Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1954) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4609970 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1951) (1952) (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) ... (6195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 23, 2016
Nihilist:

This was before Ororo even won his his first WPOTY.

Terry is telling you that Ororo is thr master. When he heard Barka fans blasphemously claiming that their midget was the greatest, he quickly noted an opportunity to boost his credentials.

It's in Terry's interests to proclaim Messi as the best in the world so that he can factually claim to have shackled Messi completely.

Any defender wold want people to believe that he has pocketed the worlds best player on several occasions, especially someone like John Terry who knows full well that Ronaldo was on target on the worst day of his professional career - thr 2008 UCL final
This is Ronaldinho saying He is not the best player at Barcelona after winning a Ballon D'or.

Ronaldinho>Terry(Based on who we should listen to) grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilist: 4:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
bykebyke:

This is Ronaldinho saying He is not the best player at Barcelona after winning a Ballon D'or.

Ronaldinho>Terry(Based on who we should listen to) grin grin

Messi is better than Ronaldinho of course. But so is Ronaldo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 23, 2016
Nihilist:

Messi is better than Ronaldinho of course. But so is Ronaldo.
Nope,Cristina Ronaldo isn't even the best Ronaldo,El Fenomenon is the best. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilist: 4:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
bykebyke:

Nope,Cristina Ronaldo isn't even the best Ronaldo,El Fenomenon is the best. grin grin

Fat Ronaldo would squash you death with his pot belly if you said such blasphemous things within his ear shot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 23, 2016
Luis Enrique (On Messi): "It's ridiculous that they're comparing awards, Golden Melons, whatever they want to call it. Messi is different.

L.E: "Don't compare him to the ones who played years ago. The level of play was far inferior physically."

L.E: "Today's footballers are much stronger, physically and in terms of skill. Managers provide them with every information."

L.E: "For a player to do this, in this era, there will never be anyone like him, ever. No disrespect to any current player."

Luis Enrique hate reduced by 65%. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 5:09pm On Dec 23, 2016
TRendlona:
Iniesta is unproductive, he's just lucky to have Messi.

Messi's achievement is as a result of Iniesta and co's presence

Busquets is lazy, he's lucky to play with Messi and Iniesta

Neymar plays well because Messi, Suarez and Iniesta are always there for him

Messi scores because Neymar is always there to assist him

Valdes is a calamitous goal keeper, Pique and co have been covering his a$s

Pique is overrated, the likes of Puyol, Mascherano etc have always covered for him.

Guardiola is a fraud, he is lucky to have Messi, Neymar, Iniesta, Pique and Busquets in his team.

Shekpites are really confused.. SMH..

Kagawa10 this is an example of the senseless yarns we have been hearing from EPL fans. So which is which? when will they make up their minds
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 5:12pm On Dec 23, 2016
bykebyke:
Interesting how Airmark hasn't been mentioning Krychowiak here anymore,Just found out that he has been in poor form for PSG. grin grin

Oh Ye foolish airmark. What hapened to Krychowiak? This isnt an issue of coach not liking him ecause he is with the same coach
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 5:23pm On Dec 23, 2016
bykebyke:
Luis Enrique (On Messi): "It's ridiculous that they're comparing awards, Golden Melons, whatever they want to call it. Messi is different.

L.E: "Don't compare him to the ones who played years ago. The level of play was far inferior physically."

L.E: "Today's footballers are much stronger, physically and in terms of skill. Managers provide them with every information."

L.E: "For a player to do this, in this era, there will never be anyone like him, ever. No disrespect to any current player."

Luis Enrique hate reduced by 65%. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10d0ve(m): 5:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
dmcdad:

Funny thing about these shekpites is that, they will berate Iniesta all they want using Lampard's G+A ratio. Yet, if I ask them if he is also better than Zidane, since Zizou didn't score or assist much, they will start giving silly excuses about Zidane playing in a 4-4-2 formation blah blah blah. These guys sha... I just tire for them.angry
God bless your soul! If Lampard is >> than Iniesta, he's also better than zizou. We can take all of them as trolls
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10d0ve(m): 5:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
raumdeuter:

Oh Ye foolish airmark. What hapened to Krychowiak? This isnt an issue of coach not liking him ecause he is with the same coach
He has gone to a big team n cannot start 3 straight games...These days, everybody just dey form football analyst.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
10d0ve:
He has gone to a big team n cannot start 3 straight games...These days, everybody just dey form football analyst.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 6:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
merry Christmas everybody, lovers of our great club. and merry Christmas to the haters too, you know we don't discriminate.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:39pm On Dec 23, 2016
Nihilist:

Terry is only saying that to boost his own credentials. You know that Messi has had several attempts but never managed to score against Terry.

What better way to boost your football CV as defender than announcing that the best player in the world has not scored against you? cheesy

See Terry's true thoughts below
Guy! Let's call a spade by its name and not something else. In Cristiano's case, he alluded that CR7 was the best in the world at the time. Meanwhile, in Messi's case, he didn't just state best in the world, but rather, the best player in the history of the game, a.k.a G.O.A.T.cheesy

There's the difference bruv...wink

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Meta4element(m): 6:41pm On Dec 23, 2016
Airmak what's up ur Lord Krychowiak?..Same coach same ideology different club yet He can't start 3games..just 3 games in a Row...Funny how Busi been shutting his haters up...First he sent Yaya out... masch came and ended up as CB...Even our so called progidy Samper is currently on Loan... Like I will always tell them; DM is not all about gra gra..it requires ability to Read games,knowing how and when to dispose a possession... Ofcourse Busi might no survive in Chelsea because The Mike Tyson and Gattuso in Them won't allow them Understand what Clinicality is all about...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:42pm On Dec 23, 2016
sebod:

The Shekpites have three things in common!
1. They bring on contradicting excuses just to defend whatever claim they are making. They'll tell you today that Messi thrives because he has good team mates and come back tomorrow to rubbish all the players and label them average.
You'll read today how Messi and Xavi alone led Barca to glory and tomorrow list out players like Busi, Iniesta, Piqué, Puyol et all as brilliant chaps behind Barca's successes. Which one do we believe?
2. Whenever one of their popular members makes a submission, they all rush in to like and give their support without making any attempt to find out if the claim is true or not.
3. They hate and berate anything good as long as it does not come from them. And the hate becomes worse when they have been a victim of that something good grin

That's why they are Shekpites!
Your list is spot on.cheesy So so true of Shekpites! Mehn, I need buy drink for person wey carve out this name I swear down! cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
10d0ve:
God bless your soul! If Lampard is >> than Iniesta, he's also better than zizou. We can take all of them as trolls
God bless you too brodaly.

According to them, Lampard >>>>> Iniesta >>>>> Zidane.

The above is perfectly fine by me as long as he is also greater than the great Zizou.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2016
fredoooooo:

Coded01 only few Chelsea fans can forgive the refree,barcelona and Iniesta at the end of this game till today ... grin grin cheesy

I dey tell you... grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2016
dmcdad:

True.

grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 6:48pm On Dec 23, 2016
10d0ve:

Where is the airmark who made himself krychowiaks promoter. Now your player has failed miserably in PSG with the same coach. So let him now tell us which DM is better than Busquets
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:49pm On Dec 23, 2016
sebod:
Airmark my guy!
Are you seriously tipping Lampard over Iniesta when talking about players individual brilliance? Even hesben cannot make such a statement bro. Just stick to the goals and assists you guys have been using as yardstick grin
Abeg no let hensben come here come talk how one play in 4-2-3-1 formation while the other play for a 4-3-3 formation blah blah blah blah. You sef go tire ooooo.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilist: 6:51pm On Dec 23, 2016
dmcdad:

Guy! Let's call a spade by its name and not something else. In Cristiano's case, he alluded that CR7 was the best in the world at the time. Meanwhile, in Messi's case, he didn't just state best in the world, but rather, the best player in the history of the game, a.k.a G.O.A.T.cheesy

There's the difference bruv...wink

Terry was telling you that Ronaldo was the best in the game before Ronaldo was even awarded his first WPOTY.

10 years later, he realised his opportunity to boost his credentials by hyping Messi as the best in the world so that he can claim the honour of successfully shackling the best player in the world.

Read Terry's statement again, he literally says as much here:

when I finish my career it’s something I can look back on and know I’ve tested myself against the very best
[and stopped him from scoring against me]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 7:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
airmark:

Your post has holes all over it. How do you rate a player's individual brilliance if goals and assists are not major? You think recycling ball is the only thing in individual brilliance? Can you tell me what is crucial in an attacking midfielder if assists and goals wont count? Ronaldinho preferred lampard to iniesta that time because of his goals and though he didnt mention it, ronaldinho would have benefited from his assists too.

Art of goal-scoring is not individual brilliance, right ? You should be the commander-in-chief of 'Up barka' fans.
You can't be talking of a player's individual brilliance and be limiting it to goals and assists bro. It doesn't work. So many factors have to be taken into consideration. such as: goals and assists, tactical skills,long and short range pass, creativity,on-the-ball mastery, tricks and ball control, dribbles, ability to dictate play, soak pressure, produce moments of magic and show up when it matters most.
Lampard trumps the Don in goal scoring+assists based on stats but lags in every other factor.
Iniesta, with his lesser goals+assists have not only appeared in the biggest of stages, but delivered top notch performances to ensure his team won. Can same be said of Lampard? What then are the usefulness of all the goals+assists if none has helped his team in the biggest stages?
Iniesta's few goals+assist did not only ensure his country become a force to reckon with in the world of football, he was a major force in the scheme of things.
Madrid, Man U, Juve, Arsenal, netherlands, Germany can all testify to Iniesta's brilliance having been on the receiving end due to his few goal+assists on the biggest stages. What can we say about your messiah?
Why can't he at anytime produce just a moment of magic to save his country from embarrassment? Instead of proving answers, you will be giving us excuses.
A typical Shekpite grin tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:23pm On Dec 23, 2016
Nihilist:

Terry was telling you that Ronaldo was the best in the game before Ronaldo was even awarded his first WPOTY.

10 years later, he realised his opportunity to boost his credentials by hyping Messi as the best in the world so that he can claim the honour of successfully shackling the best player in the world.

Read Terry's statement again, he literally says as much here:

when I finish my career it’s something I can look back on and know I’ve tested myself against the very best
[and stopped him from scoring against me]
Tell me you are not an hypocrite. How come you didn't give the full quote? cheesy

You ehn...cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hensben(m): 7:24pm On Dec 23, 2016
dmcdad:

Abeg no let hensben come here come talk how one play in 4-2-3-1 formation while the other play for a 4-3-3 formation blah blah blah blah. You sef go tire ooooo.cheesy
Statistically, Lampard is superior to Iniesta.#fact
Both played 4-3-3 formation in their peak.
Both are good players in their right.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 7:29pm On Dec 23, 2016
hensben:

One MOTM is a world cup final, MOTM in a CL final, MOTM in a Euro final. Guess which one of them we are talking aout?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:29pm On Dec 23, 2016
sebod:

You can't be talking of a player's individual brilliance and be limiting it to goals and assists bro. It doesn't work. So many factor have to be taken into consideration. such as: goals and assists, tactical skills,long and short range pass, creativity,on-the-ball mastery, tricks and ball control, dribbles, ability to dictate play, soak pressure, produce moments of magic and show up when it matters most.
Lampard trumps the Don in goal scoring+assists based on stats but lags in every other factor.
Iniesta, with his lesser goals+assists have not only appeared in the biggest of stages, but delivered top notch performances to ensure his team won. Can same be said of Lampard? What then are the usefulness of all the goals+assists if none has helped his team in the biggest stages?
Iniesta's few goals+assist did not only ensure his country become a force to reckon with in the world of football, he was a major force in the scheme of things.
Madrid, Man U, Juve, Arsenal, netherlands, Germany can all testify to Iniesta's brilliance having been on the receiving end due to his few goal+assists on the biggest stages. What can we say about your messiah?
Why can he at anytime produce just a moment of magic to save his country from embarrassment? Instead of proving answers, you will be giving us excuses.
A typical Shekpite grin tongue

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
BEYOND STATS AND STUNTS - THE GULF BETWEEN MESSI AND CRISTIANO RONALDO WIDENED IN 2016
https://grup14.com/article/beyond-stats-and-stunts-the-gulf-between-messi-and-cristiano-ronaldo-has-widened-in-2016

Messi praise....Mi Droga. grin grin

cc:Nihilist.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:39pm On Dec 23, 2016
hensben:
Goals + assists stats, yes!

Any other stat, Iniesta trumps him. Besides, Iniesta has scored more vital goals than Lampard. #Fact. Dribbles, chances created, ball control, out of this world movement on and off the ball, absorption of pressure, big-game / big-stage player, individual brilliance, mesmerising and spellbounding performances, and so on...

No player has won MOTM award in Champions League finals like The Illusionista. Coupled with winning it in Euro final and World Cup final. Haba mana... Make we see true talk na. What more can you ask for? You don't win MOTM awards just like that without performing moments of magic and wizardry.

I rest my case. In football world today, there is absolutely no way Lampard would be regarded greater than The Illusionista. Never!

Meanwhile,

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:41pm On Dec 23, 2016
Him go do like say him no see the questions wey them dey ask am ooooo.

Abeg airmark come tell us wetin happen with your better-than-Busi Krychowiak.

You see questions, you just go MIA sha.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 23, 2016
dmcdad:
Him go do like say him no see the questions wey them dey ask am ooooo.

Abeg airmark come tell us wetin happen with your better-than-Busi Krychowiak.

You see questions, you just go MIA sha.cheesy
Him deh dodge since morning. grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10d0ve(m): 7:42pm On Dec 23, 2016
dmcdad:

Goals + assists stats, yes!

Any other stat, Iniesta trumps him. Besides, Iniesta has scored more vital goals than Lampard. #Fact. Dribbles, chances created, ball control, out of this world movement on and off the ball, absorption of pressure, big-game / big-stage player, individual brilliance, mesmerising and spellbounding performances, and so on...

No player has won MOTM award in Champions League finals like The Illusionista. Coupled with winning it in Euro final and World Cup final. Haba mana... Make we see true talk na. What more can you ask for? You don't win MOTM awards just like that without performing moments of magic and wizardry.

I rest my case. In football world today, there is absolutely no way Lampard would be regarded greater than The Illusionista. Never!

Meanwhile,
It's Barca vs "kick n follow" boys...esp shekpites! I go dey coin new names for them on a daily cos na so dem dey yarn gibberish on a daily
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilist: 7:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
dmcdad:

Tell me you are not an hypocrite. How come you didn't give the full quote? cheesy

You ehn...cheesy

The quote is can the be split into two parts. The first part is Terry calling Messi the best. That bit is not in contest. I am not saying Terry did not say what he said

The second part of the post deals with Terry's motivations. My argument is that Terry wants to be known as the defender who shackled the World's best, and the second part of his post makes that abundantly clear.

He has already called Ororo the best in the past but cannot claim to have shackled Ororo. He can't claim to have shackled Ronaldinho. But he can claim to have Shackled Messi...so of course he will try and sell Messi as the best, which also allows him stake his own claim for best defender ever...

(1) (2) (3) ... (1951) (1952) (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) ... (6195) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: oliverano, Geld(m), Rarre and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.