Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4573723 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (6181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 1:56am On Oct 02, 2014
ddippset: i just read an article which says ronaldo has 137 penalty goals out of 434 goals. could this be true? lol. and then 136 dives.

Do you need Google? grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:20am On Oct 02, 2014
usbcable:

hence everybody is a glory hunter or nobody is a glory hunter according to your explanation.

at some point in time a certain factor made you dump Real totally and gave all your support to Barca.

we all have our stories for choosing a certain foreign club as our beloved and it often revolves around a success story (individual or club wise)
Some people are still glory hunters. What do you say of someone that supports Chelsea, and maybe after some failings he runs to Madrid(like Dhalleke or whatever his moniker is) and vice-versa. Are those ones not glory hunters?

If such ain't glory hunters, I wonder who are then.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dhellake: 7:49am On Oct 02, 2014
homesteady:

exactly! Most of them are fans of other clubs that barca have been dealing with since time immemorial gringrin

Even Dhalake or wetin be him name sef? has stopped following madrid, his real club Chelsea are now doing very fine!
Wetin be your own nah?? I post as on Madrid thread as much as i post on Chelsea thread, I haven't posted anything on the Chelsea thread this week while I have posted on Madrid thread, You guys should mind your business abeg
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dhellake: 7:52am On Oct 02, 2014
dmcdad:
Some people are still glory hunters. What do you say of someone that supports Chelsea, and maybe after some failings he runs to Madrid(like Dhalleke or whatever his moniker is) and vice-versa. Are those ones not glory hunters?

If such ain't glory hunters, I wonder who are then.
and what prove do you have that I ran to Madrid after failings at Madrid, you guys appear too more intelligent than the rubbishes you post, check my post counts and see which thread I have posted more and stop giving sermons on stuffs you know fuckks about
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dhellake: 7:55am On Oct 02, 2014
Danhumprey: I've always seen that Dhellake guy as double agent of the two clubs,ready to jump ship at any sign of poor performance from any of the two.grin
Coming from a Man Utd fan that frequents barca thread more, I laugh in Swahili
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 7:58am On Oct 02, 2014
Dhellake: Wetin be your own nah?? I post as on Madrid thread as much as i post on Chelsea thread, I haven't posted anything on the Chelsea thread this week while I have posted on Madrid thread, You guys should mind your business abeg

hey broo chill..... we all know Chelsea is your main club grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:59am On Oct 02, 2014
Dhellake: and what prove do you have that I ran to Madrid after failings at Madrid, you guys appear too more intelligent than the rubbishes you post, check my post counts and see which thread I have posted more and stop giving sermons on stuffs you know fuckks about
Smh...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 8:01am On Oct 02, 2014
Dhellake: Coming from a Man Utd fan that frequents barca thread more, I laugh in Swahili

at least he is not a real madrid fan and he never denies his Man u roots!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dhellake: 8:03am On Oct 02, 2014
homesteady:
at least he is not a real madrid fan and he never denies his Man u roots!
And I ever denied being a Chelsea fan?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 8:11am On Oct 02, 2014
Dhellake: And I ever denied being a Chelsea fan?

were you not trying to say that you are more madrid than chelsea?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dhellake: 8:18am On Oct 02, 2014
homesteady:

were you not trying to say that you are more madrid than chelsea?
All am saying is both are balanced, I hate when people say I support Madrid because of the failings at Chelsea last season which is false, i've said enough already, everyone is allowed to say anything.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 8:43am On Oct 02, 2014
Barcelona board planning
on removing all
advertising from the kit

If you're a long-time Barcelona fan and
you appreciate its history, then you'll
really enjoy this piece of news.
According to Catalunya Radio, Barça
board is planning on removing all ads
from the team's kit, taking the shirt
back to its roots. Since the club's birth,
the Blaugrana shirt was immaculate,
carrying only Barcelona's crest. When it
became impossible not to have a brand
on the kit, the board approved the use
of the Nike symbol, but that was the
only advertising for a long time.
Later, Barcelona did a masterful
advertising campaign, when they started
donating money to Unicef and putting
their brand on the kit. Unicef didn't pay
for it. It was Barça who decided to do
this and help others.
Unfortunately, affording the
astronomical player salaries became
more difficult in the last few years, so
the board at the time started, in a very
controversial decision, accepting offers
from different brands to have
advertising in the kit. The club reached
a giant deal with Qatar Sports
Investment. First, Barça's jersey had
"Qatar Foundation" written on it. For the
last couple of seasons, including this one
and the next, it's "Qatar Airways". But
that could change.
The deal is up in 2016, and Josep Maria
Bartomeu and his board plan on going
back to the original idea and keep the
kit only with the Nike symbol on it.
Which is awesome. The board will now
calculate the costs of the change before
presenting it to the associates. The radio
report says the idea is quite likely to
come to fruition, since the club's debt is
going down, and having a kit
advertising would not be as necessary as
it was two years ago.
Let's hope it happens. There's nothing
more beautiful than a clean Blaugrana
kit. Good job, Prez!

www.barcablaugranes.com/2014/10/2/6886001/barcelona-board-planning-on-removing-all-advertising-from-the-kit
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 8:45am On Oct 02, 2014
↑↑↑
I don't support this move sha! the club needs to get more money
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 02, 2014
philfearon:
Lol....If such Series are allowed to continue,Why cancel the better fast paced ones?
Which better ones?,HIMYM shits on them!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:03am On Oct 02, 2014
Hmm . . . no groove on this thread sha. Barca haters must be otherwise occupied, or most likely since we didn't win anything last season, nobody send us grin

Anyway sha . . . my synopsis of the match is simple. It's just a blip, caused by the uneasy blending of the old and the new Barca styles. Specifically the following:

1. Still playing Mascherano in defence, when he could have actually done a better job in holding midfield. He put in the tackles as well as he could, but he'd have been better employed breaking up play in the middle. I wonder why a lineup with Pique and Mathieu wasn't considered, with Mascherano playing in front of them, and Busquets on the bench.
Busquets is essential to our Tiki-Taka game, which is why he seems impossible to drop. However, he is rather slow, and his tactic of drawing fouls was largely ignored by the ref. The PSG forwards simply harassed him off the ball every time, and when he dropped, the refs looked the other way. He's also not great at carrying the ball forward. In my view, this was the game to go direct, and drop him.

2. Playing both Alves and Alba. David Luiz in center-back should have been an opportunity to exploit (which Iniesta-Messi actually did for the first goal. PSG are great going forward, but not that great at the back especially with no Silva.
Going wide and playing with two advanced wing-backs should have been a plan B. Adriano or Montoya should have been a more viable defensive option in my view.

Playing Neymar center was a good idea. However, with a largely ineffective middle 3, he wasn't visible for most of the game.Rather, Messi seems to be the most productive midfield player in the team right now, followed by Rakitic. Usually when the other chaps are closed down by opposition, and seem to lack ideas for advancing into attack, you see Messi dropping deep and trying to turn the play by releasing a good through ball or taking on one or two players. When that doesn't happen and he's not involved, you see aimless passes from flank to flank, and eventually back into defence, or the ball gets turned over.

The interest part about all this is that Messi has actually started to play like Maradona, a classic Number 10. Though with a reserved approach, he doesn't break forward but rather calms the game, holds up play, and hits a super pass. Like he did to Neymar who hit over the bar. That for me was almost the pass of the game, if it had been finished.

It was very disturbing to see Barcelona chase the ball for upwards of 5 minutes, which eventually led to the third goal. It did not even look like Barca was playing. No pressing, just tracking in the middle, then a long ball down to the right flank, and BOOM!

Finally: it seems Enrique has good ideas. The problem is the personnel he chooses to execute them. It will be hard to get Alves, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets to start playing a fast counter-attacking game, and the rest of the guys on the bench are not that much experienced or quality.

I think we can win the league, if we get good results against the likes of Real and Athletico (as in we don't lose any games against them), and we do very well against the weaker opposition. But in the Champions League, we will have to work extra hard to avoid coming second in our group, and we'll need a bit of luck also. The group suddenly seems a lot stronger than we had all thought initially.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:34am On Oct 02, 2014
^^^Nice review bruv. Kudos!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 10:06am On Oct 02, 2014
bykebyke:
Which better ones?,HIMYM shits on them!!
Seriously,I don't understand you...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Danhumprey: 10:08am On Oct 02, 2014
Dhellake: Coming from a Man Utd fan that frequents barca thread more, I laugh in Swahili
So? Beside,I rarely frequent their thread anymore like before.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Danhumprey: 10:14am On Oct 02, 2014
coded01:

We are waiting... angry grin
Okay nau. Make we see!grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Danhumprey: 10:16am On Oct 02, 2014
homesteady:

hey broo chill..... we all know Chelsea is your main club grin
Bwuahahahahaha.grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
philfearon:
Seriously,I don't understand you...
You are saying HIMYM did not deserve to be continued!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
Abeg you kids should drop the club wars and let's talk football.
Or is it that all of you only know how to 'defend shirt'? angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
bykebyke:
You are saying HIMYM did not deserve to be continued!!
Am saying if HIMYM has been continuously renewed up to 8series,why are the better series being cancelled?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
philfearon:
Am saying if HIMYM has been continuously renewed up to 8series,why are the better series being cancelled?
Tell me a series better than HIMYM..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 2:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
This loss does not define Barca. We should not make it look as if we were beaten flawlessly
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
mcdreeezy: This loss does not define Barca. We should not make it look as if we were beaten flawlessly

Yeah I agree

I'm optimistic of better performances though
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
mcdreeezy: This loss does not define Barca. We should not make it look as if we were beaten flawlessly

LOL.
Did we not see some horrific performances during Tito's year? 7-0 aggregate, 3-1 in a Clasico at home?

The old Barca would have lost that game 3-1.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 3:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
R.Madrid just cant stop conceding lol.. cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 3:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
honeric01: R.Madrid just cant stop conceding lol.. cheesy

Winning is all that matters oh bro
Clean sheets are overrated
0-0 is a clean sheet but just 1point
10-9 is poor defending but at the same time 3points
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
barackohandso:

Winning is all that matters oh bro
Clean sheets are overrated
0-0 is a clean sheet but just 1point
10-9 is poor defending but at the same time 3points

And have we not been winning?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 4:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
AjanleKoko:

LOL.
Did we not see some horrific performances during Tito's year? 7-0 aggregate, 3-1 in a Clasico at home?

The old Barca would have lost that game 3-1.
Abi oh, I jux believe that it's still too early to start crucifying or praising the team. I never xpected the game to be a walk-over, even with Ibra and Co not playing.

Who knows if when they eventually play in the 2nd leg is when we will beat them
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 4:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
barackohandso:

Yeah I agree

I'm optimistic of better performances though
Ya, me too

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (6181) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.