Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4612545 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (6200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
honeric01: I dont think we need any more player.
Pique.. Bartra..Jeremy..?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 10:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
bykebyke:

How many were you expecting before?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
coded01:

List those players ... wink
List them...? Seriously? That would be redundant I think. You and I know quite alright that there are lots of defenders out there (natural defenders and not converts, lol) who we can get, but then I ain't the sporting director and of course I wouldn't be as stupid as Zubi as he never sees such defenders, and it's to Barca alone that defenders have become very scarce.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
bykebyke:
My problem is Piqué. I think it's okay since no matter the calibre of defenders we get, Piqué will always be a starter. So, imho it's okay with just the addition of Mathieu. We can integrate the boys from La Masia little by little.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
honeric01:

How many were you expecting before?
At least 1more cbgrin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 12:43am On Jul 23, 2014
dmcdad:
List them...? Seriously? That would be redundant I think. You and I know quite alright that there are lots of defenders out there (natural defenders and not converts, lol) who we can get, but then I ain't the sporting director and of course I wouldn't be as stupid as Zubi as he never sees such defenders, and it's to Barca alone that defenders have become very scarce.

Like i said, list them... wink

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:02am On Jul 23, 2014
coded01:

Like i said, list them... wink
And like I stated, you and I know them...cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 1:07am On Jul 23, 2014
dmcdad:
And like I stated, you and I know them...cheesy

Since you can't name them, there is no case my broda... grin tongue grin

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:22am On Jul 23, 2014
coded01:

Since you can't name them, there is no case my broda... grin tongue grin
I thought you were the one that said there was a case... Cause I never said there was any case.

Seems like you shooting yourself on the foot. wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 1:27am On Jul 23, 2014
dmcdad:
I thought you were the one that said there was a case... Cause I never said there was any case.

Seems like you shooting yourself on the foot. wink

No one is shooting anything... grin

I said give me some names and i will see what to say about them not necessarily accusing you of anything... cool

Just a friendly chat broda, we are not other fans you know... grin

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:44am On Jul 23, 2014
coded01:

No one is shooting anything... grin

I said give me some names and i will see what to say about them not necessarily accusing you of anything... cool

Just a friendly chat broda, we are not other fans you know... grin
Haba! I wasn't insinuating it to be an unfriendly chat... Just trying to get around you. Sorry if you felt offended.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 3:20am On Jul 23, 2014
bykebyke:
At least 1more cbgrin

oliver twist
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 3:28am On Jul 23, 2014
dmcdad:
Haba! I wasn't insinuating it to be an unfriendly chat... Just trying to get around you. Sorry if you felt offended.

No problem my guy, i said give me names and let's break them down... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 23, 2014
`I really don't know why we're after Cuadardo. If we want a RB, why don't we go for a NATURAL RB?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:35am On Jul 23, 2014
ddippset: your score! 4/4. very correct.
tnx..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:38am On Jul 23, 2014
dmcdad:
Your opinion is spot on. It would have been a disaster if we had brought in Hummels. You know why? The answer is Piqué! Although Hummels is a better version of Piqué, that doesn't hide the fact that they are both slow players.

Don't get me wrong people! Hummels is a decent defender with a wealth of experience and good positional play. And one would wanna argue that for one who was great for Germany throughout the World Cup, it would have been a great signing. But honestly, the reverse would have been the case here as Germany play a different kinda football compared to Barca. In a team like Madrid, he would thrive greatly because they play counter-attacking football and as such doesn't keep the backline exposed as opposed to us. We maintain a highline at the back to combine well with the midfield and join in the play. The downside of this is that it exposes us to counter-attacks. And so, we need rather fast players. If we have not got Piqué, then Hummels wouldn't have been a bad idea with his good positional play and experience. But we can't have two snails as CBs or it would be suicidal.

Ever wonder why Piqué and Bartra played very limited matches together last season? It was mostly either Piqué - Mascherano or Mascherano-Bartra.
Yea..I just realised that..
If we can add that Bilbao guy to our ranks,I will be happy....
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:45am On Jul 23, 2014
honeric01:

When in the office and idle, i play FIFA 14, do you know that i ditched Hummels for Subotic? my Defenders are "Abate/Montoya, Pique/Bartra, Subotic and Alba/Alaba
lol...I have watched two of them play countless times together,and Subotic was always better..
Hope Germany is not taking over from England in the "Hyping Department"......
Luke Shaw for £35m!! What tha phuck!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 8:57am On Jul 23, 2014
philfearon:
lol...I have watched two of them play countless times together,and Subotic was always better..
Hope Germany is not taking over from England in the "Hyping Department"......
Luke Shaw for £35m!! What tha phuck!!!

In England, hype sells their game.. so dont be surprised, as for Hummels, he's not bad but just slow.. Messi almost finished his waist.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:14am On Jul 23, 2014
Austeenx: `I really don't know why we're after Cuadardo. If we want a RB, why don't we go for a NATURAL RB?
E tire me sef ooooo. Like someone rightly said (guess his coach or some other coach), if we find Alves too offensive with little defensive showings, then we will find double with Cuadrado.

What's wrong with getting the right players for the right positions rather than converting players every now and then. That position is too sensitive to toil with cause pacy wingers will exploit such weaknesses.

Is it that difficult to get people who play in their original position to come to Barca? Cuadrado na winger, we wan use am as RB. Blind ba LB/DM, we wan use am as CB. Even Mathieu was recently converted to CB, of which his original position was LB and infact he still plays the LB role every now and then.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 23, 2014
dmcdad:
E tire me sef ooooo. Like someone rightly said (guess his coach or some other coach), if we find Alves too offensive with little defensive showings, then we will find double with Cuadrado.

What's wrong with getting the right players for the right positions rather than converting players every now and then. That position is too sensitive to toil with cause pacy wingers will exploit such weaknesses.

Is it that difficult to get people who play in their original position to come to Barca? Cuadrado na winger, we wan use am as RB. Blind ba LB/DM, we wan use am as CB. Even Mathieu was recently converted to CB, of which his original position was LB and infact he still plays the LB role every now and then.

`We plenty wey dey vex be that...

Honestly, I think we need a defensive side back[sb] like Abidal 'cause when we attack, Alba and Alvez are high up the pitch trying to help in the attack leaving Alago 'wasteman' Pique & Mascherano/Bartra trying to deal with pacy wingers? They've got no chance!

Adding Cuadardo to that defense won't help the already shabby backline.

PS: I don't want to see Mascherano play CB next season.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:52am On Jul 23, 2014
Austeenx:

`We plenty wey dey vex be that...

Honestly, I think we need a defensive side back[sb] like Abidal 'cause when we attack, Alba and Alvez are high up the pitch trying to help in the attack leaving Alago 'wasteman' Pique & Mascherano/Bartra trying to deal with pacy wingers? They've got no chance!

Adding Cuadardo to that defense won't help the already shabby backline.

PS: I don't want to see Mascherano play CB next season.
Exactly! More like from frying pan to fire. sad
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:17am On Jul 23, 2014
Good to hear that Xavi is staying one more year. We don't have enough depth in the middle, and the B Team guys aren't coming through as well as we had expected. We're embarassingly rich in attack, strengthening in defence, but the midfield is a bit suspect.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 10:39am On Jul 23, 2014
AjanleKoko: Good to hear that Xavi is staying one more year. We don't have enough depth in the middle, and the B Team guys aren't coming through as well as we had expected. We're embarassingly rich in attack, strengthening in defence, but the midfield is a bit suspect.

Majority of our attackers can easily slot into the midfield, i don't see any cause for alarm.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RAKITIC: 11:17am On Jul 23, 2014
OFFICIAL: Barcelona have completed the signing of jeremy mathieu from valencia for €20m
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RAKITIC: 11:18am On Jul 23, 2014
FINALLY a centerback !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RAKITIC: 11:20am On Jul 23, 2014
i tink dis guy is expensive when u consider his age
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:29am On Jul 23, 2014
RAKITIC: i tink dis guy is expensive when u consider his age
lets forget about the money, its not our money, lol. thank God we have a centre back. mathieus is big, strong, and he's good. now do we need a right back? how old is dani alvez again?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:33am On Jul 23, 2014
ddippset: lets forget about the money, its not our money, lol. thank God we have a centre back. mathieus is big, strong, and he's good. now do we need a right back? how old is dani alvez again?
Lol @ it's not our money. Dani I guess should be 31.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:36am On Jul 23, 2014
honeric01:

Majority of our attackers can easily slot into the midfield, i don't see any cause for alarm.
It seems Xavi will be leaving by January cause that's when the new season will be starting in the MLS. Villa too should be hanging around. I read that he would play at Australia between now and then before going over for the pre-season and ultimately the start of the new season.

Make we dey see sha.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2014
AjanleKoko: Good to hear that Xavi is staying one more year. We don't have enough depth in the middle, and the B Team guys aren't coming through as well as we had expected. We're embarassingly rich in attack, strengthening in defence, but the midfield is a bit suspect.
Left to me,Xavi should be long gone..What's the use in still keeping him again? To start benching Rakitic and start playing politics with their LA Masia stuff again?
We already got enough mid fielders who are young and vibrant to deal with...Having Xavi is really gonna stunt many Players progress in our ranks......Game time!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 11:47am On Jul 23, 2014
dmcdad:
It seems Xavi will be leaving by January cause that's when the new season will be starting in the MLS. Villa too should be hanging around. I read that he would play at Australia between now and then before going over for the pre-season and ultimately the start of the new season.

Make we dey see sha.

His experience should be thoroughly grilled out from him to the young midfielders during his short stay remaining.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:58am On Jul 23, 2014
honeric01:

His experience should be thoroughly grilled out from him to the young midfielders during his short stay remaining.
Yes oooooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (6200) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Kilishihunter, Shegzdave, Debroslink, Puntingnoob and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.