Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4634305 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (6210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 5:18pm On Dec 06, 2011
^^^^ Pep should be given this, and as for the Ballon d thang, Xavi should be considered given this time around.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 5:23pm On Dec 06, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Ehn, Alhaji . . . and you be my guy na! No vex grin

FIFA Ballon D'Or Update: Penaldo joins Leo and Xavi in the top 3 grin, Moanrinho battles Pep and Fergie Baba once again for Coach of the year wink

i don't know how mourinho made the short-list. . . . .he won only copa del rey last season.
villas-boas his countryman should have made it instead of jose mourinho. villas-boas won the europa cup, won the portugese league without losing a game.

----in my opinion,
xavi
messi
ronaldo

pep
villas-boas
ferguson.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 6:06pm On Dec 06, 2011
gbam@sharon.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 10:58pm On Dec 06, 2011
Brilliant performance from the kids. I don't think the big boys would have done any better.
Cuenca is so good, it's ridiculous. It's just hard to believe that he was playing in the third division last season.
Sergi, Rafinha, Bartra, Montoya. . . The future is very bright.
Awesome performance from Pedro. Love how the crowd were chanting his name after he scored the third goal.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:13pm On Dec 06, 2011
^^^^
The boys were excellent. Everyone played superbly. Even slow Fontas looked solid. Montoya was really good on the right. Batra, solid in CB and I think he should play in the 1st team as often as possible. I love the move he did in the 1st half, flicking the ball past an attacker right in our box!

JDS was solid as DMF and I hope Pep will stop playing him asa RB where he's more cagey in his play. Even Maxwell played well, both as LB and later as DMF. No need to talk about Thiago & his bro Rafinha - those ones are known geniuses. Pedro played very well and I hope this helps his confidence. Deulofeu was disappointing again and I think he needs to spend more time in the lower leagues, gaining confidence, as the skill is clearly there.

My man of the match was Cuenca - he has really matured this season. He was really excellent in this match.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:24pm On Dec 06, 2011
Here's the line-up I expect Pep to use for the classico:

Valdes

Alves-Puyol-Pique-Abidal
Xavi-Busi-Iniesta
Fabregas-Messi-Villa

Subs: Pedro/Alexis, Masch (for Puyol) & Keita/Cuenca, depending on how the match goes.

I don't see Alexis starting as Pep will not want to use 2 newcomers in the classico. That Villa was rested last weekend is a pointer that he will play against Madrid.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 11:27pm On Dec 06, 2011
Villa wud def play ahead of Fab.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 9:36am On Dec 07, 2011
Stealthy:

Here's the line-up I expect Pep to use for the classico:

Valdes

Alves-Puyol-Pique-Abidal
Xavi-Busi-Iniesta
Fabregas-Messi-Villa

Subs: Pedro/Alexis, Masch (for Puyol) & Keita/Cuenca, depending on how the match goes.

I don't see Alexis starting as Pep will not want to use 2 newcomers in the classico. That Villa was rested last weekend is a pointer that he will play against Madrid.

Alexis and Fab will make d list. Their current form can't be ignored, and I trust Pep to that. Iniesta might play up front with Messi and Alexis while Fab partners Xavi in a box-to-box playing pattern.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 9:47am On Dec 07, 2011
the match is not going to be that easy.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RuuDie(m): 12:06pm On Dec 07, 2011
Meen. . . . .from now on, I support "Baby Barca" grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by cisse7575(m): 6:54pm On Dec 07, 2011
we have gained our confidence and we go beat madrid come this wk we go all see
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 7:25pm On Dec 07, 2011
Mcleo007:

Alexis and Fab will make d list. Their current form can't be ignored, and I trust Pep to that. Iniesta might play up front with Messi and Alexis while Fab partners Xavi in a box-to-box playing pattern.

Form is not everything. Coaches like Pep tend to be conservative and go with the tried and trusted, especially in high pressure matches like El classico. Villa is an almost certain starter and I see only one of Cesc & Alexis starting.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by cisse7575(m): 6:27am On Dec 08, 2011
Stealthy:

Form is not everything. Coaches like Pep tend to be conservative and go with the tried and trusted, especially in high pressure matches like El classico. Villa is an almost certain starter and I see only one of Cesc & Alexis starting.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by cisse7575(m): 6:31am On Dec 08, 2011
Stealthy:

hmmm, U may be absolutely right.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 09, 2011
Wishing my other supported team all the best in the classico. . .
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RuuDie(m): 1:09pm On Dec 09, 2011
i don't have a shadow of doubt in my mind FCB are still years ahead of RM. . . . .all the noise about how much they've improved, they still haven't learnt how to play football without the ball!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 8:26pm On Dec 09, 2011
we are barca we are winning fcb
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 10, 2011
I look forward to seeing a festival of football.
I trust Barca to deliver when the stakes are high.
Up fcb!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 10:34am On Dec 10, 2011
From the games I've seen of Madrid, they look jittery against teams that hold the ball and are very vulnerable when you take the game to them.
Most teams have been afraid to attack them and are quite comfortable staying behind and defending.
Madrid will crack when they're attacked.
The game against Atleti for instance, they were all over the place until Courtois' red card. It was only after the red card which forced Atleti to sit back and defend that Madrid could get going.
Bar Alonso, their midfield isn't so great. Khedira isn't top notch and their attacking trident of Ronaldo, Ozil and di Maria are too lazy to help the team out at the back when they don't have the ball.
What they have going for them is a very good attack, but once their midfield capitulates, we've pretty much won.

My preferred line-up:
-----Valdes-----
----Alves---- Masch ---- Pique---- Abidal----
-----Busquets----
-----Xavi----- Iniesta-----
----Messi----- Cesc----- Villa-----

On current form, Villa doesn't deserve to start but then, every big game needs a David Villa. He always shines in the big games.
Pedro and Cuenca can come on as subs when the Madrid players must've gone dizzy from chasing triangles.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 1:37pm On Dec 10, 2011
if this post was from anybody else I would not mind but medjai this your analysis is sooooooo off target and incorrect that i dont even know which part to comment about.
jittery
afraid to attack them
courtois red card(this may be partly true)
midfiled isnt so great
ozil and di maria are too lazy
them is a good attack
medjai:

From the games I've seen of Madrid, they look jittery against teams that hold the ball and are very vulnerable when you take the game to them.
Most teams have been afraid to attack them and are quite comfortable staying behind and defending.
Madrid will crack when they're attacked.
The game against Atleti for instance, they were all over the place until Courtois' red card. It was only after the red card which forced Atleti to sit back and defend that Madrid could get going.
Bar Alonso, their midfield isn't so great. Khedira isn't top notch and their attacking trident of Ronaldo, Ozil and di Maria are too lazy to help the team out at the back when they don't have the ball.
What they have going for them is a very good attack, but once their midfield capitulates, we've pretty much won.

My preferred line-up:
-----Valdes-----
----Alves---- Masch ---- Pique---- Abidal----
-----Busquets----
-----Xavi----- Iniesta-----
----Messi----- Cesc----- Villa-----

On current form, Villa doesn't deserve to start but then, every big game needs a David Villa. He always shines in the big games.
Pedro and Cuenca can come on as subs when the Madrid players must've gone dizzy from chasing triangles.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 7:07pm On Dec 10, 2011
usbcable:

if this post was from anybody else I would not mind but medjai this your analysis is sooooooo off target and incorrect that i dont even know which part to comment about.
jittery
afraid to attack them
courtois red card(this may be partly true)
midfiled isnt so great
ozil and di maria are too lazy
them is a good attack
Ozil, di Maria, Ronaldo. . . . Great going forward but how often do they drop deep to help the team when they are under pressure?
Under sustained pressure, your midfield will cave in. It did against Levante, it did in the first 20 minutes vs Atleti. Against Gijon, your midfield struggled to impose its authority. It was only after that error that led to di Maria's goal that you began to make a head way.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 12:02am On Dec 11, 2011
Mcleo007:

Sorry man. You were absolutely right and I was wrong. Alexis & Fab made the start. pep is becoming less predictable nowadays and taking risks. Some have not worked out right (eg against Valencia) but today it worked out very well.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 12:10am On Dec 11, 2011
Not a vintage performance but we did really well.
Puyol wound back the years. . . Fantastic performance from the veteran
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ritchboy(m): 12:15am On Dec 11, 2011
Messi's DNA should be researched/investigated by NASA and FIFA.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 12:19am On Dec 11, 2011
Villa needs to get his form back. He looked awful in the few minutes he played.
But hey, who cares? grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 12:29am On Dec 11, 2011
So now here's my analysis:

1st I have to admit that we were quite fortunate in this match. I've hardly seen Barca get so many lucky breaks in a match. Madrid could have run ahead in the 1st half due to many defensive mistakes.

Iniesta was great as usual - he is one of our most critical players as we over-depend on Messi when Ini isn't playing. Sanchez is impressing me more and more everyday. To think I complained about him just a few weeks ago.

Messi was unselfish in this match - was it Pep's doing or just the fear of Pepe? This allowed the other players to take initiative and this really helped us.

Finally, I say this shows money well spent: our goals were scored by our new boys: Cesc, Alexis & Marcelo (lol).

It's funny how the last few seasons have panned out. We tend to lose a match early in the season to a very lowly team. Then we all get worried, especially as Madrid starts to thrash all comers. Then the classico comes along and we beat Real silly and regain the lead. Then we refuse to hand the lead back and retain the league.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 12:30am On Dec 11, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Villa needs to get his form back. He looked awful in the few minutes he played.
But hey, who cares? grin

He really did. His form is serious cause for concern. I don't know what the solution is. Maybe pep should play him in the centre against some of the weaker sides so he can get a good run of scoring goals.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 12:32am On Dec 11, 2011
Ego Te Absolvo . . . Go and Sin No More, My Son grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sweetguy10(m): 12:55am On Dec 11, 2011
forzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa barcaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i'm high on 5 bottles of heineken , sleep well brothers we the best !!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 1:08am On Dec 11, 2011
Stealthy:

So now here's my analysis:

1st I have to admit that we were quite fortunate in this match. I've hardly seen Barca get so many lucky breaks in a match. Madrid could have run ahead in the 1st half due to many defensive mistakes.

Iniesta was great as usual - he is one of our most critical players as we over-depend on Messi when Ini isn't playing. Sanchez is impressing me more and more everyday. To think I complained about him just a few weeks ago.

Messi was unselfish in this match - was it Pep's doing or just the fear of Pepe? This allowed the other players to take initiative and this really helped us.

Finally, I say this shows money well spent: our goals were scored by our new boys: Cesc, Alexis & Marcelo (lol).

It's funny how the last few seasons have panned out. We tend to lose a match early in the season to a very lowly team. Then we all get worried, especially as Madrid starts to thrash all comers. Then the classico comes along and we beat Real silly and regain the lead. Then we refuse to hand the lead back and retain the league.

Actually I think, to your first point, the answer lies in Frank De Boer's comment this week.
He said while Real Madrid are the strongest side physically, Barcelona is ahead technically. Those mistakes were not mistakes from Barcelona, Madrid pressed very high up the pitch, and were winning all the loose balls. They played at high intensity and would have torn apart any other side, but kudos to our back line, who held their own. Everybody on the team worked hard to defend. Even Madrid's goal needed a bit of luck, as the ball deflected off Busquets into the path of Benzema.

RuuDie:

i don't have a shadow of doubt in my mind FCB are still years ahead of RM. . . . .all the noise about how much they've improved, they still haven't learnt how to play football without the ball!

Exactly what I thought. Off the ball, Real looked clueless. At some point in the second half, they even seemed to be played traditional English kick and follow. When they recovered balls, they took a couple of touches and hoofed the ball down the park, hoping to cut out the Barca defence with the high balls. Meanwhile, Barca orchestrated wave after wave of attacks down the flank in the second. This is one game we started with 4-3-3 and ended with 3-4-3, and everybody kept their discipline.

Sanchez is a great player. He goes for every ball, wrestles for it.

Mascherano would have needed a lot of luck in today's game. Kudos to Capitan, the Caveman himself!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 2:20am On Dec 11, 2011
Valdes had one to forget, but as he's usually very consistent, especially in the big games, and the fact we still won, we can let him off.
The game could've gone either way, again Ronaldo didnt have his finishing boots on against Barca, if he stuck one of his chances away it could've been different. Plus Puyol was in beast mode against him.

Lovely finish from Sanchez, didnt think he wouldve stuck it away, was a tricky chance + another goal from Cesc, who I thought aside from that was pretty quiet.

Messi was kinda quiet, but still vital. Though he perhaps was a little lucky to be on the pitch tbh, but the same goes for Ramos with that two footed tackle.

Iniesta was simply awesome. His performance was orgasmic and Xavi, Busi just bossed the midfield.

BIG win away from home, will give them a shit load of confidence going into the Club world cup and into the new year.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sweetguy10(m): 7:49am On Dec 11, 2011
Imagine that Mumurihno downplaying barca's victory to "mere luck" and he whined about messi not given a second card , was he blind at what Ramos , Lassana did ? CR7 should have not been used in this game , Callejon would have performed better he just could not get his rhythm , Imagine his set pieces hitting the wall twice and he won't track back to help his team mates defensively . I so much pity Kaka , he is finished in THAT TEAM , he needs to leave and he will get the rhythm of his game back . Seems spain FA has warned both teams not to fight anymore , i was expecting some fist throws but them disappoint me lol , Visca El Barca

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (6210) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.