Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4605314 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (6194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Tval(m): 4:07pm On Jul 24, 2014

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
philfearon:
I know Suarez's Ban via any "football related activity" will never stand in Court..
Reasons:
1)It restricted his right to Freedom of movement...The courts never tolerate this breach..
2)it is Discriminatory...Yes,you cant ban someone from playing ball and still ban him from watching it live or otherwise...
3)It was all staged....... don't quote me though. .
Add yours if you believe!!
Agreed! Especially your point 2. I just hope it is reduced and/or lifted. The country ban will certainly stand as that would be kinda irrevocable. But to say he shouldn't play club football, train, watch, or even talk about football as we are doing now (lol) for four months is really devilish and like you said, staged!

Imagine Suárez in El-classico. Mehn na die e go be.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Tval(m): 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Tval(m): 4:30pm On Jul 24, 2014

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mukina2: 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
coded01: Luis Suárez could play in first 'Clásico'

Controversy is in store following the publication of the fixture list for the coming 'La Liga' season, with the first 'Clásico' scheduled for the weekend when Luis Suárez's ban expires, 25th-26th October. If the game takes place on the Saturday, the Uruguayan won't be able to play, but if it's held on the Sunday, he could make his Barça debut in the biggest of matches.

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/24/en/football/barcelona/1406204462.html

Barca and 419 grin

whose arm have you been twisting? or did you send messi to go smile at Sepp? cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Tval(m): 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 5:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
Tval: Disgrace to the game grin cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmSPejqhuXA

Smh... grin tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 5:19pm On Jul 24, 2014
mukina2:
Barca and 419 grin

whose arm have you been twisting? or did you send messi to go smile at Sepp? cheesy

I can't wait to see how Arsenal will fare next season... grin tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 5:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
philfearon:
I am...But,so is everybody else!!

I mean professionally
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
Mcleo007:

I mean professionally
Not yet...Though it comes with what I foresee myself being...
Why do u ask?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 7:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
Barcelona's transfer policy goes from bad to worse

The five-year wait for the Catalan giant to sign a center back is over, but the capture of Jeremy Mathieu is indicative of wider problems at Camp Nou

After four summers of threatening to do so, Barcelona has finally, at long last, signed a center back — the first purchase in that position since Dmytro Chygrynskiy from Shakhtar Donetsk in 2009.

It was hardly worth the wait.

The arrival of Jeremy Mathieu from Valencia for an excessive fee of 20 million euros feels like nothing more than tokenism, an upgrade in height (an area in which Barca has struggled in recent years), but in reality nothing more than an additional body. And the fact that the club has opted for this signing, at that price, for a 30-year-old is yet another significant change in direction from what made the modern Barca so revered.

The doyen of the perfection of the past few years, founder of a project that was 40 years in the making, Johan Cruyff's scathing criticism appears more legitimate with each passing day. Speaking to a Croatian newspaper in April, the Dutchman sneered: "Barca are vulnerable because of catastrophic failures in the last four or five years. I'm not surprised that there isn't continuity. There isn't a plan. There aren't rules."

It's unlikely that there will be a tickertape ceremony to welcome Mathieu to Camp Nou. After the Neymar debacle, Sandro Rosell's departure and what fans feel is an accelerated erosion of the club's values, former center back Rafael Marquez seemed to sum up the consensus of opinion: "I don't think he has the profile to play for Barcelona and even less so for this price."

Player Stats — Jeremy Mathieu

General

Games Played -- 32

Minutes Played -- 2,822

Starts -- 32

Interceptions -- 80

Substitution On -- 0

Substitution Off -- 2

Duels Won -- 61.4%

Aerial duels won -- 58.7%

The transfer is a dubious one on many levels. Firstly, his age. The most expensive signing of a defender age 30 or over in history, shocked --- almost doubling what Real Madrid paid for Fabio Cannavaro in 2006 — and he would win the Ballon d'Or that year. embarassed

What's more, he has signed a four-year deal with the option of a fifth — lengthy considering his relatively modest top-level experience. And to top it all, his release clause last summer was 10 million euros before signing a new deal in July. At that price, and a year younger, the deal might have been more palatable.

Secondly, Mathieu is a left back by trade, and was even employed as a left winger by Valencia. Only in the past two seasons has he regularly featured in the center, and he will still probably begin the campaign as the club's fourth best in that position after Gerard Pique, Marc Bartra and Javier Mascherano. The overriding concern has been the shoehorning of the likes of Sergio Busquets, Alex Song and Mascherano in alongside Pique or Bartra — essentially taking players out of their natural habitat. It's difficult to recognize the difference here.

Then we must bring Luis Suarez into the equation. An 88 million-euro integration into a team that scored 148 goals in all competitions in 2013-14, with all the baggage that he brings with him, seems to be a monumental and avoidable risk made all the more galling considering the middling option taken on Mathieu. Barca has had the opportunity to prove how serious it is about building a team again. There are options out there, many of them. Mateo Musacchio delivered another excellent campaign for Villarreal, is 23 and would have cost less. Matija Nastasic may well be surplus to requirements at Manchester City, but is 21 and has years to develop.

BARCA SIGNINGS IN THE POST-PEP ERA

Player -------- Year -------- From -------- Fee

Jordi Alba -------- 2012 -------- Valencia -------- €14m ----- cool

Alex Song -------- 2012 ------- Arsenal -------- €19m ----- shocked grin

Neymar -------- 2013 -------- Santos -------- €57m ----- tongue grin

Alen Halilovic --------- 2014 --------- D. Zagreb --------- €2.2m ----- cheesy cool

Ivan Rakitic ---------- 2014 --------- Sevilla ----------- €14m ----- cool

Ter Stegen ---------- 2014 --------- Gladbach -------- €12m ----- cool

Claudio Bravo ------ 2014 -------- R. Sociedad ------ €12m ----- cool

Luis Suarez -------- 2014 ----------- Liverpool ------- €88m ----- shocked tongue grin

J. Mathieu --------- 2014 ----------- Valencia ----------- €20m ------ angry sad embarassed

At the high end of the market, Mats Hummels remains one of the best defenders in the world. Given what's just been thrown to Liverpool in exchange for Suarez, a bid to at least test Borussia Dortmund's resolve could have led to his capture. The argument, one that's been peddled for five years now, is that there are no center backs out there good enough for Barcelona. It's patently not the case in the current market.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-us/news/4981263

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 8:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
The transfer is a dubious one on many levels. Firstly, his age. The most expensive signing of a defender age 30 or over in history, shocked --- almost doubling what Real Madrid paid for Fabio Cannavaro in 2006 — and he would win the Ballon d'Or that year. embarassed

(1) Why is Barcelona making a Record for all the wrong reason... angry

(2) Why take this long to sign a defender?

(3) Why is Zubi still the Sporting Director? --- Call for his immediate Resignation... angry

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 10:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
philfearon:
Not yet...Though it comes with what I foresee myself being...
Why do u ask?

I am one! smiley
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 10:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
I can only imagine how much is Zubi's cut in the Mathieu deal! Maybe half the transfer price. Can't believe we paid that much for a player who has yet to win anything in his professional career and at a crossroad age.

Corruption everywhere!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 10:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
Mcleo007:

I am one! smiley
That's Kul....
Can I ask you a question? Not here
Privately?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 10:20pm On Jul 24, 2014
philfearon:
That's Kul....
Can I ask you a question? Not here
Privately?

Feel free mate
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 10:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
Tval:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnD7A95jNXE

The most skillful player ever to play football... cool

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
coded01:

The most skillful player ever to play football... cool

Hr sure is...It's been a while since I've heard of any news about Ronaldiho..I miss him.Carlos, Roberto, Beckham, Fernandes, Giggs, Kaka, Beto etc..I really do miss those guys. cry cry

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 11:03pm On Jul 24, 2014
glitest:

Hr sure is...It's been a while since I've heard of any news about Ronaldiho..I miss him.Carlos, Roberto, Beckham, Fernandes, Giggs, Kaka, Beto etc..I really do miss those guys. cry cry

Unfortunately, we can never have these guys play football "forever" embarassed but we only hope to see new guys "step up" but i doubt if we ever see guys with "gifted talents" as theirs as a result of the "wealth factor" involved in this present football era... embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 24, 2014
coded01:

Unfortunately, we can never have these guys play football "forever" but we only hope to see new guys "step up" but i doubt if we ever see guys with "gifted talents" as theirs as a result of the "wealth factor" involved in this present football era... embarassed

Gosh!!... I sometimes do feel like we've had and seen the best of futball...Its so sad.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 11:05pm On Jul 24, 2014
glitest:

Gosh!!... I sometimes do feel like we've had and seen the best of futball... Its so sad.

Unfortunately, i agree with you on the bold... embarassed

---- Most players if not all are in for the money... embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
coded01:

Unfortunately, i agree with you on the bold... embarassed

---- Most players if not all are in for the money... embarassed

Very true...Its really sad when i think about it ...I blame Beckham for that though.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 11:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
glitest:

Very true...Its really sad when i think about it ...I blame Beckham for that though.

I know Beckham was a Footballer turned Model in his early career and that generated his monetary value which has really gone a long way in the Footballing world today as it is the case with most players if not all... tongue embarassed

Players take club for ransom now... embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
coded01:

I know Beckham was a Footballer turned Model in his early career and that generated his monetary value which has really gone a long way in the Footballing world today as it is the case with most players if not all... tongue embarassed

Players take club for ransom now... embarassed

Yes, although Its a fact that most players, if not all, get most salary boost as a result of endorsements.
I think, (my personal opinion)that Beckham did create a Monster. Beckham's fame skyrocketed after the cheating scandal with Loos, during he's time at Real Madrid; which began overshadowing he's real talent as a futball player.
Such has began to influence most players, who are now focused more on their public images, rather than what made them famous in the first place, which is futball.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 12:08am On Jul 25, 2014
glitest:

Yes, although Its a fact that most players, if not all, get most salary boost as a result of endorsements.
I think, (my personal opinion)that Beckham did create a Monster. Beckham's fame skyrocketed after the cheating scandal with Loos, during he's time at Real Madrid; which began overshadowing he's real talent as a futball player.
Such has began to influence most players, who are now focused more on their public images, rather than what made them famous in the first place, which is futball.

I am really impressed with your knowledge about football... cool

I agree with you totally... wink

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 25, 2014
coded01:

I am really impressed with your knowledge about football... cool

I agree with you totally... wink

Aww!!

Thanks my love kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 12:11am On Jul 25, 2014
glitest:

Aww!!

Thanks my love kiss kiss kiss

You are welcome my love... kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 25, 2014
Mcleo007: I can only imagine how much is Zubi's cut in the Mathieu deal! Maybe half the transfer price. Can't believe we paid that much for a player who has yet to win anything in his professional career and at a crossroad age.

Corruption everywhere!
Wasn't that amount what Valencia also confirmed they expect to recieve?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:07am On Jul 25, 2014
Johnpaul88: Wasn't that amount what Valencia also confirmed they expect to recieve?
Yeah of course...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 8:15am On Jul 25, 2014
Johnpaul88: Wasn't that amount what Valencia also confirmed they expect to recieve?

And you suppose Valencia would come all out to refute that? How then do we define corruption, bros?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 25, 2014
`We can as well sign Marquez for 80 million.
Or Carragher for 100 million.

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (6194) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.