Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4613951 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (6200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 23, 2014
philfearon:
Left to me,Xavi should be long gone..What's the use in still keeping him again? To start benching Rakitic and start playing politics with their LA Masia stuff again?
We already got enough mid fielders who are young and vibrant to deal with... Having Xavi is really gonna stunt many Players progress in our ranks......Game time!!

`Yeah, players like Rafinha.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
iam overjoyed with this mathiues deal. the only snag is that we spent 20 mil but he can only put in 2 years, we should have paid like 8 mil but trust me the guy is good. he will serve us very well for 2 years. by 2016 bartra can step in.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Tval(m): 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2014

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
^^^^ Baba just dey flex sha... No time! I hope you come back better.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
Austeenx:

`Yeah, players like Rafinha.
Yap..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 4:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
Tval: ...

This Messi junior go short for height o. He looks brief and stout!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
Mathieu: "The club knows my game and I'm here to help the team. I'm ready to be the centre back Barcelona is looking for."

grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 8:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
philfearon:
Left to me,Xavi should be long gone..What's the use in still keeping him again? To start benching Rakitic and start playing politics with their LA Masia stuff again?
We already got enough mid fielders who are young and vibrant to deal with...Having Xavi is really gonna stunt many Players progress in our ranks......Game time!!
I beg to disagree bro! Having Xavi around is still pretty okay for us. It all depends on the coach's ability to talk to him to accept some roles on the bench while coming up when need be. There are games where we will need to keep possession and thicken the midfield when leading, something baba can still do well. The only thing missing is that defence-splitting-millimetric passes. And more so,the younger ones can still benefit from him greatly. Having him around is very okay by me. A living legend!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
I can't believe barca bought a dead wood defender who turns 31 in a few months for €20 million

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
ddippset: iam overjoyed with this mathiues deal. the only snag is that we spent 20 mil but he can only put in 2 years, we should have paid like 8 mil but trust me the guy is good. he will serve us very well for 2 years. by 2016 bartra can step in.

You don't know this for sure
You don't know if he'll adapt to our high line
You don't know if he's pacy enough
You don't know if he'll work well with pique
He's ageing man. That's always a negative. Always.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 9:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
sebod:
I beg to disagree bro! Having Xavi around is still pretty okay for us. It all depends on the coach's ability to talk to him to accept some roles on the bench while coming up when need be. There are games where we will need to keep possession and thicken the midfield when leading, something baba can still do well. The only thing missing is that defence-splitting-millimetric passes. And more so,the younger ones can still benefit from him greatly. Having him around is very okay by me. A living legend!
I know......
But Messi,Iniesta and Busquets are around for that.....plus S.Roberto!!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 9:28pm On Jul 23, 2014
ebdib:

You don't know this for sure
You don't know if he'll adapt to our high line
You don't know if he's pacy enough
You don't know if he'll work well with pique
He's ageing man. That's always a negative. Always.
thats why every signing is a gamble. all the doubts you raised above you never know for sure until your new man plays with the team. besides i assure you that jeremy mathieus is very pacy. about his age i agree with you and that was why i said that you dont pay 20 mil for a player who cant give you at least 4 years but at 30+, jeremy will give us 2 years. the mistake has been made, let us manage 2 years.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
ddippset: thats why every signing is a gamble. all the doubts you raised above you never know for sure until your new man plays with the team. besides i assure you that jeremy mathieus is very pacy. about his age i agree with you and that was why i said that you dont pay 20 mil for a player who cant give you at least 4 years but at 30+, jeremy will give us 2 years. the mistake has been made, let us manage 2 years.
I'm with you bruv... The deed has been done, and so I see no need crying over it. The guy is very good, albeit 20m is on the high side considering his age. At 1.92m ( 6' 4" ) he has the necessary height to win more aerial duels for us both defensively and offensively. He is pacy, which is good for us since we keep a highline at the back. He has good positional play. Something that would come in handy as time goes on. He's passionate about playing for the club, and he is good with the ball at his feet. What more can we ask for? Most of the aforementioned cannot be said of Piqué even.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
ddippset: thats why every signing is a gamble. all the doubts you raised above you never know for sure until your new man plays with the team. besides i assure you that jeremy mathieus is very pacy. about his age i agree with you and that was why i said that you dont pay 20 mil for a player who cant give you at least 4 years but at 30+, jeremy will give us 2 years. the mistake has been made, let us manage 2 years.

That's true sha
Hope he can give us two solid years
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
ebdib:

That's true sha
Hope he can give us two solid years
We will Get four Solid years!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
philfearon:
We will Get four Solid years!!

Your signature says you're an idealist.

There's the answer grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 5:21am On Jul 24, 2014
ebdib:

Your signature says you're an idealist.

There's the answer grin
Argumentum ad Hominem!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 7:49am On Jul 24, 2014
philfearon:
Argumentum ad Hominem!

Are you a Philosopher?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dhelake: 8:35am On Jul 24, 2014
Pique(2013): We can't go out and spend €100m because of one trophy less season like Real Madrid

Suarez(27) and Mathieu(30) = €100m
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:38am On Jul 24, 2014
Mcleo007:

Are you a Philosopher?
I am...But,so is everybody else!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 9:05am On Jul 24, 2014
Barca's Summer deals so far:
Transfer Budget: €150m

Bought
Suarez = €84m
Mathieu= €20m
Rakitic = €15m
Ter Stegen = €13m
Bravo = €10m
Total = €142m...

Sales and loan outs
Sanchez = €45m
Fabregas = €35m
Jonathan Does Santos = €2m
Bojan Krkic = €7.5 or there about(£3.5m to be specific)
Tello(Loan for 2yrs valued at €1.8m per each Year spell...) = €3.6m
Total = €93m
Total Budget - Total Buy. = Balance
€150 - €142m. = €8m

Balance. + Total Sales = Total net Balance
€8m. + €93m. = €101m...
If You ask me,i will say we have ate our Cake and still had it.....All thanks to our beloved hated Andoni Zubizarreta and co!!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 9:46am On Jul 24, 2014
philfearon: Barca's Summer deals so far:
Transfer Budget: €150m

Bought
Suarez = €84m
Mathieu= €20m
Rakitic = €15m
Ter Stegen = €13m
Bravo = €10m
Total = €142m...

Sales and loan outs
Sanchez = €45m
Fabregas = €35m
Jonathan Does Santos = €2m
Bojan Krkic = €7.5 or there about(£3.5m to be specific)
Tello(Loan for 2yrs valued at €1.8m per each Year spell...) = €3.6m
Total = €93m
Total Budget - Total Buy. = Balance
€150 - €142m. = €8m

Balance. + Total Sales = Total net Balance
€8m. + €93m. = €101m...
If You ask me,i will say we have ate our Cake and still had it.....All thanks to our beloved hated Andoni Zubizarreta and co!!
surely more money will still come in via alex song. maybe another 20 mil.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 11:06am On Jul 24, 2014
Good news .........#everybody claps grin

Suarez ban to be reduced by CAS
www.m.goal.com/x/en/news/4980341
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:26am On Jul 24, 2014
homesteady: Good news .........#everybody claps grin

Suarez ban to be reduced by CAS
www.m.goal.com/x/en/news/4980341
To be reduced? There is no guarantee yet. They just accepted to take the case up and to give a feedback by the 9th of August. It could be reduced but not to be reduced like its guaranteed.

Goal always using misleading headlines.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RAKITIC: 12:05pm On Jul 24, 2014
Suarez ban likely to be reduced by court of arbitration for sport
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RAKITIC: 12:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
Barcelona vs elche first la liga match of the season
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 2:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
dmcdad:
To be reduced? There is no guarantee yet. They just accepted to take the case up and to give a feedback by the 9th of August. It could be reduced but not to be reduced like its guaranteed.

Goal always using misleading headlines
@bolded, That's what makes it newsworthy bro...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 2:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
Luis Suárez could play in first 'Clásico'

Controversy is in store following the publication of the fixture list for the coming 'La Liga' season, with the first 'Clásico' scheduled for the weekend when Luis Suárez's ban expires, 25th-26th October. If the game takes place on the Saturday, the Uruguayan won't be able to play, but if it's held on the Sunday, he could make his Barça debut in the biggest of matches.

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/24/en/football/barcelona/1406204462.html
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
philfearon:
@bolded, That's what makes it newsworthy bro...
Yeah of course... Making people to click their links.

October 25/26 is the first Classico match. And as it stands, Suárez's ban will last till the 25th and will be free from the 26th.

I pray the ban is either reduced or revoked entirely. At least for the club and other activities. The country ban can stand for as long as was given initially.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 3:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
dmcdad:
Yeah of course... Making people to click their links.

October 25/26 is the first Classico match. And as it stands, Suárez's ban will last till the 25th and will be free from the 26th.

I pray the ban is either reduced or revoked entirely. At least for the club and other activities. The country ban can stand for as long as was given initially.
I know Suarez's Ban via any "football related activity" will never stand in Court..
Reasons:
1)It restricted his right to Freedom of movement...The courts never tolerate this breach..
2)it is Discriminatory...Yes,you cant ban someone from playing ball and still ban him from watching it live or otherwise...
3)It was all staged....... don't quote me though. .
Add yours if you believe!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Tval(m): 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (6200) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Elderss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.