Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,593 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. (29849 Views)

She Won't Date Me Until I Tell Her My Body Count! / Don't Accuse A Lady Of Cheating If You Won't Marry Her / "I Won't Marry A Man I Don't Have Sex With" - Nigerian Lady Reveals Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by ImaIma1(f): 9:02pm On Aug 13, 2021
SonofGod231:

Aunty try read at least. People from 30yrs and above are exempted from the service without any disenfranchisement whatever.
Na only mumu people wey dey above 30yrs dey forge age just to go to camp and snap with khaki.

Uncu I read it, thanks.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by lexy2014: 9:07pm On Aug 13, 2021
AreaGovo:
Greetings to you all. Let's have a small family meeting.

Based on my course of study, I have mapped out plans and strategies (blueprint) on setting up my firm where I'll do my private practice once I'm stable economically. By God's grace, in the future, I see government and even private firms coming to seek my services as a technocrat cum consultant in that field. But my woman (fiancée) is saying those who didn't serve and receive NYSC discharged are not regarded as graduates even though they've exemption letter citing discrimination and even example coming from her uncle of how people were disqualified from appointment for not having NYSC discharged. Please how true is that submission of hers? Does such discrimination actually exist in government and private organizations?

Below are my reasons for not desiring to serve. First, I'm above 30. Second, not really freak about the NYSC of thing. Third, at the moment, I'm unemployed but applicant. Fourth, I don't want to waste another one year when I should be hunting "cool cash" instead of 33k. Fifth, even if I want to start going back to do all those age forgery stuff and the rest, like I said, a jobless/applicant like me can't boast of 70k (or even more) to start running all those stuff but she's hell bent I serve. Is NYSC really such a big deal?

What advice do you have to offer? I'll appreciate.

When a woman starts giving u conditions B4 she agrees to marry u, it means u are on waiting list. Better find another lady to marry and move on with ur life before u are given red card

2 Likes

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by sundayadoga781(m): 9:13pm On Aug 13, 2021
My brother, National Service is compulsory for every Nigerian who is below 30 years at the time of graduation. It is a time of sacrifice to fellow Nigerians not just 33k. However, if you are more than 30 when you finished your degree programme it would be a crime to manipulate your age to join the NYSC. I am sure your lady friend wants the best for you that is why she wants you to conform to what more than 5 million other young people did when it was their time. Besides time is only wasted when one is berift of ideas. Think well. NYSC is not a waste and who knows you may run for office tomorrow and you will need that certificate that many people on this platform are encouraging you to ignore.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by nrexzy: 9:24pm On Aug 13, 2021
Staccato001:

But the guy stated he's going into Private practice and envisaged even government patronising his consultancy soon.

For one to be recommended for a govt appointment, some criteria must be met.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
Why fly no go support shit? grin
Says coward that has nothing to be prideful of.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Hassanmaye(m): 9:45pm On Aug 13, 2021
OGwales:
Tomorrow now you will now forge NYSC ceft abi? Dis one no be village people, na you wan do yourself.
grin grin
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by SonofGod231: 9:50pm On Aug 13, 2021
ImaIma1:

Uncu I read it, thanks.
Ona ignorance on this platform can make one throw up.
OP Is up to 30yrs but his gf wants him to still go to NYSC Camp.What are the rules laid down patterning youth service?My dear,There are so many other factors that influences being exempted from NYSC not just age.Age is just one of them.
Government set down these rules and the same government is in charge of Labour and empowerment. So what's the difference between the NYSC Discharge Certificate and An Exemption Certificate? Someone he might regret not going to Camp.Whats the youth service and exemption criteria for?
Ona dumb here Sha.Can OP Genuinely Complete the NYSC Online Process's without being issued an exemption letter?
Or maybe lack of exposure (Information).
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Ferrous(m): 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2021
sundayadoga781:
My brother, National Service is compulsory for every Nigerian who is below 30 years at the time of graduation. It is a time of sacrifice to fellow Nigerians not just 33k. However, if you are more than 30 when you finished your degree programme it would be a crime to manipulate your age to join the NYSC. I am sure your lady friend wants the best for you that is why she wants you to conform to what more than 5 million other young people did when it was their time. Besides time is only wasted when one is berift of ideas. Think well. NYSC is not a waste and who knows you may run for office tomorrow and you will need that certificate that many people on this platform are encouraging you to ignore.

Which political office in Nigeria requires NYSC discharge certificate as a prerequisite qualification?
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by elbulk(m): 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
AreaGovo:

Based on my course of study, I have mapped out plans and strategies (blueprint) on setting up my firm where I'll do my private practice once I'm stable economically. By God's grace, in the future, I see government and even private firms coming to seek my services as a technocrat cum consultant in that field. But my woman (fiancée) is saying those who didn't serve and receive NYSC discharged are not regarded as graduates even though they've exemption letter citing discrimination and even example coming from her uncle of how people were disqualified from appointment for not having NYSC discharged. Please how true is that submission of hers? Does such discrimination actually exist in government and private organizations?

Below are my reasons for not desiring to serve. First, I'm above 30. Second, not really freak about the NYSC of thing. Third, at the moment, I'm unemployed but applicant. Fourth, I don't want to waste another one year when I should be hunting "cool cash" instead of 33k. Fifth, even if I want to start going back to do all those age forgery stuff and the rest, like I said, a jobless/applicant like me can't boast of 70k (or even more) to start running all those stuff but she's hell bent I serve. Is NYSC really such a big deal?

Don't waste your time.its the same thing. Jobs say Nysc discharge/exemption/exclussion.
I never served and I able always worked
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by ImaIma1(f): 10:04pm On Aug 13, 2021
SonofGod231:

Ona ignorance on this platform can make one throw up.
OP Is up to 30yrs but his gf wants him to still go to NYSC Camp.What are the rules laid down patterning youth service?My dear,There are so many other factors that influences being exempted from NYSC not just age.Age is just one of them.
Government set down these rules and the same government is in charge of Labour and empowerment. So what's the difference between the NYSC Discharge Certificate and An Exemption Certificate? Someone he might regret not going to Camp.Whats the youth service and exemption criteria for?
Ona dumb here Sha.Can OP Genuinely Complete the NYSC Online Process's without being issued an exemption letter?
Or maybe lack of exposure (Information).

Resist the urge to shalaye.

What's with the essay comprehension? Keep it for when next you are bored.

You better throw up on yourself at your own ignorance and vamos.

1 Like

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by SonofGod231: 10:08pm On Aug 13, 2021
ImaIma1:

Resist the urge to shalaye.

What's with the essay comprehension? Keep it for when next you are bored.

You better throw up on yourself at your own ignorance and vamos.
I think you should be one of the specimen put on "Nigerian people's and Culture"as a Special Case Study.
People coming from overseas would be amazed.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Truvelisback(m): 10:13pm On Aug 13, 2021
CamusMidas:
Says coward that has nothing to be prideful of.
Oga, go play 4 shit.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by ImaIma1(f): 10:28pm On Aug 13, 2021
SonofGod231:

I think you should be one of the specimen put on "Nigerian people's and Culture"as a Special Case Study.
People coming from overseas would be amazed.

Right next to your specimen.

Bored already. Yawns*

Good night Mr People and Culture tongue

1 Like

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by NovusHomo(m): 10:45pm On Aug 13, 2021
AreaGovo:

Tell her to go ahead and marry herself.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Laideabdulahi: 10:50pm On Aug 13, 2021
Brotherly, .

What I see beneath your story is a girl wanti to freestyle and flex the one year with 52 guys (1 per week for one year) before you come back to continue stalking her.

Be wise!

How can a girl say exemption certificate is rubbish.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by SonofGod231: 10:59pm On Aug 13, 2021
ImaIma1:

Right next to your specimen.

Bored already. Yawns*

Good night Mr People and Culture tongue
Boredom can be a terrible thing for those who accept to be idle.If You start now by downloading the "The Nigerian 1999 Constitution"Law and begin. you might rid yourself of boredom and some Ignorance at the same time.
Gudnite.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Newboss(m): 12:00am On Aug 14, 2021
Simran94:

This is very wrong!!!! You don't need to be an inflencer on twitter to get 1000 views a day. Go and check some tweets with high engagements and check the number of followers the person who made the tweet has, then compare. Forget about being an influencer, It all depends on the kind of tweets if it's an interactive post or something people can relate with. Post anything to shade Davido, or wizkid and see if you won't have mad engagements on your tweets.
I have seen people with less than 50 followers on twitter with lots of engagements (like over 10k likes and comments) on a particular post because it's an interactive post and people kept retweeting as they were reading and commenting.

Those are exceptions. Don't work with exceptional cases. I also use Twitter. I know Nairaland creates an even playing field you can never get on Twitter or Facebook. Nairaland is in a class of its own.

1 Like

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 14, 2021
MajorGeneralLaw:
TheGidRedpiller pls come and save a soul
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by TripleAkutigi: 7:50am On Aug 14, 2021
Look 4 d person wey want nysc nah.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by fegben(m): 8:10am On Aug 14, 2021
With the system in place you can not even change anything. You can't forge it because the system will catch you or else you have perfected it because you were admitted. The exemption certificate is equivalent to NYSC certificate because the two of them are always stated in any job advertisement either government or private establishment because they serve the same purpose and perhaps I was above 30yrs when I graduated and I was issued an exemption certificate immediately within a month and fortunately I just got a federal government job. It is a waste of time for you to pursue it now because you are not qualified
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by SenecaTheYonger: 8:21am On Aug 14, 2021
That one year you used to serve, she will use it to fvck every dick she has been putting on hold before you come back and marry her
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by UlqU3(m): 8:51am On Aug 14, 2021
AreaGovo:

You're incorrect. You are not supposed to do NYSC if you were 30 years before you graduated . Being 30 years in your house doesn't stop you from doing NYSC. Also, the experience will broaden your mindset. How will you cater to the government when you don't know anything about diversity?
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by mastermaestro(m): 9:06am On Aug 14, 2021
CharisEleos:

Your case is different because you told them you're awaiting a call up letter and no sane company would want to waste their time employing someone that will soon leave the job and go for service which was clear from the womans response.

Not the same. Op, doesn't want to go for service, is not eligible to go for service, cannot can.

Sincerely, I am relishing your responses. grin
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by sundayadoga781(m): 9:15am On Aug 14, 2021
The certificate of national service is not only required for political office but employment too. If for reason of age, the type of degree programme, existing national honours award, service in the military or paramilitary one is give an exemption certificate or exclusion letter, these other documents are as valid as the NYSC certificate of national service. This is part of our laws (constitution)
Ferrous:

Which political office in Nigeria requires NYSC discharge certificate as a prerequisite qualification?
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by mastermaestro(m): 9:15am On Aug 14, 2021
Newboss:

Those are exceptions. Don't work with exceptional cases. I also use Twitter. I know Nairaland creates an even playing field you can never get on Twitter or Facebook. Nairaland is in a class of its own.

Many Nigerians don't value indigenous creations. Just see the way he is screaming twitter up and down. Shameful! angry
As you have stated, Nairaland offers you a sure community of perspectives whenever you need inputs on an issue. You can register today and be heard today. Simply put it's a village square where the rich, poor, known and unknown can be heard without much hassle.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Ikwerelastborn: 9:57am On Aug 14, 2021
nrexzy:
A lot of insults from peeps above.... He simply asked for your opinion not for u guys to insult his girl... Can even see a myopic female insulting her...

Fact if ur above 30, automatically u would be exempted..

2ndly she and her uncle are right.... Without NYSc appointments into government position is difficult...
E. G the case of former minister of finance(Kemi)..

In conclusion,
So she has ur best interest @ heart... Better u just do it than to be found wanting....
Even PMB had a waec issues though his classmates came openly and the exam board yet people still have issues with that, now imagine an ordinary citizen.

In my own opinion if ur above 30 then u can live ur life and follow ur woman.
You talked poorly ,exemption certificates are cool for him since he's above the age,or you want him to forge his age?where is your morality
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by bab22: 10:09am On Aug 14, 2021
Truvelisback:
Oga, go and serve. The way to the top is 4rm down. Don't allow pride and oju kokoro to kill u. U manage to see 33k, u no thank ur God.
For someone who's above 30
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by fitinwell: 10:09am On Aug 14, 2021
AreaGovo:

Brother secure the Money bag first... your real woman go surface...

i didn't go for nysc.. i got exemption.. because i was busy with my consultancy business.

las, las i find a bride that suit my taste and boom we marry on low key
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:37am On Aug 14, 2021
That girl head no correct (sorry to say).

Make she leave u naah...

Who tell am say women no plenty?

Make she go her way and let u focus on your plans and goal.

Na to make am in this life sure pass ooh.

If to say I don pass 30 when I finished school ni, me self no go serve nada.

Who serving epp?

I'm a business man... Business wey no even concern my higher institution course.

She's not serious.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by nrexzy: 11:31am On Aug 14, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

You talked poorly ,exemption certificates are cool for him since he's above the age,or you want him to forge his age?where is your morality

Try read to comprehend oo e get why
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Awise09(m): 11:36am On Aug 14, 2021
AreaGovo:

to be sincere that it not your wife

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Quick Question To The Married Folks Here / Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family / Fvck MBGN. Behold The Finest Girl In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.