Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,578 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match (6367 Views)

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie / Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by 2sleek2NV(m): 9:56am On May 20, 2011
in as much as we all like osaze and he has been in great form, indiscipline has to be kicked out of our football.
when the french coach did it to some players at the world cup, we all applauded him, Sir Alex Ferguson does it so why are we complaining that siasia has done same?
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by apache77(m): 9:59am On May 20, 2011
Dat guy is lousy, very very. He has issues with all coaches who manage him in Nigeria, amodu, lagerback, now siasia. I feel he should be given the Anelka treatment. who the hell does he think he is? Leavin camp, then going to rant against the coach on twitter. Rooney, with all his antecedents, have you ever seen where he said anything uncomplimentary about CApello?? he cant dare, even if he insults him in private. THis guy shd bedropped and banned for like 10games, rubbish
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by JimmyBoy1: 10:07am On May 20, 2011
I like both Osaze and Siasia, Osaze's commitment to his country has never been in doubt. However, I wish someome can help me tell osaze that the most disciplined players always have the longest career span. Ryan Giggs is a perfect example.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Afam4eva(m): 10:17am On May 20, 2011
Siasia is the chief coach of the super eagles and any decision he takes can either to drop Osazie.his decision make or destroy him. So let's respect
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by rasputinn(m): 10:23am On May 20, 2011
apache77:

Dat guy is lousy, very very. He has issues with all coaches who manage him in Nigeria, amodu, lagerback, now siasia. I feel he should be given the Anelka treatment. who the hell does he think he is? Leavin camp, then going to rant against the coach on twitter. Rooney, with all his antecedents, have you ever seen where he said anything uncomplimentary about CApello?? he cant dare, even if he insults him in private. THis guy shd bedropped and banned for like 10games, rubbish

GBAM

@ All Pro-Osaze peeps
Osaze NEVER apologised;not to Siasia,not to his teammates

Does it make sense for Honerc1 to offend FBS and apologise to Mukina2?
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by BizBooks(m): 10:40am On May 20, 2011
How did this problem start: If one is to believe Osaze, it started when Siasia insisted he train and play against Kenya in a friendly match while he was nursing an injury. Most of us know Osaze as a very committed player and I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Siasia is a young coach and should learn how to manage his players. If other world class coaches can manage players like Ballotelli and Gattuso, I don't see why Siasia cannot do the same. If you remember, back in their days, Okocha and Amokachi were serious rebels. They were known to leave camp and attend night clubs while they have a game the following day. Despite that, both of them ended up having fruitful careers with the Eagles.

P.S: Obafemi Martins is missing from the list. Has he been dropped or is he injured?
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by maankind(m): 10:42am On May 20, 2011
as far as am concern OSAS as proved himself to be a dedicated and petrotic nigeria in the past , guess we shouldnt judge him wit this present
however SIASIA should ve forgotten abt it after his apology
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by eche80(m): 10:50am On May 20, 2011
which discipline is he trying to instill, calling up Ayila, Ejide, Isaac Promise and untested players for a friendly with Argentina. i dey laugh una grin grin grin grin grin grin. Argentina 4 - Naija 0. 2 yobo own goals. tongue
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by mrofficial(m): 11:07am On May 20, 2011
BizBooks:

How did this problem start: If one is to believe Osaze, it started when Siasia insisted he train and play against Kenya in a friendly match while he was nursing an injury. Most of us know Osaze as a very committed player and I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Siasia is a young coach and should learn how to manage his players. If other world class coaches can manage players like Ballotelli and Gattuso, I don't see why Siasia cannot do the same. If you remember, back in their days, Okocha and Amokachi were serious rebels. They were known to leave camp and attend night clubs while they have a game the following day. Despite that, both of them ended up having fruitful careers with the Eagles.

P.S: Obafemi Martins is missing from the list. Has he been dropped or is he injured?

It's like they have forgotten. Thanks for reminding them. These same people will call for Siasia's head if we lose to Argentina.

Martins has injury.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by omo9ja1(m): 11:10am On May 20, 2011
I agree with Siasia, Odemwingie need to respect his coach, can he try that in his club? he would be easily replaced, he need to learn
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by nwaafo1: 11:13am On May 20, 2011
BizBooks:

Rubbish
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by phreakabit(m): 11:25am On May 20, 2011
Issac promise is outright GARBAGE!!! But at this time Martins is worse than him.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by BabaO2: 11:28am On May 20, 2011
Siasia cant be right all the time, it was this same Osaze that helped him at the Olympics when his tutored boys Taiye Taiwo and Mikel Obi dumped him.
I can see Osaze and Shittu, head to head as the most patriotic  super Eagles.
Osaze is a person that cannot mortgage his conscience from the past antecedents. Both Osaze and siasia are Nigerians working towards the same goal and objective.
Technical committee ought to call two of them for conflict resolution they are both stakeholders in this matter.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by proffemi: 11:37am On May 20, 2011
@Tee_Jay
You're not making much sense. The point is not about Siasia's playing days. The point is: a talented player messed up big time and to make it worse, he didn't even man up and apologize to the coach. Yet people like you want the coach to just overlook that. Hmmm.

And you complain about indiscipline in Nigeria, abi??
Sorry, you're in a minority here (which gives me hope for Nigeria) and you're most assuredly wrong.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by sicily4u: 11:40am On May 20, 2011
why siasia is making things difficult, osaze have appologies to him, and some people here are saying that he should call him personal on phone and do that, who knows he might have done that as well, by the way he insulted him through media and he appologies through media as well.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by proffemi: 11:44am On May 20, 2011
@mr.official  and Co:
Did you not see this same "injured" Osaze destroy Liverpool days after
I am not saying he should risk his career for the Super Eagles. Nobody's saying that, probably not even Siasia. The simple facts are: no matter the circumstances, he should NOT abuse his boss (coach) in this context. Certainly not online. And if he does, he should apologize.

Anything outside this is called INDISCIPLINE, and no previous history will change that. Look, I love Osaze just as much as you guys but if you look at the facts and ignore sentiments, you'd realize that you can't allow anyone, no matter how talented, to be above the team.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Nobody: 11:58am On May 20, 2011
prof.femi:

@mr.official  and Co:
Did you not see this same "injured" Osaze destroy Liverpool days after
I am not saying he should risk his career for the Super Eagles. Nobody's saying that, probably not even Siasia. The simple facts are: no matter the circumstances, he should NOT abuse his boss (coach) in this context. Certainly not online. And if he does, he should apologize.

Anything outside this is called INDISCIPLINE, and no previous history will change that. Look, I love Osaze just as much as you guys but if you look at the facts and ignore sentiments, you'd realize that you can't allow anyone, no matter how talented, to be above the team.

All your posts on this matter makes complete sense.

Although Personally I am a little sad for OSAZE but it serves him right. Would love to see what a pairing of EKIGHO EHIOSUN and IKECHUKWU UCHE can wrought. cool
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Kx: 11:58am On May 20, 2011
The tweets that got this started:

Odemwingie implied in his Twitter rant that that he opted out of the Kenya friendly because of injury.

He wrote: "[size=14pt]Unlike me my finishing in training today was good. Hearing something that Siasia is angry I left. He needs to think a bit or he got issues." [/size] shocked shocked shocked

He has apologised no doubt, but would it have been right to have glossed over the unbolded if u were siasa?
Punishment well deserved.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by MeGaStReEt: 12:01pm On May 20, 2011
I love Osaze and whole lot of Nigeria do, but I am with Siasia on this one, there is need to discpline the players
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by bamosagie(m): 12:02pm On May 20, 2011
Osaze made his remark in public, apologized in public, and have probably accepted being dropped in good faith. its time for him to rest after an eventfull season. so hate osaze or not, outscoring Asamoah Gyan, Kalou and Drogba speaks volume for his quality, he is in the category of Tevez, Messi and Higuain, well they are not playing either so kini big deal.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by otokx(m): 12:03pm On May 20, 2011
The downfall of SIASIA has started; mark my words - the party abi honeymoon is over.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 20, 2011
otokx:

The downfall of SIASIA has started; mark my words - the party abi honeymoon is over.

grin Guy in your mind oh! We have strikers to cover osaze's slack.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by marosky(m): 12:07pm On May 20, 2011
I agree with Siasia. But how about Brown Ideye. That guy is in form and one of the leading scorers in the French league. I prefer him to someone like Isaac Promise.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by BabaO2: 12:13pm On May 20, 2011
Siasia might be another westerhoff that dumped Rufai for Aloy Agu, for that period, Nigeria won nothing, not until Nigeria and Nigerians protested against this over bearing attitude.

Eagles might be heading towards a grave disaster. No sound mind coach will ever ignore Osaze.
Voice of the people is the voice of God, both siasia and osaze enjoy good followership in Nigeria, if the house divides against each other, siasia will lose out.
currently Osaze  is proving himself as one of the best in Europe.

As for siasia, we will start bringing up issues of how did he get the job?, a coach that can not take a numerical advantage over
Germany at the U 21 for a long period of play when Germany team was down to 10 men, to buttress this, Barca-madrid 11 to 11 madrid won, all other meetings 11-10 barca won underMourinho and Guardiola.
With the lost of local Eagles to local Togo at just concluded WAFU, we might eventually come to term that Siasia is not the best for Nigeria.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by kapitan: 12:17pm On May 20, 2011
this very one act, preventing the stubborn one from playing one of the most important friendly games in our nation's history, will go a long way to leave a cloud of warning on any future-intending-or otherwise defaulters of the erstwhile lazy-eagles, Wetin do Kenya wey him no wan play them? yeye boy, we go miss you but that Wolves from Warri is who I want to see against the Argentines, You, Osaze, I already know, SiaSia, TooGood
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by marosky(m): 12:18pm On May 20, 2011
Na u come be the best abi.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 20, 2011
Baba_O:

Siasia might be another westerhoff that dumped Rufai for Aloy Agu, for that period, Nigeria won nothing, not until Nigeria and Nigerians protested against this over bearing attitude.

Eagles might be heading towards a grave disaster. No sound mind coach will ever ignore Osaze.
Voice of the people is the voice of God, both siasia and osaze enjoy good followership in Nigeria, if the house divides against each other, siasia will lose out.
currently Osaze  is proving himself as one of the best in Europe.

As for siasia, we will start bringing up issues of how did he get the job?, a coach that can not take a numerical advantage over
Germany at the U 21 for a long period of play when Germany team was down to 10 men, to buttress this, Barca-madrid 11 to 11 madrid won, all other meetings 11-10 barca won underMourinho and Guardiola.
With the lost of local Eagles to local Togo at just concluded WAFU, we might eventually come to term that Siasia is not the best for Nigeria.

Chill out! its just two games, i will look for you after we play argentina, Who is the best for naija? you? or the mumu duo of amodu and keshi?
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by TeeJay6(m): 12:24pm On May 20, 2011
prof.femi:

@Tee_Jay
You're not making much sense. The point is not about Siasia's playing days. The point is: a talented player messed up big time and to make it worse, he didn't even man up and apologize to the coach. Yet people like you want the coach to just overlook that. Hmmm.

And you complain about indiscipline in Nigeria, abi??
Sorry, you're in a minority here (which gives me hope for Nigeria) and you're most assuredly wrong.
If you read my post well, i never alluded that osaze isnt in the wrong here, all i'm saying is that the guy has apologised and siasia should move on from the issue. I referred to siasia's indiscipline during his playing days and the fact that the manager still managed to accomodate him and not hang him out to dry.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 20, 2011
Tee_Jay:

If you read my post well, i never alluded that osaze isnt in the wrong here, all i'm saying is that the guy has apologised and siasia should move on from the issue. I referred to siasia's indiscipline during his playing days and the fact that the manager still managed to accomodate him and not hang him out to dry.

Dude! Osaze did not apologize to Siasia. He just tried to explain why he did what he did. What would it have cost him to do a written apology that the papers will carry for free?
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Texther(m): 12:34pm On May 20, 2011
Fool, ingrate, how much d guy get wey make am dey do gra gra. Na so Mikel too start & now see where he land!!! I just pity u because say u fine small & sufferness go make u ugly pass Mikel.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by enomakos(m): 12:37pm On May 20, 2011
good move sia1 np player is bigger than nigeria
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by TeeJay6(m): 12:37pm On May 20, 2011
yomola:

Dude! Osaze did not apologize to Siasia. He just tried to explain why he did what he did. What would it have cost him to do a written apology that the papers will carry for free?
Written apology for what Whilst it is an honour to play for your country; asking a player to make a written public apology to his manager who is not entirely blameless in the whole episode is a bit demeaning in my own book. Is this not the same siasia who refused to play for nigeria in the 1990 cup of nations because the FA didnt give him and the bonus he asked for?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? / Download Video: Real Madrid vs Barcelona 2-0 All Goals & Highlights / CAF Champions League S/F 2nd Leg: Enyimba FC Vs Wydad Casablanca (0 - 0) On Sunday 16th October 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.