,a centre back who would get forward and nod home. That might as well be our elusive plan B.
Make we see Umtiti play first and hope He is really good enough,before we start expecting Heaven and Earth from him.

Like I said earlier,He is a prospect.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 10:33pm On Jun 29, 2016
sebod:

You must be celebrating by now.

grin Baba, I just dey chill make Barca themselves announce am for their Social media pages.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 10:44pm On Jun 29, 2016
kinggogo:
http://www.goal.com/euro2016/en/article/hate-ronaldo-all-you-want-but-he-would-never-quit-like-messi/1m4unmcaxy4li1150pmabotuus

Anoda pathetic post 4rm anoda goal.com writer Peter staunton

It was annoying reading him compare Cr's situation to Leo's, the dude even compared Figo to Maradona....There I gave up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) (1622) (1623) ... (6193) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: jpmoriarti(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.