Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,735 members, 7,827,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4618255 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (6203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 1:36am On Jul 14, 2014
homesteady:
how on earth does he not deserve it? do you think its easy to be heavily involved in getting your team to the semi final?
What is the end product? The entire team is built around him but 0 goals and 1 assist in 450+ mins of competition shows he didn't do much. The defence played a bigger role! Guys like Mascherano, Garay deserve more credit than Messi

logica: 21 goal scoring chances. Who had more? Robben?
So that is the only metric that should count? I don't get you at all! We should give a player Golden ball because he created the most scoring chances?

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 1:36am On Jul 14, 2014
Muller with 5 goals and 4 assists yet Germany would have won the world cup without him?

A player who was involved in 9 goals?

Can you pass the blunt

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:41am On Jul 14, 2014
lol. 3 goals against a 10 man portugal and 1 goal arrangement with the usa. germany did not need muller to win the world cup, without messi argentina would be out since last year. yeah the blunt is good, no sticks, no seeds.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:42am On Jul 14, 2014
A40:
What is the end product? The entire team is built around him but 0 goals and 1 assist in 450+ mins of competition shows he didn't do much. The defence played a bigger role! Guys like Mascherano, Garay deserve more credit than Messi

So that is the only metric that should count? I don't get you at all! We should give a player Golden ball because he created the most scoring chances?
your weed has to be stronger than mine! o sorry i mistakened you for dayokanu. lol. his weed is good.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 1:47am On Jul 14, 2014
ddippset: robben too did not score in the knock outs, he ran away from taking a penalty which could have qualified netherlands, he scored only 3 goals, he had a lot of dribbles and dives- so how should he beat messi to the golden ball?
When and where did Robben run away from taking penalties? If I recall he scored both his kicks! Robben shone against tougher opposition and easily outshone Messi at this World Cup! It can even be argued that Messi wasn't Argentina's best player

ddippset: muller scored 5 goals but he wasnt an impact player, germany would have won the world cup even without him -thats why you people keep calling kroos, schwein, lahm and co to win the award too. guy abeg chill make we go sleep. messi must be hugging his golden ball as we speak, no vex.
Müller with 5 goals 3 assists, almost 20 chances created and the most KMs covered wasn't an impact player? Shuooo?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 1:50am On Jul 14, 2014
ddippset: lol. 3 goals against a 10 man portugal and 1 goal arrangement with the usa. germany did not need muller to win the world cup, without messi argentina would be out since last year. yeah the blunt is good, no sticks, no seeds.
Hahahaha you just embarrassed yourself there. Oya let's list the teams Messi scored against

The mighty Bosnians
The immortal Iranians
And the baba of them all Nigeria grin grin

Bwahahahahaha
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:53am On Jul 14, 2014
A40:
When and where did Robben run away from taking penalties? If I recall he scored both his kicks! Robben shone against tougher opposition and easily outshone Messi at this World Cup! It can even be argued that Messi wasn't Argentina's best player

Müller with 5 goals 3 assists, almost 20 chances created and the most KMs covered wasn't an impact player? Shuooo?
lol. all this talk about messi not being argentina's best player started with the tackle masch made when robben was about to score in the semi final match. dont believe the hype messi was argentina's best by a very wide margin, rojo or garay a distant second, then mascherano in 3rd place. fact is that i always maintained the golden ball was goina be between muller and messi depending on who won the final. but i guess muller had more than enough help thats why they gave messi.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:55am On Jul 14, 2014
A40:
Hahahaha you just embarrassed yourself there. Oya let's list the teams Messi scored against

The mighty Bosnians
The immortal Iranians
And the baba of them all Nigeria grin grin

Bwahahahahaha
you think bosnia and nigeria are small teams? no way. by the way i tell you it is easier to score a hattrick against an all out attacking spanish team than an iran or a bosnia which keeps 9 men in front of their goalie. ask mourinho. the entire spanish team were out looking for goals. have you forgotten messi's goals versus iran and bosnia? there were at least 9 men between him and the goalies.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by chic2pimp(m): 2:03am On Jul 14, 2014
ddippset: wtf are you talking about? were you not the one listing goals and assists as if to say that automatically the player who gets the highest goals and assists becomes the best player? what do you mean by fire blanks at the knock out stage? whether fire blanks or not you played in the final. fire blanks or not he was man of the match 4 times. in his last 3 games he created chances for higuain and palacios only for them to throw away. if they had scored would he not be on 4 or more assists? goal or no goal messi was the reason we had germany versus argentina at the maracana. otherwise it could have been germany versus belgium or germany versus holland. robben too did not score in the knock outs, he ran away from taking a penalty which could have qualified netherlands, he scored only 3 goals, he had a lot of dribbles and dives- so how should he beat messi to the golden ball? muller scored 5 goals but he wasnt an impact player, germany would have won the world cup even without him -thats why you people keep calling kroos, schwein, lahm and co to win the award too. guy abeg chill make we go sleep. messi must be hugging his golden ball as we speak, no vex.

Loool because I think Messi should have been nowhere near the top three Of golden ball candidates automatically means I hate one of the greatest football players to lace a pair of boots abi? Okay o grin grin

Unlike you though I deal with facts and figures. I also don't let emotions cloud my judgement. For a player to win the Golden ball, He should have done something tangible and in Messis case that means Goals and Assists not 1001 dribbles, 20 fouls against and what not.

The four MOTM awards given to him by the same people that gave him the golden ball is of no surprise. Good for him though. There you again dealing in hypothetical situations. Ifs, buts, what not and so forth. Why not just simply deal with the laid bare stats on ground eh? Anyways don't know why you're bringing Robben into this discussion when I have made it known from the start my player of the tournament is JAMES/HAMES RODRIGUEZ!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 2:04am On Jul 14, 2014
ddippset: lol. all this talk about messi not being argentina's best player started with the tackle masch made when robben was about to score in the semi final match. dont believe the hype messi was argentina's best by a very wide margin, rojo or garay a distant second, then mascherano in 3rd place. fact is that i always maintained the golden ball was goina be between muller and messi depending on who won the final. but i guess muller had more than enough help thats why they gave messi.
exactly it all started after that tackle gringrin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 2:07am On Jul 14, 2014
A40:

yea the defense played a big role but Messi played a bigger role! without his goals and assist where will the defenders be? back in Argentina I guess!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by chic2pimp(m): 2:09am On Jul 14, 2014
homesteady:
without his goals and assist where will the defenders be? back in Argentina I guess!

In the knockout stage ba?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 2:12am On Jul 14, 2014
some people are just too funny!
1) he had the most chances in the tournament
2) he completed the most dribbles
3) he scored 4 important goals in 3 matches
4) he created the only goal in their R-16 match
5) he battled with 3 players to make their only goal in the quarter final

tell me why he is not worthy to be the best player?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 2:13am On Jul 14, 2014
chic2pimp:

In the knockout stage ba?
before they got to the knock out stage!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 2:48am On Jul 14, 2014
homesteady:
yea the defense played a big role but Messi played a bigger role! without his goals and assist where will the defenders be? back in Argentina I guess!
Without Argentina's solid defence they wouldn't have even gotten to the Final! They only managed 2 goals in 4 knockout games. When your defence does not concede the job is half done

ddippset: lol. all this talk about messi not being argentina's best player started with the tackle masch made when robben was about to score in the semi final match. dont believe the hype messi was argentina's best by a very wide margin, rojo or garay a distant second, then mascherano in 3rd place. fact is that i always maintained the golden ball was goina be between muller and messi depending on who won the final. but i guess muller had more than enough help thats why they gave messi.
I'm more blown away by how solid Argentina's defence was! If not for Götze's strike they would have gone the entire knockout phase without conceding! That for me is a more remarkable achievement than scoring against immortal superpowers like Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria

You guys made your bed so lie on it! Sabella opted not to take a competent striker like Tevez because he didn't get on well with Messi, the whole attack revolves around Messi yet you complain when the other players don't do well. Müller didn't necessarily have more help he just played for a team that attacking-wise understood the team concept a bit better
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 2:57am On Jul 14, 2014
ddippset: you think bosnia and nigeria are small teams? no way. by the way i tell you it is easier to score a hattrick against an all out attacking spanish team than an iran or a bosnia which keeps 9 men in front of their goalie. ask mourinho. the entire spanish team were out looking for goals. have you forgotten messi's goals versus iran and bosnia? there were at least 9 men between him and the goalies.
Did Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany keep 9 men in front of their goalie too? If we are to go with your theory then why didn't Messi score?

So called best player of all time with 0 goals in World Cup knockout football
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 14, 2014
They are crawling out of their holes one by one grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:32am On Jul 14, 2014
Germany players after the match talking about Leo ( please read them all) :

-Tomas Muller : I desreve this world cup's best player more than Messi ? I played with my team they all helped me the same but Leo Messi He was amazing from day one , when I become as decisive as he is I can talk about being the best for now I'm not anyway close to him , he is the best and will always be it and we are really sorry for him we hope this doesen't affect him and he goes back to amaze us because we really enjoy seeing him play . He is my idol "

-Mats Hummels : " I want to say to The argentinian people to be proud of their young team , they will achieve glory soon ,They have the best player of all times , it is just luck that they need . I consider Messi as an Idol and a refernce in my life and I said it several times befora he is the best player ever and I always dreamt of playing alongside him , he made me look like garbage today and that's him , the great player we know , I feel sorry for him and I'm sorry that we are the responsibles on finishing his dream this way but he is still young and can get it next time "

-Mario Gotze : " I respect Leo Messi , He doesen't need this to be the best , he is already the best , it is us normal players who needs this kind of titles to proove our self but Leo he is just perfect and I'm really sorry for him today "

-Bastian Schweinsteiger : " no matter what people say about leo, football lovers know that he still and will remain the best ever I'm happy that I have the chance to face him and if I wasn't his rival today I would absolutly support him , i wish him luck and may he go to Russia and get this one that still not available in his palmares "

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:36am On Jul 14, 2014
angry

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 5:40am On Jul 14, 2014
bykebyke: Germany players after the match talking about Leo ( please read them all) :

-Tomas Muller : I desreve this world cup's best player more than Messi ? I played with my team they all helped me the same but Leo Messi He was amazing from day one , when I become as decisive as he is I can talk about being the best for now I'm not anyway close to him , he is the best and will always be it and we are really sorry for him we hope this doesen't affect him and he goes back to amaze us because we really enjoy seeing him play . He is my idol "

-Mats Hummels : " I want to say to The argentinian people to be proud of their young team , they will achieve glory soon ,They have the best player of all times , it is just luck that they need . I consider Messi as an Idol and a refernce in my life and I said it several times befora he is the best player ever and I always dreamt of playing alongside him , he made me look like garbage today and that's him , the great player we know , I feel sorry for him and I'm sorry that we are the responsibles on finishing his dream this way but he is still young and can get it next time "

-Mario Gotze : " I respect Leo Messi , He doesen't need this to be the best , he is already the best , it is us normal players who needs this kind of titles to proove our self but Leo he is just perfect and I'm really sorry for him today "

-Bastian Schweinsteiger : " no matter what people say about leo, football lovers know that he still and will remain the best ever I'm happy that I have the chance to face him and if I wasn't his rival today I would absolutly support him , i wish him luck and may he go to Russia and get this one that still not available in his palmares "

Are these comments above suppose to console me and messi... embarassed

At the moment, i am honestly hurt just like Messi is... embarassed

And as for you all haterz out there, why flood our thread because of a man's failure to win the World Cup? tongue

Our fellow haters partners, i hail una! tongue --- Keep the "hate flag" flying or burn it... tongue grin

Why not read player's comments above and let's stop this "hate crime" BS... angry

As for the Striking players for Argentines, i am speechless! lipsrsealed --- Only if Tevez was included in this team and Di maria was fit... embarassed

Honestly, Mascherano was the best player of this tournament just as Messi was! --- Only if 2 players could be awarded... embarassed

Its all football and life must continue and i wish everyone of us including haters partners the best... wink

Say hello to my barca fans, its all well! cheesy

Have a wonderful 2014/2015 Season ahead... cool

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 6:16am On Jul 14, 2014
chic2pimp:

So the best player in any tournament should be decided on how far his team went and not on how well this said individual performed abi? There's nothing to tell here I'm afraid. Irrespective of how far both player's team went, Rodriguez still had the much better tourney.
I asked a simple question; typical Nigerian is responding with another question. Why don't you answer my question; then next I will ask if you REALLY know about football and the World Cup.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 6:29am On Jul 14, 2014
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 6:32am On Jul 14, 2014
bykebyke: Germany players after the match talking about Leo ( please read them all) :

They are nice comments.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 6:47am On Jul 14, 2014
WTF happened to Di Maria and why didn't they just tell us his World Cup was over like Neymar?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 14, 2014
It all Good
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:03am On Jul 14, 2014

beautiful comments from people who know that football doesnt start and end with getting a goal or an assist. there is much more to football. 'he didnt score in the knockout stages' 'he didnt score in the knock out stages' 'he didnt score in the knock out stages'. and they are supposed to be football fans! lol.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 7:15am On Jul 14, 2014
I was expecting Germany to win the WC in 2018; unfortunately for Messi they got past Brazil (Germany since 1954 have been in a World Cup final every single decade). These German boys have been playing together for so long; and of course the core of the team incubated at Bayern Munchen will have an average age of 29 in 2018 (when they would be most similar to the team that won in 1990). They were even missing Marco Reus! The Argentine team is too delicately setup such that an injury to Di Maria could upset the whole balance.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:20am On Jul 14, 2014
We can't always have it all, can we? I wonder how it was possible to get to the World Cup final with such mediocre players. Argentina should be proud of themselves for making this outstanding feat. As disappointing as it may seem that they didn't end up with the trophy, which is the ultimate goal of the World Cup. Yet, it should be noted that the Argentines gave their all till the last. And Messi? He may mever win the World Cup most likely, but that doesn't undermine the fact that he is and will always be arguably the greatest player that has ever graced the football pitch.

Sorry Argentina, sorry Messi. You did lose the war after winning so many battles, yet I would say affirmatively that it was an honourable loss. You lost with your heads up high. So many people did predict a whitewash, but were disappointed.

We can't always have everything we crave for in life. It's a reality we all need to embrace. Alfredo de Stefano didn't win the World Cup, infact he didn't play in one. Yet, he is recognised today as one of the greatest. And for many, he is the greatest. How about someone who played the World Cup, helped his team get to the final, and won the Golden Ball albeit not winning the ultimate price. I don't think that made him less greater than his rivals when it comes to declaring who the greatest of all-time is. Besides, who cares if he is crowned the greatest? It's relative afterall. For many, it's Maradona, for FIFA, it's Pelé, and for some others, Alfredo, and at this juncture, for a vast majority also, it's Messi. So you see? It's highly relative. But they have something in common, they are great players with extra - ordinary talents.

Long-live football.
Forcá Messi.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:29am On Jul 14, 2014
ddippset: sorry to say and pardon me but this is stvpidity being taken to a higher level. are goals supposed to be counted to determine a player's performance? na wa o! make una dey use una heads na!
You wan blame them? Some of them started watching football some three seasons ago. What then do you expect?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 7:55am On Jul 14, 2014
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:12am On Jul 14, 2014
claireshan: It all Good
My dear, it's all good jare. Life goes on...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tobiboss(m): 8:43am On Jul 14, 2014
All these shìt messi haters did not come out before the finals, now because he didn't win the wc they're coming out from everywhere

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (6203) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.