Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1955) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4610235 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1952) (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) (1958) ... (6196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilist: 7:48pm On Dec 23, 2016
bykebyke:
BEYOND STATS AND STUNTS - THE GULF BETWEEN MESSI AND CRISTIANO RONALDO WIDENED IN 2016
https://grup14.com/article/beyond-stats-and-stunts-the-gulf-between-messi-and-cristiano-ronaldo-has-widened-in-2016

Messi praise....Mi Droga. grin grin

cc:Nihilist.

A website dedictated to Barcelona praises a Barcelona player.

Shock horror.

Tomorrow you may tell me that water is a bit wet. cheesy

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:51pm On Dec 23, 2016
Nihilist:

The quote is can the be split into two parts. The first part is Terry calling Messi the best. That bit is not in contest. I am not saying Terry did not say what he said

The second part of the post deals with Terry's motivations. My argument is that Terry wants to be known as the defender who shackled the World's best, and the second part of his post makes that abundantly clear.

He has already called Ororo the best in the past but cannot claim to have shackled Ororo. He can't claim to have shackled Ronaldinho. But he can claim to have Shackled Messi...so of course he will try and sell Messi as the best, which also allows him stake his own claim for best defender ever...

maybe iam wrong but the information I have is that on one occasion he called ronaldo the BEST IN THE WORLD and on another occasion he called messi the BEST EVER. I hope am right.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 7:52pm On Dec 23, 2016
dmcdad:

Abeg no let hensben come here come talk how one play in 4-2-3-1 formation while the other play for a 4-3-3 formation blah blah blah blah. You sef go tire ooooo.cheesy
And after writing all the epistles, he will now crown it with "I don't compare two player who have not played in same league" that guy funny die grin

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
Nihilist:

Shock horror.

The article was objective.

I know you read(red) it and saw so too. grin grin

Which is why you are now angling at it being a Barcelona website to discredit the article. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilist: 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
ddippset:
maybe iam wrong but the information I have is that on one occasion he called ronaldo the BEST IN THE WORLD and on another occasion he called messi the BEST EVER. I hope am right.

I'm not sure how this distinction disqualifies my argument that Terry wants to be known as the defender that shackled the best ever player.

I don't work for the daily star but you can see that even they could see where Terry was going with this.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:56pm On Dec 23, 2016
Nihilist:

Shock horror.

but what part of the article is incorrect? take the message and forget the messenger.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilist: 7:56pm On Dec 23, 2016
bykebyke:

The article was objective.

I know you read(red) it and saw so too. grin grin

Which is why you are now angling at it being a Barcelona website to discredit the article. grin grin grin

A website that describes itself as being dedicated to Barcelona can not be objective.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
dmcdad:

Your list is spot on.cheesy So so true of Shekpites! Mehn, I need buy drink for person wey carve out this name I swear down! cheesy
Only few of them see things differently.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 23, 2016
Nihilist:

A website that describes itself as being dedicated to Barcelona can not be objective.
Suit yourself.

Currently watching Pakistani Cristina fanboys go up in flames due to that article on twitter. grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hensben(m): 8:00pm On Dec 23, 2016
dmcdad:

Goals + assists stats, yes!

Any other stat, Iniesta trumps him. Besides, Iniesta has scored more vital goals than Lampard. #Fact. Dribbles, chances created, ball control, out of this world movement on and off the ball, absorption of pressure, big-game / big-stage player, individual brilliance, mesmerising and spellbounding performances, and so on...

No player has won MOTM award in Champions League finals like The Illusionista. Coupled with winning it in Euro final and World Cup final. Haba mana... Make we see true talk na. What more can you ask for? You don't win MOTM awards just like that without performing moments of magic and wizardry.

I rest my case. In football world today, there is absolutely no way Lampard would be regarded greater than The Illusionista. Never!

Meanwhile,
I am not part of iniesta vs Lampard argument my problem is you guys double standard. When it comes to hazard vs Neymar goals and asssist are the only thing you guys regard.
Iniesta is my man anytime any day same with Lampard. I respect both to high esteem.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilist: 8:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
ddippset:
but what part of the article is incorrect? take the message and forget the messenger.

I didn't even bother reading it. I cant expect a Barca fansite to be objective about Messi anymore than I can expect Lai Muhammed to tell the truth.

Ororo is literally going to be officially confirmed as the best player in thr world in just a few weeks, yet one Barka fanzine is writing rubbish on the interwebs. I am duty bound to reject both the messenger, thr message, and the envelope the message came in.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilist: 8:09pm On Dec 23, 2016
bykebyke:

Suit yourself.

Currently watching Pakistani Cristina fanboys go up in flames due to that article on twitter. grin grin grin

Pakis cannot be trusted to act rationally in any situation. Shebi you can see Amir Kahn, his wife, and the in laws fighting on instagram despite being right next to each other.

That's why they are the HQ of the taliban. Foolish Pakis act irrationally. Shock horror.

Tommorow you may tell me that water is occassionally known as h2o
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 23, 2016
Here is what happens when you are a Cristina fanboy,You lose. grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by airmark(m): 8:49pm On Dec 23, 2016
sebod:

You can't be talking of a player's individual brilliance and be limiting it to goals and assists bro. It doesn't work. So many factors have to be taken into consideration. such as: goals and assists, tactical skills,long and short range pass, creativity,on-the-ball mastery, tricks and ball control, dribbles, ability to dictate play, soak pressure, produce moments of magic and show up when it matters most.[s]
Lampard trumps the Don in goal scoring+assists based on stats but lags in every other factor.
Iniesta, with his lesser goals+assists have not only appeared in the biggest of stages, but delivered top notch performances to ensure his team won. Can same be said of Lampard? What then are the usefulness of all the goals+assists if none has helped his team in the biggest stages?
Iniesta's few goals+assist did not only ensure his country become a force to reckon with in the world of football, he was a major force in the scheme of things.
Madrid, Man U, Juve, Arsenal, netherlands, Germany can all testify to Iniesta's brilliance having been on the receiving end due to his few goal+assists on the biggest stages. What can we say about your messiah?
Why can't he at anytime produce just a moment of magic to save his country from embarrassment? Instead of proving answers, you will be giving us excuses.
A typical Shekpite grin tongue[/s]

I like how you put goals and assists before other stuffs. Earlier, i thought you were saying goals and assists are not part of what you look for in player's individual brilliance. I am a bit busy offline i would have loved to tackle everything you wrote here. talking of tactical skills, because iniesta thrived in tiki taka doesn't mean he can adapt to tactical change. You cant say he is tactically better because he has been playing the same system all his life. As regards Long passes, are you saying iniesta shits on lamps on this? Even iniesta will slap you. moments of magic, show up when it matters most etc are just your coinages.

dmcdad:
Him go do like say him no see the questions wey them dey ask am ooooo.

Abeg airmark come tell us wetin happen with your better-than-Busi Krychowiak.

You see questions, you just go MIA sha.cheesy

You cant expect me to leave work and be answering stvpid questions.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
airmark:

I like how you put goals and assists before other stuffs. Earlier, i thought you were saying goals and assists are not part of what you look for in player's individual brilliance. I am a bit busy offline i would have loved to tackle everything you wrote here. talking of tactical skills, because iniesta thrived in tiki taka doesn't mean he can adapt to tactical change. You cant say he is tactically better because he has been playing the same system all his life. As regards Long passes, are you saying iniesta shits on lamps on this? Even iniesta will slap you. moments of magic, show up when it matters most etc are just your coinages.

You don't have to be selective in your reply sir.
Tell us why your Messiah can't make his individual brilliance count for his country when they needed him most.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by airmark(m): 9:18pm On Dec 23, 2016
sebod:

You don't have to be selective in your reply sir.
Tell us why your Messiah can't make his individual brilliance count for his country when they needed him most.

I have answered this before. Messi couldnt do what sanchez did for his country, can we say sanchez sh1ts on messi? Just like ronaldinho, i prefer a midfielder that has superior goals and assists to the one who went a whole season without a single goal and assist.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 9:56pm On Dec 23, 2016
airmark:

I have answered this before. Messi couldnt do what sanchez did for his country, can we say sanchez sh1ts on messi? Just like ronaldinho, i prefer a midfielder that has superior goals and assists to the one who went a whole season without a single goal and assist.
We are not even talking about winning the finals now. All we ask is why his superior goals and assist amounted to nothing for his country. Not even a semi final appearance? Why oh why?
you prefer a midfielder with superior goals+assist who would disappear when the goals+assists are needed most.
We prefer the one whose few goals and assists deliver us trophies on the biggest stages. While one disappeared into the thin air when it mattered most, one staked his claim as one of the greats. The difference is clear bro.
Your Sanchez/Messi analogy is flawed because they both have performed on the biggest stages. What should we say about your Lord who doesn't have just a ONE WORLD CUP goal in his entire carrier( even when he had the chance of scoring one, he blew it, what he did for fun in smaller stages grin) while a goal from the don delivered the most coveted trophy to his country? What happened to his individual brilliance?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
Higuain loses another final.

Bottles for both club and country. angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by airmark(m): 11:29pm On Dec 23, 2016
sebod:

[s]We are not even talking about winning the finals now. All we ask is why his superior goals and assist amounted to nothing for his country. Not even a semi final appearance? Why oh why?
you prefer a midfielder with superior goals+assist who would disappear when the goals+assists are needed most.
We prefer the one whose few goals and assists deliver us trophies on the biggest stages. While one disappeared into the thin air when it mattered most, one staked his claim as one of the greats. The difference is clear bro.
Your Sanchez/Messi analogy is flawed because they both have performed on the biggest stages. What should we say about your Lord who doesn't have just a ONE WORLD CUP goal in his entire carrier( even when he had the chance of scoring one, he blew it, what he did for fun in smaller stages grin) while a goal from the don delivered the most coveted trophy to his country? What happened to his individual brilliance?[/s]

I have told you a team wins tournament, one tree doesn't make a forest. Ronaldinho had settled it long ago. It's just like messi asking enrique to sign courtois. You dont need to do brain surgery to understand that messi rates him higher than stegen.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 23, 2016
Luis Enrique: "If I put Messi at centre back, he’d be the best defender in the team"

Enrique trying to win back my love. undecided
But then,Messi gave him a career,it's about time he appreciates him.

*whistles* grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:00am On Dec 24, 2016
Meta4element:
grin Sampaoli will definitely get the job Done

Sevilla, favorites against Real Madrid?, Never !.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:02am On Dec 24, 2016
Debroslink:

If it is Unai Emery in cup games, I'm sure of Sevilla victory. I've not seen Sampaoli in cup games to assess him

It is Sevilla, not Emery, that are good in Cup games.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:05am On Dec 24, 2016
bykebyke:
Higuain loses another final.
Bottles for both club and country. angry
Dybala
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 12:14am On Dec 24, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

It is Sevilla, not Emery, that are good in Cup games.

Emery spent 3 years and Sevilla won 3 Europa titles back to back.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:04am On Dec 24, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

Dybala
Wasn't this Dybala's first major final?

Hasn't even played a final for Arg,too early to call.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 2:33am On Dec 24, 2016
airmark:

I have told you a team wins tournament, one tree doesn't make a forest. Ronaldinho had settled it long ago. It's just like messi asking enrique to sign courtois. You dont need to do brain surgery to understand that messi rates him higher than stegen.
It's just funny how you keep hammering on what Dinho said as at the time Lampard was at his peak while Iniesta was just fighting for a shirt in a team of Dinho, deco, xavi et all. Can you tell us the time the quote was said?
Lampard, with all his superior individual brilliance couldn't perform jack despite playing in a star studded team that boasted of many awards. Does that not tell you he's a failure at the international level? So why comparing a failure at the biggest stages to someone who won it all?
Your messiah would gladly sum all his goal+assists into just a goal only if that goal would deliver to him the most coveted trophy in the world of football.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:48am On Dec 24, 2016
sebod:

And after writing all the epistles, he will now crown it with "I don't compare two player who have not played in same league" that guy funny die grin
As in ehn... Very tiring and annoying.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by airmark(m): 3:05am On Dec 24, 2016
sebod:

[s]It's just funny how you keep hammering on what Dinho said as at the time Lampard was at his peak while Iniesta was just fighting for a shirt in a team of Dinho, deco, xavi et all. Can you tell us the time the quote was said?
Lampard, with all his superior individual brilliance couldn't perform jack despite playing in a star studded team that boasted of many awards. Does that not tell you he's a failure at the international level? So why comparing a failure at the biggest stages to someone who won it all?
Your messiah would gladly sum all his goal+assists into just a goal only if that goal would deliver to him the most coveted trophy in the world of football.[/s]

Ronaldinho is an authority as regards soccer in the world. Sebod is just a moniker on nairaland, the person behind it might not have kicked plastic ball, all his life. The period ronaldinho was asking rijkaard to sign lampard was the period iniesta was playing average of 34 matches in laliga per season, with poor goal stats (2005 - 2008). This was a failure to ronaldinho, who saw a superior midfielder in lampard.
Below is ronaldinho's ucl best 11, messi who was junior to iniesta made the list. Lampard as expected pushed out iniesta from the list, i hope you can see ronaldinho's position clearly now. 'up barka fan' cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AbuMikey(m): 7:54am On Dec 24, 2016
airmark:

Oga, this is weekend.
Come and tell us the 411 about Your Best DM in the world. undecided

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 8:12am On Dec 24, 2016
[s]
airmark:

Ronaldinho is an authority as regards soccer in the world. Sebod is just a moniker on nairaland, the person behind it might not have kicked plastic ball, all his life. The period ronaldinho was asking rijkaard to sign lampard was the period iniesta was playing average of 34 matches in laliga per season, with poor goal stats (2005 - 2008). This was a failure to ronaldinho, who saw a superior midfielder in lampard.
Below is ronaldinho's ucl best 11, messi who was junior to iniesta made the list. Lampard as expected pushed out iniesta from the list, i hope you can see ronaldinho's position clearly now. 'up barka fan' cheesy cheesy cheesy
[/s]
See your life now, a list that contains fraud Terry is what you are showing us. Does the omission of Puyol make Terry better than him?

Tell us why you Messisah could not score just a goal in all the world cup matches he played while his Lord was putting up a top notch performance to deliver his country from the group of losers. Typical Shekpite grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 8:29am On Dec 24, 2016
Can Lampard boast of this? No? Oh wait..they will day Messi made him win it but Ronaldo can't make Modric win it.

Funny how this haters still find a way to argue

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1952) (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) (1958) ... (6196) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: ohma456, Konjidam and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.