Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo (64915 Views)

Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks / Pastor Moses Adeeyo Accused Of Marrying Church Member's Wife In Rivers / "Put It In Your Mouth"---married Pastor To Teenage Girl After Exposing His D**k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by 22jumpstreet: 7:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
emmnprince:

The law of their land, according to the person you asked this question, should be subject to the law of Christ. That is, Christ law first, then other laws, so long the laws did not go contrary to the will of God.

The word of man is the word of God....

Jesus is just an idol created by Rome..
Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by Gospelpromoter: 10:45am On Aug 14, 2021
Olukemi funke -Too Good Medley
The upbeat praise medley will definitely get you on your feet as you give all honour to our Too Good God.
Chai this song eh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsmK4Plc3I
Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by Uselessmanna: 8:12pm On Aug 14, 2021
Vickyvice:
you can divorce based on any reason, but if it's because of cheating/fornication or adultery, you can remarry. If you divorce cos of any other reason, stay single, except your mate starts seeing another person after d divorce, you are then biblically free to remarry too

Go and read your Bible again sir
Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by emmnprince(m): 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2021
22jumpstreet:

The word of man is the word of God....

Jesus is just an idol created by Rome..

Idol indeed!
Keep deceiving yourself with what you've been made to believe.
Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by emmnprince(m): 6:47pm On Aug 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The paraphrasing is exactly what is wrong.

1. Jesus did not advice anyone to stay single if they get a divorce. God hates divorce, in the first place. There are at least 3 parts to the divorce laws of adultery to consider. What He nstead said was that :

A. Anyone who divorces his wife except in the case of fornication causes her to be guilty of adultery. undecided

B. Whoever marries a divorced woman is guilty of adultery.

C. Any man who divorces his wife and marries another wife is guilty of adultery.

2. Also it is possible to still have other wives when divorced from the one. This at least since poly marriages are not prohibited undecided

The number (C) is correct if he divorce her on other grounds except adultery. If one of the spouse commits adultery, the other can divorce and remarry.

The number 2 is not correct because poly marriages are condemned under the law of Christ. Christians are not permitted to marry more than one wife.
Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by Kobojunkie: 6:50pm On Aug 15, 2021
emmnprince:

The number (C) is correct if he divorce her on other grounds except adultery. If one of the spouse commits adultery, the other can divorce and remarry.

The number 2 is not correct because poly marriages are condemned under the law of Christ. Christians are not permitted to marry more than one wife.
My mistake! Except in the case of fornication, yes! undecided

Poly marriages are not condemned under the Law of Jesus Christ. The rule of marriage remains as it was in the beginning when God first instituted it. undecided
Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by emmnprince(m): 7:02pm On Aug 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
My mistake! Except in the case of fornication, yes! undecided

Poly marriages are not condemned under the Law of Jesus Christ. The rule of marriage remains as it was in the beginning when God first instituted it. undecided

So state where the rule was written when God instituted it.
Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2021
emmnprince:

So state where the rule was written when God instituted it.
Genesis 2 vs 24 undecided
Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by emmnprince(m): 7:26pm On Aug 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Genesis 2 vs 24 undecided

Genesis 2 verse 24 says, "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."

Therefore, a man shall leave his parents (father and mother) and be joined to his wife (not wives) and they shall become one flesh.
Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Aug 15, 2021
emmnprince:

Genesis 2 verse 24 says, "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."

Therefore, a man shall leave his parents (father and mother) and be joined to his wife (not wives) and they shall become one flesh.
A marriage is defined as a union between one man and one woman, Yes! undecided

It does not mean the same man/woman cannot form a similar union with another woman/man. undecided
Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by emmnprince(m): 8:37pm On Aug 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
A marriage is defined as a union between one man and one woman, Yes! undecided

It does not mean the same man/woman cannot form a similar union with another woman/man. undecided

This line of thought doesn't agree with the law of Christ. You're just playing with words here.

"They are no longer two, but one flesh" in Matthew 19:5, 6 canceled out this point. We would have seen cases in the New Testament of Christians who were polygamists.

You indirectly infer that polyandry is as a good as polygamy & should be practiced by Christians of any so wish.
Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2021
emmnprince:

This line of thought doesn't agree with the law of Christ. You're just playing with words here.

"They are no longer two, but one flesh" in Matthew 19:5, 6 canceled out this point. We would have seen cases in the New Testament of Christians who were polygamists.

You indirectly infer that polyandry is as a good as polygamy & should be practiced by Christians of any so wish.
I am playing with words? undecided

I am simply refusing to inject my own misconceptions in to what is there written. The same rule God gave to all of mankind in the beginning, regarding marriage, is the same rule that applied to those before the Old Covenant, those of the Old Covenant Law of Moses, and even we of the New Covenant through Jesus Christ. undecided
undecided

What of what is written in Matthew 19 vs 5 - 6 cancels what point? undecided

The New Covenant is not about doing what others do but about doing as Jesus Christ commanded us to do - John 15 vs 14. So, be careful not to make role models of any one else but Jesus Christ. undecided

As for Christianity, I don't make the Law. I simply follow it as it is written. undecided
Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by berryPee(m): 9:07pm On Aug 15, 2021
My dear all of the above points you made are all abomination before God
MummyD2020:

While its so right to starve his family. U people will just turn a blind eye on the man's madness and Relax, spread legs and condemn the woman. All sin is the same before God. A man that cant provides for his family and a pastor that marries a divorcee.
Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by emmnprince(m): 9:18pm On Aug 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:

I am simply refusing to inject my own misconceptions in to what is there written. The same rule God gave to all of mankind in the beginning, regarding marriage, is the same rule that applied to those before the Old Covenant, those of the Old Covenant Law of Moses, and even we of the New Covenant through Jesus Christ. undecided
undecided

The New Covenant is not about doing what others do but about doing as Jesus Christ commanded us to do - John 15 vs 14. So, be careful not to make role models of any one else but Jesus Christ. undecided

As for Christianity, I don't make the Law. I simply follow it as it is written. undecided

Going by your reasoning, God made them male and female —a pair. God gave Adam a woman. Genesis 2:20-25 stated the reason for the union of a man and a woman. Christ referred to that. No where in the New Testament that tell us of a Christian man having more than one wife.

All passages of the NT that talk about marriage only speak in reference to a man to a woman. 1 Corinthians 7:1-5 is very clear about it. "A man to marry a woman, not a man to marry women!

Even Jesus and his bride, the church is likened to the union of a man and woman. Ephesians 5:22-33 gives another clear relationship of a man and a woman (not women) married.

What Jesus commanded is what the apostles taught and practiced. And no indication of his apostles or Christians during that time who practiced polygamy!
Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by emmnprince(m): 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:

undecided

Going by your reasoning, God made them male and female —a pair. God gave Adam a woman. Genesis 2:20-25 stated the reason for the union of a man and a woman. Christ referred to that. No where in the New Testament that tell us of a Christian man having more than one wife.

All passages of the NT that talk about marriage only speak in reference to a man to a woman. 1 Corinthians 7:1-5 is very clear about it. "A man to marry a woman, not a man to marry women!

Even Jesus and his bride, the church is likened to the union of a man and woman. Ephesians 5:22-33 gives another clear relationship of a man and a woman (not women) married.

What Jesus commanded is what the apostles taught and practiced. And no indication of his apostles or Christians during that time who practiced polygamy!
Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2021
emmnprince:

The law that Jesus Christ taught in the New Covenant, is the same exact law that God gave to all of mankind in the beginning. And that Law never limited man or woman to one partner alone. Instead it stipulated that marriage is between a man and a woman. As we see several examples of God Himself giving more than one partner to individuals in the Old Testament, this in accordance of the very same law. Unless you are or the mind that God violates His own Law - unfaithfulness - you will see that without our preconceptions, there is indeed not a limit set by God, this from the beginning, as to how many such unions a person can enter into until much later, say in the Old Covenant that is. undecided

Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, did not change that which God had previously declared. However, He made it clear to us that our marriages are of this world and not of His Kingdom, in effect declaring that there is no such thing as a "Christian" marriage as all that happens within such relationships are not of special law - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. You know what this means of all you see written of marriage in the epistles, right? undecided
Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by 77star: 1:43am On Aug 16, 2021
ok
Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by emmnprince(m): 6:10am On Aug 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The law that Jesus Christ taught in the New Covenant, is the same exact law that God gave to all of mankind in the beginning. And that Law never limited man or woman to one partner alone. Instead it stipulated that marriage is between a man and a woman. As we see several examples of God Himself giving more than one partner to individuals in the Old Testament, this in accordance of the very same law. Unless you are or the mind that God violates His own Law - unfaithfulness - you will see that without our preconceptions, there is indeed not a limit set by God, this from the beginning, as to how many such unions a person can enter into until much later, say in the Old Covenant that is. undecided

Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, did not change that which God had previously declared. However, He made it clear to us that our marriages are of this world and not of His Kingdom, in effect declaring that there is no such thing as a "Christian" marriage as all that happens within such relationships are not of special law - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. You know what this means of all you see written of marriage in the epistles, right? undecided

It is not the same exact law. Jeremiah 31:31-32 (Hebrews 8:8-10).

Marriage in the N.T is one man to one woman. Not a polygamous or polyandrous union! And that was how God made it in the beginning. A man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife (not wives) and they shall become one flesh (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5, 6; Ephesians 5:31).

No indication or example that state otherwise in the N.T. If your understanding or interpretation of the above passages is one a polygamous or polyandrous union, then the interpretation is from you and not from the Scriptures.

I rest my case.
Re: Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo by Kobojunkie: 6:45am On Aug 16, 2021
emmnprince:

1. It is not the same exact law. Jeremiah 31:31-32 (Hebrews 8:8-10).

2. Marriage in the N.T is one man to one woman. Not a polygamous or polyandrous union! And that was how God made it in the beginning. A man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife (not wives) and they shall become one flesh (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5, 6; Ephesians 5:31).

No indication or example that state otherwise in the N.T. If your understanding or interpretation of the above passages is one a polygamous or polyandrous union, then the interpretation is from you and not from the Scriptures.

I rest my case.
1. The references you provided say nothing
of your assertion that it is not the same law/command given by God in the beginning that operates to this day. Sure, we are in a different Law but the very same marriage law given in Genesis 2 vs 24 is the same one we, of the New Covenant, are called to live by. undecided

And as Jesus Christ declared in Luke 20 vs 34 - 36, marriages are of this world and not of His Kingdom so any teaching that attempts to change that which God has declared is of men and not of God.

2. Marriage from the beginning - Genesis 2 vs 24 was defined as being between a man and a woman, so I am not certain why you are having a tough one with this. The same law/rule that was in the beginning. Is the same law/rule in in New Covenant, unchanged. undecided

3. If the law/rule is exactly the same as it was in the beginning, why do you seek NT specific examples for to help you understand what Almighty God Himself did even from the beginning by that same rule? God does not violate His own Law to man, right? He is a faithful God and faithful God gave wives(plural) to some of His servants. undecided

Maybe if you try to envision marriage as an agreement/contract between a man and a woman, you can maybe see how one man/woman is able to enter into a individual marriage contracts with more than one woman/man. undecided

Instead of attempting an interpretation of what is written, why not use basic understanding as Jesus Christ commands that we all do where it concerns God's Truth. God would never violate His own Law and we know that the same God gave more than one wife to a man on numerous occasion. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? / Mummy G.O.'s Son: "My Mother Not Bothered About Hellfire Memes On Social Media" / Daniel Obinim Flogs Teenagers For Sex Act (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.