Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4571879 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (6180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
bykebyke: Sabella was supposed to have subbed Higuain for Aguero..then allow Lavezzi to play for 90minutes at least!!
maybe sabella likes palacio's sister.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pickabeau1: 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
Nonso23:
Same here o! Pity he didn't win it. But that doesn't overrule the fact that he remains one of the best players of all time. tongue

yes... this team had not been in the final since 1990
It was an achievement just not enough...

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
Now that Sabella's retirement is certain..who's going to take the Argentines to Russia 2018
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 11:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
bykebyke: Sabella was supposed to have subbed Higuain for Aguero..then allow Lavezzi to play for 90minutes at least!!
Lavezzi was injured....
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
ddippset: maybe sabella likes palacio's sister.
That substitution should be tagged the worst of the tournament angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
philfearon:
Lavezzi was injured....
Didn't notice oo shocked
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 11:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
A40: Loool how on earth did Messi deserve the Golden Ball. This phuckery na highest
yes he deserved it! He was the reason why the dutch could not go past them because Sneider could not play his game as he had to keep an eye on Messi. He followed him everywhere he went and the only two times he failed to, Messi had two most dangerous run which the palacio and co could not utilise. He was the link between the defence and the toothless forwards. Had he a fine midfielder who could hold on to the ball well and has an eye for a final pass, the world would have seen the best of Leo.#he must have missed Xavi!

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 11:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
ddippset: maybe sabella likes palacio's sister.
I think so! that guy is as useless as that his rat-tail-hair
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
This final made me notice that Yes...I miss Tevez!! cry

And please eh..that chance that higuain missed..was it not the same way Suarez scored against England angry!!

And the board were planning to buy him.. angry

Infact...I deh Vex
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 11:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
sebod: yes he deserved it! He was the reason why the dutch could not go past them because Sneider could not play his game as he had to keep an eye on Messi. He followed him everywhere he went and the only two times he failed to, Messi had two most dangerous run which the palacio and co could not utilise. He was the link between the defence and the toothless forwards. Had he a fine midfielder who could hold on to the ball well and has an eye for a final pass, the world would have seen the best of Leo.#he must have missed Xavi!

Don't go there Bro... he was the Xavi/Iniesta of Argentina. Higuain can't even score to save his own life. Then the coach is not tactically sound. Rojo was the weak link in the defense in the closing period, he should have operated a 5 man defense moving Demichelis to support at the left. Rather, his subs like always was for position to position..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dhelake: 11:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mcleo007:

Don't go there Bro... he was the Xavi/Iniesta of Argentina. Higuain can't even score to save his own life. Then the coach is not tactically sound. Rojo was the weak link in the defense in the closing period, he should have operated a 5 man defense moving Demichelis to support at the left. Rather, his subs like always was for position to position..
Same Messi Objected the use of 5defenders after the first match

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
now the anthem is 'messi did not score in the knock out stages' back in 2010 it was 'messi did not score a single goal', 'argentina got knocked out'. i need to say this- let he who can tell me sincerely that argentina would have played in the world cup final tonight after 24 years if messi was not in this team be the first to cast a stone at his golden ball award.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 11:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
Dhelake: Same Messi Objected the use of 5defenders after the first match

You don't compare that game to this. The stakes are different.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
Dhelake: Same Messi Objected the use of 5defenders after the first match
i gotta say; this is the best defence argentina had in ages. rojo, demicheles, garay, zabaleta, masherano, i give them 95%. biglia and perez i give them 90% messi i give him 90%. the 1diots in the team were aguero, higuain, palacio.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 11:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
ddippset: now the anthem is 'messi did not score in the knock out stages' back in 2010 it was 'messi did not score a single goal', 'argentina got knocked out'. i need to say this- let he who can tell me sincerely that argentina would have played in the world cup final tonight after 24 years if messi was not in this team be the first to cast a stone at his golden ball award.

Don't mind them.. same idiots will tell you he's trash without Xavi and Iniesta. Where were the duo when he guided an average team to the final?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 13, 2014
ddippset: now the anthem is 'messi did not score in the knock out stages' back in 2010 it was 'messi did not score a single goal', 'argentina got knocked out'. i need to say this- let he who can tell me sincerely that argentina would have played in the world cup final tonight after 24 years if messi was not in this team be the first to cast a stone at his golden ball award.

You don't even need to bother yourself about this people.
The hate for Messi is becoming sickening.
Some of them don't even know why they hate the guy.

Please, I don't want Messi to become another Johan Cruyff.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dhelake: 12:01am On Jul 14, 2014
ddippset: i gotta say; this is the best defence argentina had in ages. rojo, demicheles, garay, zabaleta, masherano, i give them 95%. biglia and perez i give them 90% messi i give him 90%. the 1diots in the team were aguero, higuain, palacio.
Not Surprised At Higuain at all, Been that wasteful all his career, Argentina could have won this game if only the attack was as effective as the defence
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by chic2pimp(m): 12:07am On Jul 14, 2014
Mcleo007:

9 dribbling occasions in one match. Highest ever!

what won't I hear on NL?

So 9 dribbling occasions in one match means he deserves the golden ball abi? .

How about one assist and no goals in the knock out phase? Even the much maligned Luiz actually scored a goal in the knock out phase of the world cup.

Those are glaring FACTS you simply can't twist or turn to suit you. And neither can you deny it too
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 12:10am On Jul 14, 2014
Mcleo007:

Don't get me wrong bro! Messi had to play the role of Xavi/Iniesta, much reason he could not venture forward as expected and had to give the final passes to the idiots. If argentina could have a player to do the stuff from the middle of the park and Messi being the recipient of the final passes rather than the supplier, it would have been a different ball game entirely. So we are on same page.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 14, 2014
Please how can I apply to be Argentina's 2018 world cup coach grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 14, 2014
Coruption shocked

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 14, 2014
http://instagram.com/p/qaKWknQ2nP/...they didn't win but they celebrated this way..what if they had won cry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 12:39am On Jul 14, 2014
chic2pimp:

what won't I hear on NL?

So 9 dribbling occasions in one match means he deserves the golden ball abi? .

How about one assist and no goals in the knock out phase? Even the much maligned Luiz actually scored a goal in the knock out phase of the world cup.

Those are glaring FACTS you simply can't twist or turn to suit you. And neither can you deny it too
sorry to say and pardon me but this is stvpidity being taken to a higher level. are goals supposed to be counted to determine a player's performance? na wa o! make una dey use una heads na!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 12:44am On Jul 14, 2014
ddippset: sorry to say and pardon me but this is stvpidity being taken to a higher level. are goals supposed to be counted to determine a player's performance? na wa o! make una dey use una heads na!
Watch him come back to tell us Arjen Robben should've won it; failing to remember that Robben just like Messi only scored in the group stage!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 12:50am On Jul 14, 2014
logica: Watch him come back to tell us Arjen Robben should've won it; failing to remember that Robben just like Messi only scored in the group stage!

its true sef, Robben also scored only in the group stage, and all this people have just been pounding on the fact that messi only scored in group stage
mtcheew!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by chic2pimp(m): 12:52am On Jul 14, 2014
ddippset: sorry to say and pardon me but this is stvpidity being taken to a higher level. are goals supposed to be counted to determine a player's performance? na wa o! make una dey use una heads na!

Beg to differ. I think you've taken stupidity to the highest possible level. That level is so high it can never be beaten.

If goals and assists are not to be considered when judging a player's overall performance then what is to be considered? Selling guguru, epa and palmy in the field of the play?

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by chic2pimp(m): 12:53am On Jul 14, 2014
logica: Watch him come back to tell us Arjen Robben should've won it; failing to remember that Robben just like Messi only scored in the group stage!

James Rodriguez!....Player of the tournament!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 12:54am On Jul 14, 2014
chic2pimp:

James Rodriguez!....Player of the tournament!
I believe you know a bit about football don't you? Now tell me, what year did a player that did not reach the last 4 (Semi Final) win the Golden Ball at the World Cup? I am waiting...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 12:58am On Jul 14, 2014
chic2pimp:

Beg to differ. I think you've taken stupidity to the highest possible level. That level is so high it can never be beaten.

If goals and assists are not to be considered when judging a player's overall performance then what is to be considered? Selling guguru, epa and palmy in the field of the play?
and that is why for ages there has been a difference between the golden ball and the golden boot. if goals and assists solely determined the most valuable player then the golden boot and the golden ball would be merged into one award. and that is why a cannavaro or a zidane or a kahn would win the award, surely this category of players never get the highest goals and assists now, do they?. see simple example for ya front you nor fit see!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by chic2pimp(m): 1:19am On Jul 14, 2014
logica: I believe you know a bit about football don't you? Now tell me, what year did a player that did not reach the last 4 (Semi Final) win the Golden Ball at the World Cup? I am waiting...

So the best player in any tournament should be decided on how far his team went and not on how well this said individual performed abi? There's nothing to tell here I'm afraid. Irrespective of how far both player's team went, Rodriguez still had the much better tourney.

ddippset: and that is why for ages there has been a difference between the golden ball and the golden boot. if goals and assists solely determined the most valuable player then the golden boot and the golden ball would be merged into one award. and that is why a cannavaro or a zidane or a kahn would win the award, surely this category of players never get the highest goals and assists now, do they?. see simple example for ya front you nor fit see!

Since when where defenders and keepers judged on how many goals they scored or created? Silly me here i was thinking they were judged by the no of goals they conceded

Btw the Zidane you called scored in two separate cup finals. Also not once do i remember firing blanks at the business end of the competition. Lastly, Canna's tourney in 06 was infinitely better than Messis (06,10 and 14 combined)

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 1:24am On Jul 14, 2014
sebod: yes he deserved it! He was the reason why the dutch could not go past them because Sneider could not play his game as he had to keep an eye on Messi. He followed him everywhere he went and the only two times he failed to, Messi had two most dangerous run which the palacio and co could not utilise. He was the link between the defence and the toothless forwards. Had he a fine midfielder who could hold on to the ball well and has an eye for a final pass, the world would have seen the best of Leo.#he must have missed Xavi!
Sneijder keep an eye on Messi? Sneijder has no defensive bone in his body but let's even assume you are right how about the guys on the other end that worked extra hard to keep Robben quiet?

Messi had an average game and at the World Cup was bettered by at least 5 players!

Mcleo007:

How on earth does he not deserve it? With the mediocres around him, yet they got to the the final. Haba! Clean that bias off your eyes abeg
Rubbish! Aguero, Lavezzi, Higuain are mediocre? When the coach has chosen to build the team around Messi instead of opting for a more balanced ethos other players are bound to look bad
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:33am On Jul 14, 2014
chic2pimp:

So the best player in any tournament should be decided on how far his team went and not on how well this said individual performed abi? There's nothing to tell here I'm afraid. Irrespective of how far both player's team went, Rodriguez still had the much better tourney.

Since when where defenders and keepers judged on how many goals they scored or created? Silly me here i was thinking they were judged by the no of goals they conceded

Btw the Zidane you called scored in two separate cup finals. In the 2006 tournament when he was given the golden ball, it certainly did not fire blanks at the knock out stage. Canna's tourney in 06 was infinitely better than Messis (06,10 and 14 combined)
wtf are you talking about? were you not the one listing goals and assists as if to say that automatically the player who gets the highest goals and assists becomes the best player? what do you mean by fire blanks at the knock out stage? whether fire blanks or not you played in the final. fire blanks or not he was man of the match 4 times. in his last 3 games he created chances for higuain and palacios only for them to throw away. if they had scored would he not be on 4 or more assists? goal or no goal messi was the reason we had germany versus argentina at the maracana. otherwise it could have been germany versus belgium or germany versus holland. robben too did not score in the knock outs, he ran away from taking a penalty which could have qualified netherlands, he scored only 3 goals, he had a lot of dribbles and dives- so how should he beat messi to the golden ball? muller scored 5 goals but he wasnt an impact player, germany would have won the world cup even without him -thats why you people keep calling kroos, schwein, lahm and co to win the award too. guy abeg chill make we go sleep. messi must be hugging his golden ball as we speak, no vex.

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (6180) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.