Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match (6366 Views)

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie / Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by kapitan: 12:44pm On May 20, 2011
Tee Jay, yes Siasia did his own bit and it cost him an automatic shirt (the birth of an Amokachi) in the super eagles, So if he is doin his best to prevent Osaze from going down same lane, carry go, flog all of them, till they come out straight for the Nation.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by TeeJay6(m): 12:50pm On May 20, 2011
kapitan:

Tee Jay, yes Siasia did his own bit and it cost him an automatic shirt (the birth of an Amokachi) in the super eagles, So if he is doin his best to prevent Osaze from going down same lane, carry go, flog all of them, till they come out straight for the Nation.
^^^ I agree, my beef is that the boy has apologised, now we need to move on no point punishing him by refusing to pick him.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 20, 2011
Tee_Jay:

Written apology for what Whilst it is an honour to play for your country; asking a player to make a written public apology to his manager who is not entirely blameless in the whole episode is a bit demeaning in my own book. Is this not the same siasia who refused to play for nigeria in the 1990 cup of nations because the FA didnt give him and the bonus he asked for?

Does two wrongs make right? are we still in the 90's? I am just asking Osaze to show wisdom that's all! If he knows that he is wrong and he went all out to apologize in the dailies way b4 the list came out. He will have nigerians rallying at his side right now.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Seun(m): 1:26pm On May 20, 2011
Sounds as if he had no choice.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by pinkrex(m): 1:47pm On May 20, 2011
Even if he is playing for Russia he'ill still get the same sanctions or even worse.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by mbulela: 1:51pm On May 20, 2011
He actually tried to call Siasia and apologise in person but he had no airtime on his phone that weekend.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by mbulela: 1:59pm On May 20, 2011
Tee_Jay:

^^^ I agree, my beef is that the boy has apologised, now we need to move on no point punishing him by refusing to pick him.

Please provide proof.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by pinkrex(m): 2:09pm On May 20, 2011
mbulela:

Please provide proof.

proof? dumb ass finking abilities mehn, grin grin grin
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by rolextoni: 2:35pm On May 20, 2011
Correct siasia there!! Thank you for always rewarding hard work and good players, Up Ehiosun Ekigho, My main man Go Ehis,
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by fijiano202(m): 2:47pm On May 20, 2011
lose the qualifiers and see what nigerians would say,dont ever think they like you cos at the the end of the day ur gonna receive ur sack letter.
I TRUST NAIJA
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by fxtopedia(m): 2:50pm On May 20, 2011
[size=38pt]Life is simple[/size]
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by isquar3d3(m): 3:06pm On May 20, 2011
guys, why r we floggin ds issue. Osaze just needs 2 apologise 2 d coach nd his oda team mates. Imagine leaving a camp dat stil had a yobo, mikel, taiwo nd d odas. Amongst them, he stil plays in a less important club bt they did nt leave camp. D oda players threatend 2 boycott matches if sia1 did nt sanction osas. If u were d coach, wat wld u hv done? We've always cried 4 discipline in our national team and at last, sm1 is trying 2 instill it bt sm of us r crying. If it is nt done nw, it wil neva be done.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by richidinho(m): 3:56pm On May 20, 2011
leaving our most in form player out of the list. well lets wait ad see.

i cant remember OSAZE winning any medal before SIASIA took him to OLYMPICS
where he won silver medal

do me i do u
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by fxtopedia(m): 4:05pm On May 20, 2011
richidinho:

leaving our most in form player out of the list. well lets wait ad see.

i cant remember OSAZE winning any medal before
SIASIA took him to OLYMPICS
where he won silver medal

do me i do u

Kindly do your research very well before exposing ignorance in a public like this.
Do you remember 2004? It was even celebrated as gold, lol
What Osaze did was wrong, but don't make comment out of point!!! grin
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Maxidoe(m): 4:07pm On May 20, 2011
Osaze has not apologised so you guys stop peddling rumors.Osaze for me is the best Nigerian player at the moment, but that should not spare him the stick if he errs,National team was there before Osaze and will be after him.He had issues with Amodu,Lagerback and now Siaisa so it definitely shows he has problem respecting his coaches.He can never do that to his coach in west brom,leave the camp and then spew crap on twitter, it is highly unacceptable even in the animal kingdom.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 20, 2011
You guys can talk oh. Siasia will definitely invite him for subsequent matches after this one.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by deniyor: 5:05pm On May 20, 2011
Good move by siasia. A coach should be in control of a team. Leaving camp without permission and insulting the coach afterwards should be grounds for a lenghty suspension by the coach. No matter how good the player is.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by richidinho(m): 6:26pm On May 20, 2011
Kindly do your research very well before exposing ignorance in a public like this.
Do you remember 2004? It was even celebrated as gold,  lol
What Osaze did was wrong, but don't make comment out of point!!! Grin

what happen in 2004? was it better than silver ware  in World event like OLYMPICS rubbing mind with the best footballers in the world.
you are a butterfly that call himself bird

when did OSAZE became a superstar, osaze 15, ronaldo 52{52 - 15 = 37}
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by cmespeak: 7:02pm On May 20, 2011
A good decision by siasia and as we hail him now hope we won't start critcizing him and taunting him should in case we lose by a landslide dat day, because nigerians do not stick to their words.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by adefemi1(m): 7:34pm On May 20, 2011
General boyloaf was granted armnesty, yuguda was granted nationwide pardon so what did osas done that sia cant grant him amnesty and pay him for amnesty by awarding him the captain of super eagle
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Mehiedu(m): 8:56pm On May 20, 2011
I like what siasia did by not calling up osaze for the two games,he is good no doubt but he should be discipline so that he can lean his lessons,i sincere know that osaze cannot try what he did in march this year with his club manager at west brom.this will serve as deterrent to other players in the team.discipline is the key to success of every team.no one man is bigger or better than the entire team.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by easyemoney(m): 10:39pm On May 20, 2011
Odewingie is not above the coach so he needs to succomb to Siasia or else his case will be like eric cantona who was a very good player but never layed for france because he was arrogant. why did he try that at his premiership club and lets see if he will not be blacklisted from the first team
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 20, 2011
[size=16pt]you guys need to chill out!!
siasia will play him on the team right after the argentina and ethiopia game according to the news
[/size]

i am happy with what siasia doing anyway. it enforces that he is not a walkover . . . ppl cannot do what they want to him and play for the eagles at the same time. other players will know not to be mean unneccesarily to the nigerian coach

l
                  l
                  l
                  l
                  l
                  v
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by DASLEEKY: 11:51pm On May 20, 2011
abeg make we hear word joor,    pls just name any more commited player in the eagles set up than Osaze,  BTW my guy needs the rest badly,

http://www.wba.co.uk/page/News/0,,10366~2363868,00.html
ROY HODGSON:

Roy Hodgson has revealed 15-goal top scorer Odemwingie has been struggling with an ankle problem.

And the Baggies boss has seized the opportunity to maximise his recovery time over the summer by allowing him to break up a week early after playing football constantly for the past 18 months.

"Peter Odemwingie won't play in this game for a variety of reasons," said Hodgson.

"I don't know which is the most important to be perfectly honest.

"He's got an ankle problem we've been nursing him through.

"Equally important is that he's played a year-and-a-half's football without having the chance to get a break and in particular get the chance to go back and see his mother in Moscow.

"Thirdly, he has got matches coming up for Nigeria quite a long way into June.

"I do know he was hoping to avoid the friendly matches and just play the qualifiers.

"But I don't know if he's been allowed to do that.
"With that combination of reasons it was, in my opinion, important to give him the chance to get back and see his mother this week and not take any risk with his ankle.[
adefemi1:

General boyloaf was granted armnesty, yuguda was granted nationwide pardon so what did osas done that sia cant grant him amnesty and pay him for amnesty by awarding him the captain of super eagle

Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Baro(m): 12:33am On May 21, 2011
Mark my words, this is the beginning of the end for Siasia . . .A good leader exercises restraint, respect is better than fear . . . . .  . . . . This is not to in anyway justify Osaze's insurbudination.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by easyemoney(m): 12:55am On May 21, 2011
Hello Baro, if osaze was to be on Mourinho's team will he just get out of camp without telling him, Siasia has to instill discipline in the team or else he will lose control of the team and if Odewingie Is not smart enough to make himself a sample then it is his fault. this same thing happen in chelsea under Avran grant and Phillipe Scolari who always complained that they didnt not have control of the dressing room but the same guy that constituted the trouble were humble under a younger coach mourinho.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Baro(m): 1:15am On May 21, 2011
I don't have any problem with Siasia instilling discipline is his team, but the way he goes about it is very important. You don't scratch your body the way it itches you, else you will have the whole of it bleeding. My position is that the sanction is excessive and hasty, considering the facts and circumstances surrounding the offense.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by mcgboye(m): 6:51am On May 21, 2011
By dropping our most in-form striker, and against a first class opponent like Argentina no less, we've sent a strong message to all our stars: no act of indiscipline will be spared!
And Osaze had better be warned. He had the same issue with Amodu and Lagerback.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by USA1234567: 12:48pm On May 21, 2011
Why not odemwingie?
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by nsiadi: 2:05pm On May 21, 2011
Steer mid road please.
These footballers are youth, We need not use hammer 2 break egg.
2 wrongs dont make a right. What are the egg heads in d football arena doing to douse the tension?
Osaze wronged, once, give him benefit of doubt, warn him, advise him on how not 2 use twitter, yes.
Our eyes go clear when we begin 2 hv negative effects. Remember Chelsea after d sack of assistant coach.
Remember Anelka, how his abandoned training in South Africa

Its not that I condone indiscipline anyway. Pyrrhic victory is not d best either.
Sia 1 shd note that those praising him now 4 the stern action wl be the 1st 2 throw stone. We can avert danger by being crafty. Dony toy our football destiny, please ooooooo
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by hollandis(f): 5:10pm On May 21, 2011
Our praises has entered into his head.Let him fail in that match,our insults will target his head.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Nobody: 10:09am On May 22, 2011
hollandis:

Our praises has entered into his head.Let him fail in that match,our insults will target his head.

He [Siasia] will not lose either of the matches, Pro-Osaze guys should just imagine that he had injury and he will be out for two matches shikena! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? / Download Video: Real Madrid vs Barcelona 2-0 All Goals & Highlights / CAF Champions League S/F 2nd Leg: Enyimba FC Vs Wydad Casablanca (0 - 0) On Sunday 16th October 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.