Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,222 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4635021 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (6211) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 7:58am On Jan 13, 2012
^^
Looks like Fontas is out for the season, joining Villa and Afellay on the sidelines.

Poor guy, not getting games, and now having to suffer a career-threatening injury.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 11:02pm On Jan 13, 2012
Pedro out for 10 days
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:31pm On Jan 15, 2012
Fantastic game. This is the best game by far at the Camp Nou this season, so far.
The boys, keeping an eye on Wednesday's big game at the Bernabeu, came out thinking to take it easy, after a fashion. Betis showed them they didn't come to lie down and take another manita. They took the game to us big time, and got back in it. They were unlucky to go a man down, which was really what tilted the game in Barca's favour. Else, they deserved a draw for their efforts, and may even have won it.

I don't know about you guys, but this was the worst performance from Messi I have seen in a long while. Even worse than last week, against Espanyol. He made wrong passing choices all evening, didn't hold the ball up, and was guilty of poor positioning all through the game. Also, this was one night that the 3-4-3 was a wrong playing choice. We are lucky to escape with the win, at home no less.

Hoping for more games like this in La Liga
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 2:13pm On Jan 16, 2012
We are still in the race for the title. Its a fight till the finish.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]I am not too pleased with our game yesterday though i am pleased to have grabbed all pionts. Maybe we let them into the game or they are actually a very good side, i cannot tell but i am inclined to believe the former.
Complacancy is the team's greatest challenge. Motivation to win it all again is often hard to find. I pity Pep. I wonder what he tells them before each game.

However, our chances of winning the league are still good even better than EE's, cos i believe that before u can win a competition like league, u must be able to beat the defending champs or other geniune contenders. And they have yet to beat us!
So we still hold the ace!

I wish us luck on wednesday against EE. I hope we beat them again to show we still run the show and that the show still goes on and on and on and on!!!!!!!!.
Visca el Barca!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 8:43pm On Jan 16, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Fantastic game. This is the best game by far at the Camp Nou this season, so far.
The boys, keeping an eye on Wednesday's big game at the Bernabeu, came out thinking to take it easy, after a fashion. Betis showed them they didn't come to lie down and take another manita. They took the game to us big time, and got back in it. They were unlucky to go a man down, which was really what tilted the game in Barca's favour. Else, they deserved a draw for their efforts, and may even have won it.

I don't know about you guys, but this was the worst performance from Messi I have seen in a long while. Even worse than last week, against Espanyol. He made wrong passing choices all evening, didn't hold the ball up, and was guilty of poor positioning all through the game. Also, this was one night that the 3-4-3 was a wrong playing choice. We are lucky to escape with the win, at home no less.

Hoping for more games like this in La Liga
I thought Messi did quite well last night. He was indeed sloppy atimes, gave the ball away on a couple of occasions and made some poor decisions but still, he was one of our better players.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 8:56pm On Jan 16, 2012
medjai:

I thought Messi did quite well last night. He was indeed sloppy atimes, gave the ball away on a couple of occasions and made some poor decisions but still, he was one of our better players.

I thought Iniesta and Masch.
Iniesta was the best up front. Fabregas also did well, though I notice he doesn't like to track back and defend. But he created space for himself well.
Masch was the main man at the back. He didn't make a wrong tackle all evening. He did considerably okay, as Puyol was really stretched at right back.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 9:28pm On Jan 16, 2012
Barcelona's Eric Abidal
signs contract extension -
The French defender has
reportedly agreed to a new contract after several months of negotiations
have finally produced a result
By Luis Mira
Eric Abidal - Barcelona
Barcelona left-back Eric Abidal has signed a one-year contract extension with the club, La Vanguardia reports.

The France international's previous deal was due to expire at the end of the season and
negotiations between the player and the club dragged on for months, despite the
defender claiming in November that an agreement had been
reached.
It is believed that Abidal has signed a new contract until
2013, with the option for two more years, to be discussed annually.
The 32-year-old, who joined Barca from Olympique Lyonnais
in 2007, has repeatedly declared that he wants to end
his career at Camp Nou, where he has won three Primera Division titles and two
Champions League crowns, among other trophies.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2012/01/16/2850134/barcelonas-eric-abidal-signs-contract-extension-report
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 10:06pm On Jan 16, 2012
even if them remove subsidy on beautiful footie, Barca wud still take the liga. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 11:44am On Jan 17, 2012
eyoniggar:

even if them remove subsidy on beautiful footie, Barca wud still take the liga. grin

how about if the use the military to occupy the site for the #occupycampnou
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 4:37pm On Jan 17, 2012
Looks like the state of our nation has soured my taste for football somewhat.
I'm not even keen to watch the upcoming clasicos angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 17, 2012
Muñiz Fernandés will officiate tomorrows match at the Bernabéau. He was also there last season in the league's 2nd leg that ended 1 - 1. He also officated our 3-2 win in the super cup and dubiously ommitted Mou's eye poking of Tito in his match report which led to the committee for competitions to hand Mou an embrassing 2-match ban only, since they only have to rely on evidence in the video footage provided.
We hope he does well tomorrow, then.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sweetguy10(m): 4:14am On Jan 18, 2012
AjanleKoko:

wow , wow , wow , thought its only me oooooo .
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 9:28am On Jan 18, 2012
AjanleKoko:

na prayer i dey pray sef make espn dey show more liga matches as I don cut cost on subscription amount to DSTV from 10000 to 4800. angry

chai Jona don/wan spoil fun for pessin. angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Pharoh: 11:04am On Jan 18, 2012
^^ You can make use of your internet connection to stream matches online for free from websites or p2p software's.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:17am On Jan 18, 2012
usbcable:

na prayer i dey pray sef make espn dey show more liga matches as I don cut cost on subscription amount to DSTV from 10000 to 4800. angry

chai Jona don/wan spoil fun for pessin. angry

check soccertvlive.com.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by biolabee(m): 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2012
Ajanlekoko

Bros u r not alone. My mouth is soured

I hope Barca can win tonite though i am a bit fearful for pinto
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:57pm On Jan 18, 2012
Bernabeu. Blaugrana training ground grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 12:05am On Jan 19, 2012
The classico is becoming a show of pity for Madrid these days. What a game!

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 12:08am On Jan 19, 2012
pepe really messed up, wondering why Alonso would be that harsh on his fellow spanish man Fab. Its a show of shame.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 1:10am On Jan 19, 2012
A very disciplined game by Barca standards. They simply kept their shape and staved off the Madrid runs. No open attacking play, especially as Madrid had tried to flood the middle with holding players, Pepe, Concentrao, and Lass The three of them kept getting in each others' way. Not playing Ozil or Kaka, plus the absence of Di Maria to drag Abidal out of position or bomb down the right meant only Alonso would have to be the creator in the middle. And he never got time on the ball. His usual long hopeful passes were always cut out by the center backs.

Alves and Abidal were particularly disciplined and closed down the flanks effectively. Just one lapse in concentration where Benzema put Ronaldo through, and he buried it. After that, Madrid didn't create anything.

Altintorp was quite a bonus. Iniesta bossed him all through the game. Sanchez kept the centre-backs very busy as usual, and even got into some good positions. Messi dropped deep and formed a passing quartet with Fabregas, Xavi, and Busquets, who was excellent.

Pep has grown tactically I have to say. Nice birthday present for the Mister.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by gjelbro: 3:14am On Jan 19, 2012
Real Madrid vs Barcelona Full Match Download (Copa del Rey - 18.01.2012)

downloadfullmatchesfootball.bl­­­ogspot.com

watch?v=LIqzoGeCHPg
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 10:14am On Jan 19, 2012
Up Barca!Biscuit won the man of the match for me.i am so surprised how pep has been coping with our tiny squad.the guy na winchy.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 10:22am On Jan 19, 2012
watched the full match again, classic, iniesta is another football god, very under-rated.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 10:34am On Jan 19, 2012
So many thoughts on this game. We won, its all good, but honestly I felt there are some issues that really need to be addressed. I mean the fact that our goals came from 2 defenders kind of speaks for itself.

- Pep, you're my man and all but sometimes you do some WTF-inducing stuff. Iniesta on the flank? Alexis in CF? Fabregas taking over Don's space in midfield? Messi in a withdrawn Argentina-esque role? Why?

Iniesta has always looked awkward in that winger position(he did quite well last night though), I mean Altintop, fuc[i]king[/i] Hamit Altintop did a decent job on him. He should've been our entry point in offense. Alexis would've torn him apart. Alexis utilizes that inside cut followed by the reverse direction dribble that leaves fullbacks stumbling, Altintop would've been shredded by the Chilean machine. Been a while since I saw Iniesta look uncomfortable on the ball, but this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who've watched him play the wing before,

- Watching Messi today was odd. I wasn't sure if the stripes were Blaugrana or light blue and white. He was playing very very deep, mainly due to Alexis occupying the CF position and Fabregas playing an advanced role as well. Sometimes I swear he was only in front of the back 4 + Pinto, it was odd. He had a hard time really imposing his presence on Madrid, maybe it was a plan by Pep perhaps to draw Pepe and Lass out of the hole a bit but I preferred when Messi was taking them on every few minutes. He still made a few key passes + of course the org[i]asm[/i]ic assist on Abidal's cool finish.

However there was a nice positive from this game.

- For a minute I wasn't sure if I was watching FC Barcelona but we were actually swinging all the damn corners into the box! I don't know why Pep suddenly decided to do away with those short passes and go for the cross but it was freakin' awesome.

I didn't like how we looked in the final third, we just weren't making sh[i]it[/i] happen, and there was some frustrating sloppy passing at times as well. I really hope Pep plays Alexis on the freakin' wing and put Iniesta back in his normal role. There's no reason Fabregas should be occupying that space in the midfield, it belongs to the freakin' Don. Having said that Cesc distributed the ball well and played some clever over the top passes ( he's a boss at that), but unfortunately his dribbling is nowhere near Iniesta's level, and that's not a bad thing. Still not sure what's Cesc best position yet but Pep please, please man, don't have Cesc fu[i]ck[/i]ing with the Don's turf.

Before I forget, Happy Birthday in arrears, Pep. Madrid's scalp on a plate at the Bernabeu. You couldn't have had a better gift.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 11:30am On Jan 19, 2012
cry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 12:10pm On Jan 19, 2012
medjai:

So many thoughts on this game. We won, its all good, but honestly I felt there are some issues that really need to be addressed. I mean the fact that our goals came from 2 defenders kind of speaks for itself.

- Pep, you're my man and all but sometimes you do some WTF-inducing stuff. Iniesta on the flank? Alexis in CF? Fabregas taking over Don's space in midfield? Messi in a withdrawn Argentina-esque role? Why?

Iniesta has always looked awkward in that winger position(he did quite well last night though), I mean Altintop, fuc[i]king[/i] Hamit Altintop did a decent job on him. He should've been our entry point in offense. Alexis would've torn him apart. Alexis utilizes that inside cut followed by the reverse direction dribble that leaves fullbacks stumbling, Altintop would've been shredded by the Chilean machine. Been a while since I saw Iniesta look uncomfortable on the ball, but this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who've watched him play the wing before,

- Watching Messi today was odd. I wasn't sure if the stripes were Blaugrana or light blue and white. He was playing very very deep, mainly due to Alexis occupying the CF position and Fabregas playing an advanced role as well. Sometimes I swear he was only in front of the back 4 + Pinto, it was odd. He had a hard time really imposing his presence on Madrid, maybe it was a plan by Pep perhaps to draw Pepe and Lass out of the hole a bit but I preferred when Messi was taking them on every few minutes. He still made a few key passes + of course the org[i]asm[/i]ic assist on Abidal's cool finish.

However there was a nice positive from this game.

- For a minute I wasn't sure if I was watching FC Barcelona but we were actually swinging all the damn corners into the box! I don't know why Pep suddenly decided to do away with those short passes and go for the cross but it was freakin' awesome.

I didn't like how we looked in the final third, we just weren't making sh[i]it[/i] happen, and there was some frustrating sloppy passing at times as well. I really hope Pep plays Alexis on the freakin' wing and put Iniesta back in his normal role. There's no reason Fabregas should be occupying that space in the midfield, it belongs to the freakin' Don. Having said that Cesc distributed the ball well and played some clever over the top passes ( he's a boss at that), but unfortunately his dribbling is nowhere near Iniesta's level, and that's not a bad thing. Still not sure what's Cesc best position yet but Pep please, please man, don't have Cesc fu[i]ck[/i]ing with the Don's turf.

Before I forget, Happy Birthday in arrears, Pep. Madrid's scalp on a plate at the Bernabeu. You couldn't have had a better gift.

I think it was a disciplined game. Madrid is a competent attacking side, physically stronger. From the league meeting, you could also see that they planned to press high up on the pitch, especially on goal kicks. Our defenders are slow, and one or two touches can set up Ronaldo or Benzema in the box - which did happen. I don't think we can ever play an open game with Madrid again, not while Jose is their coach.

Jose went back to his last year playbook: play physical and defensive, wait to hit us on the counter. I think a 1-0 would have suited him fine. We played a patient game, and did very well not to lose shape. Ronaldo was starved of the ball, and after his goal became pretty much useless. Benzema had the good positioning as always, but did not really have space and time on the ball to do much.

I also like that we worked on the set plays, and used our tall players in the box to good effect. They were obviously not expecting that.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 1:24pm On Jan 19, 2012
all these analyses are nothing without mentioning sergio busquets

he is the best young player in the universe. it's a shame the job he does on the pitch is not really appreciated. . .
but this young man has mastered the art of the defensive midfielder. his positioning yesterday was world class.
he ate all the combative midfielders mourinho set against him. . . . .his awareness in the defensive sense is excellent.
this young player has stopped mascherano from playing his natural role for barcelona and he chased yaya toure out of barcelona. . . .

the boy is a genius!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by kokonets(m): 2:09pm On Jan 19, 2012
HBD in arrears PEP. . .hello house cheesy

forza Barca!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:16pm On Jan 19, 2012
coogar:

all these analyses are nothing without mentioning sergio busquets

he is the best young player in the universe. it's a shame the job he does on the pitch is not really appreciated. . .
but this young man has mastered the art of the defensive midfielder. his positioning yesterday was world class.
he ate all the combative midfielders mourinho set against him. . . . .his awareness in the defensive sense is excellent.
this young player has stopped mascherano from playing his natural role for barcelona and he chased yaya toure out of barcelona. . . .

the boy is a genius!

Leave Busquets matter.
Did you see this play?

[flash=450,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe5ObZyCGNQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"[/flash]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Leave Busquets matter.
Did you see this play?

i am one of his biggest fans. . . .
he's got pretty fantastic technique you just don't really notice it when he's surrounded by messi, iniesta, xavi and pedro.

his positional sense is outstanding. he is the perfect modern defensive midfielder and his composure with the ball is almost better than xavi's
no matter how you press busquets, you don't get the ball from him and he rarely ever loses possession.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2012
coogar:

i am one of his biggest fans. . . .
he's got pretty fantastic technique you just don't really notice it when he's surrounded by messi, iniesta, xavi and pedro.

his positional sense is outstanding. he is the perfect modern defensive midfielder and his composure with the ball is almost better than xavi's
no matter how you press busquets, you don't get the ball from him and he rarely ever loses possession.

Busquets is the best in the world in his position.
He just needs to improve his overall technique as a player a little.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (6211) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: liveLongNprospa(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.