Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4605308 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (6194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:57am On Jul 14, 2014
dmcdad: We can't always have it all, can we? I wonder how it was possible to get to the World Cup final with such mediocre players. Argentina should be proud of themselves for making this outstanding feat. As disappointing as it may seem that they didn't end up with the trophy, which is the ultimate goal of the World Cup. Yet, it should be noted that the Argentines gave their all till the last. And Messi? He may mever win the World Cup most likely, but that doesn't undermine the fact that he is and will always be arguably the greatest player that has ever graced the football pitch.

Sorry Argentina, sorry Messi. You did lose the war after winning so many battles, yet I would say affirmatively that it was an honourable loss. You lost with your heads up high. So many people did predict a whitewash, but were disappointed.

We can't always have everything we crave for in life. It's a reality we all need to embrace. Alfredo de Stefano didn't win the World Cup, infact he didn't play in one. Yet, he is recognised today as one of the greatest. And for many, he is the greatest. How about someone who played the World Cup, helped his team get to the final, and won the Golden Ball albeit not winning the ultimate price. I don't think that made him less greater than his rivals when it comes to declaring who the greatest of all-time is. Besides, who cares if he is crowned the greatest? It's relative afterall. For many, it's Maradona, for FIFA, it's Pelé, and for some others, Alfredo, and at this juncture, for a vast majority also, it's Messi. So you see? It's highly relative. But they have something in common, they are great players with extra - ordinary talents.

Long-live football.
Forcá Messi.
couldn't have spoken better. WORLD CUP- 6 matches in 4 years. Club football- 240 matches in 4 years. It's madness to suggest that a footballer's greatness is solely based on a world cup. Even if it were, with a world cup silver medal, a world cup golden ball, to go with the biggest success ever in the history of club football, messi is up there with pele and diego. The argies should be proud- a silver medal after 24 years.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 14, 2014
dmcdad:
My dear, it's all good jare. Life goes on...
Watsup
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:03am On Jul 14, 2014
I thought the Golden Ball voting is based on the number of MOTMs won.
So what is everybody crying about? angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 9:08am On Jul 14, 2014
AjanleKoko: I thought the Golden Ball voting is based on the number of MOTMs won.
Guy, some people are poor in Math. I guess they think it is by chance that the winners are always from the last 4 teams.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:48am On Jul 14, 2014
claireshan: Watsup
I'm good my dear... How about you? I hope you doing great and had a lovely night rest despite the odds.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:50am On Jul 14, 2014
ddippset: couldn't have spoken better. WORLD CUP- 6 matches in 4 years. Club football- 240 matches in 4 years. It's madness to suggest that a footballer's greatness is solely based on a world cup. Even if it were, with a world cup silver medal, a world cup golden ball, to go with the biggest success ever in the history of club football, messi is up there with pele and diego. The argies should be proud- a silver medal after 24 years.
God bless you bruv... The problem is; tge haterz will never appreciate this fact. And most of them are Penaldo fan kids. Where was their idol during the just concluded World Cup?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:52am On Jul 14, 2014
AjanleKoko: I thought the Golden Ball voting is based on the number of MOTMs won.
Let them cry foul... What else did you expect? You expect Messi haterz/Penaldo fanboiz to come and start giving him a round-of-applause? They have done worse, haven't they?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 10:03am On Jul 14, 2014
dmcdad:
Where was their idol during the just concluded World Cup?
I think he should just stick to what he does best: modeling.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 10:12am On Jul 14, 2014
Even maradona has said that he didn't deserve it.It wouldn't even have been debateable if he truly deserve it.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 14, 2014
Golden glove: Manuel Neuer(GER)

Golden ball: Lionel Messi(ARG)

Golden Boot: James Rodriguez(COL)

Golden snail: Mikel Obi(NGR)

Golden clipper: Cristiano Ronaldo(POR)

Golden Swimsuit: Arjen Robben(NDL)

Golden teeth: Luis Suarez(URY)
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 10:24am On Jul 14, 2014
Krasid: Even maradona has said that he didn't deserve it.It wouldn't even have been debateable if he truly deserve it.
Maradona should shut up. He was lucky he had Valdano and Burruchaga. Not to talk of the heroics of Jose Brown. Or has he convinced himself he did it alone in 1986?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 14, 2014
Krasid: Even maradona has said that he didn't deserve it.It wouldn't even have been debateable if he truly deserve it.

Now that it's debatable and he does not truly deserve it, they should collect the award from him.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:30am On Jul 14, 2014
logica:
I think he should just stick to what he does best: modeling.

shocked
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:33am On Jul 14, 2014
logica: Maradona should shut up. He was lucky he had Valdano and Burruchaga. Not to talk of the heroics of Jose Brown. Or has he convinced himself he did it alone in 1986?
Maradona is a clown. Simple!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:34am On Jul 14, 2014
Austeenx: Golden glove: Manuel Neuer(GER)

Golden ball: Lionel Messi(ARG)

Golden Boot: James Rodriguez(COL)

Golden snail: Mikel Obi(NGR)

Golden clipper: Cristiano Ronaldo(POR)

Golden Swimsuit: Arjen Robben(NDL)

Golden teeth: Luis Suarez(URY)
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 10:35am On Jul 14, 2014
dmcdad:
Maradona is a clown. Simple!
The worst part is, if it wasn't for this clown Messi may even already have won the World Cup in 2010.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:39am On Jul 14, 2014
logica: The worst part is, if it wasn't for this clown Messi may even already have won the World Cup in 2010.
Chai! Maradona ruined everything in 2010. He got everything wrong. The fact that this is the first match Messi lost since being made the captain aside the loss against Uruguay which he did not take part in means alot. They have been better since Maradona the joker left.

That guy and him colleague Pelé need some rest abeg.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:54am On Jul 14, 2014
maradona must have said about a million things in his life time which you guys disagreed with and called him a junkie for. But now you suddenly believe in maradona's words and agree with him right? Is that right?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2014
ddippset: maradona must have said about a million things in his life time which you guys disagreed with and called him a junkie for. But now you suddenly believe in maradona's words and agree with him right? Is that right?
What makes this situation different is the fact that maradona has always defended messi both in good and bad times.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 12:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
ddippset: maradona must have said about a million things in his life time which you guys disagreed with and called him a junkie for. But now you suddenly believe in maradona's words and agree with him right? Is that right?
This case is different because maradona has always defended messi in the past.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2014
Krasid: What makes this situation different is the fact that maradona has always defended messi both in good and bad times.
muller and muller alone might have deserved it ahead of messi. I don't want to hear all that robben and james talk.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 12:47pm On Jul 14, 2014
Abeg. World Cup is over, Uber Alles won the cup deservedly. End of.

Let's talk about FCB and what the coming season may bring. The Midget, the Diver, and the Biter grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2014
dmcdad:
I'm good my dear... How about you? I hope you doing great and had a lovely night rest despite the odds.
not really but I tried my best to have
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2014
dmcdad:
God bless you bruv... The problem is; tge haterz will never appreciate this fact. And most of them are Penaldo fan kids. Where was their idol during the just concluded World Cup?
grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Tallesty1(m): 1:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
claireshan: not really but I tried my best to have
Sorry ooo
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 1:19pm On Jul 14, 2014
But seriously now. It seems like Messi is kinda done. He just takes strolls all the time now. embarassed
I mean, the genius is there, but the explosion is not. Not by a long shot.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
Tallesty1: Sorry ooo
How do I send it?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Tallesty1(m): 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2014
claireshan: How do I send it?
See question oo, E-mail me nah.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 14, 2014
Tallesty1:
See question oo, E-mail me nah.
Not working
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
claireshan: not really but I tried my best to have
Ehya... Sowie about that. We are in it together. Now is just to look ahead and hope the new season is as bright as one would expect.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
Messi: Argentina strikers missed chances

The 27-year-old was frustrated by his side's inability to finish chances, while also pointing to the fact it had a day less to recover for the final.

Lionel Messi blamed Argentina's 1-0 World Cup final defeat to Germany on the team's forwards for being wasteful in front of goal.

The 27-year-old was a peripheral figure on the night and fired wide a golden opportunity to give his side the lead in the second half after Gonzalo Higuain had done the same in the opening period, while Rodrigo Palacio also scuppered a great chance.

Argentina was then punished for its failure to convert those chances when Mario Gotze scored a brilliant winner in extra time to take the World Cup back to Germany.

And Messi believes his side deserved better, insisting they should have taken their chances.

"We haven't been in the semifinals for many years and the fact that we played the final and the way we played it it's something to be proud of," Messi said after the game. "But we deserved more and that's why we are sad. The strikers missed the chances we had. It's a bad feeling for all of us because we couldn't win the cup and take it to our people."

Argentina made it to the final after beating the Netherlands on penalties in their semifinal on Wednesday, a day after Germany thrashed Brazil 7-1 in their last-four clash.

And Messi felt the ease at which Joachim Low's side cruised to victory last week, along with the additional 24 hours of rest ahead of the final, was key as the final went into extra time.

"I was OK physically as were the rest of us," he added. "The fact that we played a day after them and that we played extra time against a team that was able to rest in the last minutes of their semifinals affected our finish of the game. A difference of one day is big at this stage."

Messi could take one small crumb of comfort from his evening after being awarded the Golden Ball as the best player of the tournament, though he said the prize "meant very little" on a disappointing night.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/67/world-cup-2014/2014/07/13/4957722/messi-argentina-strikers-missed-chances?ICID=HP_TS_4

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Tallesty1(m): 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2014
claireshan: Not working
Diaris God ooo.

Ok, I dash you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (6194) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.